Forest of Hevandale

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What? Really?" Maxie said happily, tail swishing beneath the water as if it were a dog's wagging tail. "Moki, looks like we've got another teammate. This fort is going to be amazing!"

The otter dobutsu swam from one side of the inlet to the other in excitement. Now that there were three of them, they could definitely complete the coolest fort ever in no time. Blue eyes turned to look between Moki and the newcoming woman. "Soo, miss, what's your name? I'm Maxie. Or Max. Whatever you wanna call me~!"

@loviebeest @DANAsaur

"Shiori? Hmm, ok." Midori said, just responding to tell her he was listening still. The male was about to close the conversation before the other deer-like dobutsu spoke again."E-Excuse me for one moment." she called, making Midori stop from turning around completely."Are you new around here? I haven't seen anyone like you in this forest. You seem to have,....unique wings unlike other flying dobutsu around here. Don't get me wrong -- they're very pretty." she stated. The male grinned at her. "Well--Technically i'm not really new... I've always lived here since i was about.. 13 or so.." answered Midori in estimation."You see, I kinda fade into the background because i would move back and fourth across the borders of dobutsu's and humans to be honest--Maybe thats why you haven't seen me so often like the others." admitted the crow before he moved on to the topic about his wings."I'm actually -surprisingly?- a crow." He clarified."Thanks for the compliment. I understand--Most crows are pure black--But i uniquely have a distinct pattern at the bottom as you can see." Midori let out a soft laugh as he flapped the ends of his wings ever so slightly."They're bigger and stronger than it looks right now." the male added as well.
@Ellery

Shisa was in the land of Dobutsu's now. He had been nearly journeying for quite a bit all to just look for his father. There were some sightings of him when he asked around, and some other dobutsu's treated him with fear, resentment, or like royalty. Fear and/or resentment most likely due to the fact that the male wasn't in his own dobutsu-crow form in any way probably and he assumed like royalty because as he has been told, He had Midori's eyes -in crow form- to which they would correctly assume he was Midori's son.

The blonde took mental notes about his father:
1. He sound almost... noble. Due to various reactions from other people/dobutsu's ; His father was feared and/or respected.
2. His father was very mysterious: There were barely any clues and information given to Shisa. And often information about Midori weren't to easy to gain as there seemed to be a price marked or punishment due to protection.
3. His father was most likely powerful if gaining just 1 tiny info about him was troublesome.

Those were the main things he learned, and Shisa sighed. Perhaps he wouldn't be able to get to Midori so soon after all. But he was far into the Dobutsu territory than any other human/hunter probably and he sat in a garden for a moment, taking a break.

{Anybody can interact with Shisa}

Last edited by a moderator:
Ori nodded vigorously as he talked, showing that she was truly intrigued by his appearance. "Ah, I see. I might've never seen you before mostly due to the fact that I don't get out very often as this weather is not to my liking," She giggled awkwardly, scratching her head. "And, don't worry - your wings already seem like they're larger than life, but I do find it surprising that they are of a crow's."

Suddenly, it occurred to her that there was a girl before who seemed to have wanted to talk to him, but when she peered behind Midori, she wasn't at her position before. "O-Oh, it seems that the girl you were with before is gone," She paused, not knowing what to do. "I apologize for interrupting your, uh, conversation."

@N/A

[Sorry for taking so long to reply! I wasn't getting any alerts. I sincerely apologize]

Everthing happened so fast Adaline didn't know what to do. One minute she had been staring into the water, and the next she was on the ground in fright. Hearing his apology, Adaline slowly stood up and wiped herself off. "It's alright." She replied. Standing straight, she turned to the stranger and smiled kindly. "Are you okay?" She asked, turning the question to him as she extended a hand in greeting. "Your highness! We don't know who this man is! Why ar-" But the buck was cut off when Adaline looked at him coldly. "Everyone deserves kindness. Whether they've done horrid stuff in the past, are poorer than the rich, or are older than the trees." She told him and the Buck said no more. Turning back to the man, she pulled her hand back after they shook. "Please do not mind my guard. He's just protective." Adaline told the man.
@TwistedPainter

Surprised. That word suited how he felt perfectly. He had been sitting there for a short while when out of no where a guy popped up. In response, Jayce quickly looked up and met the blue eyes of a boy. A bunny boy if one looked closer. With a soft sigh, Jayce put his arms behind him and leaned back. "Oh you know. Just trying to figure out what to do with my pathetic life." Jayce answered, looking at the clouds then the boy. "Wanna sit?" He asked.
@Spectator

"What was it like? Being held in captivity by hunters?" Taira asked kasuki. She always wondered what it was like to be caged and held captive, nothing to do but wait for someone to rescue you. She pulled out of the hug after a few moments of being uncomfortable. "Did they do anything to you?" She wondered.
@Neko_Green

Finny was already sitting beside him half way though the question, his legs folded together beside him. "Why is your life pathetic. I'm sure you've something to do. Right?" He emphasized a little too much on 'something' but he knew that you could always find things to do, even if they were by yourself. He could think of quite a few things as a matter of fact. "What's your name?" He asked with a smile, turning to face the stranger and resting his head against the ram.
@XxDreamingxX

Umiko smiled towards the boys and bowed her head out of custom "Pleasure to meet you Max, I'm Umiko." she introduced, her smile turning even sweeter as she felt the excitement of the otter. Umiko has a soft spot for kids so whenever she sees one or interact with one, she felt like a little kid again. She was born and raised different from the other kids. She rarely played outside nor do fun things. Now that she's an adult, it still isn't too late for her to act childish right? Even if it contradicts her lady like behavior, she doesn't really care. "So, what can I do to help you guys?"

@Rilette @loviebeest

Midori turned a bit to see and blinked."I guess returning the conversation will have to be some other time then.." The male said before he looked back at Ori."Its fine, really...!" He grinned."So, Why don't you enjoy this type of weather anyways?" He asked curiously."You don't have to answer if its personal." added the male.

@Ellery sorry writers block ;_;

He walked out into the middle of the forest. He'd have a look around then leave and walk to the next spot. For a wolf he really just liked looking at anything that caught his attention. Sometimes he'd pick up said thing and take it home with him, said it be a shiny rock or some interesting looking stick. As he walked his ears twitched hearing the sounds of other dobutsu avoiding him. 'Cough' him being a wolf and all.

"another lonely day" he sighed as he walked through the forest.

He turned and found a pretty looking rock. Picking it up he decided he'd go home for the day. He turned around on his toes and slowly started walking back home.

Harris shook the girls hand. It was soft, delicate and slightly cold. She was rather interesting. Especially the giant Buck she was holding as a partner. It was interesting and made him curious about her. the buck called her 'highness'... Was she royalty? Of course.... Still this had Harrison wondering whom she ruled. "So, you're royalty... To which throne are you heir of?" Harris tilted his head slightly. Her antlers were very well maintained. She or whomever was in charge of her image did a good job. It took harris a second to notice his wrong. "Oh... uh... Your name? I'm Harrison Revetrois." he gives a small bow and smiles at her.

Jayce looked over at the bunny guy and sighed. "Not a thing. No books, no work, nothing." He told him. Jayce then heard him ask his name and smiled. "Oh, it's Jayce. Jayce Remington." He replied, then decided he should ask this guy his name. Laying against the ram as well, he looked at the sky. "What about you? I'm sure you have a name." Jayce asked, rather curious. He had never met a bunny before, girl nor boy. He was interested. Especially if this could be his first friend.
@Spectator

"Hmm? Oh! I'm the Queen of the northern part of this forest. The deer and people like me reside there. Unless they chose a life of adventure." Adaline explained, feeling dumb for not saying so earlier. She was still learning the minor details so she wasn't very good at it all yet. And she did feel a little weird when the guy bowed before her. It was normal for her, but she wasn't used to it all that much yet. Staring into his eyes like she was taught, Adaline smiled cutely. "It's a please to meet you. I'm Adaline Maud Fedore." She told him, doing a slight curtsy. After standing up completely straight, it was easy to see her eyes were sparkling. Adaline was excited to meet a new friend. Always had been. "But you call just call me Adaline!" She quickly told him, panic flashing in her eyes for a second there
@TwistedPainter

Moki had been blanking out for a while after he had decorated his antlers. Only when Max showed his ecxitement he paid attention again and noticed Umiko. "Oh hello!" A big smile was on his face. "Umiko, I'm Moki." He already got distracted again. "Biggest fort EVER!" He swam to the edge and quickly climbed out. "I'm grabbing the sticks." Moki looked around near the river and halted a moment later. He dissapeared between the trees for a moment and came back pushing a log. His face was almost bright red from all the pushing since he didn't think about rolling it. Eventually the log reached the edge and splashed in the water. "Can we use this?" He asked before he jumped in the water himself.

@Rilette @DANAsaur

Nwanne smiled and her wings fluttered a bit. "I will bring the clothes for you in a moment, why don't we go inside." She held the door open for the girl and waited for her to go inside. After they were both inside she pointed to a soft cushioned seat that was placed near a table. "Sit and make yourself comfortable, you can look around if you want. I will get you something warm." She smiled and ran upstairs, almost falling on one of the steps. She quickly grabbed some clothes of her deceased sister and went downstairs again. She didn't want to make the guest wait. Nwanne placed a few bundles of neatly folded clothes on the table. "I don't know what you like or if you have ever seen a lot of humans in different clothing." She sat down on the chair at the other side of the table. "So I thought that I will let you choose." She pointed at the first bundle. "These are a t-shirt and jeans." Pointed at the next one. "This one is a skirt with a shirt and the last is a dress. Why don't you get dressed than will I make a meal for you." She stood up again and started walking to the open kitchen. "Oh, almost forgot." She turned around. "They are all long sleeved and I advise you will keep wearing that for a while as I would think that you are not used to the feeling of having no fur to keep you warm." She smiled again before she dissapeared between all the cupboards, keeping her ear focused on any sound that could be a question os something to start a conversation.

@Neko_Green

"Adaline..." Harris said it like he was analyzing it to his best knowledge... He looked at her again but with a look of being completely encased in his own thought. He had never heard of her royal family. It was most likely because he didn't really have much of a chance to speak with the deer Dobotsu often. Adaline was extremely friendly for being royalty. Perhaps she was new to the whole thing. It didn't exactly matter to Harrison. "Well I've kept someone waiting for a bit, so i should go meet them finally. I'd love to talk too you again, you seem like the intellectual type. Perhaps reading together. Either way, I must get going." Harris gave another proper bow and flew up quickly and headed to the willow tree. he landed right beside it and looked around for Umiko. He was saddened to see her gone... It took him a second to notice her in the water. He flew over to her and kept himself a few inches above the water, he hated getting wet. "I'm terribly sorry Umiko... I got tied up with almost slamming into someone..." he looked a bit flustered and had a small blush on his face..It was from embarrassment. There were two other younger Dobotsu in he water as well, but Harris was too focused on Umiko to notice them.

Adaline was even happier when he complimented her and even suggested reading together. It seemed like they were friends already! But the thought only lasted a minute before he took off into the sky, leaving Adaline there. Sadness welled up in her chest but she didn't cry. By this point, things like this were normal for her. In the end, everyone left her and there was nothing she could do about it. With a soft sigh, the deer Dobotsu walked over to the water's edge and sat down. Her dress was spread out around her and her hair gently laid across her back and ground. Leaning over slightly, she stared at her reflection in the water. She saw herself, the new Queen and that made her heart feel heavy. Why did it have to happen like this? She asked herself. Flashes of her haunting past went through her and she could not bare it. Without realizing it, tears had fromed at the brim of her eyes and were falling like rain drops in the water. Adaline kept her hands in her lap and allowed herself to cry, closing her eyes and sobbing for a few minutes. Her guard watched sadly as his Queen sobbed to her hearts content. After she finished, Adaline stood and wiped her red eyes. "We're going back." Adaline announced though her heart screamed no. She had duties and responsibilities now. Adaline knew she could no longer listen to her heart. Turning to her Guard, Adaline walked right past him, keeping her eyes straight. Hearing the thumping of hooves behind her, Adaline knew that her Guard was following close behind.

Umiko smiled towards the deer dobutsu, admiring his strength and how happy he is about the fort. "Pleasure to meet you Moki, and I dare say what great strength you have! I think this fort will be finished in no time" she exclaimed to him, getting even more excited as minutes passed by. Deciding that she should gather up some materials as well, Umiko dove in the deeper depths of the lake and gathered a bunch of pond weed to use as ropes. Resurfacing and placing them a top of the log, she then heard the sounds of large wings flapping and the familiar voice of Harris.

Harris came to her with such a flustered face that she finds it quite adorable. She hadn't seen him like that before and oddly, it made her blush as well. "Ah Harris, no need to apologize! I should be the one to apologize. I shouldn't have left the willow tree and you shouldn't have seen me acting childish. Please forgive me" she apologized and bowed her head. She didn't want Harris to hate her or think that she's stupid for acting so childish. She also didn't want to break her promise. She told him earlier that they'll hang out today but she knew she couldn't leave the kids all by themselves. Who knows what might happen to them if she left them alone? Ugh, so much stress!!

"Forgive me my dears, but I'm afraid I must go. I did promise Mr. Harris that I'll spend my day with him today. Perhaps we can continue our fun some other time?" she asked the young dobutsu with a smile. She felt kinda bad about what she's doing right now but she must be true to her word.
Waving the boys goodbye, she then looked up at Harris "Shall we go to the willow tree?. I know you hate to get your feathers wet" she said to the bird and swam back to the willow tree, sitting on the tree root once again and wringing the water out of her hair.

@Rilette @loviebeest @TwistedPainter

Umiko was being really apologetic. Perhaps it was the kids that were the reasoning... It didn't exactly matter. "An inner child is something you should embrace, not apologize about." Harris stated. It was the truth. He didn't like being too mature, it wasn't fun. He gave a small bow to the kids and flew over to the willow tree. He sat on one of the thicker branches and watched as Umiko wrung the water out of her hair. It always made Harris laugh to himself how she lived in the water, but she would always try and get as much water out of her hair as possible when she went on land. It was kind of cute how it was a practical ritual for her to do each time she went on land... That was an exaggeration... Harris took a book out of a pocket on the inside of his jacket. He opened it to a specific page and began reading. He would occasionally look over the top of the book at Umiko. "So, you like kids. A mother's intuition as they call it." he put the book down enough for Umiko to see his smile. He found people he didn't know too well to be the most fascinating thing he could imagine. he craved to know more about them.

As Umiko kept wringing the water out of her hair, she can feel the eyes of Harris observing her. It made her feel uncomfortable but she tried her best to not be bothered by it. After all, she knew that he's just curious. Umiko always find the flying dobutsu interesting, especially Harris. How does it feel like to be on air all the time? Why did he keep his house near the human camp? There's so much questions running in her head, but she's too afraid to ask. What if he finds her nosey? Or maybe finds her annoying? Even if they are just acquaintances, Umiko doesn't want to lose him, or anyone she's acquainted with.

Finally giving up with her hair, Umiko decided that it's best to leave it alone sopping wet. It's quite tiresome for her to dry her hair out every time she was on land. Why does she need to dry it anyway if she'll be back in the water later? "Yes, I do like kids but mother's intuition?" she asked, looking up at the tree branch where Harris is sitting as she lets out a soft giggle "You quite amuse me dear Harris, but I'm afraid that it's nothing like that. It's just more of a sisterly act than motherly. Besides, it's way too early for me to have such feelings. Marriage is the last thing on my mind right now" she explained, resting her hands on her lap and leaning against the tree trunk. It felt nice to just relax and talk, something Umiko rarely due to her duties.

"Anyway, how about you Harris? Are you great with kids?" she asked, her curiosity perking up. Umiko didn't know much about Harris so she thought that this will be the perfect opportunity to get to know him.

@TwistedPainter

Last edited:
"I'm Finn Käutner. You can call me Finny though if you want." He thought for a moment, index finger placed on his chin. "Now that I think about it I don't have anything to do either." He trailed off for a moment then looked back over at Jayce. "We could go see if we can find something to do in the forest if you want." Finny now wore a grin again and rose to his feet, holding out a hand for Jayce. He knew he might not have taken his hand for it was quite a girly thing to do. His brother often held his hand and it had become a habit. Finn had not been away from family for very long, a few weeks give or take. But he'd been completely alone for that time and Jayce was the first person he could consider a friend. And that made him extremely happy no matter how important it may be.

Looking at the hand extended to him, Jayce's eyes widened it surprise. The last person to ever make that gesture towards him was his mother, before she died along with the rest of his family. Shaking his head, Jayce got rid of the sad thought and took Finny's hand. Using it to help himself up, Jayce now stood beside his friend. So, what's something you like to do? He asked, shoving his hands into his pockets. A smile was plastered on his face and his were sparkling in excitement.

Ori looked taken aback from the question. She wondered how he had gotten to know that about her. "Um, I-I guess because my species belongs in colder climates since I am a reindeer," She looked up to him curiously. "But, how did you know that I didn't like this weather? I never mentioned it before to the other dobutsu."

Peering around, she noticed a wolf dobutsu looking pretty sullen about something. He seemed vaguely familiar until she saw him turn his head and recognized his face. "Ah, Kuroh!" She turned back to Midori. "I have something to give him for running an errand for me before. Do you want to join me?"

Ori ran quickly inside her hut and came out with a bundle of sweets that Kuroh fancied, looking at Midori expectantly for his answer.

@N/A (sorry being so late on this ;~;)
@SashaBliss

Kuroh started to sniff, his nose had recognized a smell he knew. It was a delightful smell that his stomach recognized all too well. He looked around until he came across the sight. The sweets he would die for sitting right there in a basket just waiting to be eaten. Then he noticed who it was being held by. 'Ori,' he looked at the reindeer and notice a crow standing next to her he didn't know who was, nor had he even seen him before. An annoyed look grew on his face as he turned his head away. He 'really' didn't like meeting new people. He kept walking pretending he never sniffed out the treats in the first place. He already knew he'd regret turning down those delicious scrumptious sweets that he adored so.
@N/A
@Ellery

Status
Not open for further replies.