For The Crown (a medieval fantasy RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Queen and Young Lady of the Court will be up soon more then likely on Tuesday. Think I am going to have to use real FC's due to not finding what I need. :P
No problem, I don't mind real images, I don't actually remember why I said no real images XD

My girlfriend edited my face claim so she has heterochromia. Yaaas!​

lQ8lmL7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sivilia
Any open roles? :D

Ahhhh, this looks cool! I'll try to get a CS in for one of the Lord spots, and if I have the time and right inspiration I might make a bid for the young prince, but we'll see. Is there anything I should know about the structure of the nobility? (For example; titles, criteria for having a certain title, what elevates one family above another to what extent, etc)

Ahhhh, this looks cool! I'll try to get a CS in for one of the Lord spots, and if I have the time and right inspiration I might make a bid for the young prince, but we'll see. Is there anything I should know about the structure of the nobility? (For example; titles, criteria for having a certain title, what elevates one family above another to what extent, etc)
The kingdom don't really care about nobility. Since the kingdom is relatively new, 31 years new, there hasn't really been time for nobility to occur. The lords are pretty much warriors or generals who participated in the rebellion four decades ago. Those who stood out would have been given lands in Caerleon as a reward. Any newer lords would have been relatives of those generals who inherited their lands and titles - as lord of the land they own

I'll leave the youngest prince role open in case you decide not to grab it because it's quite vital right now, but have at the lord position if you like

Any open roles? :D
Yes, the role of the youngest prince is available, plus there are several lord and servant roles available too

The kingdom don't really care about nobility. Since the kingdom is relatively new, 31 years new, there hasn't really been time for nobility to occur. The lords are pretty much warriors or generals who participated in the rebellion four decades ago. Those who stood out would have been given lands in Caerleon as a reward. Any newer lords would have been relatives of those generals who inherited their lands and titles - as lord of the land they own

I'll leave the youngest prince role open in case you decide not to grab it because it's quite vital right now, but have at the lord position if you like
That's actually a really neat twist, I gotta say. So would they use the title of 'Lord' overmuch, or at this point are things a lot more familiar? As part of the military involvement, would the Lords have their own retainers and whatnot, or just the land they were given? Sorry for all the questions, I'm a sucker for detail XD

Haha, probably wise XD You'll know I've decided to take it if you see a Youngest Prince CS from me, but if someone beats me to it that's fine :D

5ede021008cb3e6f7d8face516bdae15.jpg

Name
: Rodric Esrysson II
"Second of his name"
Birthdate: 5 June, 261 New Era
Ethnicity: Caerleon
Height:
5'11
Weight:
167 lbs

Personality:
Soft spoken but with a strong heart, Rodric is a bright young man swathed in tenacity. He isn't the strongest person or the most intelligent but when he sets his heart or mind on something, he doesn't give up. He sees potential in everyone and doesn't like to judge people without truly getting to know them. He can be a bit naive because of this but if he finds out someone has been taking advantage of him, he will reluctantly issue punishment and turn his back on them. He has a softer spot for animals and tends his aviary with great care. He believes that not only should the well being of the people be priority, but the gifts given to the people by Mother Nature.
He is very close with his mother, but he does not like to be coddled. He loves to explore and loves the freedom that he gets by not being the Crown Prince, but he also envies his elder brother's impending authority at times.
People
Adventures
Sparring
Reading
Dislikes:
Being Coddled
Judgmental People
Destruction of Nature
Hunting
Fears:
Fire
Secrets:
TBD
Strengths:
Tenacity
Animal Lover
Stamina
Weaknesses:
Not the strongest
Strategy isn't his forte
He can't stand being too close to a flame

Backstory: (Whatever you want to add about the character's background, just drop it here. I will add things I deem important to the timeline )
Family Members:
King Leander Esrysson -
Father
The Queen of Caerleon - Mother
Crown Prince Anre Esrysson - Eldest Half Brother
Prince Dominic Esrysson - Older Half Brother
Princess Orlagh Esrysson - Older Half Sister
Rodric Esrysson - Grandfather †
Amelie Esrysson - Grandmother †

Last edited:
  • Love
That's actually a really neat twist, I gotta say. So would they use the title of 'Lord' overmuch, or at this point are things a lot more familiar? As part of the military involvement, would the Lords have their own retainers and whatnot, or just the land they were given? Sorry for all the questions, I'm a sucker for detail XD

Haha, probably wise XD You'll know I've decided to take it if you see a Youngest Prince CS from me, but if someone beats me to it that's fine :D
Cool if you get there first it's yours XD

The title lord would have a lot of meaning because it proves that the bearer of the title served the kings in war and helped to establish their positions. Anyone who settled on their lands would be their retainers. However outside of the lands they own, their titles don't hold much value, the title is more of an endearment or a token of respect when outside of their own lands

Reactions: Kinton Nyr
torrance-coombs-reign-season-2-interview.jpg

Name: Lochlann Bourdillon ("lok" – "lan") | Age: 28 | Birthdate: March 5th, 250 NE | Gender: Male |
Ethnicity: Half Empire/Half Carleon | Height: 6'0'' | Weight: 65KG | Role: Lord Conspiring /w Queen

Personality:
Charming, flirtatious and cunning: Lochlann is a noble fresh from a fairytale... or more a swashbuckling rogue from romance fiction. He's a diplomat at heart, casting words from a tongue of silver and striking deeper than any blade ever could. That's not to say he is one to shy away from conflict but he prefers to play the game of politics to achieve his goals. Lochlann is loyal to his family, but those are the only people he is loyal to. If someone is beyond his care, then he cares nothing for them or what happens to them. Some have said that he uses people and that he is a manipulator. Those people soon took back those words once Lochlann had a chance to talk with them and win them over to his side of things.

Backstory:
Born to the noble house Bourdillon, Lochlann is the only surviving member of importance and the Lord of the house. Still, the house itself is not one of the utmost prestige. His father was a traitor to the Empire, betraying them for a promise of land and a beautiful wife by one of the generals of the rebellion. Aiding in the siege of Lavindor, Lochlann's father was the one who opened the gates and ordered an entire garrison to stand down so that the rebels could take the city and his men might be spared. However, the deal that was stricken was then soon forgotten. The general refused to honour his end but it was too late, his daughter Naeva had already began to court the traitor in secret. A few years passed before the general found out, instantly calling for Lochlann's fathers execution and abandoning his daughter. However, the general was summoned to battle by the King, leaving matters to be resolved later. The man fell by the King's side. Naeva pleaded for Ayer, Lochalnn's father, to ride out to the battlefield to find her father. Alas, by the time he arrived he was too late. Rallying Naeva's father's men, Ayer managed to buy the main force time to retreat from the battlefield but took heavy losses. Inheriting the army and marrying Naeva, Ayer sired his son Lochlann.

Despite this great victory, the house was weakened with its lack of forces and the fact that it was headed by a man of the Empire, a soldier of the Empire, no less, was greatly unpopular. Lochlann's parents were assassinated in the night by unknown assailants in 271 NE. Once he caught the assassins, no amount of torture or coercion could convince them to give up the names of their employers, but Lochlann always suspected the Esryssons and the crown, thinking that it was a reprisal for their remaining neutral in the battle against the treasonous Lord Selroth. While Ayer had given his reasons for not participating, that his house was poor and lacking in troops, the feeling that resentment and suspicion laid at their doorstep was not one easily escaped. Taking lead of the house after his parent's died, the young Lochlann set about a quest to establish House Bourdillon as one of the most prominent and affluent houses in the whole kingdom and to acquire the truth on his parent's murder. How he would do this, however? Well, he would need to be smart.

Family Members:
Father - Ayer Bourdillon (Deceased)
Mother - Naeva Bourdillon (Deceased)
Half-Brother - Elroy Bourdillon (Lives in the Empire)

Theme Song(s):

tumblr_inline_o8ywemWYXy1rjchpf_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
WIP

5ede021008cb3e6f7d8face516bdae15.jpg

Name
: Rodric Esrysson II
"Second of his name"
Birthdate: 5 June, 261 New Era
Ethnicity: Caerleon
Height:
5'11
Weight:
167 lbs

Personality:
Soft spoken but with a strong heart, Rodric is a bright young man swathed in tenacity. He isn't the strongest person or the most intelligent but when he sets his heart or mind on something, he doesn't give up. He sees potential in everyone and doesn't like to judge people without truly getting to know them. He can be a bit naive because of this but if he finds out someone has been taking advantage of him, he will reluctantly issue punishment and turn his back on them. He has a softer spot for animals and tends his aviary with great care. He believes that not only should the well being of the people be priority, but the gifts given to the people by Mother Nature.
He is very close with his mother, but he does not like to be coddled. He loves to explore and loves the freedom that he gets by not being the Crown Prince, but he also envies his elder brother's impending authority at times.
People
Adventures
Sparring
Reading
Dislikes:
Being Coddled
Judgmental People
Destruction of Nature
Hunting
Fears:
Fire
Secrets:
TBD
Strengths:
Tenacity
Animal Lover
Stamina
Weaknesses:
Not the strongest
Strategy isn't his forte
He can't stand being too close to a flame

Backstory: (Whatever you want to add about the character's background, just drop it here. I will add things I deem important to the timeline )
Family Members:
King Leander Esrysson -
Father
The Queen of Caerleon - Mother
Crown Prince Anre Esrysson - Eldest Half Brother
Prince Dominic Esrysson - Older Half Brother
Princess Orlagh Esrysson - Older Half Sister
Rodric Esrysson - Grandfather †
Amelie Esrysson - Grandmother †​
This is cool so far, could I just ask you to change his age to 17 instead of 19, because it fits in with the 261 NE birthdate as well as the timeline of King Leander marrying his second wife

Besides that, this is accepted :)

This is cool so far, could I just ask you to change his age to 17 instead of 19, because it fits in with the 261 NE birthdate as well as the timeline of King Leander marrying his second wife

Besides that, this is accepted :)
Sure thing and oh my goshhh yaaay! :D

And that should be all major roles taken. We're just waiting on the queen being finished.

I have added a "DETAILED HISTORY" section to the original post so anyone who wants to see a detailed version of the timeline can look it up. I'm still working on it, so some of the things relevant to the backstories have been sifted in, but more will join soon

We just waiting on the queen?
Yas I have sent Shayla a message to see how she's doing but if she can't respond some point this weekend then I think I'll have to recast the part

Yas I have sent Shayla a message to see how she's doing but if she can't respond some point this weekend then I think I'll have to recast the part
Any chance of us starting without the Queen? Or are we definitely waiting for all the slots to fill?

Any chance of us starting without the Queen? Or are we definitely waiting for all the slots to fill?
Well Shayla says she will have a cs posted up for tonight so I will post the first post for the rp today at some point, then put the link up here. By the time she joins, we won't have got around very many posts so she won't feel left behind :)

I suppose the only thing is if anyone wants to reference her by name, they'll have to use "the queen", or "mother", or "my wife" but that's fine

Status
Not open for further replies.