Forbidden

[[A tad, yes.. XD]]

Kanna nodded a little to most of what he said, only really able to focus when he mentioned living on the edge of town. Really? Well that was interesting. She had been expecting him to say that he was from out of town and only here for the carnival or something since she never remembered any mention of a Brett before, and she had heard of nearly all the locals. Or so she had thought. This changed her thinking rapidly. She had been seriously contemplating biting him, but now she couldn't. If he was local, his family was too, which meant he couldn't just be magically missing from a trip. People would know who he was. Scenarios reeled through her mind in a horrific sequence. The logical half of her mind never once spoke up to remind her that she didn't need to kill to feed.

"No, I'm not okay," she whispered shakily, upset that Tavyn wasn't here the one time she could actually use his intervention. "It's alright, I'm sure it'll pass in a minute," she added, realizing that she couldn't really fake a flu or anything. She could feel that he was closer to her, the lure of his blood calling to her like a siren. Biting her lip harder, she trembled and shook her head. "Is there any chance you see Tavyn out there somewhere?" she asked softly, taking a step closer to him involuntarily as she continued fighting herself internally.

Brett was really starting to worry, Tavyn? That must be her brother, "no i don't see anyone." That was true though he didn't have to look, he couldn't smell anyone who was close. He closed the gap between them, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. "look you need to sit down, I'm going to go look for your brother ok?" He waited to see if she'd listen to him, she looked slightly delirious.

He suddenly felt that odd feeling he'd felt when he'd first met her, all to late his brain put things together. She was one of them, and right now she was probably trying not to bite him. That was a problem, as according to his family vampire bites were poisonous to werewolves. He didn't know if that was true, but he didn't really feel like testing out that theory. He removed his hand and took a slow step back, "I'm going to go now and get your brother before you bite me or someone else." He said calmly, and took another small step back.

When he touched her, she flinched and quickly wrapped her arms around her stomach as though it ached. She had to grab on to something or she'd be slamming him against the ground. Breathing shallowly, she nodded a little when he said he was going to look for Tavyn. Thank god. She suddenly got a very strange surprise when he mentioned biting, and she blinked a few times. He knew? How in the world could he possibly know what was wrong with her? She fell to her knees when he pulled his hand away, her body trembling as she whimpered softly. "Get out of here.. Find Tavyn.. Tell him I'm not going to make it.." she whispered desperately.

Tavyn had given up when Kanna ran, but he didn't have the heart to completely abandon her. Instead, he had gone to play some of the carnival games, giving her a few minutes to herself to cool off. He knew she'd come around on her own eventually. He shook his head and sighed, hurling another baseball at the stack of milk bottles and watching them tumble down.

((Sorry it took so long, but my life is hectic right now))

Brett swiftly turned and hurried out of the tent, he quickly scanned the crowd. He'd never find him this way, so he stepped to the edge of the crowd. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in, he had only met Tavyn once so he'd have to focus if he wanted to single out his scent. He got the faintest whiff of it and so he hurried towards it, he was worried Kanna would snap and really hurt someone. At last he spotted him over at one of the games, he walked up to him.

He causally stepped close to him, "hey Tavryn." He gestured over his shoulder with his head, "Kanna asked me to come get you she really needs you." He said calmly but his eyes were urgent, he didn't want to cause a scene. He started to turn away, "come on man she asked me to hurry up and get you ." He noticed a few guys looking at him oddly, he laughed and addressed them. "She got sick on the coaster, girls huh?" Thankfully they laughed along with him, so he started to lead the way back to Kanna. He occasionally glanced back over his shoulder, to make sure Tavyn was still following him.

When they arrived at the tent Brett turned to him, "in there mate." He then followed Tavyn in, keeping right back against the door though.

[No worries ^^]

Kanna gasped and braced herself on the ground with her hands, thankful that nobody had come in this tent yet. It seemed to be for of spare parts for rides or something, but it was mostly empty. She would have made a strange sight if anybody decided to wander in. A blind girl in a sundress on her hands and knees on the floor, looking like she might vomit any second. The problem was that puking was not her issue. She was listening to people as they walked by, but not to their voices. All she could hear was the rush of blood in their veins, the soft pumping of hearts. She groaned with a hungry desire, her hands shaking against the packed dirt as she struggled not to get up and reveal what she was to the entire town. Just one bite, she told herself. A tiny little sip and she'd be fine. She bit her lower lip so hard that it bled, which just fueled the fire. Blood from somebody else would taste so much better!

Tavyn turned when Brett stepped closer to him, his expression going from confusion to hatred almost immediately. He could sense what the other boy was, and he very nearly lashed out at him right there. What he wasn't expecting was to hear Kanna's name slip from Brett's lips. That was when he realized he recognized Brett from Kanna's little sneak-out trip. How had he not realized then what Brett was? Not that it mattered now. He frowned when Brett mentioned Kanna getting sick, then realized with a start what he actually meant. Instantly he ran after Brett, bursting into the tent where Kanna was reasoning with herself about why biting just one little person was a good idea. Her skin was a sickly pale color, her eyes cloudy and dim. She kept shaking, as if holding herself back, which of course she was.

"If you say one word about bringing this on myself, I will rip your head off," Kanna hissed as Tavyn walked over to her. She knew it was him from his scent and how he sighed at seeing her. "Fine, I won't say it. Obviously you know it anyway. What were you thinking?! This is a public place, you don't know what kind of things are all around you," he chided, glancing at Brett as he said it. As far as he was concerned, Brett was far too dangerous to just let Kanna be near. She had no idea what he was, and likely wouldn't unless somebody told her. Which, of course, he had no intention of doing. "Tavyn, can't I just have a nibble?" she whined, trying to stand. She didn't even get halfway before she collapsed in a shivering heap and Tavyn had to pick her up, cradling her against him. "Kanna.." he sighed, and she just whimpered, feeling like she was being ripped inside out with her need.