2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Science Fiction, Horror, Post-Apoc, Psychological

History of Sirus
1374794659882.png

Freelancer Alpha-Fourteen-Dash-Ten, this is Shikoku Station. You are cleared to dock.

In the year 800 AS (Arrival in Sirus), in the central cluster of stars in the far off Sirus sector, the infiltration of the Nomad aliens into Human society nearly brought forth all-out war between the four Houses of Sirus: Liberty, Rheinland, Kusari, and Bretonia.

In the year 800 AS, in the central cluster of stars in the far off Sirus sector, the infiltration of the Nomad aliens into Human society was thwarted by then-fugitives Edison Trent and Jun'ko Zane. With the help of xenoachaeologist Roland Quintaine, they were able to locate - and assault - the alien's supposed homeworld in the Omicron Major system. It was here, that the fugitives assaulted the alien power supply - a massive Dyson Sphere, built by the Nomad's Masters.

The year is now 825 AS.

The actions of Edison Trent and Jun'ko Zane have been forgotten by the majority of the galaxy as fleeting criminals and subsequent saviours of mankind. Only those who fought against - and with - the two remember the tales for how they were. Sirus has returned to a state of normalcy: minor disputes between the Houses, Liberty Rogues and Bretonian Molly's assaulting trade-lanes within their respective domains, and the ever-watchful eye of the Order on the Nomad Hypergates - waiting for their return.

The Premise
Twenty-five years after the repulsion of the Nomad forces from the Sirus sector, things are starting to heat up once more. Liberty and Rheinland have begun skirmishes between the Hudson and Galileo systems, after Liberty's desire to expand her territory. Tensions between Kusari and Bretonia are warming up, in kind; but for a different reason: mining rights on sources of Niobium in recently discovered regions of space bordering either state.

Corporate espionage, inciting pirate attacks, and the occasional show of force with military might prove that escalation is only a matter of time.

But, where are you in all of this?

You're a Corsair.

The Corsairs
"Cardamine, Cardamine. Everyone wants Cardamine."

The only home you have ever known is the planet of Crete, nestled away within the Walker Nebula of the Omicron Gamma system. In fact, it is often the only home that most of the Corsairs know. Crete has damn near everything you could want, provided you have the credits; from Cardamine and synthetic marijuana to contraband alcohol from Kusari space, from handsome men to gorgeous women, from contracted hitmen to professional bounty hunters, Crete has it all.

And that's where you come in. You are all part of a misfit band of lane-hitters - ace pilots who disrupt the trade lanes to hijack the cargo of passing vessels. Rumors of increased mining efforts by the Rheinland in the Omega-7 system has prompted your outfit to move your operations closer to this ample target. Operating out of the Omega-5 system from Cadiz Base, you strike without warning or mercy against IMG and Daumann haulers carrying valuable Copper and Cobalt.

The Requirements
I am going to try to keep this minimal, because otherwise it would be no fun. Ideally, having played Freelancer enough to know some of the story woud be preffered. However, I know that will be a stretch. So, all I ask is for some initiative to learn a little about the Freelancer universe.

I will also be requiring a minimum one-paragraph post length and I would prefer at least one post a week. I will be posting at least one GM post a week to summarize what happened during that 'turn,' but if everyone posts quicker then these posts can come out just as quickly. I will also post reactions to posts that require my direct reaction. Please @ me in those posts.

The Gamemaster
I work nights at my job, so I will strive to make - at the least - one GM post a day, highlighting the events as they unfold. In periods of 'down time,' as in non-combat or general travel/station time/planetside time, you'll be free to post as often as you want and interact with whatever you deem fit. During combats of combat where I am needed to moderate and have the world react, I request that persons only make a single post that contains an ACTION, as in targetting and attacking or evading an attack. 'Coms Chatter' can happen as frequently as you would like during these situations.

I will not be playing a character, so to speak, but the entity of the universe and - more personally - the freighter that flies sorties with the group to collect the hijacked cargo.

Player Resources
Throughout the course of this story, the players will acrue credits and other trade goods during their travels and fights. After combat encounters, I will provide a loot list that can be divided up amongst the rest of the party. Or, as an alternate option, it can all be sold off. The ratios for all this is determined by group concensus, the divying up of gold as pirates would so to speak. Keeping resources, such as Cobalt or Niobium, and finding a friendly base to offload it at might net you more credits, but at the risk of being targetted by other pirate factions.

Players will need to keep track of their personal wealth and resources on their character sheets, updated whenever the loot tables come out. I will be keeping my own tracker of your wealth, but if you do not update your information, your wealth is considered lost from that encounter and it must be done before the next combat scenario.

As a band of misfit Corsairs, all players will start with an M3-Legionnaire Light Fighter - the staple vessel for the Corsair Irregulars. Your ships are equipped with the standard package. Please reference THIS page for the standard package. I will be providing a chart with all the 'damage' values of weapons at a later time. You will also have the clothes on your back, a basic pistol, and 500 credits to start your journey. Please make note of these items in your character sheet.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me directly or refer to the Freelancer Wiki.

There is also the option of joining the OPTIONAL Discord server, for all of your communicative and question needs here.

##NOTE: This is a Freelancer Fandom Roleplay.

• Name:
    Ship ID:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Other:
Code:
[tabs][tab=Bio Info]
[SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#ffff00]Name[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Ship ID[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Age[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Gender[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Appearance[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Personality[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]History[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Strengths[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Weaknesses[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Other[/COLOR][/B]:
[/tab][tab=Personal Items]
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Personal Equipment[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Wealth and Resources[/COLOR][/B]:
[/tab][tab=Ship Info]
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Ship Model[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Ship Equipment[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Ship Description[/COLOR][/B]:
[/tab][/tabs]

Last edited:
Still looking for pilots!

"Just hold on, 0965. Keep holding, okay - and that'll do it. See, wasn't so bad, huh? Y'did great out there, for a newbie!"

• Name: Bessie T. Caldermann, at your service!
    Appearance: Probably the last person you'd expect to be a glorified pirate - though she much prefers the term professional private contractor - Bessie is about 5'9, and shows all the traits of somebody who enjoys her downtime as much as the next fella. Her slightly doughy figure, messy brown ponytail, and near-permanent sheepish grin are what make people discount her; her near-spotless flightsuit is the first clue they might be mistaken.

She prefers practical clothes, so even off-run you'll usually find her in coveralls or work clothes of some kind. Tending to forget the time is a bit of a struggle for her, but she likes fancy stuff too, y'know, time just flies by, and... Her concession to fashion is usually an asymmetric earring of some kind, often gaudy and purchased from a guy she knows in Crete, real charmer -

Her complexion is pale, exacerbated from her rare trips planetside. It's obvious that Bessie feels uncomfortable out of an enclosed space or on the deck, and when not in open space or on metal, she's prone to a score of slight, nervous, and slightly odious habits - such as chewing loudly, snapping at her ponytail's band, and nervously laughing.
    Personality: At once boisterous and encouraging, Bessie never really planned to become a corsair, but the credits were great and she was running out of challenges, maybe'd made a few enemies... Nothing too bad, nothing too bad. She fit in almost instantly, though - working with her cadre the same way she'd kept spacewalkers and station techs calm during crises.

More at ease with machinery than with people, Bessie is still basically an introvert - just one who thinks that ships are people too (y'know). She tries to be 'motherly' to her wingmen, though her own view of that is a little skewed. She doesn't like getting too close to people, believing herself to be more than a little cursed; and is extremely uncomfortable with any relationship, friendship or romance, that gets her too close to people. She knows she'll eventually be drawn into them again, but for now -

If she can be the cool and inspiring model for her wingmen to look up to, well, that'd suit her just fine, after all!
    History:The penultimate spacer's spacer, Bessie's family moved from Liberty's Plateau Station, to Pt. Pinnacle, to - well, they moved. A lot. Both her parents were proud Liberty traders, which kind of insulated her from a lot of the more objectionable elements of society, as did their relative distance from said society in the first place.

Since she was always at the fringes, Bessie grew up rather lonely, and constantly talked to herself, until the wider 'world' opened up to her, and she learned to identify most every regular callsign drifting by. With not much to do on long journeys besides tinker, her first companions were machines that could only return her affections 'cause she told them to. All of a sudden, she had more friends then she knew what to do with...

And when it came time to decide a career, she worked for the good bulk of her life as a contractor to various mining firms, and a few shady Belter families (don't ask her what she thinks about Belters. It ain't pretty.); spending long days and nights watching the automated systems do their work, re-runs of old media, and subsisting on some real good food - by her count, at least.

Life alone under the constant blue light of corridors was nice, and the credits were decent, but the first hiccup came when an inner-station fire broke out on her watch. Due to her constant calm under pressure, all loss of life and significant loss of wealth was prevented. Second, people noticed that she was almost as good a pilot as she was a drone wrangler, and said Belter families started to get a little suspicious that, maybe, the nice-and-friendly lady working their mining modules had her own goals in mind...

The destruction of her equipment and substation set Bessie back most everything she owned. She took the loss stoically, considered her options, and decided that the life of a corsair'd give her the freedom to do as she pleased and make the most returns on her losses, most quickly.

She hasn't looked back, since.
    Strengths: Insanely calm under pressure, and visibly fearless. She's still afraid, but is good at convincing wingmen that the sky isn't falling, that their engines aren't burning chrome, and that things'll be okay.

Exceptionally good at mining, trading, and extraction tech. She really loved her folks, learned a lot from 'em, and can eyeball the value of salvage from trader vessels even if it's shot all to hell. Her field of expertise is in automated tech, though; she's got a silver touch with drones and the like.
    Pretty decent with actual 'bots and re-purposed mining weaponry (shaped charges, cutting lasers), too. Also great at space-walking, but of course!

Keeps subsystems humming and optimised, and is better prepared to defend against system failure; can turn well enough, and harmonises well with a wing.

A decent shot on land, and good at winning people over in a superficial but enthusiastic manner. Lethal in drinking contests, not that she really likes alcohol, but, y'know, its' a good talent to have...
    Weaknesses: Absolutely bowlegged on the ground. Suffers from mild muscle degeneration due to prolonged periods of time spent in space. She gets winded easily, and keeps trying to get in 'synch' with muscle memory from being in the cockpit. Don't rely on her for ground-based missions.

Terrified of her 'bad luck.' Specifically believes that anyone who gets close to her in any manner will die. She's very open about it and makes a lot of jokes about it - but... She really, really doesn't like to think about the matter. She didn't develop the tolerance she has out of nowhere, y'know...

Loses her charisma the longer she's away from space/artificial environs. She's never quite a nervous wreck, but once a spacer, always a spacer. Similarly, doesn't like Belters. Figures that anyone who choose to live in some small podunk Belter colony probably has some weird household cult thing going on, regardless of origins - don't ask her about Belters.

Her morals are flexible, and her sense of morality is - skewed. This is exploitable by people who take the time to get to know her, and who end up realising that she'll often put tech and rewards that she finds interesting above certain ethical concerns she pretends to have. And she doesn't like being reminded of that fact, not at all.

Lives off of a diet of doughnut-likes, imitation pizza, and refreshing cool drink. This is noted in her appearance section, but it really isn't healthy. It might not hurt for another corsair to say a word.
    Other: Keeps the wreckage of her first 'lil' bud' - in other words, a completely dead targetting AI she repurposed to respond to simple actions like returning into a room with greetings, and leaving with farewells. She's kind of sentimental.

Always willing to step up when the wing needs advice, but likes being the person other people come to, rather than flightleader. She's got a lot of experience under her belt, no need for showboating.

Cardamine? Doesn't touch the stuff. Don't even offer it. Don't offer her anything, all right?

@lepidoptera Bessie is good to go! I just thought of it, but if you could add your ID number as well, that would allow me to make endless Fort Bush docking jokes.

• Love
Reactions: lepidoptera
If you mean her in-wing ID number, I'm thinking CR-1281, with CR being replaced by whatever undoubtedly awesome squadron name we think up. (I'm not creative enough to think of it all on my own, hah!) If you're talking about my in-game number, uuuUhn, I might need a small assist with that at some time. Lemme fiddle around with it while trying to perform a guided dock, and I'll get back to you.

(After turning it off/on again, and uninstalling/reinstalling.)

Edited, it's gotta be c84bt!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be going out of country tomorrow for a few days. I will not be able to post updates until the 10th. However, I am still looking for more players!

Still looking for players!

Looking for pilots!