Let's Building A Story Together (Adventure and Romance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinder

Inconceivable
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High, Low, Modern, Any), Romance, Supernatural Creatures, Fairytale Retellings, Mythological, Heroes' Journeys, Fandom (Bioware Games). Open to Trying Different Genres.
…I really need to stop making these.

Hello again, my fellow writers. Tinder has returned with a new batch of plots that I've been playing around with when I should be paying attention in class. A brief bit about me. I'm a night owl, soon-to-be college graduate who's been roleplaying since middle school. I have a tendency to play around with new plot ideas whenever I come across an interesting song or story, which causes them to pile up most of the time. Today I have an original plot looking for a home. It'll need some work, but if we're willing to put in the effort I think we could come up with something pretty fun.

First things first, we have to cover the basic introductory notes that everyone dreads. So here we go.

Friendly Guidelines:
  • Length - I would like you be able to post 2 paragraphs at minimum. As a rule, I prefer quality over quantity, but with that said I like a decent amount of detail in posts such as what's going on around our characters, what's your character thinking or feeling, etc. It makes reading and responding more fun. I can post anything from two paragraphs to a small book depending on the point in roleplay as I like writing detailed posts as much as I like reading them.
  • Grammar - I would like you to have a good understanding of grammar. Mistakes will happen, I'm not looking for perfection, but I would like to see some effort here. Please be able to write in the third person as well and stay in the correct tense.
  • Activity – I'm a slow writer, I admit it. Especially during the school year. My personal speed is a post a week or every other week depending (maybe a few a week if it's a special occasion). I can work with all kinds of posting speeds, but just know going in I'll need to take my time. You're always free to send me a reminder if it's been awhile, just don't make it every day. If you need to drop or disappear for a while, just let me know so I'm not wondering what happened. I will do the same for you.
  • Plotting – I am a planner. I love to world build and I love to plot out scenes in advanced (I also tend comment on the what-if of the story often, just for fun). I know that some people prefer to just start the roleplay and go (it's not impossible for me to do so), but it's just in my nature to try and plan out the next step. So I would love it if you would be willing to chat about our ideas ahead of time. We wouldn't be making a comprehensive outline or anything, just bouncing ideas back and forth while we go.
On to me, because you ought to know some more about my insanity before agreeing to engage in conversation with me.

Warning Label:
  • Chatting – Getting to know my partners is half the fun of starting a new roleplay, so feel free to chat about anything with me. Got a new obsession, a ridiculous story or two, dreams, plots to dominate the world? Go ahead and share away. I'd be glad to listen.
  • Characters – Despite my track record on this site, I enjoy playing both men and women depending on the plot. I just have a habit of thinking up female characters rather than male characters. I also like to make up a color cast of side characters to use and would ask that you be able to do to the same. Otherwise it might be boring with just our characters interacting.
  • Romance – I only do MxF relationships. No offense meant, it's just what I'm most comfortable with. I also prefer not to have sexual content in my roleplays. Kissing and actions with clothing still on are fine, I may even be talked into fade-to-black if one of the plots really calls for it (18+ only), but nothing explicit.
  • Violence - I'm not bothered by violence or gore, so bring on the bloody stumps and what not if that comes up. If you've got any issues with it, please let me know. I can get a little carried away at times…
  • Language - Really doesn't bothered me much anymore. Just avoiding having the f-bomb be every third word coming out of your character's mouth and we'll be good. Let me know if you have any limits other than that.
Now that you have been sufficiently warned, I can try to entice some of you back with my plots. Hopefully some of you are still reading.

Plots
1) Let's Build a Story: Fantasy, Romance, Adventure

Pairing: MxF

I've been trying to figure out this plot for a while now, but it has refused to come together for me. So I decided to try a new approach. Rather than me making up the entirety of the plot on my own, I want us to start with what I have and build a plot that both of us will love. This means that you get a say in everything from plot to world to characters. I'll explain more.

Basically I would like us to start out in a prologue of sorts with two young characters who are engaged and play out their growing up years as they figure out how to be friends and later what it means to be more than friends. These would be slightly slice of life-esque with fantasy fun thrown in to keep things interesting. After that the possiblities are wide open, though I'd prefer we find some sort of adventure/quest narrative to take these characters on. It could be magical fun with curses and danger or our characters as explorers off to find ancients ruins or the two of them being tasked with some greater cause like preventing the end of the world. I don't know for sure, but that's something I'd like us to find out together.

I would like to play the Female in this pairing (sorry) so I'm looking for a Male Character. This is where the character building comes in. Since I'd like the two of them to work out as a couple, though a fun dynamic between their personalities, I thought it might be an interesting experiment if we made our character together with compatibility in mind so we each get to pick character traits that we like, but also work through how the two would end up together.

I know this all sounds vague, but for anyone interested in trying this out, I think it could be a lot of fun. Come with an armful of ideas and let's see what we can come up with. ^^

With that all said, I'm out. PM me if you're interested in any of these. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Last edited:
Still on the prowl.

Back with a new plot idea. Really excited to try this one!

Hello. Borkus Lazorus here.

Looks to be there's a empty partner connection interest check here.

Mind if I take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.