Forest of Hevandale

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arrow went straight into Ray's back. It went in not too deep but she felt a sting. It must have some sort of magic in it. Rayden thought, but her mind was already fogging. She started to get sleepy. Half way to the others, her musicals gave out. She was still conscious she looked around only to see the huntress coming nearer. "Just stop" she muttered getting extremely dizzy as she moved her head to look at the armored predator. Ray was ashamed she was a wolf, and she was caught this was humiliating. Ray thought she was going to die, it was to clear.

@Dramma

Just as Ori was about to reply to both of the boys, she saw a woman in the corner of her eye and pushed her and Midori out of the way, the sweets in her hand falling to the ground. She saw Ray fly back with the explosion that occurred shortly after she moved out of the way. Kuroh, who was engaged with the huntress, ran away after a short while.

Cursing under her breath, she ran towards Ray to get her out of the huntress's way. For once, she was thankful for her incredible speed as a reindeer, and threw Ray over her back before she ran deep into the forest, not bothering to see if she was conscious or not. Ori looked back and threw a middle finger at the huntress before scanning the area to see if Midori was okay. She knew he would be, but she felt extremely bad for leaving him alone. Not only that, Kuroh left injured from the huntress and he was no where to be found now.

"Midori, Kuroh," She thought. "I hope you guys are okay." Running faster than she had ever before, no human could possibly catch up to her as she had almost crossed halfway through the massive forest into a cave hidden away by shrubbery and countless homes made by other creatures of Hevandale. Finally, she stopped at the end of the small habitat, putting down Ray gently against a wall.

She shook the girl, hoping that she would regain consciousness soon, but to no avail. "Come on, wake up, Ray!" She noticed an arrow protruding from her back and flinched. "Crap."

Ripping a piece of her dress away, the reindeer gently pulled out the arrow out of Ray's limp body. The shirtless girl moaned in pain a little, but remained unconscious for the most part. Once it was out, Ori immediately applied pressure to the wound with the torn piece of her dress and wrapped it around her torso. She let out a breath that she was unintentionally holding and sat against the wall with Ray.

@Dramma @N/A @Neko_Green @SashaBliss

Ray opened her eyes to see that she was somewhere different. Did the hunter catch her? Was her first thought. But quickly she noticed the arrow out of her back and a gentle hand holding her up. A cloth was being applied to her wound. Ray had not been caught but who has her now? She moaned in pain as the cloth collected blood. Ray looked down, she was on someone's lap; a girl's. She saw her foot and reached her it to touch. The skin was soft and clean. She looked up at the girl, who was now more clearly a dear Dobutsu. "Why did you save me..." she muttered putting her head in her belly. "We should go the hunter will probably still be tracking us.." Ray coughed sitting up and looking around rapidly only yo flinch and plop back in the girls lap. "Dammit," Ray cursed.
@Ellery

Midori flew a distance away before he shrouded himself with his large and powerful wings. Their limpness suddenly becoming tense and hard--a sort of firm protection that shielded against flying rocks and smoke. Slowly one of his wings went down, the blackness covered in ashes of gray and black, and sprinkles of red glowing ember. His head crept up from his wings ever so slightly and his green eyes pierced through the darkness as he growled. He felt some pain on his wings, It felt like light burns but nothing to serious. Still it hurt in general--And since he was half human he was also even more sensitive to the pain. Thank god, if he didn't have the wings he had today--He would've surely died. Better yet if he chose to be a human completely rather than a dobutsu.

Midori flapped his wings open harshly as smoke cleared around him and got to one knee. The ashes and ember scattering around before he slowly tried to get up, only to fall over his one knee and hiss. His hands became claws, and eyes were purely black instead of white, and red instead of green."Dammit.." He uttered as his human-like appearance faded through pure instinct and interruption. The male lightly flapped his wings clean to get used to the small pain and stood before flying back and up into the air eyeing down at the land. He didn't wanna participate--But it wasn't like he had a choice anyways and watched.

Ray stirred a little in Ori's lap and reached over to touch her feet. Ori, surprised by her movement, flinched yet again by the sudden contact and looked down at the curled up wolf in her lap.

"Why did you save me?" Ori barely heard the girl speak if it weren't for her full attention on her.

"The better question here is why wouldn't I save you?" Smiling, Ori cupped Ray's face and turned it side to side to see if she was had any scratches on her face that were bleeding.

However, the girl struggled to get up all of a sudden. "We should go. The hunter is probably still tracking us." As she struggled to get up, Ray started to violently cough and flopped back down on her lap.

"We are far from that," Ori paused, refraining from using profanity, "huntress. I still don't understand why they're so obsessed with killing us." She placed her hand on the injured girl's shoulder. "Just relax for now. You're hurt and you need rest."

@Neko_Green

Alex screamed in frustration, as she spoke into her mask.
"They all escaped was it not for that stupid wolf thing that attacked me" Speaking to the head of the hunters.
They spoke back to her, "You failed, I really should keep you in the lab and developing things"
She spoke back harshly to the head of hunters in gritting her teeth, "If you want me to develop things for you, I will keep hunting I shot them they helped each other out"
Alex started to walk where she shot the explosive arrow and looked around, finding some fur she picked it up. Stuffing it into a container in her armor and letting it close she wanted to catch this animal. It was deer fur she thought as she walked away from where she was pissed off heading back to the base.

"What are we suppose to do then, I feel so useless," Rayden said looking up at girl's face from her chest. "What your name anyway.. I'm Ray," she said touching her back only to feel a shock of pain. Seeing her hand it had dab of blood on it. "Stupid god dam hunters," Ray said angrily. She growled and kicked the dirt behind her feet. "Get me off of you," she said agitated by her inability to move without pain. She was slightly blushing too which might have been another reason why she wanted off.

@Ellery

"We wait it out until it's dark," Ori said, glancing at the entrance of the cave every few seconds. While she was trying to calm the girl down, Ori was still paranoid about the bitch coming back.

"What's your name anyways? I'm Ray."

She glanced down at Ray with a smile. "I'm Shiori, but I go by Ori." Noticing the girl flinch in pain, she adjusted her on her lap. Ray muttered something angrily, growling and getting more anxious by the minute as she kicked the dirt in an attempt to get up. "Wait-"

"Get me off of you." Ori blinked at Ray's harsh words, though she did notice her face becoming rosy. Woah, where is this attitude coming from?

Nevertheless, she helped the wolf get up without another word and set her beside her on the wall. "There, is that okay? The wall is cool from the lack of heat in here, so it should help with the pain." Ori turned to look outside again. "I'm going to go scout for some things that can barricade the cave, okay? In the meanwhile, stay here." She touched the wolf's face gently again. "I mean it. You're hurt."

With that, she walked away towards the entrance of the cave, scanning the area for the huntress or any other animal that could help them at the moment.

@Neko_Green @Dramma (also, anyone else who wants to fight Dramma and/or help us)

Ray was embarrassed it wasn't everyday that the wolf was saved by the deer. She didn't hunted other Dobutsu as it might have seemed, but there was always the tension that her parents put on her about the other Dobutsu. Plus Ray was in the girls lap for who knows how long. She was a bit cute too, but that wasn't her concern a the moment. A slight pain went in her back, she was concerned that the arrow did something to her. But the cold was making it feel better. Ray moved her tail on her lap and start to stroke it waiting for her new friend to come back.

@Ellery

Nothing.

No animal nor hunter was nearby for however long she searched without getting too far from the cave. As the sun was sinking deeper into the horizon, Ori decided to trek back to the cave and check on the wolf. It would be unsafe to stay cooped up in a cave that's already so cramped the whole night.

As she made her way through the shrubbery, the deer thought about Ray briefly. Ori found it strange that the girl was so small compared to her, but she was pretty cute. However, the deer was more worried about the wound on Ray's back. It couldn't have been just a normal arrow if the girl was out to kill us . . .

"Hey," She greeted, smiling and sitting near the injured wolf. "Sorry to have left you for so long here. I checked out the area and it seems empty, so I think it's safe to take you to my hut so I can fix you up properly. Of course, if that's okay with you?"

@Neko_Green [Sorry for the prolonged absence again, didn't receive a notification for this]

"Go head, I don't care," Ray huffed quickly looking way from the deer. Why did it have to be Ori that saved her? Why her? "Let's just go," Ray said slowly getting up. She flinched in pain but stood. Ray didn't understand what she felt for Ori. It was some sort of mix of love and hate. It was like she didn't want to like her, probably because she was a deer.

Ori smirked at the wolf. She was really cute, but her attitude was off the charts. Not that she was really bothered by it, of course. If she didn't like the deer, that was not Ori's problem. Ori would keep being herself as she was happy the way she was. Her smile faded away, however, when she saw Ray struggle to get up and walk.

The deer, with all the little strength she had, piggybacked Ray and held onto her legs at her side. "Keep your arms around me so you won't fall." It was a little uncomfortable having a half naked girl on her back, making her cheeks tint a bit, but after a while, she quite liked the proximity of the two.

Walking of the cave, Ori felt a wave of relief come over her. It felt nice to feel the cool breeze of the evening air with the sun setting in the distance. It was one of the nicer things of living in a forest. You wouldn't be able to enjoy the sun rising and setting in the distance without pollution and cars getting in the way, not that she would know much about that life anyways.

Finally reaching her house, the reindeer kicked open her unlocked door which she never got to go back to and close properly. "Home sweet home." She smiled looking at her humble abode and completely forgot about the girl on her back.

@Neko_Green

"Hay what are you doing," Ray blushed as Ori picked her up. She signed and let it go, it's not like she had any other way to get out of here. As they walked, Ray looked down on her head there were her pair of antlers. She playfully decided to grasp the pair of antlers to help to stay on her back. But soon the fun of it went away and when Ray and Ori got to Ori's place Ray said harshly to her "Can you let me down," knocked on her head to see if she could get her attention, she looked like she didn't even know she had a half naked girl on her back.

The deer winced when the wolf held onto her antlers. She had bruised them before on the stupid wall, and now they were used as support. It slightly hurt, but it felt inexplicably weird.

When Ray knocked on her head and protested to get down, Ori was reminded of the wolf once more and plopped her down on her bed. "Ah, sorry, princess. My mistake." Stretching and yawning loudly, Ori headed towards her small corner kitchen. Everything was in one medium sized room - room, kitchen, dining table, living room - except for the bathroom. "What do you want to eat? I have some herbs and pasta left from when some of my friends had gone out to the human worl -"

Ori stopped before ending her sentence to notice her face in the mirror. Parts of it had cuts and soot from the explosion, but there was a huge gash running down from her neck to her chest. Her dress revealed more of her chest than she had ever before, immediately wanting to take it off and wear another dress. The scar itself was scabbing over, so she wasn't too worried about it.

After locking her front door, she walked towards her bathroom with another simple white dress that flowed all the way to the floor. "Let me change into this before I warm something up for you, okay?" She noticed that the girl was still very bare. "And feel free to take something out of my closet to wear and wash up after I'm done."

@Neko_Green

Last edited:
Kuroh woke up drenched in sweat he had realized he passed out. "Dammit" he raged. He started to march out of his hiding spot. "Why did I have the nerve to run away" A red aura started to form around him. He wasn't just mad at himself he was pissed. He walked further and further into the forest he made it back to where they had fought. There were some ashes and leftover debris from the some battle. He punched backwards hitting a tree causing the tree to dent. He breathed heavily as there was a loud noise behind him. The tree had fallen. He was so mad he couldn't even think straight. Then 'sniff' 'sniff' what was it. Something he knew the smell of. He turned his head find the package of treats spilled. He looked at them annoyed. "I guess one wouldn't hurt my health" He reached down and picked one up. Sniffing it first he then took a bite. "mmh ooh yum" after there first he kept piling them down till there weren't any. He had calmed down. "I'm so disappointed in myself" his ears lower as did his tail. He found a small cave a decided he'd stay the for two months without eating. He sat in the dark and he crisscrossed his legs and closed his eyes almost as if he were meditating. His face darkened as all lie still within the cave.

Alex made it back to her base, as she removed her armor she let her hair fall back. Sticking the armor on a stand that charged it she stuck her bow on a rack and sat down mapping out which ways the animals went and what possible areas they could have gone too. It was a frustrating fact that she got no one and the cages in her base were empty but she wasn't that upset. It was going to take some work but she would catch someone. Grabbing the deer fur, she started to scan it to see what was in. It was actually reindeer fur, surprised she started to find her animals, half human half wolf. They were captured and Alex trained them, with some shocks and implementing of shock ankles and collars. If they didn't do as she said, well lets just say they do as she says. Alex gave the tree of them the fur to investigate as she sat down waiting for them to catch a scent.

Reactions: Ellery
"I'm stuffed~" Gnar sat upon one of the giant mushrooms of the forest, lying under the big sun along with a few fish bones laying beside him. Nothing much really happened today, other than him eating a bunch of fishes. "At least there ain't any Hunters around today, sooo I'm free now~"

"Thanks," Ray said walking over to the closest. She rummaged through the clothes and found a light pink hoodie. Ray put it on quickly noticing how big it was. She didn't care about how big it was, anything would have been better than nothing. Ray walked over to Ori, she thought that it would be good to say sorry for her attitude. "Ori, hmm I sorry about my attitude before," Ray said looking down.

Status
Not open for further replies.