Fresh Start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura couldnt stop thinking about everything that had happnened that day along with these mixed signals she was getting from juris she didnt know how to take in any of it. she had tried to erase the unthinkable that maybe juris liked her... it seemed there was just too much hatred for that to be the case but the again the way she was in detention prooved something different. she decided not to tell anyone about any of it not even her close friends who would surely call and ask how her first day was. she gathered her bags and began her walk home

"Why are you late?" Juris' father said in a sharp tone, greeting her at the doorway as she took off her sneakers. She gave him a glance and walked past him, ignoring the supposedly fear and intimidation he was trying to build "Don't turn your back at me, young lady. Why are you late?"

Juris rolled her eyes "You seem new here, you should ask mother about my life more - you seemed to know nothing. Oh right, you have no time. You'd rather care more about your work." she said, jerking her head towards his direction "Stop trying to act like you care, I already accepted the fact that you never did." she headed upstairs, collapsing on her bed. Instead of letting her stupid father come in her thoughts, she filled her head with her new achievement instead - she bullied a new kid for the first time.

As laura wiped the steam from the mirror she looked at her soft face and couldnt help but laugh at the fact that she had even attempted to look intimidating. her bright green eyes blinked twice as she examined the bruise , it didnt even hurt as much. her father hadnt really even noticed she was late, she had come in and asked him did he even wonder why, he glanced at her twice then went back to his paper work saying he figured she had been with friends. friends? what friends? today was the first day. she didnt give her father grief though, he worked hard to give her and her younger brother everything they have. he was a great dad when he wanted to be, she just wished his job was more stable. a travel agents career should never involve the creation of children though he claims this was the best thing to ever happen to him. with her mom divorcing him, and the settlements and working , she decided to not give him the hell a teenage girl her age could.

after she put her little brother to bed, she gave her dad a quick kiss on the cheek and began to walk away "so youve met new friends im guesing.. you never answered me" he said not looking up from his work. she began to climb the stair case slowly yawning. "kind of i guess.. its only the first day dad" her dad smiled and looked up at her for a long moment then back to his paper work "kinda is better then no. no enemies right?" laura hesitated at this. she answered slowly "...nope. some of the seniors think their big and bad, but its nothing big" he was going to answer her when his phone rang, he gave her the gesture it would only be a moment but it really meant an eternity. she went up stairs and layed out her outfit for tomorow, skinny jeans and a cute pink tank top.. also a tight knit sweater to carry around for her colder classes. she planned on ignoring juris the whole day. she wouldnt even give her the satisfaction of a glance.. or so she planned.

"Guess what? We have classes with those blasted juniors again...."

Juris ignored Richard's whine. Is that how overpopulated Lakeshore High has become, that normal classes became multi-age classes. Even thought it was annoying, the thought of torturing Laura filled her head. She was addicted to this new hobby she had discovered, and it hasn't been 24 hours since she has attempted it. She was already hooked. She looked towards the door, waiting for her prey to arrive.

Laura walked in noticing juris right away she made sure she found a seat near the back on the far end opposite of juris. she planned on sticking to what she said she would do ignoring her which would probably annoy juris more then letting her know she got to laura. she barely glanced at her.. just long enough to know how far away to sit from her. she fixed the ribbon in her hair and then began playing with her finger nails.. anything to keep her attention off juris even though she was probably sure she was staring hard. good thing brittney and stacey had this period as well and even though she wasnt interested in their topic which was gossip as always, she acted like she was so juris would think she payed her no mind.

Ignorance. It wasn't the type of response Juris expected to get from the new girl, but she certainly was not going to lose this game. She always wins, and always will. She watched the teacher give his lectures to the class, and she slowly waited for the right time to shoot her hand up in the air - which she did in a few seconds after the thought. The teacher glanced at her direction, with a curious glance etched on his face "Yes, Miss Reed."

"As much as I didn't want to interrupt your wonderful lecture..." she said in an attempt to flatter him out of subtle sarcasm "But the new girl is not paying attention."

"Is that so...Miss Laura?" the teacher said, looking towards Laura and the whole class followed in unison.

Gotcha.

what a bitch

was the only thing that rang in her head over and over trying to find an escape route, wanting to come out of her mouth. She glared in juris's direction then back at the teacher "i was just..im sorry" she said defeated. even though she wanted to yell why are you worried about what im doing?! across the room, but she didnt want to fight juris and she didnt want to get written up either. "if it happens again Miss Laura, ill write you up, i know you juniors tend to be less mature but atleast for seniors sake act like you have common sense" he said going back to his lecture.

she balled up her fists looking down. trying her hardest not to look at juris or aknowledge her in any way. when the bell rang she quickly walked out before everyone going to her locker to get her books. she was so furious it took her 3 tries just to get it open. she looked at her scedual to see which class she had next to pull out the right books.

"Don't you love having classes with me?" Juris chuckled appearing beside Laura's locker, leaning against the closed lockers beside it. She turned her head slightly and smirked at her. She dug both of her hands in her pockets, and placed her foot against the surface of the lockers; she acted like a guy, even the way she talked and mannerisms. It was convincing. Very convincing, and her feminine facial strucutre just had to ruined it. "I'm such a blast, aren't I? You should be happy, the teachers acknowledge you more new girl." Juris realized after a moment that she had never learned of the new girl's name. They alway mentioned it in class, but she never paid attention to it "Eh, what was your name again?"

"Laura took out her books and slammed her locker shut" You mess with me so much but dont know my name?" she said avoiding eye contact like she had promised herself she would. "Its Laura. not that you should care any since you ya know hate my guts for no reason and what not." if laura didnt know any better she couldve swarn that juris was just a very pretty guy. the way she stood the way she dressed the way she acted. everything about her reminded laura of a guy. but still no eye contact. she brushed her bangs from her face "how long are you going to keep this up?"

"For as long as I can..." she smirked, placing a hand under Laura's chin tilting it up idly like she did yesterday. Juris was a few inches taller than Laura, so if she wanted eye contact from the woman - this action was necessary. "...and that would be a very long time, Laura. So prepare yourself." she examined her eyes for moment, before withdrawing her hand from her chin, making it drop down harshly and helplessly "You should look people in the eyes more, then maybe...they'll take you more seriously."

She leaned away from the lockers and walked to opposite hallway from where Laura stood, smirking playfully as she did so. Thi was extremely fun, that it was thrilling. As much as she wanted it to continue, she had to go to her next class.

the next day In Marine sceince, they were taking an all day trip to the beach to look for sea creatures put them in bags and bring them to the teacher, whoever collected the most would be exempt from the next big test. seniors in the class were already exempt but free to join the competition just for the hell of it. Laura smiled sweetly to herself. she had beaten everyone to the field trip bus so she could pick the seat in the back and have it to herself.knowing juris's late habits she was sure she wouldnt even get on the bus until it was about to take off which was perfect because by then seats would have filled. she fixed the strap on her hot pink bikini hidden under a biege sun dress, her dark shades hiding most of her face anyways, another great escape from juris. she sat close to the window and awaited the rest of the passengers.

As soon as mostly everybody - even Richard - boarded the bus, it began to move slowly, only to be halted into a fast stop, so strong that it's impact on it's passengers made them lean forward in response. A mix of frightened screams and whispers of wonder filled the vehicle as the driver fell silent. After a few moments, a sigh of relief was heard from the driver as he opened the doors of his bus.

"You know Mr. Jacobs, if you don't like me joining your little field trip - you could've just said so and not give me a form..." a familiar auburn haired girl said as she rose up from the steps of the bus, it was Juris. She folded her arms over her black and white plaid button-up shirt, strutting at the narrow hallways of the bus with her black capris and sneakers.

"So you pulled at stunt by standing in front of the bus?" asked the teacher "You can get me fired at this rate, young lady."

"Good." she smirked through her sunglasses, taking her eyes off Mr. Jacobs and looked to the horizon - the seats were loaded - except one. A girl with big dark shades sat in the middle row, gazing towards the window. So without a thought, she walked towards the girl and sat beside her.

when the bus had jerked the way it did, laura was sure they were gonna die, she thought the bus driver ran over someone, to her relief he hadnt but to her anxiety she had borded. she was just glad she had come late like laura knew she would with no chance to sit with her and she planned to try the same stunt on the way home.. she would say she had a stomach ache or something and get on the bus early. it was truly a shame she had to plan her whole day out as if she was at war, where to go, where not to go, it was truly exhausting and stacey and brittney yapping away didnt make it much better..

"do you like anyone yet?" stacey said randomly over the loud obnoxious kids on the bus. Laura at first didnt know she was talking to her, she blinked twice behind her shades "what?" stacey and brittney looked at each other and giggled "do you ya know like anyone yet? like a crush??" laura turned back to the window pushing her shades further back on her face she glanced around the bus her eyes stayed on juris for a little longer then a moment, luckily no one could tell. "um.. no. everyone here are jerks. im not focused on anyone right now. just school" did she just lie? or was that the truth? she thought to herself. brittney rolled her eyes "come on dont be boring. you can tell us" laura sat there as if she was thinking but really she was just stalling, "let me think" she said quietly leaning back into her seat. hopefully the bus would pull into the beach soon so she could escape.

An hour after, they finally reached the beach and everyone stood up and began crowding the bus' hallways - excited to finally get out of the hell of a bus ride. Juris folloed along with the excited crowd, much to her reluctance. She didn't like being surrounded by too much people in this manner - they were too close that it was unbearable. As soon as she stepped out of the bus, the sand and the salty air of the beach greeted her. Finally she was here.

"The staff's preparing a BBQ for all of us tonight." she heard one of them say "I think it's for bonding the juniors and seniors together, they have quite a feud."

A BBQ? Tonight? Juris was totally up for that. But for now, the sea water was something she paid attention to.

"a BBQ tonight with the seniors? suddenly i think im a vegetarian" stacey said glaring at some seniors who looked as if they were trying to get away from the juniors. like they had a disease or something. "oh stop.. maybe this way everyone will get to know each other better" brittney said shrugging. Laura grabbed her baggie and began to walk towards the beach alone. even though mostly everyone was here to enjoy themselves and have fun Laura really took the teacher up on his challenge. she wanted tp find these creatures in the sea, before everyone else. just to her luck as soon as she stepped foot in the water she felt something hard under her foot. she bent over and picked up a starfish which had made its way to land some how and died. "how sad" she said twirling it in the sun, it was pink and it sparkled a little. she put it in the bag and kept searching for things along the shore, wandering further away from the group purposely as she did so she looked at the time on her phone. she had a good couple hours before the BBQ began all to herself. she inhaled the fresh air. it seemed almost as if it was a vacation. almost

"What are you doing around my part of the beach, Laura the new girl?" called out a voice from her right, it was Juris. She sat on a giant rock that lay somewhere near the shore, that Laura was searching things around in. She took off her sunglasses and sank her feet deeper into the sand, looking at the other girl intently "You love following me don't you?"

It was not only her arrogance running her mouth, but also her assumptions. She had cross paths with this girl quite often. First in her gym class, then detention, field trip, and now even the spot at the shore.

Laura looked up at juris through her shades,"me following you? this comming from the girl who was at my locker, trying to get me in trouble in class and throwing dodgeballs with too much force at me but im following you?" she said continuing her search, picking up a shell that was probably home to some type of crab. she dropped it in the baggie and looked around a little more then turned her back to juris looking out to sea, even with shades on the sun was bright, she looked down in the water debating whether or not to get in "so why are you over here by yourself? no obnoxious friends with you today?"

"You can say that." she said with a shrug, standing up from the rock as she walked over a few feet near her with her hands in her pockets. This kind of manner was became a habit for her, probably because she liked trying to be a guy so much. She was a tomboy after all. "Same goes for you, no blonde leeches with you today?"

She took a step towards the ocean water, allowing it to wash her feet as the tides approached and retreated from the shore. The salt water was cold of course, but she didn't mind - it's been a while since she's been in the beach.

leeches? she had to laugh at that. "they are somewhere around here..i just wandered of i guess.." she said taking off her shades, she squinched her eyes at the brightness of everything. she looked down at the water that had surrounded her and juris's feet. she then bent down and picked up another starfish examining it. this one was blue. one of her favorite colors, she thought about keeping it but decided against it. the test exemptions were more important. she dropped it in the baggie and sighed. the breeze, weather, and view was intoxicating, making her feel relaxed and stress free. she looked at juris finally and smiled, she didnt know why.. it just happened. smiling at the enemy? nice goin she thought to herself.

"Hmm..." Juris said, watching her as she picked up the starfish from the sand. She looked across the horizon to her right and spotted something beneath the sand, she stared at it for a moment and walked towards it without a word. She bent down slowly to pick it up, and stood straightly as soon as she recovered the object. She turned to Laura for a moment, and back at the thing she held as she made her way back to her with her head still bent down, examining the object.

She looked at Laura once again and pulled her hand, looking at the other girl in a subtle manner "You should collect these, instead of dead sea animals." she told her, placing the object on Laura's hand. It was a snail seashell, and it was in good condition too - and certainly pretty. It was still somehow covered by the sand it was buried into, but other than that - it was quite an object. When she realized that she held Laura's hand, she released it almost immediately and ran it across her hair. God, what was she doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.