Forbidden Love of Another

She whimpered and wiped her face off again. "R-Really? But Charlotte is so pretty. Plus she at least gets to show off her body. Plus doesn't Isaac deserve someone better than me? I mean.... He is so sweet and the best person ever.... And I'm just some freak that came to this town two years ago..."

♦Ω♦ ISAAC HARRISON ♦Ω♦

"No, no. Shade, listen to me." James crouched down and looked Shade right in the eye. "Isaac literally only wants you. He told me, when you moved here, that he automatically liked you from the second he saw you. He's always loved you. Cue Whitney Houston."

Isaac approached Shade again, laying his head on her knees.

She looked at them and sighed. She pet Isaac's head and smiled softly. "Okay. Okay. I love you, Isaac. I'm sorry. I'm just scared you'll leave me for someone better. I'm sorry."

♦Ω♦ ISAAC HARRISON ♦Ω♦

Isaac threw his wolf body over Shade's legs, keeping her warm from the winter cold.

Isaac, Bella's going to want to take you to the Alpha.

Can she hear us?

No, I blocked her out of the channel.

Good. Tell Bella she can go fuck herself. How do you block people out?

It takes time and practice.

Teach me.

Fine.

Shade looked at him and smiled. "Come on, baby. Let's go back. Wanna ride, James?"she said as she held onto her boyfriend. She smiled and moved away from Isaac and stood up.

♦Ω♦ ISAAC HARRISON ♦Ω♦

As James was about to reply for Isaac, Brody stepped out of the trees, Bella closely behind him. Brody held a pile of black clothes.

"We would really like to let you two go," said Brody, "honestly, we would."

"But the Alpha really wants to see you two," said Bella.

Isaac growled. "No," snapped Bella. "Not that again."

Brody crossed to Isaac. He held out the pile of clothes. "Take these, go get dressed," he whispered. "Do it."

Isaac took the clothes in his mouth and ran behind a large tree. He quickly changed back into his human form and threw on the tank top, underwear and shorts without even noticing that the clothes were far to inappropriate for winter.

"What happens if we don't go?" he asked, putting one arm protectively around Shade. He specifically only addressed the boys.

"You'll get in trouble with the Alpha," answered Bella.

Shade held onto Isaac when he came back. She rested her head on his chest as she listened to them. "Babe you should probably do it." She looked at him and kissed his cheek. She didn't really want him to, but she was getting a bit annoyed by Brody and Bella.

♦Ω♦ ISAAC HARRISON ♦Ω♦

Isaac sighed. "Fine, let's get this shit over with," he said. He turned to Shade. "Baby, please go home and --"

"No," interrupted Brody. "The Alpha wants to see both of you."

"What?" snapped Isaac. "Why Shade?"

Brody shrugged. "I don't know."

"If you think I'm letting Shade go anywhere near -- "

"Isaac, shut up," said James. "Just listen for a minute. It is specifically against our laws to harm a human. If Shade goes there, she'll be surrounded by werewolves who literally believe it is their point in life to make sure she and every other human in this town stays alive. She'll be safer there than anywhere else in this town."

Isaac gritted his teeth. Still specifically avoiding Bella's eyes, he turned to Shade. "Do you want to go?"

"Umm.... Yeah... I'll go. Come on." She looked at him and hugged him. "I'll do anything to make sure you're okay. We're in this relationship together." She smiled and kissed his cheek.

♦Ω♦ ISAAC HARRISON ♦Ω♦

Bella scoffed under her breath at that last statement, before turning away and running into the woods.

"What the fuck is her problem?" Isaac snapped, to no one in particular.

"She either has bipolar or is permanently on her period," said Brody, rolling his eyes. "She has the biggest mood swings." With that, Brody also took off into the woods, running at full speed.

"Okay, looks like I'm leading you guys, because everyone else is a dick," said James. "You have to run. No offence, Shade, but you won't be able to keep up -- we run ridiculously fast even as humans. Isaac will have to carry you. Isaac, can you do that?"

Isaac scowled. "James, she only weighs, like fifty kilos."

"Oh, yeah, right. Sorry. Continue."

"I don't think I way that much... Do I?..."she said as she looked down at her body. She then looked at him and sighed. "Okay. Let's go."

♦Ω♦ ISAAC HARRISON ♦Ω♦

"Shade, fifty kilos is like nothing," he said. He picked Shade up and slung her over his back like a backpack. James shot off into the woods, and Isaac followed.

They ran ridiculously fast, weaving through the trees effortlessly. After a simple thirty-second run, they arrived at a huge manor in the middle of the woods.

Shade gasped and held onto him as he ran. Once they got to the mansion, she looked at him. "Where are we? And can you put me down now, baby?"

♦Ω♦ ISAAC HARRISON ♦Ω♦

"I have absolutely no idea where we are," said Isaac, letting go of Shade's legs and allowing her to stand. "Hey, James, where are we?"

"Headquarters," answered James. "The ones with no family -- Bella, Brody, a couple of others -- live here with the Alpha. Come on, let's go."

"Okay. Come on then, babe,"she said, looking at him and holding his hand. "Aren't you cold, babe?"

♦Ω♦ ISAAC HARRISON ♦Ω♦

Isaac held onto Shade's hand and followed James inside the house. "No, I'm not cold," he answered. "I don't feel temperature anymore."

The house was grand, a scrolled, beautiful staircase leading to the upper floors. People, all looking quite young, milled around. The woodsy wolf scent hit Isaac's nose like a ton of bricks; they were all werewolves. He could sense around twenty of them.

Bella came down the stairs. She had tied her hair into a ponytail and wore all black clothes. "You," she said, nodding to shade. "You have to tie your hair back to see the Alpha. It's our customs, don't ask me why. And you'll have to take your piercings out. You're already wearing black, so I guess that's good."

Isaac's piercings had fallen out when he transformed. He missed the metal.

"Okay." She took out her piercings and put her hair up with one of her bracelets. She looked between Bella and Isaac. She still felt pretty uncomfortable and just wanted to go back to Isaac's house and cuddle up with him and watch stupid chick flicks.

♦Ω♦ ISAAC HARRISON ♦Ω♦

Bella nodded. "Okay, good. Now, the rules."

"Bell ... maybe I should do it," said James. "They know me."

Bella glared at James. "I'm the beta. I'm in charge of all of you. I will tell them the rules."

James raised his hands in surrender. "Jesus, calm down."

Bella ignored him. "Rules. You don't talk to the Alpha unless you're spoken to. You don't talk to anyone until you're spoken to. Always look the Alpha directly in the eye. What the Alpha says goes -- the Alpha's word is final. Do you understand?"

"Yes," said Isaac, nodding. Isaac glanced at Shade.

"Yeah I understand." Shade looked at Isaac and bit her lip and held his hand tightly. "Okay. Now where is the Alpha? I'd like to meet him now."

♦Ω♦ ISAAC HARRISON ♦Ω♦

Bella scoffed and lead Isaac and Shade to the stairs. Instead of climbing them, she walked around and under them, opening a door under the stairs.

Bella lead Isaac and Shade through the door and down a short set of steps. They led to a spacious, open room, lit by candles. All the rugs, couches and tapestries were silver-coloured, as if they signified what the wolves couldn't touch.

One woman stood in the room. She was a head shorter than everyone else in the room, very slim and very, very beautiful. She had long blonde hair, a shade lighter than Bella's, tied back in a ponytail. Like Bella, she wore all black.

In fact, when Bella moved to stand by the woman's right side, Isaac realised that the two blondes looked almost exactly the same. This new woman was basically Bella's hotter, older sister.

"Isaac, Shade," said Bella. Her previous lovely, Texan accent returned. "Meet Izzy, my older sister and the Alpha of the pack."