DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy

ouat.png

...there was a beautiful queen who wanted nothing more than to be the fairest in all the land. But her stepdaughter, the impudent wretch, plotted to oust her from her throne with the help of a valiant and charming prince. The queen found herself cast out of her home, her loyal subjects lost, with the little brat taking her place and winning over the whole kingdom.

The couple was wed. A baby was born. A year of peace passed.

But revenge would be hers.

On the night of the princess's first birthday, the queen called upon the help of a dark being to weave a terrible and powerful curse upon the land.

There would be no happily ever after, for anyone... ever again.​

24-years.png

Oldcastle_sign.png

Welcome to FRACTURED: Suburban Legends. This RP, if you couldn't tell, is heavily inspired by the popular show Once Upon a Time. The key difference here is that it will not be stupid hot garbage. Prior knowledge of the Once Upon a Time show is not required, as this is going to at best be a deconstruction of the show as it exists. The main elements that remain are:
  • Modern day people who are actually living fairy tales, with no memory of their former lives. There is still some Disney influence (for example, going by canon Disney ages of princesses; Snow White was 14, y'all), but it is far less prevalent than in the show.
  • The evil queen from Snow White wove a curse, which is what transported all these fairy tale characters to our world. Snow White and her prince had a baby daughter who was lost to them during the events surrounding the curse. She was sent to this world through other means, and was raised in the foster system.
  • Yes, Rumpelstiltskin is involved, you bastards.

If you are lucky enough to be invited here, you will have the opportunity to create a character for the town of Oldcastle, ME. This story begins 24 years after the curse has been cast, and there is no timey-wimey nonsense involved; all of the fairy tale characters who were part of the original curse have aged 24 years. This can be circumvented in certain cases if you are playing someone who has a good excuse for coming through another way at another time, or by playing a kid (age 24 or less) instead of the original fairy tale character.

fractured.png

JOIN THE DISCORD SERVER
We have plotting and butts.
(No really, it's required because I'm doing plotting in private channels.)​

Before you start creating your character, though, there are some things you should know. Your character may be from any fairy tale, not just Disney movies, but here's a list of solid NOPE:

Pocahontas
Hercules
Mulan
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Brother Bear
Tarzan
Jungle Book
Atlantis
101 Dalmations
Brave
Emperor's New Groove
Pinocchio
Treasure Planet
Lilo & Stitch
Robin Hood
Any of the animal ones
Other shit I haven't thought of

You can play Rapunzel and Snow Queen but not Tangled or Frozen.

The reasons for these things being discounted is that either they focus on non-human characters as protagonists, are more folktales/legends than fairy tales (Mulan, Robin Hood), or exist in made-up fantasy settings (Frozen). Some have also been excluded due to not gelling with a key vibe of the setting (Emperor's New Groove), or because they're not based on actual established fairy tales (Brave). I have to make these all mash together well and I'm not doing it with shit that don't belong.

You will be currently restricted to one character apiece, though that will change later on. However, you may NPC as many characters as needed to make your backstory work! Two caveats: You can't play your own villains, and you should check all your NPCs by me first especially if they're not even from your character's original story.

Moving on to the questions:

Can I join your RP?

This is invite only, sorry. You can ask but I'm prolly going to say no.

I've been invited! But I don't know if I can keep up. What are the posting expectations?

DOUCHE.

...Nah, not really, but I am gonna expect you guys to be solidly Intermediate-Prestige level on a regular basis. This is all for fun but I know you can do quality writing or you wouldn't be here. If you're dipping below Intermediate I'm gonna stare at you with hella disappoint dad eyes.

I also expect at least a post a month okay? Can you manage that? Good.

Can I play the Emma (Snow White's daughter)?

Sorry, that role is already taken by @Diana. I roped her into this and now she has to play.

There are a lot of [x gender] characters. I want romance, so I'm going to play a--

Let me stop you right there. Because I'm absolutely insane, I'm going to play multiple characters, and that means uneven genders and a desire for romance are not mutually exclusive. This is because I know that deep down everyone wants to be a Disney princess and I have planned accordingly.

Who are you for sure going to play?

For sure, I am playing the Evil Queen from Snow White, Rumpelstiltskin, Prince Florian (that's Snow White's boo, if you didn't know), Prince Eric (from The Little Mermaid), and Emma Freddie's daughter. Others will be added as I plot with you each individually.

I want to play Captain Hook!

No.

You're a buttface.

Yep.

Will there be THE SEX in this RP?

Dude I didn't post it in the Redstar section, no there will not. THAT SAID, this is a fairy tale RP and we all know fairy tales are unsuitable for the children of today (or rather for their parents). There will be mature themes. Please contain your giggling.

Now we're done with the formalities, please fill out the following sheet and post it here.

Name: (What the fuck should we be calling you?)
Former Name: (If they are a fairy tale, what was their name in Fairyland? If they're a kid, just skip this.)
Origin: (What fairy tale are they from? Or are they an original kid?)
Age: (If they are a kid of a fairy tale character, they must be less than 24. If they are a fairy tale character, they generally should be 24 years older than they were when the curse happened. See the Disney Wiki for "official" ages.)
Appearance: (Give me a B R I E F description and/or a picture. Real person or realistic art, pls.)
Brief Bio: (I mean BRIEF, goddammit. We know the gist of their story, so mainly just cover highlights of their life in Oldcastle. You can discuss details with me on the Discord server.)
NPCs: (List all NPCs you intend to play for this character.)

Uuuunnng why you make me do diiiis. T___T HERE, OKAY.

Name: Freddie Wilde AKA Winifred Park
Origin: The Lost Daughter of Snow White and Prince Florian
Appearance: Hair the color of ebony, skin as white as snow, lips as red as a drop of blood (creepy much, grandma GOD), eyes of warm chocolate.
Brief Bio: Winifred was lost/sent away during the curse. She spent her time in foster care and occasionally getting in to legal trouble. These days she's a roving thief and doesn't want to admit she has a desire to find out where she came from and why she was abandoned in a National Forest.

Name: Jack Spriggins
Former Name: Jack Spriggins
Origin: Jack and the Beanstalk
Appearance: 6 ft 3, bright orange hair with bright orange beard. Beard trimmed, hair combed back and medium-length. Eyes are deep green. He often wears clean suits, and his casual outfits are typically straight skinny jeans and dress shirts with cardigans.
Brief Bio: After high school, Jack left to study at Boston University in the Business Administration undergrad program. There he met a woman that would change his life forever, for better and for worse. He came back to live in Oldcastle right after graduation, and currently manages a handful of online companies.
NPCs: Jack's mother, Mrs. Spriggins (52), Jack's ex-girlfriend Gianna (45).
FC: Gwilym Pugh
Hexcode: #082

Reactions: Astaroth
Name: Ariel Tritonsdaughter
Origin: The Little Mermaid
Brief Bio: Despite what popular conviction may portray, Ariel never got her happily ever after to begin with. She had just been about to get her true love's kiss so she could stay a human forever, when her dumb father captured and defeated Ursula, forcing her to be a mermaid in the sea, again. Then, the Evil Queen cast her curse and her beloved Prince Eric disappeared. She has spent 24 years searching the seas of the world for him. Finally, finding no other recourse, Ariel turned to the only person she knew could help: Ursula. In exchange for breaking her out of prison, Ursula agreed to give her legs again, but finding her beloved and taking her across the realms to get there would require a lot more than that. In exchange this time for her right eye. She has found her way to Oldcastle, where she's determined to find her charming prince and capture her happily ever after once and for all.
NPCs: King Triton, a lot of obnoxious older sisters whose name starts with A.

[spoili]
354f9c2ec29e54375befeae8ebfedc3b--haircolor-google-search.jpg
[/spoili]

Name: Ailsa Carterhaugh
Origin: Tam Lin Child
Appearance:
fc4f005b1bb79013fc1558996979460d--russian-beauty-beautiful-people.jpg

Brief Bio:
As her mother was already pregnant when the curse was woven, her daughter was born shortly after her arrival in Oldcastle. Still under the thrall of another's magic, Tam Lin was nowhere to be found when Janet Carterhaugh awoke.

A proud woman with immense conviction, Janet was determined that she would locate the father of her child again, though her memories of him were indistinct at best. In the meantime, she gave birth to her daughter more or less alone in the world and has worked tirelessly in raising her on her own. Little Ailsa grew up with a devoted mother and fanciful stories about how her father couldn't be around because he's actually an elf.

As she grew older, Ailsa realised that her mother had been sparing her the heartbreak of an absentee father and that elves weren't real. She plays along with her mother still, even into her twenties, as her mother tells her that her father would have loved her very much but was unable to visit her because he was an elf trapped in an enchanted forest.

With a mother as fiercely independent as Janet Carterhaugh, there was no doubt in anyone's mind that Ailsa would grow into her spitting image. Ailsa is known for her fiery temper and reckless courage. She can be intractable when it comes to defending what she believes but beneath the unyielding exterior is a little girl who still desperately clings to the fairytales her mother told her.

NPCs:
Janet Carterhaugh
Tam Lin

Status
Not open for further replies.