Forest Lake Academy for the Gifted [OOC/SignUps]

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Heavenly

Original poster
Welcome To Forest Lake Academy!!

Lake_Forest_Academy_in_Lake_Forest_IL_103660.jpg

Hello and welcome to Forest Lake Academy, a place where the gifted are sent for school. The academy is two stories high. On the lower story contains all the classrooms, the cafeteria, the library, the clinic, the auditorium, and the gymnasium. Upstairs holds the bedrooms, one side being for the females, and the other being for the males. We ask the females room with the female and the males with the males, no mixed gender rooms and everyone must have a roommate, no exceptions. Outside on the left side of the building is the football field, which also is the baseball field. On the other side is the track field and behind the school is the lake it's known for, surrounded by miles and miles of trees, also what the academy is known for. Hence the name, Forest Lake.

A brick path leads up to the school, cars aren't allowed. They are to park at the gate at the end of the brick pathway and you are asked to walk the rest of the way, which is only half a mile long. The gates are black iron and very well maintained. At the end stands two men who guards the school from people who are looking to hurt these gifted students.

Now, that you've read the introduction for the Academy, let's move on, shall we?

-Headmaster.

Rules & Requirements

∇ Follow all Iwaku rules.
∇ This isn't 18+. so keep the romantic scenes PG-13 and not R.
∇ I don't mind having homosexuals characters join.
∇ Please no controlling characters that are not your own. This is rude and just very disrespectful.
∇ When making your character sheets, I would prefer if you used realistic images. Not a fan of anime.
∇ Before we begin, I'd like to have an even number of females and males, for romantic interests.
∇ You are allowed up to 4 characters, but they can't be all females or all males, mix it up.
∇ No one here is God, you're not invincible, so please don't think you are.
∇ If you're going to be gone more then 2 days, let us know. If you're gone more then a week I'm going to assume you're done with the RP and you'll be kicked out. If you want back in, you'd have to really convince me you're serious.
∇ Please be active. You don't have to post 20 replies a day, but 1-3 per day would be nice to keep things moving along.
∇ As of right now, this is infinitely open, so don't ask to reserve a spot because there won't be a spot to reserve! :D
∇ My most important rule- have fun!

Classes

Mathematics ⇒ 8:00-9:00
Science ⇒ 9:05-9:40
First Break ⇒ 9:45-10:00
Elective ⇒ 10:00-11:00
Lunch ⇒ 11:00-12:00
History ⇒ 12:05-1:00
Elective ⇒ 1:05-2:00
Second Break ⇒ 2:00-2:15
English ⇒ 2:15-3:00

Electives

∇ Gym [this includes sports, weight training, or anything to do there]
∇ Art [this includes any artistic ability; dancing, choir, painting, etc.]
∇ Home Economics [cooking or anything to do with at home care.]
∇ Shop [woodmaking, mechanics, etc.]
∇ Band [this can also include choir.]
∇ Journalism.

When doing your schedule, you can switch the classes up and pick any elective you wish to have! :D

Character Sheet

Code:
[fieldset=CHARACTER NAME, COLOR][imga=left]REALISTIC IMAGE HERE[/imga][b]Name:[/b] FULL NAME HERE
[b]Nickname:[/b] WHAT YOU'LL GO BY
[b]Age:[/b] 16-18
[b]GENDER:
Physical Appearence:[/b] TATTOOS, PIERCINGS, SCARS. ECT.
[b]Personality:[/b] AT LEAST PARAGRAPH
[b]History[/b] AT LEAST PARAGRAPH
[b]Gift:[/b] CAN BE ANYTHING
[b]Sexual Preference:[/b] ARE YOU INTO MALES OR FEMALES?

[b]Classes:[/b]
PUT YOUR SCHEDULE HERE.
[b]Additional Information:[/b] ANYTHING ELSE?[/fieldset]

Accepted Characters

∇ Eloise Birmingham & Christopher Cunning || Heavenly (WIP)
∇ Elizabeth Raina || White -- Chocolate
∇ Hannah Michelle & Andy Michelle || Casuna
∇ Alexa Jayden "AJ" Ortiz & Seth Jacob Wright || Little_Ghost98
∇ Lucia Nicola Armani || Whisper (WIP)
∇ George Sherman Williams || Kitsune (WIP)

Alright, that's it as far as I can tell! Thank you and I'm looking forward to reading through your characters!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
This sounds sooo interesting! xD

I'm in the middle of making my character and all ... and I'm just wondering where yours was @Heavenly ? Just so I know what I'm working with and all, because with 'gift' would you mean something like a supernatural power? Just enhanced ability, like super photographic memory, or faster than average people kind of gift?

hay my friend neko was looking for some thing like this but i had a devilish thought about our charcter would mind if i pm you about it

I'm in the middle of making my character and all ... and I'm just wondering where yours was @Heavenly ? Just so I know what I'm working with and all, because with 'gift' would you mean something like a supernatural power? Just enhanced ability, like super photographic memory, or faster than average people kind of gift?
i dont mean to self advertise but if you are looking for an rp similar to those guidelines ive got one runing that needs people

Reactions: Collapse
@White -- Chocolate :: I've been busy and haven't got around to making her! Yes supernatural, but nothing very extreme or something like a prodigy like in something in the arts, or sports, or anything. I'll leave it up to you.

@QuestingForCheese :: You can make your character any way you would like!

Reactions: Collapse

Elizabeth, crimson
Name: Elizabeth Raina

Nickname: Beth or Eli
Physical Appearance: + Both of her ears are pierced +5'5 tall +B Cup? Average sized bust?

Personality: Elizabeth is a friendly person. She likes to hang around crowds, and is generally comforted by the presences of other people. She is a great listener, and will always try to find the words that you need to hear. Elizabeth just wants to have friends, or at least people who like her somewhat. She will be kind, warm, but fear not - she will not chase you down if you show no interest in talking to her - she knows when to leave you alone. She rarely loses her temper, she will not resort to petty childishness, but when she's with people that she can trust, she will truly be free and go wild.

History: As a child, Elizabeth's parents were very loving. They were good people, with a good head on their shoulders. They taught and brought their daughter up with utmost care, sternly, and as much love as they could. Seeing how her parents could brush away every 'evil' and 'bad monster' in the world, Elizabeth was determined to do the same in her life. At school, when she was bullied and shunned, she would always run back home with a smile on her face - just for her parents. However, as she reached her sixth birthday, the stress, the heart break, and the bullying seemed to be taking a toll on her young head. In a fit of tears, Elizabeth managed to discover her gift: manipulating the senses. Or in basic English: Casting Illusions. In her most lonely state, Elizabeth conjured up imaginary friends of her own, tricking her young self that she was in fact not alone.

Growing up, she realized soon that this was not normal. No other child had this particular ability. Panicking, she ran to her parents, informing them of this ... sharing the hidden information she had kept away from them as well. Upon her request and her parents' guilt, they agreed and arranged for Elizabeth to go to Forest Lake Academy, where they all hoped that she would find it a place where she can connect with (real) people once more.

Gift: Manipulating the Senses A.K.A Casting Illusions
Sexual Preference: Ladies! *Lesbian*

Classes:

Art (Visual Art)⇒ 10:00-11:00
Band (Music Ensemble)⇒ 1:05-2:00
Additional Information: Elizabeth knew she wasn't exactly straight in 6th grade, while she hasn't said a word of it to her parents, she suspects that they already know ... somehow. She loves plushies. Of all things.

FULL NAME- Hannah Michelle
Nickname- michelle
Physical Appearence:
tumblr_mjo6dt2DAY1ru8o0po1_500.jpg

Personality: Hannah is very outgoing and will do anything to make anybody smile no matter what she has to do even if she has to make a complete fool of her self. She is also very hard headed when she believes in something that she is passionate about. She is also very passionate and loyal to those that she is friends with and will always offer a helping hand to those that she thinks needs the extra support in there life.
History: Hannah grew up with 7 brothers and a father and no mom. Her mom left her right after she was born because she didn't want a daughter. Hannah had to raise herself and her brothers while dealing with an abusive drunk father who held a grudge against her because of her mothers death. She got into a peer mentoring program at a very early age and found her calling. She worked with at risk children and helped a majority of them with problems. She then found her love for sports and was never home because we was always out doing something. This caused a bad relationship between her and her family but she is working hard to make things right again.
Gift: mind reader
Sexual Preference: Shes into male

Classes:

science
break
history
gym
lunch
english
math
break
home econ
Additional Information: shes deaf and can read lips

FULL NAME: Andy michelle
Nickname: Andy
Physical Appearence:
778045_1311040350188_full.jpg

Personality: Andy is very carrying and sweet to those around him hes a lot like his twin sister when it comes to personality. The only difference is that he is more aggressive towards people he doesn't like and towards those that make fun of his sister because shes deaf. He is also very blunt when he talks and dosn't take kindly to lier's. If he thinks you are lying to him then he will tell you strait up. He is also very funny during the worst times. When he feels like something is awkward he tries to make things better but usually makes them worse.
History: He grew up much like his sister but had a much better relationship with his brothers than Hannah does he got into sports at a very early age and bonded with his brothers over team sports. He found out that his sister was deaf at a very early age and wanted to help her the best he can. He fond his passion for sports and helping others from then on out.
Gift: He is extremely strong
Sexual Preference: Into guys
Classes:
PUT YOUR SCHEDULE HERE.
science
break
history
gym
lunch
english
math
break
gym

Additional Information: he translates for his sister

Reactions: Whisper
tumblr_myg6mc3rvk1qbsbwoo1_500-1-jpg.51804

Name: Alexa Jayden "AJ" Ortiz

Nickname: Alex or AJ

Sexuality: Lesbian

Personality: Alexa is very shy but she doesn't let that stop her from doing what she loves and meeting new people. She's very introvert when she first meets someone, but when she warms up to someone she gets easier to be around and is kind of crazy. She has always been one to finish what she starts and get done what she needs to so she can do what she wants. AJ is a very determined girl and has been for a while. She cares about a lot of things, especially animals and the people she loves and she's very stubborn. She is perceived as very confident, while in reality she is rather insecure about herself. Alexa is also very optimistic and will try to see the good in every situation. Her favorite things to do in her spare time is listen to music, play guitar and write.

History: Alex came from a very crazy family with two sisters, a step-sister and a biological sister, one mom named Katherine and three dads named Joseph, Matthew and Ron. (Joseph and Matthew are homosexual). Her biological father Matthew married her mother at a young age to appease his family who did not know about his sexuality. He and her mother Katherine divorced after Alexa and her younger sister were born. AJ came out to her parents at the age of 13 and was often teased at school for liking girls. At a young age, she was molested and raped by her uncle, leading to her trust issues and cautiousness around men. During her second semester of 8th grade, she was admitted into the hospitals psychiatric center for attempting suicide. At the age of 14 she discovered her gift of animal mimimicry while playing hide and seek in the woods with her sisters. Considering that she was in an abusive relationship for a year and a half, she feels like she is incapable of being loved and feels like it was her fault that her ex-girlfriend abused her.

Gift: Animal Mimicry- Ability to take on the abilities of certain animals and sometimes even their forms

Additional Information: Alexa often gets mistaken for a guy considering her style is more tomboyish and she has small breasts. She has tourette syndrome, problems with letting people in, and bottles up her emotions a lot.

Schedule:

Choir ⇒ 10:00-11:00
Ceramics⇒ 1:05-2:00

10841277_1570112149870060_1352433758_n.jpg

Name: Seth Jacob Wright

Nickname: Jake or Bear

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Seth is very shy but outgoing when it comes to trying new things. He is slightly introvert, but tries to befriend people as much as he can. He can be a little cocky at times, but tries to keep it at a minimum. Considering he did not have a stable parental figure growing up, he is a bit off the wall and tends to push those he loves away.
History:
Seth grew up in a small but happy home. But as time went on and the pay for his parents gradually increased, they started working to earn more, and leaving him alone more often. Since then, he lost parental support and since they where always too busy and
stressed to see anything, he started experimenting with different things, such as men/women, drugs, alcohol etc.. As he got older and reached his teens, he started to express himself in different ways, i.e. poetry, writing, guitar. His father owned a law firm and his mother a top rated neurosurgeon, so most of the time his parents were away from home. He took this as a sign to express himself even more so he stretched his ears, and got a tattoo of an eagle on his left peck.

Gift: Invisibility

Additional Information: He realized he was into men and women at the age of 13 when he was kissed by his best friend Luke at school. He is dyslexic

Schedule:

Woodshop ⇒ 10:00-11:00
Band ⇒ 1:05-2:00

Last edited:
Everybody is accepted and I like everyone!!! :D I'll have my characters up a little bit later tonight or in the morning.

Student ID
image.jpg

Name:
Lucia Nicola Armani
Nickname:
Luci, Nickki, Doll Face
Physical Appearence:
5' 4", blonde shoulder length hair, bright blue eyes, and tan skin. She has a petite body frame but a moderately big chest. She has a belly button piercing and has single piercings in each of her ears. She has a small lotus flower tattoo on her stomach as well. Lucia seems a bit delicate but she's actually more athletic than she seems.
Personality:
Lucia is a childish, cheerful, somewhat clumsy, indiviual who is always active and full of energy. Lucia loves making new friends and will always dive into conversation. She's also the same person who may shock the hell out of you when you see her flying down the street on a motorcycle. Her appearance makes her seem like a complete girly-girl but in fact she's a bit boyish as well. Lucia try's to get along with everyone, but when she's not on the best terms with someone, or if someone continues to pick on her and any one of her friends, she'll unleash a side no one would ever think she had.
History:
She was born in Brooklyn New York to an Italian family. Her mother was the sister to the head of the mafia, her mother and uncle were always close making Lucia always near when the mafia makes someone magically "disappear." She was use to it, and so she thought of it as nothing, that is until her best friends father was shot by her family. Lucia lost a lot of trust in her family that day, as she lost her best friend since diapers. As for anything else, it'll be revealed.
Gift:
Singing and writing music.
Sexual Preference:
Demi.
Schedule
Classes:
Gym ⇒ 10:00-11:00
Art ⇒ 1:05-2:00

Additional Information:
Lucia's pretty good at cooking, and she lives alone now. Every once in a while her mother and father will come for a visit but most of the time they'll keep their distance and call her daily. They do this to prevent sucking her back into a world of death and crime until she's ready to accept it and choose to live that life. Anything else will be revealed.

Awesome. :) Can't wait to see the rest of her!

Just a heads up. If this involves powers, this should be moved to the modern fantasy forum because there's supernatural elements present within this universe.

Georgie, Olive
tumblr_l6l7wzlV3b1qbb74ho1_500_large.jpg

Name:
George Sherman Williams

Nickname:
Georgie

Physical Appearance:
Height: 5'5"
Body Structure: Slender, Petite
Tattoos: Has one above his chest, but below his collar bones. Says 'Hakuna Matata'. Another one on his back. Angel wings.
Piercings: One in his right ear and a nose ring
Skin Complexion: Light
Eye Color: Oceanic blue with a gold ring around the pupil

Personality:
The phrase 'looks can be deceiving' sums up George perfectly. At first glance, one may think that he was nothing but trouble, think that he was a delinquent, which is all inaccurate assumptions. George is a very interesting character. He's like an adorable puppy; energetic, friendly, and cuddly. He can be quite shy around strangers, but, once he gets comfortable, he's open and sticking by that person's side. The teen is very loyal to his friends, no matter what. He will love and protect them at all costs. If one were to bully them, he will stand up for them and go to all means to make sure that they're never messed with again. George is very open-minded and tranquil. He's always up for new things and, sometimes, you can find him perched in a tree, relaxing. He's just an overall good kid.

History:
George grew up with his parents and his two younger sisters. He would help his parents out a lot with his younger sisters, Amber and Amy, which made it seem like there was three parents instead of two. His parents were very grateful for his help and he was happy to help himself. Life was good. At the age of 14, the first signs of his powers began to appear. He would think of a place he'd like to be and would suddenly appear there in a few seconds flat. At first, it scared the hell out of him. He had confided in his parents his concerns about it. Surprisingly, they weren't as perplexed as he was. They told him that what he had was a gift, a blessing. He found out that he was teleporting. After a while, he got use to the idea and was able to gain control over his power so he wasn't randomly teleporting places.

Gift:
Teleportation

Sexual Preference:
Bisexual/Both

Classes:
Home Economics ⇒ 10:00-11:00
Art ⇒ 1:05-2:00

Additional Information:
None.

[Edit: Done!]

Reactions: Whisper
NEIL, red
Name: Neil Bryce Thompson

Nickname:Neil

Physical Appearance: Mostly, as seen in image. He's lean, and just shy of an average height. No tattoos or piercings; he has small, assorted scars from just being a person, but nothing of particular note.

Personality: Neil likes to put on a tough guy act. He acts as though nothing could bother him, when in truth, the opinions of others matters a lot to him. Despite putting on a demeanor that he doesn't care about school, or much of anything, he does study hard, and he won't get so carried away as to have a teacher call home. Neil gives off the vibe that he could, if not manage, certainly survive just about anything that life throws his way, and seems fearless.

HistoryEconomically speaking, Neil's family runs in the middle of the pack. His mother, a manager at a nearby bank, is a workaholic. This would leave the family well off, but with Neil, a younger brother and sister- twins, age 9- and their unemployed alcoholic father, they're only a good middle class. Though Neil's parents aren't divorced, or even separated, it feels like it; his mother is either asleep or at work, and their father is asleep, drinking, or angry if prevented from the other two. Neil, as a result, ended up taking care of his younger siblings a lot, until he was accepted into Forest Lake Academy.

Gift: Induces fear in others

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Classes:
Gym ⇒ 9:45-10:00
Woodshop ⇒ 1:05-2:00

Additional Information:--

ADALINE, purple
Name: Adaline Zoe Cisneros

Nickname: Adaline, Ada

Physical Appearence: As seen in image, mostly. She's a bit taller than average for a female, and her ears are pierced. She has no tattoos. She has little scars from normal wear and tear, but none of any particular note.

Personality: Adaline is polite, curious, and on the shyer side. She has trouble getting to know people, but enjoys their company after she's acquainted with them. She's the nervous sort, always worried about something, and quick to anger. She does her best to control her temper, and is otherwise fine company, but when she gets in a bad mood she'll stay there and take it out on every last annoyance.

History As an only child, Adaline was kind of spoiled during her early years. She was raised well, and taught to be respectful and polite, but she grew used to being the center of attention until she entered school. Adaline grew up with an easy, middle class life, and never had to deal with much tradgedy outside of cold Connecticut winters and going to school until late June. When Adaline discovered her ability to manipulate light in middle school, her parents did some reasearch and found Forest Lake Academy, and promptly sent her off.

Gift: Manipulation of light

Sexual Preference: Bisexual

Classes:
Art ⇒ 9:45-10:00
Choir ⇒ 1:05-2:00