Forging Roads

"What's up with her?" Sena huffed and looked back at Nicolie. "If you didn't say everything that came across that small head of yours, she would have stayed." Nicolie replied and playfully cornered him against the counter. "M-my shift is over. I think I'll leave now." The younger stuttered, but the larger man cornered him again. "Oh, no. Your shift is far from over." He said lowly with a malicious smirk and watched the teen get to the borderline of freaking out. "Naw, I'm just kidding. Your shift is over. you can go now." Nicolie laughed and watched the other run to the door. "You're such a freak!" Sena shouted before leaving.

"Why do you always do that?" A regular custom asked, coming up to the counter to check out. "It's just fun, watching the narrow-minded squirm." He smiled and made their transaction. "Are you really gay?" Another one came to the counter. "I don't know. I've never really been with either." Nicolie grinned. "Do you like that guy though?" Came another question. "Not really. He's too young and foul mouthed. He curses like a sailor." He replied as he continually ran through purchases. "What about girls?" Someone shouted from the back of the store. "Does it really matter if its a guy or a girl? I mean at least if I get along with them, things should be fine, right?" Why does this have to happen everyday? Why ask questions that I can't even answer myself? He sighed. People.

Kiori jumped back from the large man, her heart racing. Did he know what she was? He didn't smell like he had any wolf blood in him, though. Was he dangerous? Kiori had never been in a situation like that before, so he initial reaction was to question him, but before she could get a sound out, she was being yanked by the arm away from him. His large figure decreased in size until he was lost behind a wall. Kiori's feet followed the direction she was being pulled since her mind wasn't able to comprehend the situation. By the time she was able to concentrate, her new home was already in sight and her cousin was panting furiously. "I.. I don't get this ....much exercise very....very often." he panted, his trembling arms resting on his knees. She watched him catch his breathe, her form perfectly comfortable after the run. He mind was clearing now, and she could properly ask questions. "Who was that guy? He wasn't another one of your many friends, was he?" Chika shot her a quick glare and took a deep breathe before replying. "As if. He was probably some pedophile or something." "But he called us Pups--" "It was just a figure of streets. We're still kids compared to people like him." He straightened his back which had been hunched and heaving in an attempt to gather oxygen and began heading into the house. "Let's just get inside in case he followed us. You can tell your dad about him or something."

Since Dakota had stormed out of the store angrily, she had the opportunity to take it out on a raccoon she had found back where she had slept the night before, under the overpass. She wanted to distance herself from the place where she had been made so angry. Her face was wounded by the animal, though. She hadn't fought such a large animal in a while, and while Dakota was clamping down on it's neck with her powerful jaw muscles, the raccoon was doing the same to her cheek, trying it's hardest to save it's own skin, tearing and shredding at the tender meat there. Dakota ate her meal quickly, not able to fit all of it into her stomach, which had contacted into a smaller organ than it was meant to be due to the scarce meals. She rested a bit, tired out from her fight. She returned to her human form, and touched a hand to her cheek, drawing it away quickly in pain. Her hand was covered in blood, and her cheek looked rather nasty. Typically, Dakota could smell if an animal was overly diseased. Her senses were still sharp, and if an animal were crazed, or rabid, as humans called it, by the brain altering sickness, Dakota could sense it and stay away.

Dakota decided it would be a good idea to get moving. She didn't want that officer finding her again. She left the half eaten carcass behind, and went back into town. She kept a clear distance of the bookshop this time. Two running figures caught her attention though. Two running... Wolves. Young, by the look of them.

Dakota's breath caught, but she didn't want these two to see her. They could have been as disappointing as the other man was, after all. She watched them from half a block down. They seemed like they were maybe... a pack?! Albeit a small one, but still. She took a deep breath, trying to sort out their scent from the others around her. She needed to remember it. She scampered off back toward her half eaten kill. If she wished to impress them, and maybe even join them, she would need to bring a gift.

The business started to slow the closer it got to rush hour and the store had slowly emptied itself of people. Nicolie took this opportunity to close for a few minutes so he could go up stairs and and fix something to eat. He was simple and came back down stairs with a freshly roasted ham sandwich, opening the store back up. Nicolie at as he worked, that is until rush hour actually hit and people again started to full the store which still left him with a half eaten sandwich to finish but it would have been bad once he had closed the store for the night since that would be the only other time that less and less people came in.

He sighed as he dumped it in the trash and continued working. Maybe I should close the shop tomorrow and just eat and eat. My appetites been pretty wild lately. He thought as he checked everyone in and out of the register. The flow in the store was now slow enough to be boring but to fast to go and do something else so he just sat there and watched while human looked through his shelves of books and put them back to pick other ones up.

{We need to pick this back up again. I've been waiting for our fourth person to reply so that I could but I guess its quite obvious that he gave up on this thread.)