Forum Simplification?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mercenary Lord

Is there a way to simplify Iwaku? I'll try to explain with some pictures.

6d83a0a5111663aeeedbef879e7c616d.png

This is the top of the forum as I see it (sorry for the width). I really only need the "Home", "Forums", and maybe "Members". My problem is that the amount of excess here is driving me nuts. I'm a simple writer with simple needs: I write manuscripts on a fullscreen black background with grey text.

It might seem trivial (hint: it is), but it really throw off my groove with the site, and it makes it hard for me to settle it. Is there a way to customize what shows up here for me?

And while I'm being self-indulgent and agonizing over tiny details, could the same be done with specific subforums? For example, I don't really need to see the entire first section for the forum (I'm aware that it can be minimized, but I don't want to miss the news, should something happen, etc).

If there's anything that could be done about either of these, it would be super helpful

I am afraid there is no way to customize the site like that. O_O That would require different kind of core software or a very complex sort of addon modification.

We are a very large website that is feature rich, I am afraid lots of items in the navbars and the index tend to come with that. :(

I subscribe to threads and when I visit Iwaku for my RP's I browse through the subscription page. I'm not sure how it works, but I think you can also subscribe to a forum like announcements for the news. Not ideal, but it might fit your groove better than going to the homepage.

Status
Not open for further replies.