Fresh Poison (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R A P H A E L

The mention of the last party made Raf nod, that was true. Then again, Raf didn't really enjoy parties like other people did. He looked around at the crowd, spotting Jen and then Leon, the boy who probably still wouldn't remember who he was. Well, Raf wasn't exactly memorable. He sipped his beer before looking back at Spence as he spoke. "Yeah..." Raf smiled but narrowed his eyes at Spence. Did he mean him? Raf still didn't know what Spence was getting at, to him, it must just be Spencer being friendly, so he just continued. Raf sighed, "I guess you're right Spence." He didn't notice what he was saying could possibly been taken as flirty. Raf wasn't any good at any of that. His eyes wandered around the room again, noticing two guys getting it on in the corner. He recognized one as Finn. "Jeez, some people don't even mind..."

13359850.gif

[ J a m e s o n W. W a l s h ]
Jameson smiled at both girls, "Jen, Cynthia." He nodded towards both girls. The two looked fairly close to each other, but, he was a new-comer to this small town. He knew nothing about the people he was surrounded by. He looked around the room to see everybody else dancing, drinking, two males forcing themselves upon each other, certainly this town wasn't filled with conservative people. He looked over at the two girls and Leon exchanging a few more words. "Well, I'm going to get a drink. How about you stay here Jay and make friends." Leon looked infuriated, patting Jameson's back before leaving to get a drink. He looked back watching Leon walk into the crowd. He looked at the girls and put on a grin. He seated himself on a chair nearby the couch.

"So," He started. "How about you two tell me a little bit about this town." Jameson graced the girls with a sweet smile.​

tumblr_m6pc56JTFF1rncnvro1_500.gif

~ Elliot Fontaine ~

Elliot watched the events of the party unfold from the safety of the snack table. Well, relative safety. She was closely inspecting everything before putting it into her mouth, because let's be honest -- you never knew what was laced with what. Thankfully, she had found a bowl of pretzels that seemed to be regular old pretzels that she could snack on without accidentally getting high. In fact, Elliot wasn't even drinking. She had a red solo cup in her hand to keep up appearances, but she had filled it up with water from the tap in the bathroom sink. And she was now inconspicuously sipping it, hoping no one would peek inside. If they did, they'd inevitably call her prude and try to push her to drink, thinking she didn't know how to let go. And goodness, was it difficult to get drunk people to leave you alone when they tried to get you to drink.

If you couldn't tell, Elliot was anxious about just being at this party (though it didn't really show on her face), but she still felt an obligation to be there. She had come with a couple friends who had really wanted her to tag along, saying she needed to get out of the house more. And out of a sense of duty to her so-called friends, Elliot had obliged. Of course, the two girls had basically ditched her as soon as they got there to meet up with some boys, leaving Elliot alone to fend for herself. And she hated social interaction with people she didn't know... Hence her attachment to this pretzel bowl.

Still, she didn't want to abandon her friends. She checked in on them every once in a while to make sure they were safe, before returning to the snack table every time. Speaking of checking on people -- Elliot noticed Spencer across the room. She knew he was going to be here tonight, which this was another reason she had come. Elliot was suspicious that something fishy was going on with Spencer, but she couldn't figure out what, and no one else seemed to think anything was wrong. She thought about going up to Spencer and hanging out with him, so she wasn't the loner at the snack table, but then thought better of it. He seemed to be getting friendly with Raf, and Elliot didn't want to be third wheeling or anything.

So there she stood, leaning against a wall, drinking her solo cup filled with water and snacking on pretzels, content for now with observing the party-goers and finding amusement in the humorous antics of drunk people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arin Wolfe

The party was loud. The party was crowded. But Arin didn't mind. They could observe impartially from the peaceful couch. The room was bathed in warm light, looking like a fantastical forest. They drew what they saw, keeping the figures vague so no one would realize they were being drawn.
Despite the beautiful view, a tenseness crept into Arin's frame. This almost seemed too good. Like, their shitty brain lulling them into a false sense of security before hitting them with the big guns. They hadn't even been hearing any voices.
They decided that they would enjoy the peace while it lasted.
A girl sat next to them. They gave her a genuine calm smile.

taylor-swift-blank-space-cheekbones.gif

-Jenna Williams-

If Jenna had been sober, she might have picked up on the fact that Cynthia was lying about how close they were. But in her inebriated state, she didn't care, still beaming as Cynthia slung her arm around Jen's shoulder. She also didn't pick up on the vague hostility between Leo and Cynthia, simply grinning as the new guy, Jameson, sat down on a chair beside the couch the two girls were on. "It's not like there's a lot to know about the town. It's a fairly quiet, relatively boring town," she said, shrugging a little as she took a mouthful of her drink. "Not much happens around here," she said.

tumblr_m3o4po6MEb1qbzsll.gif

-Spencer Parrish-
In the field of reactions to flirting, Raf was the oblivious one. Then again, that had been a little subtle. Maybe he needed to be a little bit stronger to gauge the reaction. Spence glanced over at Finn, grinning a little. "Oh, I don't know. Each to their own, I suppose." Come to think of it, maybe that was what he needed to distract him. Maybe when he was a little more drunk. He took another mouthful of his beer. He held the eye contact for a few seconds before glancing away. As somebody came in, Spence moved out of the way and sat shoulder to shoulder to Raf. "May as well move, I won't be in the way as much then," he said. He looked the room, briefly making eye contact with Elliot and grinning at her, raising his eyebrows a little. Chances were, she knew what he was up to. Or if she didn't, she did now. He looked back at Raf, before scanning the room now.

"You know," he said, before taking another mouthful out of his beer, "I bet everybody here has a deep dark secret. Most people do. Makes you wonder what a lot of them are."

tumblr_m8zck2F2fM1qmahxv.gif

R A P H A E L

When Spencer commented on Finn, Raf just shrugged as he decided to finish off his beer. He opened the next one and quickly began drinking that one too. The drink would hopefully relax the guilt he was feeling. His eyes met Elliot's and he nodded back with a small smile. He felt a shoulder touch his, Raf looked over to Spencer who was now sitting next to him. Raf smiled uneasily and slid away just ever so slightly, so they weren't touching. It was something he had began doing ever since he realized he was gay, afraid that he'd seem so.

When Spencer mentioned deep dark secrets, Raf felt his face go red. The boy turned to Spencer, "Well you'll probably never find out. There are reasons why they're deep and dark." He said, rather flatly, but added a meek smile. Did Spencer have a secret? Raf narrowed his eyes as he studied the males face, he'd probably never know.

kim_petras_6.jpg

Alexis Callaghan
Alexis walked to a nearby couch, attempting to appear as nonchalant as possible. She felt out of place to say the least, and soon she was going to be introducing herself to a total stranger. The outcome of the ensuing conversation, she thought to herself, will either drive her to leave the party completely or help her find some much-needed peace.

On her way there, she looked over to two guys going at each other in the corner. Having grown up in a much more conservative environment, it was something she'd never witnessed before, and wasn't sure how to feel about it. Her stare proved she was certainly captivated, if anything, and began to consider the possibility that this town might be much more accepting than she could have hoped. Yet directly afterwards, the consideration was blotted out with surmounting fear, affirming that she wouldn't tell anyone. She couldn't, it would kill any chance of redeeming the long years spent in hiding, and experiencing the little that's left of her youth.

Lost in thought, She nearly tripped over the edge of the couch before sitting down next to her quarry, who had just been smiling at her calmly.

"Hi...", she began awkwardly, "I'm Alexis". Only those keen at noticing subtleties would catch how she hesitated ever-so-briefly after "I'm", as if she wasn't sure of herself. Quite oblivious to modern teenage social behaviour, Alexis extended her arm a scant few inches towards the figure, gesturing for a handshake. She couldn't determine their gender, but she didn't allow this to concern her.​

tumblr_inline_nprl5hjbaV1tqjtq7_500.gif

~ Elliot Fontaine ~

Drat... Elliot sighed as she glanced down into her cup. It was empty again, and the pretzels were starting to make her thirsty... which meant she had to make a subtle trip to the bathroom again to fill up her cup with water. (Not that it would be difficult to duck into the bathroom without being noticed at this point. Most people were already pretty inebriated.) Elliot just hoped she didn't run into an incident like she did at the last party, where she accidentally walked in on some unabashed couple that had taken over the bathroom for their own raucous recreational use. That was something she didn't need to see again.

She kept her head down as she walked, but her stride had purpose. If she looked like she was headed somewhere important, no one would try to bother her, right? However, keeping her head down proved to be a bad plan because, as she turned a corner, she bumped right into someone. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry--" Elliot lifted her gaze immediately and apologetically, but she froze when she saw who it was. "L-Leon! Hi...!" Oh, of all the people to have inconvenienced...

@s k u l l.

tumblr_mnrv7jTxaW1raly3oo1_500.gif

[ L e o n M. P e a r s o n ]
Shortly leaving the three, he found himself wandering around the party. People began to stop him, asking him to dance, mostly girls in hopes to find that flamboyant male to entertain them. Of course, Leon ignored them with just a smile and an eye roll. He walked casually aimlessly till he found a bucket of ice with drinks. Leon grabbed two beers by the neck -- both cold and ready to be open. Leon was not sure how to open his drink, luckily, his cousin was knowledgeable on the art of opening bottles. He looked around to see people he recognized smiling and waving at him, he did the same. With that, he decided to walk towards them but was abruptly cut off by a random person. Somebody bumped into him. Before he could scold them cruelly he noticed they were very familiar. When she lifted her head up he let out an "Ah..."

To his surprise, she was quick to apologize to him. He was pleased to see most people understanding the fear he strikes people. "No, no, its fine Ellie." He waved it off dismissively. He looked around, expecting Spencer and the other boy to be behind her. "Oh? Not with your friends?" He asked looking around to spot the two on another couch. "Oh." He raised his brow. "Well, best to leave those two alone. Anyway, what are you doing here alone? I assume you had other friends." He inquired.

Leon put his arm around Elliott. "If you aren't with anyone why don't you keep me company while I try to tolerate Cynthia?" Without her consent, he led her back to the other couch where Jameson buttered up the girls. Once reaching his cousin Leon handed him the drink. "Here. I was kind enough to get you something." He spoke in a way where he was expecting something. Without any thanks, he watched Jameson open the bottle with the edge of the coffee table. Leon handed Jameson his to open and he did. "Right, this is Ellie or Elliott." He introduced. "Ellie, this is Jameson. My cousin, he just got into town so he doesn't know much." He spoke in a condescending tone.

"Thanks, Leo," Jameson said sarcastically. "Elliott." Jameson held his hand out for a handshake. Leon looked over at Elliott waiting for her response -- he had his arms crossed becoming impatient, as always.​

-Spencer Parrish-

Spencer noticed the subtle slide away, but decided not to say anything about it. That would just make things awkward, and that wasn't what he was aiming for. He did, however, grin as Raf turned bright red at the mention of secrets. That boy had something to hide, then. Spence stayed grinning as Raf asked him if he had any secrets, taking a mouthful out of his beer. "I have a few, yeah." Besides his disorders, there was the whole lying about it and everything that came with it. And of course, there was the smaller secrets that everyone had but weren't major or life-destroying, just none of anybody else's business. He looked over at Raf, still grinning. "What about you? I bet you've got just as many as I have," he said.

latest

~ Elliot Fontaine ~

When Leon asked where her friends were, Elliot shrugged. "I did come with people, but they're a bit... preoccupied, at the moment." In fact, at this point, neither of Elliot's previous friends were in view anymore, and it had been a while since she'd seen them. Where did they disappear to? "Actually, speaking of which, I should probably go check on--"

But before she could even get the words out, Leon threw his arm around her and began pulling her along, inviting her to keep him company while he put up with Cynthia. "O-Oh, well, I-- Alright then..."

When they arrived back at the group, Elliot surveyed the situation. With both Cynthia and Leon here, there was an awful lot of big personality in one place; but Jen was friendly and sweet enough that she would probably balance things out. And then there was this other guy... Elliot had to stop herself from staring. Something about him was incredibly familiar, and yet -- with the lights so low and the music so loud -- she just couldn't place him.

It was at this point that Leon introduced this other guy as his cousin, Jameson. Elliot reached out and accepted the greeting, returning his firm handshake. "Nice to meet you, Jameso-- Wait, Jameson??" And at that moment, it suddenly clicked. "Jameson! Is it really you? Goodness, I barely even recognized you!" It had been a very long time and his appearance had certainly changed quite a bit, but yes, Elliot actually knew Jameson. It wasn't like they were best friends or anything, but back in the day, the two had played a couple of concerts and competitions together. She would never have guessed he and Leon were related. But of course, that was all so long ago, and Jameson was such a prodigy, that Elliot wondered if he even remembered her.

325afasdf.jpg
Candace retired from dancing to lean against the wall and look for something new to do. Dancing was great and all, but people were getting sloppy and guys were getting handsy and she didn't feel like screwing this party by grinding her boots on some idiots face. Plus, dancing burned calories, and she was already hot, so why did she need it?

Surveying the room, Candace's eyes landed on Cynthia, and annoyance pricked in the back of her mind. They were friends. Well, sort of. But the point was that friends didn't give the time of day to peppy little bitches like Jen. Pushing off the wall, Candace stalked towards Cynthia and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Hey Cynthia, hey boys." She said, with a smile, making a point to not even glance at Jen.

Arin Wolfe

Arin felt weird when they shook Alexis' hand. The feeling of human interaction had become foreign to them over the past few years. If it weren't for their unusually calm state, they would have been shaking like a leaf and sweating like a horse on a hot day. If Arin had known that this is what parties are like, well, maybe they would have actually made some friends by now.

"I'm Arin."

kim_petras_6.jpg

Alexis Callaghan
Alexis was relieved that she managed to get this far at all, but quickly found herself at a loss for words. "Oh... cool name", she commented idly. Being here on the couch, and noticeably avoiding conversing with others, she felt that Arin must be a lot like herself.

Despite the two being mutually comfortable with loneliness, however, Alexis was admittedly somewhat desperate to avoid appearing foreign, and wasn't willing to settle with being mere strangers. She brought up the first thing that came to mind, "Is that a... sketchbook?". Her voice was soft and unobtrusive, barely discernible above the blaring music.​

Arin Wolfe

Arin glanced down at their drawing, but looked back up when Alexis asked about their sketchbook.

"Yeah."

They turned back to the paper and looked at the drawing. They were happy with it so far. It showed a forest of trees with their trunks in the shape of dancing bodies. They thought the shapes could have been better, but it was just a sketch at this point.

((OOC: sorry i keep taking so long to respond; i've been having trouble writing lately :T ))

kim_petras_6.jpg

Alexis Callaghan
Alexis raised her eyebrows slightly, amazed that Arin was even capable of drawing given their surroundings. Her awe shifted to unease, however, as she looked down to the eerie sketch Arin appeared to have been evaluating.

"Is tha-... what are...?", she stammered in confusion. After gawking silently for a few moments, Alexis began to sense something ominous yet beautiful about the sketch. Slightly shocked, "...Neat", was the only response she was capable of forming. Arin certainly was creative, she'd give her that.

Looking up from the sketchbook, Alexis unintentionally locked eyes with an inebriated stranger across the room, who preceded to put on a sultry expression. This caused her to blush slightly, and turn away. To avoid showing interest, she abruptly asked Arin a question, "Oh, Um... Do you know anyone here, Arin?". Her voice had become more pronounced due to the sudden jolt of anxiety.

((OOC: Hey, no worries :D. I really like the way you've played Arin so far, especially with the internal arguments and stuff, very convincing!))​

tumblr_m8u4zrK1xw1qmahxv.gif

R A P H A E L

When Spence began talking about his own secrets, Raf chugged his beer quickly, hoping Spence wasn't gonna pry. Then he did, Raf shrugged quickly, "Who doesn't?" He said back quickly, unsure what Spencer wanted to know. "Anyway, they're not for you to find out..." He had a small image of his teacher in his brain, face red from guilt. That secret was certainly a dangerous one to keep. Raf placed down his empty bottle and went to rest his hand. As his arm flopped down, his hand landed on the thigh of Spencer. As tipsy as he was, he didn't even recognize that it wasn't his own thigh. For a moment, he looked down confused, before looking over to his hand. "Oh shit. Sorry." Raf quickly pulled away his hand, going a deep red. He tried to shuffle away a little more. Raf really didn't want to offend Spence, but he didn't want to look gay even more.

-Spencer Parrish-

Spence was tempted to raise his eyebrows at the abruptness of Raf's reply, but decided not to. In reality, he knew that if he'd been asked about any secrets, he'd probably have a similar reaction. Or, at least he could while sober. He'd probably pull it off a little better while drunk. He felt a hand on his thigh and looked up at Raf, momentarily shocked. He wasn't able to react, and apparently, his lack of a reaction caused Raf to pull it away. "No, no, it's fine." Did Raf like him? Was that Raf's secret? Or had it been an accident? Spence's drunk mind made the rest of the decision for him. "It's more than fine." Before he was really aware of what he was doing, he leaned in to kiss Raf.

Arin Wolfe

Arin was a little worried by Alexis' reaction to the drawing. The last thing they wanted to do was scare off any potential friends. However, she seemed to get over her shock.

"Thanks."

Arin didn't notice the impetus for the action, but Alexis blushed, appearing more nervous.

"No, I haven't lived here that long. Figured I could meet people here."

kim_petras_6.jpg

Alexis Callaghan
"I guess that makes two of us...", Alexis responded with relief. She was grateful that she wasn't the only newcomer here, and as a result, her nerves had begun to calm. Leaning back into the couch cushion, Alexis was evidently more relaxed, and analysed Arin for a few moments, innocently attempting to determine their mysterious gender identity.

The idea of getting a cold beer crossed her mind, but reminded herself not to drink, lest she made herself vulnerable.​

Status
Not open for further replies.