Forest of Hevandale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh just so you know when I said "dry as a desert' I meant as a figure of speech, my character isn't really in a desert..

Reactions: Rilette
Oh! Please reserve a place for me while I make my character sheet! ^u^

EDIT: Sorry, I finally just saw that I'm really really busy and I'm trying out for way too many rps at a time, so please enjoy your rp and i'll be off! ^u^

Last edited:
Can I reserve a spot? This sounds super interesting. Also, by post modern tech, how post modern do you mean? Just examples is what I want, like Robots that act and move just like humans, but without the need for food... That post modern? Or not too distant into the technological future..?

I don't think it'll be human-like robots. Probably just things like hand-held railguns or something.

Okay. thank you very much. Still interested, but I gotta re think some stuff.

Can I reserve a spot, too? This seems interesting and I would like to be an animal-based huntress :bsmile:

The entire point of the hunters is that they're NOT animals... They hunt the dobutsu to extract the crystals from their bodies. If your character was a dobutsu AND a hunter, they'd have been killed by the other hunters already.

Can I make three characters? One is a female dragonfly, one a deer boy and one a male hunter. I want to bring some more male characters into this ^^

PS. When I saw the interest check it reminded me of the RP I made years ago but they were called D.N.Animals and they were abondoned failed experiments that woke up in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
dragonfly_by_ugly_baka_girl.jpg

Respective Animal: Dragonfly
Full Name: Nwanne Fodulle
Used Name: Nwanne (Nuan-ne or An-ne)
Sexual Orientation: bisexual
Personality: she is a hot head and still regulary gets angry, most of the time because she is to proud to admit her mistakes. Her age made her learn and calm down a bit and her patience and understanding has grown. She loves children and can be more patient with them than adults. She can also not understand sarcasm from someone elseand feels responsible if something goes wrong in her vicinity.
Background: Nwanne was born an only child and has lived with her family a long time at the lakeside of the forest. Her grandparents and greatgrandfather lived with them for a long time. What she has always had found funny was the fact that with every generation her family got smaller. Almost like true dragonflies. Her childhood was relatively peacefull aside of the hiding from hunters when they "visited" once again. When she turned 20 she started living on her own. But after she moved out her family was not so lucky and were found by the hunters. She now lives alone in her old family home at the lakeside accapting that losing her family is just part of how life is.

the_deer_guy_by_chusska-d6akoyg.png

Respective Animal: deer
Full Name: Moki Shokanon
Used Name: Moki
Sexual Orientation: heterosexual
Personality: He is happy-go-lucky and kind of naive. His behaviour and his actions would suggest that he is younger than his age. But in truth he is actually quite smart but he doesn't use it. He also likes to decorate his horns because they are small and boring according to him.
Background: He truly lives in the moment. If he does any mischief he will forget it moments later. He also doesn't think of the future and thus doesn't think about his action. The only thing he remembers is that he lives with his cousins and uncle and aunt together. He doesn't know where his parents are and denies the existence of hunters.

e1c326958a627c6a69c69110e1ea5e90-d4d8l45.png

Respective Animal: human
Full Name: Cain Wyler
Used Name: Cain
Sexual Orientation: asexual (not aromantic)
Personality: He is calm and rational but doesn't show many emotions. He looks caring and supportive to anyone who asks him to. But on the other hand he can be very cruel when needed.
Background: Cain was trained from very young to be a hunter by his father and family. This gave him the skills to hunt from early on. He just, doesn't really put it to the test. Often he can be found lazing about in his house reading some books. The house stands very close to the forest, almost as if he lives there. Dobutsu often try to chase him away only for him to get back later without remorse. At the moment he only hunts when he needs the money made from ichor or when someone asks to team up. Otherwise he stays peacefully in his little house together with Uriel. Uriel is an Ichor filled cat that he keeps as a pet. He once found it in the forest and decided to keep it. If you ask the reason why he keeps it instead of selling, he will say because of the eyes. (Uriel is a very friendly cat that cuddles anyone that comes through the door)

[bg=white]

c3eb2c03c1764a36db57f0d111d75519.jpg

→ ... " G R I N N I N G ... AN ACT OF I N T I M I D A T I O N . "

Respective Animal: Crow
Full Name: Yatagarasu, Midori
Used Name: Midori
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual. Male or female, within the gender binary or not--It doesn't matter to the Crow. He tends to cope around with others regardless.
Personality: Midori is often kind, careful, and very friendly. His charming behavior is what lures people into him and thus he is quite the people-person to be around. He has a strong sense of justice, But there are times though, when he can be cruel -while being all heroic-. And by cruel--Its literally almost a part of one of his traits. He is most often feared if angered--and actually can tolerate some things while there are other things he will simply not allow so easily. He is literally a mixture of good, and bad but he's overall on the side of good to be honest despite his other cruel behavior of depicting a different sense of good and bad yet keeping proper morals. He happens to be devious to his enemies here and there too but over all he is not a dark person--So rest assured he's balanced. 50% good, 50% mischievous. He also bares a lot of wit, and will often be sarcastic, and snide when he has the chance while his smile glows warmly in the sun. The male is very protective and defensive about those he really cares about, and another born trait he held was always being shrouded by mystery. Midori was always the secretive type, talkative and a loving people-person yes--But you could just sense when he avoided things smoothly which he will blatantly yet politely end the topic and change it in order to keep his secretive parts. Since he's a people-person he always had a way with words and thus aged into a suave man. It is unclear weather he truly is benevolent or malevolent, but he claims to be neutral.
Background:
[spacer]When Midori was born, His father was a large white Crow {a very rare color as Crow's are known to be jet black}, and his mother was a Human. In a way, his family are known amongst the dobutsus as one of the high class family but also infamous. Because Midori's mother was human--hailing from a family of hunters. They were prudish, and classy people--But very lenient and half the times paid no mind to their status. Forming bonds and keeping them was what they cherished most -some would say surprisingly-. When Midori, their only child was born the parents rejoiced in happiness and named him 'Midori Yatagarasu' a name with a big meaning. For one thing he was well known for his Emerald eyes, Thus 'Midori' which was often a girl's name -but was a unisex name- was his given name. It simply meant 'Green'. Then he took on features of the crow, so 'Yatagarasu' seemed fitting to be his surname (meaning will be given later). Seeing as his Dobutsu-Crow DNA was mixed with his Human DNA--He lived a fairly trickier life. But to put it simply his Dobutsu-DNA was more dominant than his Human DNA.[/spacer][spacer]Growing up Midori was exposed to other dobutsu creatures--Even plain humans once in a while due to his mother and her family having a reputation of being skilled hunters. The reason why he was exposed to humans was because his father had the ability to temporarily hide away his features -but not for very long- and thus they had an easy life within the dobutsu world and the human world. However Midori was a late bloomer of this ability--Since his DNA was in a way unstable--he was fairly vulnerable. A simple sneeze turned him into a crow, Whenever he experienced a powerful emotion as a child (like throwing temper tantrums) he would become partial-crow or a full crow, and etc. It was very hard for his mother to keep up and try to hide his bird-like features and occasional squawking. Even hard to tell what to do if he was sick if Midori's father wasn't around. Does she take him to a human doctor since her son is part Human? Or the vet since he was a crow? It was quite troubling but she nonetheless dealt with it.[/spacer][spacer]As time progressed and Midori got older he learned how to control his unpredictable switch more. When he was 13 his parents began to get curious."Midori, Would you want to be a Dobutsu-Crow? Or a human when you grow up?" They asked. Midori took some time to ponder, and after a month and a half had decided he wanted to be a Crow--He felt more like a Crow than a Human. With this decision, his mother accepted understandably and he left with his father from then on, choosing the life of being a dobutsu. This caused a separation between his parents ; Because if Midori wanted this lifestyle he would have to abandon Human-life. It was frankly hard for a dobutsu to hide among humans anyways and understandable so the parents mutually broke it off and parted ways.[/spacer][spacer]As Midori grew and had gotten much older, learning from other Dobutsu's, observing the other creatures and such there were times when he occasionally went to the 'Human world' to see his mother. He certainly grew up already to be a handsome young man with manners. By seventeen he held a sort of aura of sophistication and high class around him, but some disliked him of course. Perhaps it was because he seemed better than everybody else, or some people were envious. Maybe it was how he sometimes spoke when he didn't mean to be rude, etc. Either way he tolerated it. Midori built up a secret reputation himself when he slept around with many others. Both dobutsu's and Humans -of any gender or reputation-. This act was of course frowned upon, even his father agreed as well. It was fine to have affairs with dobutsu's--But revealing yourself to handfuls of Humans was reckless enough. Midori simply didn't learn his lesson, and in his lifetime fell in love with 2 Humans at different times.[/spacer][spacer]Midori's first lover was actually a male. But they were forced to break it when the relationship was found out by the male's family, and thus he was ordered to annihilate Midori. But in the end, he could not bring himself to do such a thing and he was considered to be the black sheep, before he himself was annihilated instead, by his own blood. [/spacer][spacer]Then came Midori's second chance at love which was almost permanent. She too, was completely Human but this one wasn't related to any hunters of any kind. Midori met her in a library, and it was apparent that the girl always noticed him. He sat at certain areas, secluded himself away from people, etc. He was a young man, who had people of all sorts fawn for him--Yet why did they not go up to him? He was quite repulsive in a way, and this human girl broke everything, and built up the courage to sit with him. But she wasn't direct. Slowly she would sit a distance away from him before gradually becoming closer to him in person. As if Midori accepted her ; and her curiosity. Eventually Midori sat at a table--empty as others whispered about his looks and the girl had nervously taken a seat across from him. It was awkward from her point of view--Was Midori even aware of her existence? With one simple glance, he flicked his green eyes at her and gave her a smile."Hello, I'm Midori Yatagarasu. You're a brave rabbit." from then on they just started bonding.[/spacer][spacer]No one believed it. She was a meek female, but gradually became more social while still being pure and kind to others. Then there was noble Midori. He could have any women Doubts or not, but chose a meek and fragile Human girl. Nonetheless he ignored the opinions of the Dobutsu and revealed to the girl that he was indeed one himself, a Crow. She didn't panic--She loved him the same way. And after a few short years it is believed that Midori had kids with her--two kids. One boy and one girl. In fact, these two kids were twins--But it was never confirmed and often debated on. Midori and his almost-wife had to part ways similar to his parents, and she took the kids with her--Occasionally visiting his kids. However now she's no where to be found--She simply disappeared with them.[/spacer][spacer][/spacer]
Appearance: Midori is quite tall he's 6"0 and holds distinct facial features--often the key to his looks. He has his alluring green eyes, and then that beauty mark located below his lips on the left side of his face. He's often seen wearing dark clothes that are light and seem airy--But half the times, he prefers to be in his partial-dobutsu form. In which he has large Black wings that seem tainted in white looking like white splatters from the bottom. He usually uses his wings as a sort of substitute cloak, it covers his whole body with the exception of his ankles down being revealed or so. His wings appear fragile and limp--when in actuality they aren't, he just makes it limp like a feathered cloak around his being. Sometimes his wings will be edged at the top heavily with feathers that act as a mane too, or he just kinda transforms his neck and shoulder area into a mane of feathers. There are times where he will even turn his hand and arms to take on a more Crow-like appearance, such as having claws and making it toned black with some feathers. If he isn't in this form, he simply wears around a coat with him, which he sewed along the collared part with his own plucked feathers. You will find that if offended or feeling the need to be defensive without violence--His green eyes take on a more crow-like appearance as well. The white part becoming black but his eyes remaining green.
[spoili]
Made the collage. c: TOOK SOME TIME FINDING AND CROPPING THINGS.
2je1noj.png
[/spoili]

Other:
∴ While 'Midori' means 'Green' or in some translations, 'beautiful bird', his last name 'Yatagarasu' makes up his reputation of being seen as 'nobility' as in folklore and various myths, Yatagarasu is a three legged crow believed to inhabit and represent the sun. In some cultures it is a symbol of rebirth and rejuvenation, as well as a symbol of guidance.

30svus4.png

[/bg]

All accepted

20131230184145_maM4W.thumb.700_0.jpeg

Respective Animal:
The Raven

Full Name:
Harrison Revetrois

Used Name:
Harris

Sexual Orientation:
Demisexual, Straight. (Only really becomes attracted once he spends a lot of time with someone.)

Personality:
Harrison is often lost in thought and is always trying to figure out how something works and why. He is always fascinated by new things and studying the old. He prefers to have at least one person to talk to or just have in the same general area as him. Loneliness is something Harris hates, so he'll try to make friends with anyone he can (except humans of course.) Despite always wanting someone there, Harris is very soft spoken and only really talks when he sees fit. He'll try to act like a big brother figure, or son depending on the age of the person, and try to keep everyone positive even if it means making himself sad. He's not one for violence and will often try to stop any of it. Despite his peaceful nature, he's rather protective of those he's come to know. This does not mean he will kill a threat to them, but rather get them away from the threat altogether. (This makes him excel at anything involving stealth... Also because he's primarily black and can hide in darkness... Wooooo...) He loves warmth. He adores literature and is almost always reading.

Background:
Harrison was born into a loving family, in a sort of small Dobutsu village in England (He has a rather thick English accent). His parents were both bird hybrids of a sort. His mother was caring and very spunky for a mother. His father was the ideal protective and knowledgeable father who would often do things with his son that he wouldn't want his wife to know about. Harris was taught by his father and he adapted a love of literature. He always had one parent by his side and wasn't one to make friends easily. He had very few friends and that suited him just fine. Around the time Harris started his teenage years, his village was besieged by greedy humans. Harris and his family were able to escape just fine, but the thing that frightened Harrison the most was when he watched his father kill a human during the attack. It mortified Harris. Suddenly the somewhat social and parent loving boy turned into a complete introvert.

The whole ordeal hung over Harris like a dark cloud, and still continues to do so, with time barely making things better. Eventually Harrison couldn't see his father the same way. Harris knew his father wasn't a bloodthirsty killer, but his father still had the morality to outright murder a human in front of his own son... It was all in defense, but it wasn't any less awful to Harrison. Eventually he had left home in search for a new one. It took almost a year to find the forest. It was an ever present topic in Harrison's old village, often being called a myth or something else of such stupidity. After spending a year alone, Harrison finally dawned upon how much he wanted someone to talk to or read with. He hated being alone, and the forest was inhabited by such polite and welcoming Doutsu's. It was more than obvious that Harrison decided to take up home in the forest. He had been living there ever since.

(Do indeed let me know if something is off, doesn't make sense, is stupid, or could be elaborated upon/changed. Literally anyone. Not just the mods.)

20131230184145_maM4W.thumb.700_0.jpeg

Respective Animal:
The Raven

Full Name:
Harrison Revetrois

Used Name:
Harris

Sexual Orientation:
Demisexual, Straight. (Only really becomes attracted once he spends a lot of time with someone.)

Personality:
Harrison is often lost in thought and is always trying to figure out how something works and why. He is always fascinated by new things and studying the old. He prefers to have at least one person to talk to or just have in the same general area as him. Loneliness is something Harris hates, so he'll try to make friends with anyone he can (except humans of course.) Despite always wanting someone there, Harris is very soft spoken and only really talks when he sees fit. He'll try to act like a big brother figure, or son depending on the age of the person, and try to keep everyone positive even if it means making himself sad. He's not one for violence and will often try to stop any of it. Despite his peaceful nature, he's rather protective of those he's come to know. This does not mean he will kill a threat to them, but rather get them away from the threat altogether. (This makes him excel at anything involving stealth... Also because he's primarily black and can hide in darkness... Wooooo...)

Background:
Harrison was born into a loving family, in a sort of small Dobutsu village in France (He has a rather thick french accent). His parents were both bird hybrids of a sort. His mother was caring and very spunky for a mother. His father was the ideal protective and knowledgeable father who would often do things with his son that he wouldn't want his wife to know about. Harris was taught by his father and he adapted a love of literature. He always had one parent by his side and wasn't one to make friends easily. He had very few friends and that suited him just fine. Around the time Harris started his teenage years, his village was besieged by greedy humans. Harris and his family were able to escape just fine, but the thing that frightened Harrison the most was when he watched his father kill a human during the attack. It mortified Harris. Suddenly the somewhat social and parent loving boy turned into a complete introvert.

The whole ordeal hung over Harris like a dark cloud, and still continues to do so, with time barely making things better. Eventually Harrison couldn't see his father the same way. Harris knew his father wasn't a bloodthirsty killer, but his father still had the morality to outright murder a human in front of his own son... It was all in defense, but it wasn't any less awful to Harrison. Eventually he had left home in search for a new one. It took almost a year to find the forest. It was an ever present topic in Harrison's old village, often being called a myth or something else of such stupidity. After spending a year alone, Harrison finally dawned upon how much he wanted someone to talk to or read with. He hated being alone, and the forest was inhabited by such polite and welcoming Doutsu's. It was more than obvious that Harrison decided to take up home in the forest. He had been living there ever since.

(Do indeed let me know if something is off, doesn't make sense, is stupid, or could be elaborated upon/changed. Literally anyone. Not just the mods.)
accepted

The entire point of the hunters is that they're NOT animals... They hunt the dobutsu to extract the crystals from their bodies. If your character was a dobutsu AND a hunter, they'd have been killed by the other hunters already.
Oh, sorry about that! I misinterpreted the "occasionally humans" part and now I feel completely dumb :duh:. I'll just stick to dobutsu then.

[WIP]

[fieldbox="Shiori Ishimoto, goldenrod, dashed, 5"]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Respective Animal: Reindeer[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Full Name: Shiori Ishimoto[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Used Name: Ori[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 23[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Female[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sexual Orientation: Bisexual[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality: Like her species in most situations, Ori is very timid and quiet, making her hard to approach at times. She remains reclusive most of the times and only ever comes out of her little cave at the edge of the forest once in a while. However, when angered, she will tend to be more aggressive, but will try to avoid the situation if possible. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Background: Ori woke up in the dark, dank cave she called home for years without anyone at her side. Crying her eyes out, she alerted some of the dobutsu outside of the cave and attracted a mother wolf (okami). Since then, she was raised by the wolf and became close to her new mother until one day she disappeared as well. She never found out what happened to any of her guardians and the reason why she was in a forest to begin with. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ori eventually learned how to adjust to the warmer climate of the forest, but doesn't often venture out unless necessary. Although, her hair color did start to get lighter as the summer sun beat down on her as many dobutsu, curious about her strange antlers that were unlike the normal deer, would drag her around and try to befriend her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]t the age of sixteen, however, the forest was burned down by a group of hunters and she was forced to escape. Running for miles and miles, she stumbled into the Forest of Hevandale and has lived there ever since. She found it strange when the plants she ate there were oddly more revitalizing. Not only that, she felt as if she could run faster and longer than before without taking a break in between. She made a friend here and there, too, but remained mostly in solitude in her new home in the forest. [/BCOLOR]
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
@DANAsaur I read your post but, who the hell is Crysha? Your character is named Umiko. Maybe you mixed some up from other RPs? XD

Few things I want to say. 1: post looks maybe long for some but it's just an alinea per character ^^
2: I will put all the names of the characters from this RP in my Signature for easy finding for the people who have trouble remembering who everybody is. (At least I'm forgetfull enough for it :P ) I put creator name/ name character/ kind of animal of hunter plus a link.
3: What time of day is it? Just so we start on equal footing. ^^

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
@DANAsaur I read your post but, who the hell is Crysha? Your character is named Umiko. Maybe you mixed some up from other RPs? XD

Few things I want to say. 1: post looks maybe long for some but it's just an alinea per character ^^
2: I will put all the names of the characters from this RP in my Signature for easy finding for the people who have trouble remembering who everybody is. (At least I'm forgetfull enough for it :P ) I put creator name/ name character/ kind of animal of hunter plus a link.
3: What time of day is it? Just so we start on equal footing. ^^
Oh gosh.. Chrysa was the original name of the jellyfish character but changed it to Umiko hahaha sorry bout that. I'm gonna fix it right away~

tumblr_n1bnl7Z2Zt1ri9w9zo1_500.gif

Haven't looked at any CS's, but @loviebeest Thanks for even including me into the list!
Can't wait to introduce Midori >:} After i'm done with his CS of course.
Also, I recognize a few of you i've role-played with in the past. Just can't remember what rp xD

tumblr_n1bnl7Z2Zt1ri9w9zo1_500.gif

Haven't looked at any CS's, but @loviebeest Thanks for even including me into the list!
Can't wait to introduce Midori >:} After i'm done with his CS of course.
Also, I recognize a few of you i've role-played with in the past. Just can't remember what rp xD
I had all the information I needed so of course I added you ^^ I also don't know if I'm one of those people you RPed with. I'm sometimes gone for a long time from this site but I never change my name so that's one thing. Btw I do recognize yours, can't check of you privaty settings though.

@DANAsaur Not that big of a deal, was just wondering :)

@loviebeest Your name is familiar... And to be honest I forgot my profile was only open to the people I follow only xD Sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.