Fresh Poison (OOC/Sign Ups- Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too late for another to join this party? Hope not >.< This seems absolutely exciting.

Wow, this is gonna be a hoppin' party! Haha I'm so stoked 8D

Also, @s k u l l. , do you think Elliot and Jameson could know each other? Since Elliot is a cellist, maybe she and Jameson played a few competitions together when they were younger? (If you want, we could discuss over PM.) Anywho, just a thought~

images
images
Name: Rayna Dawson
Nickname(s): Rayne and prefers to be only called Rayne.
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Secret: On the outside, Rayne seems to outshine the term 'perfection' each and every day of her life. Not only does she excel in her academics, she is one of the social elites at her school, a national wide champion in fencing, and a state champion for archery-a pain for her to talk about and a long shot away from her expectations. When she's not practicing or doing any sports like track or shooting, she paints, plays the guitar, and take photographs of whatever she finds inspirational. Overall, Rayne is amazingly well rounded and well put together up front, but behind the mask her mind is in shambles. Rayne Dawson is a paranoid schizophrenic, and there are more voices than her's going on in that head of hers. With medication, the voices disappear- for the most part- and everything is well, but the minute she stops chaos breaks lose. Hallucinations of shadows trying to kill her haunt and follow her at every corner, imaginary people with guns stalk her, and dark voices coax her into harming herself or others. This is a secret that the Dawson family desperately tries to keep from the town because if this secret unravels Rayne will surely be viewed as insane, and it might hinder her chances of going to her dream college, Yale. It's a risk that the Dawson family is not willing to take, so they stuff Rayne with pills, causing her to feel rejected, odd, and alone. From hiding this secret, she habitually smokes and drinks, which does not work will with the medication.

Personality: For the most part, Rayne gets along with everyone. However, her alleged allergy to bullshit and fearlessness of pointing out other people's flaws and lies have caused her to make a few enemies. Rayne also has a competitive spirit- from all the sports she plays- so at times if she feels that someone is trying to one her up she can get quite aggressive. With her friends she is pretty relaxed, chill, and down for anything exciting or fun, but with people she doesn't know she may come off as cold, even though she may greet them as warmly as possible. Rayne does exhibit normal etiquette every day like she should perfectly, but one can tell that it's plastic. Around the guys, Rayne can get quite flirty and it's even worse when she's drunk.

Even though at school it seems like she's smiling, there is a good chance that for the majority of the time she really isn't. The fact that she is a schizophrenic and that she has to keep it undercover really bothers her, and she gets scared that one day the medicine won't be enough to hold her back from going crazy in front of everyone. She also fears of having a boyfriend because she thinks that if he finds out he will tell everyone and leave her, so she pushes guys away from her once it gets serious.

Other: She's a smartass and very athletic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PlayingMonster
images
images
Name: Rayna Dawson
Nickname(s): Rayne and prefers to be only called Rayne.
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Secret: On the outside, Rayne seems to outshine the term 'perfection' each and every day of her life. Not only does she excel in her academics, she is one of the social elites at her school, a national wide champion in fencing, and a state champion for archery-a pain for her to talk about and a long shot away from her expectations. When she's not practicing or doing any sports like track or shooting, she paints, plays the guitar, and take photographs of whatever she finds inspirational. Overall, Rayne is amazingly well rounded and well put together up front, but behind the mask her mind is in shambles. Rayne Dawson is a paranoid schizophrenic, and there are more voices than her's going on in that head of hers. With medication, the voices disappear- for the most part- and everything is well, but the minute she stops chaos breaks lose. Hallucinations of shadows trying to kill her haunt and follow her at every corner, imaginary people with guns stalk her, and dark voices coax her into harming herself or others. This is a secret that the Dawson family desperately tries to keep from the town because if this secret unravels Rayne will surely be viewed as insane, and it might hinder her chances of going to her dream college, Yale. It's a risk that the Dawson family is not willing to take, so they stuff Rayne with pills, causing her to feel rejected, odd, and alone. From hiding this secret, she habitually smokes and drinks, which does not work will with the medication.

Personality: For the most part, Rayne gets along with everyone. However, her alleged allergy to bullshit and fearlessness of pointing out other people's flaws and lies have caused her to make a few enemies. Rayne also has a competitive spirit- from all the sports she plays- so at times if she feels that someone is trying to one her up she can get quite aggressive. With her friends she is pretty relaxed, chill, and down for anything exciting or fun, but with people she doesn't know she may come off as cold, even though she may greet them as warmly as possible. Rayne does exhibit normal etiquette every day like she should perfectly, but one can tell that it's plastic. Around the guys, Rayne can get quite flirty and it's even worse when she's drunk.

Even though at school it seems like she's smiling, there is a good chance that for the majority of the time she really isn't. The fact that she is a schizophrenic and that she has to keep it undercover really bothers her, and she gets scared that one day the medicine won't be enough to hold her back from going crazy in front of everyone. She also fears of having a boyfriend because she thinks that if he finds out he will tell everyone and leave her, so she pushes guys away from her once it gets serious.

Other: She's a smartass and very athletic.
Accepted!

DO YOU ACCEPT NEWBIES? (GODDAMN CAPS LOCK AGAIN)
If you think you can match up to what you've already seen, them absolutely. Also, I feel you on the Caps Lock thing. When I'm getting into my writing, I'll mean to hit shift and actually hit caps lock, so I write half a sentence in all caps before I realise.

Having finally gotten around to editing the first post to include the new profiles, I think that I'm going to shortly stop accepting characters until I know who is still in and so on. There's a lot of characters.

Reactions: Redsun_Criminal
If you think you can match up to what you've already seen, them absolutely. Also, I feel you on the Caps Lock thing. When I'm getting into my writing, I'll mean to hit shift and actually hit caps lock, so I write half a sentence in all caps before I realise.

Having finally gotten around to editing the first post to include the new profiles, I think that I'm going to shortly stop accepting characters until I know who is still in and so on. There's a lot of characters.

I'll do my best! Great RP idea, btw! (I'll try to get my character in before tomorrow)

• Love
Reactions: PlayingMonster
We have two people with Paranoid Schizophrenia... interesting. I wonder if they'll be able to guess each other's secrets. :eyebrow:

Right, I'm going to put some absolute figures on this. I'll be open to character applications for another 24 hours or thereabouts, and I will start the party tomorrow evening or the day after.

1c1fe01dd55f0e02bea1bbd7b58a0267.jpg

(Image source: Google)
Name: Alexis Callaghan
Nickname(s): None (prefers not to be called "Alex")
Sexuality: Heterosexual (Attracted to guys)
Secret: Alexis recently took up residence in a university relatively close to Mountain Brook, the details of the party were relayed to her through passing rumours, and saw it as an opportunity to make new friends. Those who ask why she's chosen to stay in a university dorm will typically be granted with a new excuse each time. She's been reticent to admit that she was kicked out of her birth home at the age of 15, the same year she had come out to her parents as transsexual (MtF). Her fundamentalist Irish-Catholic parents, who she had loved and trusted her whole life, couldn't comprehend her identity crisis, let alone approve of what it entailed. She spent the next four years living independently: slept on the couches of various relatives, mooched off of old friends, cried a lot, and luckily managed to get some help from doctors and councillors. It was rough, yet she eventually raised enough money through odd-jobs to fund her stay at the university she now attends. Her body and voice have just recently begun to reflect herself more truly, and she's extremely insecure about her identity. Due to trust issues stemming from her parents' abandoning of her, she deeply dreads the revelation of her past to those around her. Alexis moved out here to escape what she once was, and (although it's not necessarily true) fears that coming out to friends would mean absolute rejection, something she'd rather die than have repeat. Years of self-repression and depression have left their scar, and when she dwells for too long, her meek and shy demeanour is beset by constant rage, an intense jealousy towards cis-gendered people rooted from self-loathing.

Personality: Of course, her secret doesn't define who she is. Alexis is essentially a quiet and gentle, if not outright reserved, individual. She's only managed to make two acquaintances at the university, and can be seen walking alongside them with meagre steps, her textbooks clutched tightly to her chest. In the same way, she often finds herself clinging to others in social situations, and rarely trusts herself to keep up a conversation alone for more than a minute. Alexis tends to be more comfortable hanging out with guys in a casual setting, despite being attracted to them. This can be attributed to the fact that she sometimes feels guilty, false, exposed or just generally insecure around cis girls, especially when they're attractive.

Much to her benefit, her timidity appears to have a positive effect on her etiquette, she often comes off as being very respectful. This can also backfire, however, as being too reserved can sometimes have her appear arrogant and conceited. When one refrains from displaying their passion, onlookers tend to fill in the blanks.

Other: Although it seems droopy and lax, she's actually quite persnickety about her hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry that the image is freaking huge... FIXED... wait no...

We have two people with Paranoid Schizophrenia... interesting. I wonder if they'll be able to guess each other's secrets. :eyebrow:
Oh that would be really fun! They could maybe find out and be best buds! But Rayne is kind of bitch sooo.... xD
Does anyone want to be her best friend? She's only really close with one person.

Oh that would be really fun! They could maybe find out and be best buds! But Rayne is kind of bitch sooo.... xD
Does anyone want to be her best friend? She's only really close with one person.
Rayne's definitely better than Arin at keeping her composure
4fyXwb0.jpg

It's because Rayne takes her medication more than she needs too haha.
Do you think Arin would find out that Rayne is a schizophrenic?

1c1fe01dd55f0e02bea1bbd7b58a0267.jpg

(Image source: Google)
Name: Alexis Callaghan
Nickname(s): None (prefers not to be called "Alex")
Sexuality: Heterosexual (Attracted to guys)
Secret: Alexis recently took up residence in a university relatively close to Mountain Brook, the details of the party were relayed to her through passing rumours, and saw it as an opportunity to make new friends. Those who ask why she's chosen to stay in a university dorm will typically be granted with a new excuse each time. She's been reticent to admit that she was kicked out of her birth home at the age of 15, the same year she had come out to her parents as transsexual (MtF). Her fundamentalist Irish-Catholic parents, who she had loved and trusted her whole life, couldn't comprehend her identity crisis, let alone approve of what it entailed. She spent the next four years living independently: slept on the couches of various relatives, mooched off of old friends, cried a lot, and luckily managed to get some help from doctors and councillors. It was rough, yet she eventually raised enough money through odd-jobs to fund her stay at the university she now attends. Her body and voice have just recently begun to reflect herself more truly, and she's extremely insecure about her identity. Due to trust issues stemming from her parents' abandoning of her, she deeply dreads the revelation of her past to those around her. Alexis moved out here to escape what she once was, and (although it's not necessarily true) fears that coming out to friends would mean absolute rejection, something she'd rather die than have repeat. Years of self-repression and depression have left their scar, and when she dwells for too long, her meek and shy demeanour is beset by constant rage, an intense jealousy towards cis-gendered people rooted from self-loathing.

Personality: Of course, her secret doesn't define who she is. Alexis is essentially a quiet and gentle, if not outright reserved, individual. She's only managed to make two acquaintances at the university, and can be seen walking alongside them with meagre steps, her textbooks clutched tightly to her chest. In the same way, she often finds herself clinging to others in social situations, and rarely trusts herself to keep up a conversation alone for more than a minute. Alexis tends to be more comfortable hanging out with guys in a casual setting, despite being attracted to them. This can be attributed to the fact that she sometimes feels guilty, false, exposed or just generally insecure around cis girls, especially when they're attractive.

Much to her benefit, her timidity appears to have a positive effect on her etiquette, she often comes off as being very respectful. This can also backfire, however, as being too reserved can sometimes have her appear arrogant and conceited. When one refrains from displaying their passion, onlookers tend to fill in the blanks.

Other: Although it seems droopy and lax, she's actually quite persnickety about her hair.
Looks good! Accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.