For What It's Worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comments on the security had her nodding in agreement. "I'll be running ahead to plant some controlled explosives that I'll activate after we escape. Should be able to avoid triggering any alarms, at least until I start infecting their database." This job was going to be tiring. Talking about it out loud had her remembering this. It was a good thing she had Warren here to help, otherwise she might not make it without some severe injuries. That is, if she didn't get killed instead.

His question was simple yet the answer was...complicated. While that wasn't an uncommon thing to be asked, it had been a while since someone cared enough to bring it up. There were personal details she didn't feel too comfortable with sharing, for fear he might suddenly change his mind and want to leave. "Things at home didn't work out. I had nowhere to belong, and I was nothing of value to those around me. I needed to find some way to fend for myself," she started with, making a glance over her shoulder before returning her sights to the path. They would be there soon. "Just seemed like this line of work was the only way my skills could be put to proper use. Turns out I'm very good at it, so I stuck with it. And the pay is good." Admittedly, she was motivated by the money. Not exactly was this a steady income but it provided enough that she could live comfortably.

"What of you?" Seemed polite to return the question. Mercenaries always had their reasons for doing what they did. She could admit to a genuine interest in the mechanical looking human, too.

"I am sorry to hear that, Ula. At least you made it this far. Speaking of which, would you rather have me cause the alarms and as they turn my way, they won't see you?"

Not that he was trying to avoid the question, but he wanted to make sure this gets done right. And if anyone should be shot at between the two, it should be him. If that was how it worked in online MMOs, why can't it work in actual mercenary work? But she did ask the question, in a very confined space. Somehow that would make it more awkward if he didn't answer at all.

"I got into this for...a lot of reasons." He continued looking at the data pad, growing curious about what other information this might have. As he began to flip through, Warren tried to find the right words to say. "When it comes right down to it, I enjoy putting my foot to the asses of those who have it coming. Though, if you don't mind, I would to spare any details for later. I don't want to get wrapped up in them. It's very distracting, you understand."

It was in that moment, he decided to get into other parts of the tablet. Minimizing the mission data, he decided to go straight to picture. Because, why not, that's why. Going into the app and brought up the software, Warren raised an eyebrow at what he found.

"Yes. That would be most helpful." That was a good suggestion. Ula had to remind herself that this Warren fellow could handle a few beatings. One of the main reasons she preferred to work alone was because she didn't want the partner in crime to get hurt. She could be considered cruel and heartless for many reasons, but her dangerous line of work endangering someone who didn't deserve that treatment wasn't something she was keen on.

Giving another glance, she noticed he was quite dedicated to studying the data in that device. She admired his thoroughness. You'd be surprised to hear how many cocky mercs she'd run into, with egos so large that it led them to making careless errors all because they thought themselves too good to follow instructions. Not that she considered herself the boss in this, she more saw it as an equal partnership where both of them had a say. But when it came to idiots, Ula was more likely to tap into that domineering bitch mode. "Of course. I understand," she answered him simply. The response he gave was enough, really. She wasn't the sort to go prodding someone for personal information. Ula took notice to him snooping in other areas of the tablet, too. There wasn't anything in there except work-related things, otherwise she might protest to the idea.

With the facility coming into her sights, she searched for a safe looking spot to park the vehicle so it could cloak and be here for them when they were ready to make haste. She took the opportunity to double check her equipment, seeing to the omni-tool on her arm and the twin pistols worn at her sides. Due to the brightness of her appearance, she covered up as much of it as she could with dark clothing since she shouldn't solely rely on her tech.

She turned in her seat to give him the full attention of her golden eyes, gesturing to the tablet he held with a nod. "Have you learned all there is to learn about our mission? Now is the time for questions if not."

Hm. All work images. Must keep her work and play separate then. Makes sense, since it keeps naughty people out of her business. Wait...yup. I am a naughty person.

In the meantime, he was checking his own gear. First and foremost, he checked his biotic implants and the respective amps. Next was his armor. He was going through this a lot quicker that he usually does, as Warren check it all before even meeting Ula. Then his pistol and and cocked his shotgun before loading it. Next were his little buddies, otherwise known as he biotic grenades. They all looked ready for some fun. A fight was coming, and his gear was certainly ready.

Not expecting her to turn in her seat, Warren grew wide eyed for just a moment. And in that split second her eyes held him in a trance before registering that she was motioning for the tablet. "Yes, all studied up, Ms. Teacher." He closed down the programs and shut down the tablet before handing it back, pretending like he wasn't just being nosy and possibly perverted. "Just one more thing." Holstering what he could while sitting down, the man leaned forward, cupped his hands, and closed his eyes. He did this before every battle, even if he sometimes had inner battle with his own faith. It was tradition for him. He was praying for strength to strike down these evil foes, among other things.

Though it wasn't showing on the surface, Ula was confused. Why was he giving her that wide eyed stare? Was she scary or weird looking in some way? Not that she had much time to analyze this discovery, seeing that they had a job to do. Only briefly did she smirk at being called 'Ms. Teacher,' then the Drell nodded. Aside from the name of Whisper, she didn't often hear nicknames of any kind.

"Do whatever you need to do," she insisted with a cold professionalism in her tone, dropping the illusion that she was a social charmer of sorts. With the gears in her head being reset for serious business, some of her truer personality was coming through. Not to say she was incapable of being playful and bubbly, but out here that just didn't exist for her.

For a moment she watched him get prepared, genuinely interested in the varied parts and weapons he had. The techie side of her wanted a closer look, which she of course was denying. For now, at least. Then she turned away, respectfully, so he could...say prayers?...in private. 'Huh. How 'bout that.' Truly he was an interesting fellow. Ula herself didn't follow such a path but she admired those who did albeit they didn't do it blindly.

The car was properly hidden with the cloaking device so they could be on their way. She stashed away her tablet for later use, in case they may need to refer to any guidelines. Her spine could be heard cracking with a grunt of relief to follow, having giving her back a good bend from side to side. Limberness was achieved through this and a bit of shaking to her arms, then legs. Before too long she was gesturing for him to follow so the infiltration could begin.

Warren could only smile and she was rather interested in his gear. Perhaps if they survive, and she doesn't double cross him that he would be happy to let her take a look over all that he had. In fact, he was rather intrigued by her twin pistols she kept at her hips. It could be like kindergarten show and tell.

Her politeness about his rituals was uplifting and made him feel better than he decided to take on this missions. Granted, she might not be the only good person on Omega, but she is certainly one of the few to not comment on it like he was punching an infant. It would have made him uncomfortable if she had.

Then again, it didn't seem like she was into being all nosy in the first place. At least, not compared to him. Her serious face was out and about, and Warren figured it might be good for him to go the same. Well, until the fighting starts. Sometimes it was fun. The explosions and gunfire made him feel alive. And biotics were the icing on the cake.

Soon enough, they arrived and parked themselves in a good, conspicuous place. Their ride would not be discovered, most likely. Choosing to stretch bit as well, Hardware followed her into the dark. "My comm channel is 6. Just beep it three times when you want to start the assault. Good luck, and I will see you when this is over."

"Roger that," Ula replied appreciatively. She was grateful for his professionalism and initiative. This wouldn't be a case of telling someone exactly what to do all the time. There wasn't any doubt that she made the right decision in hiring him, but having these moments of confirmation definitely helped. "If you don't find me right away, make way to my vehicle. We'll meet up there."

Getting past the front door wasn't as difficult as it should have been. The security camera was easily avoidable through some cautious sneaking and keeping track of its rotational patterns. Since nobody was currently at work, the place was eerily quiet with many of the lights turned off. Ula had no problem lurking through the dark and in fact welcomed the opportunity, planting small, circular explosives in the appropriate locations along the way. They would be triggered through the use of a remote she designed.

Before too long it came time for them to go separate ways. Spotting the room she'd need to get into for the hacking assignment she was given, she made use of her omni-tool to get through the security pad at the side of the door. Lowly did she chuckle to herself as she gained entrance, rushing inside with no sound to her footsteps.

Big golden eyes widened at the large computer, looking it over before getting into her supplies and getting started on the job. Long digits worked expertly on the digital keyboard so data could be accessed, then the virus would be sent in. Wouldn't be long until the alarms were triggered, which she hoped Warren would be ready for. So that there would be fair warning, she tapped into their established comm link so the appropriate number of beeps could be signaled over. While she was at it, why not see exactly what they'd be up against? 'There will be four big ones who drop in from above me and armed guards, and machines of many sorts, heading Warren's way, but how many? Ooohh--fifteen? Twenty? Maybe more--...' Oh how exciting this was going to be.

He nodded, before they made quick work getting into the building. Warren was not stealthy in the slightest, but somehow this outside security was junk. They were either a band of chumps or they were walking into a trap. Either way, these guys were in big trouble. Watching were she was place the explosives, he tried to take a mental note of where those things were so he doesn't end up setting them off. He would hate it to make the Drell load her load early. Actually no, he would love it, but that is beside the point. Explosives are bad, mmkay.

Making sure she made it into the room, he went to the door as well. Sounds of footsteps and chatter could be hear down the hallway that came to a clearing. It looked like a large dining hall. "Oh boy, going to interrupt late night snack time." He then took hold of the wiring powering this side of the doorway. "Hopefully, this will keep them away." He grunted as he yanked it from the wall. Sparks flew as the door powered down. The only way to get it open now is from the other side.

The distant whizzing of high pitched sound alarms went off and the place was lit up more than a christmas tree. Even the primary lights came on. Most like so things like auto turrets would be active and the like. Moving quickly, a bridge that ran across the second floor connecting two other rooms came into view. Better take care of that otherwise they will be sure to try and get behind me and Ula. Grabbing a few grenades, he used his momentum to chuck them to the other side of the bridge. As they went off a beautiful array of blue cascaded under the bridge. The force seemed to grab and ripped that end off the wall. It ended up twisting the steel and even snapped the other end on his side of the room. There were a couple of mechs in there but nothing too substantial...yet.

"Well shit!" He eyes blinked, not realizing the metal would crumble that way. "Won't have to worry about that then. Come and get it!"

And that is when the shooting started.

The screens of the massive computer flashed with the symbol that represented the virus she sent in. While letting that get registered, she got the data stick stashed away in a safe place on her person. Expecting there to be metal men dropping down from above, she made use of crates that were stacked along the sides of the walls. With ease she hopped up on one of the taller boxes, crouching low while watching the enemies drop in, instantly scanning for the life form they were meant to eliminate.

Putting her biotic to use, she focused on one of them, setting it on alarm as it was being lifted from the ground. With a grunt, she had it tossed into one of the others. Right as she was about to get shot at by the non-damaged unit, Ula made a leap from the crate, landing gracefully on her feet. A malicious smile stretched across her face as a grenade was chucked in their direction. There was just a few seconds of delay before a burst of flames engulfed the space, completely sabotaging the two she already dealt some damage to. The other two, however, managed to lunge for her.

Ula dodged them and ended up with her back against a wall, in a corner where the fire wasn't spreading to. Removing the twin pistols, she fired them rapidly, doing a huge amount of harm to one of the two. The other, she chose to jump at, latching on so she could plant an explosive. She was thrown off, tossed like a rag doll that crashed against another wall. Though a bit of pain shot through her spine, she didn't miss the beauty of metal carnage that showered over her. "That's more like it," she commented in a whisper that could almost be considered seductive, with creepy undertones. Already the room was going down in flames, doing well to satisfy the mania she had to deal with.

Now that this was all out of the way, she made a hasty escape, not wanting to get caught in her own mess. Digits tapped at the device on her wrist, feet hurrying for the room she hoped to find the target meant to be assassinated. This whole mission would be a failure if he made it out of here alive. Along the way more bombs were planted so she could turn this place to rubble once the man was taken down.

Bullets were whizzing by his head, as he returned fire towards the kitchen. They really were having a midnight snack. "Hey, while you dipshits are back there, you might making me a chicken fajitAH!" He yelped as a grenade landed next to him. Making a break for it, Hardware ended up running over a mech, stepping on his head for good measure, before the blast sent him to the ground. "That's it. Make it a steak fajita!" He quickly stood up and flung a basketball size worth of biotic energy into the kitchen.

Warren wasn't sure what happened but what proceeded was not the intended affect. If there was food in there, it was now all burnt from the explosion that sent him and a few more of the hired help back about 10 feet. Ohhhhh that hurt. His whole was in shock, as he proceeded to pistol whip not one but two baddies who were still trying to get up. The others that ended up 6 tables away, were also gathering themselves. Warren revved himself up and took a ready to lunge position. With the help of biotics, he threw himself forward to biotically charge into the group. Then ones that weren't flung into more tables, were either against the wall or out the window.

Turning slightly, as the step of footsteps, a single guard then fell out where the bridge was supposed to be. He crashed into what looked like the salad bar. "Dumbass." Stepping over bodies, he walked over and stuffed a bunch of croutons into his mouth. "Om nom nom nom nom. Warren is strongest there is!"

This shout was met with mechanical twisting and a loud--

BANG

Another explosion hit. This time it was the wall to his left. Dust and rubble was everywhere, but he didn't end up on his ass. The wall had absorbed most of the blow. And out ran a couple of FENRIS mechs.

"There is no way a couple of those put a hole in that wall. It had to have been a--" Almost as if on cue, a MUCH larger, well armed mech came from the hole.

"A fucking YMIR mech?!" It wasn't often he seen one of these, even less to have to face one on his on. Without warning it started to fire and the smaller mechs made to charge him.

The map was remembered perfectly in her mind. Another reason she was such a deadly assassin was that she always knew where she was going. All she needed was one look at a map and it would stay fresh in her brain. She tightly embraced this ability of her species. So much that it made every kill and every explosion a sensational experience.

Making her way to the target's destination was proving to be easy. The security was focused on War, allowing her to keep going without interruption. All was going according to plan. Speedily she turned corners and sprinted through hallways, checking the status of her equipment in the process. Guns were reloaded and grenades were counted.

Kicking through a door, she caught the culprit at the last moment. He was throwing a messenger bag over his shoulder after hanging up a phone in frustration, having learned that the virus affected the phones too. Just as he was going to the emergency exit, his path was cut off by a chair that came zooming from the conference table. Ula followed up with a shot from her pistol, narrowly missing as the panicky looking nerd dropped to the ground.

Disappointingly, he was not a skilled fighter like herself. He was merely the man in charge, the smart guy who pulled all the strings and made all the machines run smoothly. The same could be said about the rival who employed her to murder him.

She went sliding across the surface of the large table in the middle of the room, feet slamming to the carpet as she landed. "Please, have mercy! What are they paying you!? I'll offer double--w-whatever you want!" The nervous chatter ended with him holding up his hands defensively, trembling where he was crouched. Ula stopped briefly, pretending to consider his offer while her gun remained pointed at him. Admittedly, she enjoyed tormenting her prey.

"Mmm, sorry. I signed a contract." Messed up as she could be from time to time, she was loyal to her employers. Plus, she wouldn't want to get on anyone's bad side. Ula would fail to stand up to the wealthy business folk who could easily have her killed for crossing them.

And so the shot was fired, but unfortunately it didn't land. Shrieking nervously, he jumped out of the way, scrambling for the door with desperation. Rolling her eyes, she outran him so she could stand between him and the door. A fist went to smack him in the jaw, although she had to shake off a bit of pain. Punching wasn't a skill she practiced often enough.

"You've pissed me off, so I'm going to just do this instead--" Screams were loud as each leg was shot, disabling his ability to run any longer. Then she removed one of the incendiary explosives, activating it so she could drop it next to him. "Here, happy birthday," she said dryly, making her swift exit through the door as flames exploded out to engulf him with the room. A single look was made over her shoulder so she could benefit from the image of everything going down in flames.

Knowing she shouldn't stick around through, she proceeded to leave so she could meet her partner for their escape from here. Ula very much looked forward to getting paid.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Cerulean
Time to head right. Turning quickly and running, a missile whizzed past him to cause another stack of paperwork for whomever has to clean this up. Poor, poor bastard.

Preparing a ball of dark energy, he shoved it in a curve, that swung around in its trajectory. As the quadrupedal mechs started to turn, the closest to him smacked into the other. The impact ripped the mech halfway in two and sparks shot off like rockets. It was down for the count. The other two had dents, one more significant then the other. As they tries to right themselves, another biotic grenade was tossed. They were warped into oblivion and some of the floor tiles got fucked over as well. This room was turning into a legitimate war-zone.

The large mech fired another rocket. War should have stopped. But...

BOOM

Both he and the salad bar went everywhere. It wasn't a direct impact, but it sure as hell felt like one. After hitting the ground, from the wall, he suddenly ached like he was moving after sleeping for twelve years. As sarcastic/obnoxious as can be, "You bastards ruined the croutons! Whyyyyyyy?!" Raised his non-shotgun arm in silly protest. The mech then made its way over to the sprawled out Warren Blake. Its pincer-like arm scooping him up and bringing him closer and closer to the face. Propping his shotgun up, he grinned. "My turn." The round went off and took a decent chunk out of the mech's face. These ones had really thick armor but a close rang shotgun slug would fuck just about anything. The roar of its circuits lead to the man being slammed against the wall hard enough to crack his helmet. A lethal blow to most organics. He was then slammed again That crack turned into a break, sending part of his helmet across the room. He was then flung across the room, hitting a few chairs and tables. With a wince, he whimpered and coughed blood. That REALLY fucking hurt.

Turning over, and getting up on one knee, he could not see where his gun got off too. Damn. Looking about, the mech was starting to really spazz out and come towards the middle of the room. It was looking for him. Breathing deeply, he smiled. "Your ass is mine!" He stood and starting to charge. Only this wasn't your average charge. It was a biotic change. And even then, it wasn't quite the same as what he did the first time. He was using more juice. Both of his implants revved up, sending him forward with more velocity before. The biotic frenzy through all he had left into the middle of the mech. It crumbled. Pieces and sparks went everywhere, and Warren came out on top.

Crawling on top of his kill, he lightly tapped what would be the cheek of the mech. "Good try ole' chap, but my hardware is better."

Sliding off he began to stumble towards the door he entered. "U-Ula?" He said, spitting out some blood. "How is it coming?" He then happened to see his shotgun. "Mine." War picked it up and kept stumbling.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Fluffy
The fresh memories of fire had her grinning to herself like an idiot. It wasn't long lasting, of course. This was no time to be savoring her weird attraction to flames. This mission was still going and needed to be wrapped up nicely with a neat little bow on top. Ula prayed her employer would be pleased. She would have to treat War to a round of drinks to thank him for his hard work.

Air came out heavily from her mouth in a steady pattern from plenty of intense exercise that taught her to not waste her breath so much. She was very much in a rush so the building that would eventually collapse would be left behind her. Ula was concentrating hard on the image of a map in her mind so she could navigate to the closest exit without fail. Truthfully, she would just be glad to get out of here too. Much as she loved her job, this particular one had been stressful since the day it was assigned. After this, hopefully, she could afford to do nothing at all for a while.

The somewhat shaky voice of War could be heard through their communication device, forcing her to divide her attention between him and her escape. Not that she minded; the well being and status of her teammate was important to her. "Warren, everything is done. Get out of there as fast as you can," urged the Drell. The remote that would set off her explosives was removed, at the ready for when they were both a safe distance from it. The window she'd be taking out of here was in sight, to which she made a graceful jump so she could smash her way through it. However, she stopped suddenly. "Are you all right? Do you need me?" Mild concern could be heard in her voice. Inconvenient as it would be to have to run in his direction, she was more than willing to do so. No need for her comrade to suffer alone on the way out.

Warren could only laugh at her. Somehow they had already made it to the point that it was as if they had been partners for years. "I'm pretty hurt, but I should be able to make it. I might need just a little extra time to get back. So try not to blow me too early." Knowing full well that was most likely going to get a slap for that, he stumbled on. Making it down the hallway, the man started looking at the previously set explosives. Don't blow up, don't blow up, don't blow up.

Blood followed in his wake, and not all of it was his. "I am going to need a damn sexy nurse to this. You think we are going to get hazard pay out of this?" He said, laughing and the crashing into the wall. If he didn't have the cybernetics, he would surely be dead. Grunting and pressing forward, Warren spit more blood out. Another roar followed, as his body was voluntarily thrown through the doors.

Glass slapped against the building, walkway and grass. Whew. "Ok, I am out of the building. Crawling my way to the ship now." He started before starting to move again. He hope to god they didn't have anymore backup.

Ula didn't let herself get too concerned by his mention that he was hurt. Warren was as strong as he appeared to be, she had full confidence in that. It was one of the reasons she selected him for this job in the first place. "Don't worry, you won't get blown up. Have a little more faith than that, will ya?" She more a smirk while assuring him he would make it out alive, rolling her eyes even while she was running for her life. More than wanting to get ahead of her explosions, she just wanted to get out of here. The sooner this was wrapped up, the better.

The man had quite a sense of humor, she would give him that. Most of the people she worked with were about as serious as she was. They'd crack jokes once in a while, but nobody was consistently funny like this one was. Truthfully, it was a nice change of pace. Ula's life wasn't filled with as many laughs as she'd like it to be.

"Crawling? Seriously?" She sighed out with mild irritation after giving her response to him. Having come out a different exit, she took it on herself to go running around the building to meet him there. He could get there in one piece without a doubt, but she needed him to move faster than a goddamn crawl. What in the world battered him up so badly? She would have to ask about that when they had the chance.

"I'm coming over to you, War. Going to start the clock for the bombs nnnn--" She glanced at her multi-tool, then back to the remote that would activate the explosives. "---nnnow!" Just as she finished her sentence, she was at his side, helping him to his feet with her all might. This almost felt like earlier when she was helping him through his drunkenness. However, this time, they needed to move a lot faster. "Sixty seconds, Warren, come on, gotta hurry so nothing else happens." Calmness was maintained even though her words moved at an urgent pace. Letting his weight lean on her, she hurried them towards the ship as fast as they were allowed, since he was pretty damn heavy and she wasn't exactly a bodybuilder.

"Haters gonna hate." He said, hearing her behind him. Assuming they made it, he would have to thank her for letting him be himself so far. Normally, by now, he would get a cold shoulder or some sort of scoff as his humor began to pile up against his partner's patience. Which was another reason he didn't like taking jobs on Omega. People were either hard asses or tightwads. Not a good combination for Warren. When he felt her use her muscles to try and get his goofy ass going, his own legs began to work to keep himself up.

As she urged him on, and felt her struggle, he forced his adrenaline to kick in. Legs pumped to move at a pace with hers. His weight leveled off, so the poor Drell wasn't trying to shoulder the jackass to the ship. "Really cutting it short don't you think?! Ugh!" Feeling the energy rush through him, and possibly using his biotics to help push him; Even with his minor injuries, the backup scooped the drell up, starting to literally and figurably haul ass to the ship. "If you don't make it, we don't get paid...and I might feel bad!"

Much to her surprise, he managed to find the strength to move faster while also carrying her in his arms. Being who she was, she was unable to stop the immediate "HEY!" that was shouted out in anger, her voice gaining a depth to it that warned she just might murder you. Honestly he had nothing to worry about, Ula just wasn't a fan of being scooped up from the ground without permission and it caused an aggressive response. Even so, she didn't struggle against the decision he made. Rather, she tucked herself in closer, keeping an eye on the building in the distance so she could be sure she wouldn't miss seeing it go down in a blaze. 'Hmm. Warm.' she thought to herself with mild contentment.

"Okay put me down," the drell urged, squirming herself away from him so she could get to the ship. The cloaking was turned off and the seats were readily available for them to climb into. Ula made haste to the driver seat so she could get them out of here as soon as possible. Once they left this behind, she could get them paid and they could call it a night. This mission went by a lot smoother and faster than she anticipated.

When Warren made it to his seat, she made an immediate drive for the route out of here, leaving a beautiful explosion behind them. Ula didn't hesitate to look over her shoulder, letting the sight sink into her memories. When she blinked she turned back around to watch the road, intent on getting them back to familiar territory. "War, you're hurt--" she brought up with obvious concern, revisiting the events that recently transpired now that she was in a stable condition. "Is there someplace specific I should be taking you?"

Reactions: Cerulean
"Someone is a little pyromaniac, hm?" He chuckled, as she seemed to be mesmerized by the flames going off behind them. Of course, paying attention to her meant not worrying about explosions that can burn his ass to an actual crisp. Her protest was oddly adorable, even if that wasn't his intent. He was half tempted to just. D'aaaaawwwwwww.

When she wiggled out and made for the driver's seat, he managed to get into the passenger's seat. Managed, because it wasn't a pretty process. With a shivering hand on his battered, bloody body, he sort of...high jumped into the seat. It was like when a fish jumped into a boat. Only with a manly grunt and the entire ship dipped from his extra weight. Wiggling himself and buckling, Warren was in and ready to head off in the distance. To which his new Drell friend obliged, with a healthy amount of haste. He could see the explosion reflecting off the glass of the windshield, and how Ula turned back to stare it down like it was a fireworks display. Wow. She really is a pyro.

Her voiced concern made him smile, and with his face visable the reaction could not be hid. "I'd love to go to a hospital, if it didn't put us and your employers at risk of being discovered. But for now, we need to get someplace safe. I can make do with some medigel though."

The teasing inquiry regarding her pyromania caused the Drell to sink her head down between her shoulders, eyes still keeping to the road. If she were able to blush, she would be right now. Quite a few of the medical experts blame her implant for the mental instability she was prone to having. The trauma from her childhood was to blame as well, though. So it was a serious topic she didn't like drawing much attention to, even though the big fiery explosions did just that...

Lightly she cleared her throat, choosing to not comment for now since they needed to get somewhere safe. For Warren's sake. He certainly didn't need to tell her he was in need of medical attention. From the first glance alone she could tell that he was beaten up pretty good. Even though she was calm on the outside, she was raging on the inside. Ula was upset with how hurt he'd gotten, and cursed the fact that the hospital was not an option. They would not get paid, and probably end up in a lot of trouble.

Fortunately, every problem had alternative solutions. Ula proved to be quite the clever sort and this time around was no different. "We'll head back to my place, War. Try your best to stay alert. I may need your help while I attempt to...fix you," she said with a pause, turning the vehicle and getting them on the route to her secluded hideout. Wasn't the most homey place in the world, but she was lucky to even be approved to live where she did, so she made the best of it. The next option was being homeless. "I'm an engineer of sorts... I'm sure I can help you." The confidence was firm in her voice, then she turned to look over her shoulder with mild concern. He was a tough fellow but that didn't stop her from worrying for the worst.

"You've done a good job tonight, friend. I owe you so much." There was a comforting softness to her voice that she rarely used. Ula was extremely grateful that he went on this mission with her in the first place. Seeing the damage he'd taken instead of her, she really couldn't help the guilt that settled in her mind. All she had were a few scratches, but also she had to remind herself that this was why she hired him in the first place. She needed someone durable, tough, skillful...

Warren nodded, and held his side, even with the blood running down his forehead. No use in hiding, as anyone with a brain stem could see that he got severely fucked up. Well, severely as in if he didn't have the enhancements and the stubbornness of an oxen that he might be a rotisserie mercenary. He would have to thank her, when he didn't feel like a sack of potatoes. A nice dinner would probably be best. Eating was an easy way to make friends with others. Assuming you aren't rude and don't ignore whomever you are with.W

He trusted her judgement and was perfectly fine with heading to her place. Probably safer there anyways. She seemed like the type that would booby trap their whole home. Of course, she did take all the guns off her ship. She might not be able to do so, even if the idea was intriguing to the brightly colored Drell. "Ha. There is still plenty of me that is still organic. I am not all machine...yet." He chuckled at the idea. "Still, I appreciate the help. Thank you, very much."

Leaning back, a deep breath was let out, feeling a bit safer. Granted, they could still end up attacked again. It didn't matter, for the next few minutes. It was nearing sleepy time. When Ula spoke up, he sat up and smiled. "It was my pleasure. Good to do some heroics, once in a while. Certainly beat getting drunks and getting help up by pretty women all the time." Laughing again, he reached up and lightly touched her shoulder before leaning back into his chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.