4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
High fantasy, modern fantasy, gaslamp fantasy, Anything Fantasy, dark comedy, supernatural, paranormal, psychological, essentially everything except slice-of-life and historical.
I am stuck without access to my computer for a while and therefore I am bored stiff. I figure I should take this opportunity to do something that isn't idly staring at a computer screen or playing video games, and thus I have decided to draw some stuff. These won't be masterpieces (of course not, they're just pencil sketches), but I'd like to doodle some stuff. If you're interested in more detailed work, I do take paid commissions! ;D

ART SAMPLES AHOY

I will draw anything, but I am most comfortable with female (or feminine) characters. Since these are free, please try not to request characters with very complicated designs (EX: complex tattoos, hair, or outfits). Once I get home, I will scan them and clean them up digitally before giving them to you.

While I would prefer to draw from visual references, I understand that this is a writing group, and not everyone is likely to have images of their characters to give out. If you don't have a visual reference, all I ask is that you be as detailed as possible in describing your character to me, and that you give me a bit of artistic freedom!

Please fill out this form:

Character Name: --
Basic Information: Age, gender, race (if mythical)/ethnicity (if not)
Basic Personality: Helps with personification! Are they moody, bubbly, shy?
Appearance: If you want something very specific, be as detailed as you can here. Links to images for specific things (clothing or whatever) would also be helpful.
Other: If you want them drawn with any object or something, or anything else not related to the above that you think is important to capture their character.

That's all. Please post your request here - do not PM it to me. If it's a request you'd rather not post publicly, then just reply to this thread stating as such, and then we can start up a PM. Thank you!

Last edited:
Do you have any specific form you'd like filled out if we don't have a visual reference, or...? :o

Do you have any specific form you'd like filled out if we don't have a visual reference, or...? :o
Whups, that would help, wouldn't it? I'll edit this into my original post as well, but here you go!:

Character Name: --
Basic Information: Age, gender, race (if mythical)/ethnicity (if not)
Basic Personality: Helps with personification! Are they moody, bubbly, shy?
Appearance: If you want something very specific, be as detailed as you can here. Links to images for specific things (clothing or whatever) would also be helpful.
Other: If you want them drawn with any object or something, or anything else not related to the above that you think is important to capture their character.

Cool! How's this:

Character Name: Sarah Gallo
Basic Information: 18, female, Caucasian

Basic Personality: Sarah's personality often reflects the lightning magic she controls. She is abrasive and stern, always cutting right to the chase without concern for the feelings of the person she's talking to. She usually does mean well; she just doesn't know how to go easy on someone. As a result most people consider her a total bitch within twenty minutes of talking to her. She likes to think of herself as extremely savvy and perceptive, and for the most part, she is (though not to the same extent as she thinks), unless her temper clouds her judgment. The quickest way to make her angry is to target her hyper-feminist attitude and underestimate her or any other women.

Appearance: As the only girl in the hero group she fights with, Sarah goes out of her way to garner a tough image. Her blonde hair is styled in a messy chin-length bob; she cuts it herself so the locks are far from even. ((solid reference for the style though she's a natural blonde)) "Small dog syndrome" hits her hard thanks to her short, skinny build and narrow facial features, and you'll often see her with a smirk or a scowl on her face. If needed, she can be identified by the Lichtenberg figure scars on her chest and back (magical mishaps early in the learning process), and the smaller slash marks on her arms and palms (scars left by some of the deeper blade wounds she's gotten).

Other: The outfit I usually put her in is a yellow tee layered over a white long-sleeve shirt and some distressed jeans, but you can take some liberties with that if you want. :o

Random other notes from the bio I have written:
Likes: Rainy weather, metal music with female singers, sarcasm
Dislikes: Bad jokes, gender bias, pranks, being out of the loop, guns
Hobbies and interests: Collecting antique knives, writing fiction, treasure hunting, human psychology
Style of dress: Layers, lots of pockets
Text color: #D3D300
Theme song: Becca - I'm Alive! (a solid look at how she sees herself, but not how other people necessarily see her)

You're fantastic!

A couple questions, if you don't mind.
Would it be all right if I post two requests and you pick the one you like more?
Would you be fine with me outlining and colouring the sketch?

You're fantastic!

A couple questions, if you don't mind.
Would it be all right if I post two requests and you pick the one you like more?
Would you be fine with me outlining and colouring the sketch?
Yes to both! All I ask is that you would credit me for the sketch if/when you use the image anywhere.

• Love
Reactions: Dusk
Did you see mine, or? owo'

I am very interested.
I have one question,
My characters are not complicated (I dont think)
But if i send a couple pose reference, Are you open to doing that?

@Moogle-Girl
I'm sorry, I definitely did see it! ; ; I wasn't ignoring you, I promise. I'm just spacey and forget to reply at times. I'll give ya a ping once I've finished your sketch for you (I drew a few, but I didn't like them so much)!

@Shadowsiren
By couple pose reference, do mean more than one reference, or a reference of two people? Because more than one reference is totally cool, but I don't think I'm up to drawing couples at the moment!

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Oh okay, just making sure haha. Take your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.