Forieri di Tarocchi - Harbingers of Tarot - OOC &

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tsu

Original poster
The Roleplay has Begun: Forieri Di Tarocchi

An Introduction to Forieri di Tarocchi

There comes a point in time that we as human beings look upon ourselves and ask a simple question.

What have we accomplished across the epochs of our past?

Many of our kind have come and gone; a culmination of their lifes' achievements either lost to the ages or imprinted upon the pages of historical text. From the instigators of greats wars, to the fathers of scientific development, to even the philosophical minds debating the laws of our existence. Select individuals have always stood above the rest. Harbingers of change destined to revolutionize the consistent ideals stagnating the society of their time.

Yet, they are only mortal.

To what extent are their feats remembered beyond death's grasp? Are they left to exist as ink on paper, or do they transcend the bounds of mortality and influence the society of today? It can be said that mankind is built upon the strengths and shortcomings of the past, yet this holds true for only those who embrace it. If innovation is chosen over historical inspiration; is it then a lack of foresight from those in question, or is it simple ignorance towards the truth of our existence?

Ask yourself. Are your aspirations built upon the spirits of the past or do you grasp a distinct future in ignorance of those who watch from the immortality of their triumph?

If you are reading this brochure, then congratulations. You are one of the annual few chosen to apply for an opportunity like none other. Founded in Yurich, Maine back in 1865, Trinity Institute was an academic shelter dedicated to the rehabilitation of children left homeless in the aftermath of the Civil War. Since then, the academic focus has been shifted towards the development of unique talent found in the men and women of today's society. Genius is not a factor in our decision. Some form of latent potential exists in nearly every individual. Thus, it is our goal at Trinity Institute to awaken such potential for those deemed compatible with our academic methodology.

Whether old or young; academic or athletic; artistic or musically inclined; all are welcome for a chance at fulfilling the dreams and aspirations one might hope to achieve. It is only the best who remain to graduate from our illustrious institution, and whether or not you agree, the next harbinger of change could be you.

What to expect?
Forieri di Torocchi is a multi-genre role-play encapsulated by the modern fantasy archetype. Players of this game will experience a blend of a slice-of-life and supernatural occurrences that align with the mysticism expected by the fantasy genre. Characters will start as ordinary humans attending the curriculum at Trinity Institute; however, gradually, they will begin to undercover the mystery which underlies a town built upon a long history of occult.

There are no complicated requirements to join this role-play; however, it is expected that you are willing to spend time with notable amounts of detail. It is expected that you, as a writer, are independent and are capable of developing your character in both a believable and compelling manner. Above all, it is assumed that grammar, post length, and role-play involvement are as expected by a game of advanced nature.

Under no circumstance is this role-play intended to be advertised as "easy." Death is an aspect that one must embrace, especially if the details of posts are regularly ignored. That being said, in no way is the plot of this role-play written to be unfair. Every player action will determine a subsequent reaction, and it is left in the hands of the players to develop a highly, flexible story however they wish.

Forieri di Tarocchi is a long term role-play intended to span several arcs across many months. While it is not required, it is highly recommended that players join with the intention of staying for the duration of the role-play. Doing so will assist in the development of consistent, enjoyable plot for everyone to enjoy.

Game Information

Slice of Life

Ordinary life is a primary concept within Forieri di Tarocchi. At the end of the day, your character is a student enrolled at Trinity Institute, and it is expected that a good portion of the roleplay will revolve around this aspect. Dorm life, city & campus interaction, homework and projects, and relationships with others; these are all aspects which might be explored across the arcs of the roleplay. High level direction will be provided for the purpose of managing plot; however, it is entirely up to you how you wish to spend your time. Different actions lead to different results….some better than others...
Supernatural

[BCOLOR=transparent]Yurich, Maine is a town built upon a mysterious history of supernatural activity. Although no official documentation exists, tales of numerous incidents date before the Civil War and remain solely in the lineage of the town's original residents. Because of its recognition as a supernatural location, Yurich experiences a healthy of influx tourists; however, it is also because of this fact that the locals remain somewhat cold to "outsiders." Students of Trinity Institute receive somewhat better treatment from the locals, but at the end of the day, information and stories won't come easy for whomever might want them.[/BCOLOR]
Game Time

[BCOLOR=transparent]Time is fairly structured in Forieri di Tarocchi. While deviation may occur on a case-by-case basis, the general structure of game time is as following:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Morning | Afternoon | Evening[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] 2[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent] | 3 |[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent] 2[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]What this means is that two posts sequences will be dedicated to the morning of the roleplay, three for the afternoon, and two for the evening. As such, seven sequences equates to roughly a day within the game. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As aforementioned, extensions will be provided on a case-by-case basis; thus, please make sure, you are managing your time in accordance with the pace under which we are progressing.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
Inventory
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]At the end of every post, you are required to post an inventory for your character. This can be accomplished through a spoiler or other means. In your inventory, please include any loose objects that your character has on his person. The inventory will help manage and control the presence of items in later scenes where they become more relevant. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Note: Posts that have no correlation to plot development, for instance, a post in which your character is preparing for bed, do not require an inventory.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]

Mazzo di Tarocchi - Tarot Deck

Major Arcana

???

Minor Arcana

???

Yurich Map

Map

5bb6af3.png

Character Application

CS

// Make sure to read all of the information before proceeding with the character sheet.
// The character sheet must be roughly completed within 48 hours after it was started.
// Remember, this CS should be written in the perspective of your character's application.

| PERSONAL DETAILS |

SURNAME: ___________________
FORENAME: __________________
SEX: ____________________

ETHNIC BACKGROUND:

AFRICAN AMERICAN -- HISPANIC -- ASIAN -- CAUCASIAN -- OTHER

[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

| PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION |
//Please attach a picture of yourself along with a physical description

[PICTURE GOES HERE]

| EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION |

What academic institution are you intending to enroll into?

Elementary School -- Middle School -- High School -- Higher Education

[ ] --[ ] -- [ ] --[ ]

What year are you intending to enroll into?

1ST -- 2ND -- 3RD -- 4TH

[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

What field are you intending to study?

| Entrance Examination|

Questionnaire: Truthfully answer the following questions to the best of your ability. Do note that there are no right or wrong answers.

Would you consider yourself an individualistic person?
Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Would you consider yourself a bold individual?
Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Would you consider yourself emotional or easily swayed by emotions?
Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Do you believe the world is aligned against you?
Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Do you hold true to your morals and beliefs?
Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Would you consider yourself materialistic?
Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Do you believe you hold a notable quality within you?
Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Is there always an opportunity for teamwork?
Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Should innovation derive from historical inspiration?
Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Do you consider yourself a spiritual individual?
Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Writing: "Innovation with or without historical inspiration." This quote is a recurring theme which aligns with the ideals and academic methodologies of Trinity Institute. As such, in two or more paragraphs, please answer the following prompt: What historical figure inspires your development as an aspiring student. If none, explain what inspires you in their stead.

| SIGNATURE |

I hereby state that Trinity Institute is not responsible for the loss of personal items or injuries that occur within or outside of school grounds. This holds true unless any event is proven to be of direct result from policies or beliefs initiated by Trinity Institute. By signing this agreement, I give Trinity Institute and all direct sponsors permission to access and distribute any information directly stated or inferred through this application. Furthermore, I agree to abide by the ideals and policies upheld by Trinity Institute, and accept that such directives may be changed at any time. Failure to do so, may result in disciplinary action, not limited to community service, suspension, or expulsion from academy grounds. Trinity Institute is an equal opportunity provider, and does not, in any way, discriminate against Age, Sex, Religion, or Race.

I, ____________, fully understand the rules and guidelines set by Trinity Institute, and am ready to enroll.
Date:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Red Rabbit
| PERSONAL DETAILS |

SURNAME: _Elizabeth_______
FORENAME: __Bloodwell__________
SEX: ___Female_____

ETHNIC BACKGROUND:

[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

| PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION |

[
97adc29e01b82592d6792900d7bc5879.jpg

5'7" with a lean build. Long light brown hair that reaches to her lower back and a set of hazel eyes.
Near porcelain-like skin with a petite nose and small set of full lips. A slim waist line and wide hips and a
78cm C-cup. Her lean and slender frame is a testament to her time doing gymnastics from a very young age, the results leading to her being quite flexible and agile as well as seeming to walk with a certain grace about her.

[ ] --[ ] -- [ ] --[X]

1ST -- 2ND -- 3RD -- 4TH

[] -- [x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Science & Philosophy

| Entrance Examination|

Questionnaire: Truthfully answer the following questions to the best of your ability. Do note that there are no right or wrong answers.

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [x]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [x] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [x] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [x]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [x] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Writing: "Innovation with or without historical inspiration." This quote is a recurring theme which aligns with the ideals and academic methodologies of Trinity Institute. As such, in two or more paragraphs, please answer the following prompt: What historical figure inspires your development as an aspiring student. If none, explain what inspires you in their stead.

If I had to choose a historical figure that inspired my development as an inspiring student, then I would have to say that it is none other than Galileo Galilei. The reasons of which he is my object of inspiration is due to the life he lived and the hardships that he faced. Galileo, who was an Italian gentleman, played a major role in the scientific revolution during the Renaissance. He's most commonly known as "the Father of Modern Science. Observational astronomy gained so much from his contributions; including the telescopic confirmation of the phases of Venus, the discovery of the four largest moons of Jupiter, and the observation and analysis of sunspots. Galileo also worked in applied science and technology, inventing an improved military compass among other things.
Galileo's steadfast belief of heliocentrism was controversial within his lifetime, when most subscribed to either geocentrism. He was tried by the Inquisition, found "vehemently suspect of heresy", forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest. However, it was while Galileo was under house arrest that he wrote one of his finest works, Two New Sciences. Here he summarized the work he had done some forty years earlier, on the two sciences now called kinematics and strength of materials. He would later die while still under house arrest.
The reason I would choose such a man is because he managed to dip his paintbrush into the paint of knowledge and discovery, and make a masterpiece on the canvas of life. He was able to find new things and invent new things and defend his beliefs in a time where the majority found him wrong and out of place. He managed to holdfast to his beliefs, regardless of the fact that he was forced to recant, and was still able to contribute more when those who would see him disavowed or silenced had him placed under house arrest. He managed to do his best works while he under house arrest, showing that even in the face of adversity that his spirit never faltered, and that even though he may have died while still under house arrest that they were unable to shackle his mind or his beliefs. Galileo was able to blot his brush in the wisdom of one before him and advance his own, as well as everyone else's knowledge and understanding on a monolithic scale, creating a masterpiece of his own. I can only hope that I, too, will be able to dab my brush into the wisdom of another and make my mark upon the canvas of life. While I will strive to achieve the level of Galileo, knowing full well of the statistical improbability, I will do all I can to leave my mark, and perhaps I will be the mark that someone else uses to craft their masterpiece.

| SIGNATURE |

I hereby state that Trinity Institute is not responsible for the loss of personal items or injuries that occur within or outside of school grounds. This holds true unless any event is proven to be of direct result from policies or beliefs initiated by Trinity Institute. By signing this agreement, I give Trinity Institute and all direct sponsors permission to access and distribute any information directly stated or inferred through this application. Furthermore, I agree to abide by the ideals and policies upheld by Trinity Institute, and accept that such directives may be changed at any time. Failure to do so, may result in disciplinary action, not limited to community service, suspension, or expulsion from academy grounds. Trinity Institute is an equal opportunity provider, and does not, in any way, discriminate against Age, Sex, Religion, or Race.

I, Elizabeth Bloodwell, fully understand the rules and guidelines set by Trinity Institute, and am ready to enroll.
Date: __3-9-2016__

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsu
I have updated the CS with a single line: Academic Study.
Forgot to add this earlier, my bad!

Does field of study apply only if you're in higher education?

Does field of study apply only if you're in higher education?
No, the style of academics are different from normal schools.
What you plan to study is important whether you are elementary or higher.
Bit funny for a kid to know what they plan to pursue though XD
It can be left blank/"I don't know", if your character believes they don't excel in anything or don't know.

2GbclVI.png

| PERSONAL DETAILS |

SURNAME:
Driscoll
FORENAME: Arden
SEX: Male
ETHNIC BACKGROUND:
[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ] -- [x] -- [ ]

| PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION |
5'10 and 176 lbs, Arden Driscoll is a striking figure, with his vivid blond hair and his lime green eyes. His constant physical conditioning has given him a strong form with little to no excess fat, but at the same time, his strength comes more from a sinewy 'quick' power, instead of having impressive biceps. Many faint scars adorn his arms and his legs, signs of past injuries, and his hands are callused. He likes to keep his nails short, but more often than not, they're maintained by nail-biting, instead of nail clippers.

He also has a big dick.

[ ] --[ ] -- [x] --[ ]

1ST -- 2ND -- 3RD -- 4TH
[ ] -- [ ] -- [x] -- [ ]

I'm interested in Kinesiology or Biology.

| Entrance Examination|
Questionnaire:
Truthfully answer the following questions to the best of your ability. Do note that there are no right or wrong answers.
Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [x]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [x]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [x]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [x]

I inspire myself. Simple as that.

In the past, historical figures may be people who revolutionized society and brought forth change, but now, that very change has become the norm, the stagnant standard. And if you want to change the world, why would you take inspiration from people who made the current world? It's much better to look inwards instead of outwards for your muse, because the more exterior influences you take in, the more you change in accordance to the thoughts of others. Yes, there are things that can be learned from them, and yes, the progress we've made today was due to their efforts, but that's it.

As children, we can't depend on our ancestors forever, and as humans, we should always be looking for new, exciting, original ways, instead of drawing upon ideas from centuries past that have long passed their expiration date. And really, if you need ancient history to motivate you, instead of being able to motivate yourself, isn't that a bit of a problem?
| SIGNATURE |

I, Arden Driscoll, fully understand the rules and guidelines set by Trinity Institute, and am ready to enroll.
Date: March 9, 2016

| PERSONAL DETAILS |

SURNAME: ____Corsmir_______________
FORENAME: ____Kent______________
SEX: _______
Male_____________

ETHNIC BACKGROUND:

[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ] -- [✓] -- [ ]

| PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION |
A man of only five feet, four inches, and with the face of a boy. Despite this, Kent looks to have the skin of somebody much older; it is dry, flushes easily and calloused in spots where it has seen more friction. He is of scrawny build, his legs being the most toned part of him.

ZwBy6KI.jpg

[ ] --[ ] -- [ ] --[✓]

1ST -- 2ND -- 3RD -- 4TH

[✓] -- [ ] -- [ ] -- [ ]

____Architecture_____

| Entrance Examination|

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[✓] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[✓] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [✓] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [✓]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[✓] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [✓]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [✓]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [✓] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [✓] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [✓] -- [ ]

"Innovation" and "inspiration". Both fields through which Humanity has hunted throughout its existence; both as a whole and as an individual. I -- myself as an individual -- have gone though much of my life searching for my own "inspiration". From those areas around my home, to those on the opposite side of this very Earth I have looked, yet no person in and of themselves has given me enough to make my own "innovations". From what I have discovered in my travels, Humanity has not the need to draw its "inspirations" only from other individuals, but from from what's been built around them.

As an aspiring architect, buildings are a great place to to draw innovation, whether it be historical or not. From the great , antiquary pyramids of Giza, to the non-euclidean styles of the deconstructivism movement. I feel it would be folly on my part to draw too heavily, or only from just one subject of study; they each have their own flair and intention.

As a student, I still have yet to create my own innovations upon such marvels, however, I do believe their inspirations to be clear. I aspire, one day, to be a man who does not inspire, but for my work to do so, otherwise to be labeled a hypocrite. I wish to be able to further innovation from my own designs, to put my own prey to the great fields upon which Humanity has hunted upon.

| SIGNATURE |

I, __Kent Corsmir__, fully understand the rules and guidelines set by Trinity Institute, and am ready to enroll.
Date:
___3/9/16___

plfWfHp.png

| PERSONAL DETAILS |
SURNAME: Leigh
FORENAME: Iphigenia
SEX: Female
ETHNIC BACKGROUND:
[ ] -- [ ] -- [x] -- [x] -- [ ]

| PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION |

Iphigenia stands at just under 5' 6" and weighs in at an almost unhealthy weight of 110 pounds. Slim and unimposing, she carries herself well and dresses the part, often wearing well-tailored attire in the form of business casual clothing. Fond of darker colors on white, she usually wears jackets and skirts of these colors on top of a white button down.

She possesses royal-blue eyes and deep purple hair of medium-length, often done-up in a small sidetail on her left side. She has a fair, borderline pale complexion and Caucasian facial features, although subtle hints betray a Chinese or Japanese bloodline in her mixed heritage.

[ ] --[ ] -- [ ] --[x]

1ST -- 2ND -- 3RD -- 4TH
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ] -- []

I've perhaps made a name for myself in computer science related fields. Some people may find it logical for me to pursue a degree in such a field, but I disagree; if I have a portfolio of knowledge and skills that I can demonstrably apply, then why would I need a slip of paper to certify such? Now, I do intend to found my own firm in a few years, and I've been finding studying either finance or economics as the better course of action.

| Entrance Examination|

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [x]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [x]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[x] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [x]

Writing
Legacy.

I think, in this context, this single word is the most relevant to the question. Innovation is the result of legacy. My family, the Leigh family, holds the seat of the Earldom of Leemouth, England, and is best known for its ownership of the international company Standard Electric. It has shared an illustrated heritage that dates back to the time of King Edward III and the Battle of Poitiers. There, John Leigh became Sir John Leigh for his role in capturing John II of France, and set my family down its current path.

In 1880, Henry and Mary Alice Nash founded the Standard Electricity Company to provide streetlights to their humble parish, and grew the fledgling firm into an industrial juggernaut by the turn of the 20th century. Ten years later, one Neville Leigh married the heir of the Standard Electric fortune, saving his then financially crumbling family from ruin. Harry Lee captained a frigate in the Royal Navy as Master and Commander in the closing years of the Napoleonic Wars. Prior to that, he was one of the first Englishmen to see Japan aboard the HMS Phaeton. My great grandfather, another captain, perished at the Battle of Java Sea. My Eastern ancestors were known as formidable administrators.

This all may seem like flag waving, but you get the point. With such a storied ancestry, and many of them historical figures of power in their own right, how could I, or others compare myself to them? Or them to myself? What do I have, or will have, to show for myself? Sure, I stand to eventually inherit a fancy title and house and an estate that could buy another Fortune 500 company outright, but it hangs over me like a spectre. What accomplishments to my name will I have to show for them? Do I look at their achievements and model myself after them, or look constantly ahead of myself and forge my own path to create my own legacy? It's not so black and white.

The past dictates the future. Without the legacy of those before us, there is nothing to innovate on. The world we live in is built on the mistakes of our forefathers. If we do not learn from them, how strong will our foundations be for the future? Ignore their words, and our paths will crumble before us.

I am not advocating blindly following tradition, or trying what has been tried and true. That leads to stagnation; that was something Neville Leigh realized, and ultimately solved by breaking taboo and marrying a girl that many others before him would perceive to be a commoner. Follow them, but adapt to your time.

The Nashes helped pioneer the energy industry, and standards that were established by them a century ago are even still relevant today. But the future of this generation is now in computers, space, and artificial intelligence, changes radically different than what the human race has ever experienced before. If the cards are played right, that won't be a problem. We'll innovate. After all, it's in our legacy.

| SIGNATURE |

I, Iphigenia Leigh, fully understand the rules and guidelines set by Trinity Institute, and am ready to enroll.
Date: March 9th, 2016

No longer applicable, please kindly look the other way.

Last edited:
| PERSONAL DETAILS |

SURNAME: Kaede
FORENAME: Mori
SEX: Female

ETHNIC BACKGROUND:

[ ] -- [ ] -- [X] -- [ ] -- [ ]

| PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION |

Mjzp.png

Kaede has a lean body size, toned from years of athletic training without having overly visible muscles. Her lack of physical strength is made up for it with an agile and flexible form. She has dark brown eyes and short to medium length black hair which she often wears up in a bun to prevent it getting in her way. At 5'4" she is taller than the average Japanese woman but perfectly average in America. She prefers to wear pastel colours on a day to day basis with some blacks thrown in.

[ ] --[ ] -- [X] --[ ]

1ST -- 2ND -- 3RD -- 4TH

[ ] -- [ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

Visual and Musical Arts

| Entrance Examination|

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[X] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[X] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [X]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[X] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[X] -- [ ] -- [ ]

I don't find that any historical figures speak out to me much. I think that the past is something we should be looking at when we look to the future. But I'm not the person who should be doing that. I can look back into history and find people who I might look up to as role models. But they are dead, gone, and what they left behind can't ever truly be replicated. If I looked up to them I would never know if I achieved the greatness that they did. Their inspiration is an intangible impossibility. That might be desirable to some, but to chase such a hopeless dream is a waste in my mind and something I cannot do.

My own inspiration comes from what is around me in the present. The people, the earth, the technology, the real, tangible existences in my life. They give my dreams an anchor in reality, make them something that I can reach. Each goal is a step on the way to the next so I may see my own progress as I climb. When I measure myself against the world I know where I stand. And from the world I can see where I will go next. Whether I see love and wonder, disgust and revulsion, or dreaded boredom I find a direction in my life that I must head. Those emotions empower me to take the next step and change or advance myself.

| SIGNATURE |

I, Kaede Mori fully understand the rules and guidelines set by Trinity Institute, and am ready to enroll.
Date: 3/9/16

Last edited:
So after some further consideration, I believe I'll be aiming for 6 players rather than 5.
Regardless, sign-ups will be open for a bit longer, so if you know anyone potentially interested, send em this way!

| PERSONAL DETAILS |

SURNAME: _________Rolando__________
FORENAME: ________Jackson__________
SEX: ________Male____________

ETHNIC BACKGROUND:

[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

| PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION |

[PICTURE GOES HERE

8c2a9ed6b64f2db6210016bbb26ca9d8.jpg

[ ] --[ ] -- [X] --[ ]

1ST -- 2ND -- 3RD -- 4TH

[ ] -- [ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

________Sports/Athletics___________

| Entrance Examination|

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[X] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[X] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[X] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[X] -- [ ] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [X]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [X]

Yes -- Sometimes -- No
[ ] -- [ ] -- [X]

I don't get the need for historical figures as an inspiration. They did what they did. Big whoop. The problem is they're all dead, if we don't think for ourselves we'll just trap ourselves in a vicious cycle. I know how bad that can be. You keep thinking on what you would be like if you were someone else, you can't ask what some great general or leader is because you ain't them, and they didn't do what your doing just then. The real world is more complex than people realize and it just doesn't work that way. The idea is a bit silly really, which long dead guy or girl do you believe in the most? They're all dead and eventually their history and legacy will fade from our minds. What's the point of putting your faith in a dead guy?

What inspires me though? People. More importantly my little sister Lana. As you've probably already seen with my record I've done some bad things in my time, but I'm changing. I'm not just changing because I want to...and part of me does, but I have to change for her. I'm going to do my damnedest to beat whatever obstacle comes my way because in the end I only have one shot. I've got a lot on the line, and only a few chances to redeem what I've done to get me to where I am today. I'm not going to be the smartest student you'll ever have, and I'm sure even looking at my application set off a red flag or eight, but I'll try my best becuase in the end I'm running out of options. I have to do this.

| SIGNATURE |

I, ___Jackson Ronaldo_________, fully understand the rules and guidelines set by Trinity Institute, and am ready to enroll.
Date: ______3/10/16______

463917be58b647a0233532362f15ad7a.jpg

Last edited:
Make a CS and see if you may.

...I admit I have only really skimmed the OP thus far (though I will definitely give things a closer read if I do decide to join), but, for now, I just wanted to ask... is this a roleplay about tarot cards?

You keep using tarot motifs and I couldn't figure out how exactly tarot cards related to the rest of the plot here. And what's especially wild about all this is the fact that I've been thinking "I wish I could start/join an RP about tarot cards" for a while now, although I had no idea how such a concept would work as an RP. ...So, you know, I just had to give this thread at least a quick glance, even though I don't have a ton of time to give it a very close look right now.

Consider this a mention of interest -- but I can't guarantee I'll stick around.

...I admit I have only really skimmed the OP thus far (though I will definitely give things a closer read if I do decide to join), but, for now, I just wanted to ask... is this a roleplay about tarot cards?

You keep using tarot motifs and I couldn't figure out how exactly tarot cards related to the rest of the plot here. And what's especially wild about all this is the fact that I've been thinking "I wish I could start/join an RP about tarot cards" for a while now, although I had no idea how such a concept would work as an RP. ...So, you know, I just had to give this thread at least a quick glance, even though I don't have a ton of time to give it a very close look right now.

Consider this a mention of interest -- but I can't guarantee I'll stick around.
Hello @Kaga-kun
Thanks for the interest regardless!
To answer your question, I'd have to stay mostly yes with a little no.

So without giving away too much detail about the plot, mostly yes because tarot cards will be a heavy influence. Still no, because the role-play has more depth that uses the cards as a base then expands upon that concept with fantasy plot.
I guess an example would be Cardcaptor Sakura, if your familiar with that animation. The show definitively has influences from a deck of tarot; however, its implementation is more than simple interaction with "Tarot cards".
That being said, I plan to bring in elements which might include scenes based on card interpretation and characters as well; all of these aspects being in direct correspondence with the player character experience.
Above all, I know this answer is a bit wishy-washy, so if there is something specific you would like me to further expand upon, let me know. We could also take this into PM to avoid potential spoilers for the rest of the players.

May I join?
Yup, go ahead and fill out a CS.
I'm looking to accept 6 people, so there will be competition.
The best advice that I can give is to really present a strong angle for your character.
Unique has the best chance to catch my attention and fit with the plot.

Aw hell naw. Now there's three athelete kiddos. Knew I shoulda stuck with muh Darius and muh blacksmithing.

Aw hell naw. Now there's three athelete kiddos. Knew I shoulda stuck with muh Darius and muh blacksmithing.
Just slap Darius' name on your CS and apply kinetics to blacksmithing~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.