For Your Outrage

Better practice your Canadian National Anthem, then. OH CANADA! WE STAND ON GUARD FOR THEE!!!

So...you take all the negative snips, without all the ones you have no problems with, and then all agree you got shafted?

Yeah, that sounds real honest there...

Reactions: 4 people
It's like a thousand pages! No one in congress is going to read it, so why should we have to? It's better to just complain.
That and I like Canada. You know, they say Canada is America's hat, but I disagree. I say we're Canada's pants. And Mexico is their shoes. And South America is something those shoes stepped in. (sorry Argentina)

Reactions: 1 person
What good? I'm opposed to this health care reform as a whole. I LIKE my health care. I like being able to CHOOSE my health care and not being told exactly how it's going to be. I also don't like the idea of being TAXED just because I LIKE having my option more than what the government has told me. The only good I can see is that it's going to make sure everyone is covered. That's dandy and everything except that by making sure everyone has health insurance it opens up a LOT of problems. Like the whole part of not having enough doctors so a lot of things are going to get overlooked.

If I have to go to the ER I don't want to be told to come back later because they're too busy. Which is a huge possibility given the circumstances.

I have a huge problem with the fact that my taxes all ready pay for illegal immigrant's children to go to school. To go to school WHERE IT IS HARDER for freaking CITIZENS to enroll than it is for ILLEGALS! NOW you're telling me I'm going to get taxed to pay for THEIR health care too!? And this is supposed to help bring the country out of debt?

The bill doesn't even cover children that aren't born yet. They forgot to include them. It going into effect means they get to tell you how you die. "You have cancer? Well we don't feel like covering your chemo." Yeah it can happen now with current coverage but it'll happen even more afterward.

I'd love to see the good. But after reading the bill myself and spending the time deciphering a lot of the doublespeak. I don't see any good anywhere near outweighing the bad in this bill. There are no snips of this bill I have no problem with. I have a problem with every part of it so far.

Don't most health insurance companies make money by NOT getting you the care you need, though? Doesn't it feel wrong that companies can thrive screwing people over?

Health insurance companies make money by paying for the cheapest practical health care (or a smaller portion of other health care.)

The way this bill is written, it will make HMOs look eligible for canonization.

I feel stupid because I have no idea what you just said.

Canonization means nomination for sainthood. HMOs are Health Maintenance Organizations, which basically means Health Insurance companies. Sort of.

HAY GAIS SECOND AMENDMENT LET'S GET THE MILITIA GOING AGIN! =DDD

I think the best way to sum it up is "nothing is free."

That said, the question I have is what did we give up to give health care to the masses, and upon answering that... was it worth it?

Technically, the National Guard is a "militia," although we all know that's basically bullshit.

The real big gear-grinder is, if I in fact attempted to create a militia as our fore fathers stated that I had the right to, I'd be labeled as some right-wing nut job and arrested, all of my assets seized, etc., etc..

It's actually quite infuriating.

This is true. To be fair though, most people who start militias ARE nutjobs and/or supremacists of some sort or other.

I love how this thread was started less than a week ago. Being a med student, I've been surrounded by this fiasco from the trenches for the last 9 months.

I'd love to hear your stance on the entirety of the situation.

Without going into any detail, I regret voting for Obama.

The detailed version would result in a tl;dr for many posters and I try to maintain an apolitical stance on the forums.

Interestingly enough I got free healthcare in the Navy.

Then again healthcare in the US Military involves getting motrin and being told to 'carry on smartly.'

Interestingly enough I got free healthcare in the Navy.

Then again healthcare in the US Military involves getting motrin and being told to 'carry on smartly.'

Me: "I've dislocated the SI Joint in my hip, the 1000mg of Ibuprofen I took isn't helping. I think we need to take further steps."

Dr: "So I'm going to prescribe you 800mg of Ibuprofen, do you think that will work for you?"

... True story.

Just like they didn't set a broken bone in someone else I knew for 3 days and ended up having to rebreak it.

:) And this is the civilian side of military health care. Yet I STILL like it better. lol