For The Crown (a medieval fantasy RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to seeing how I will get Bealish'ed :)

How does this work anyway? I assume there is going to be a maze of conspiracies all around
The only conspiracy that is at work so far is the one to enthrone the queen's son but I'll leave the intricate details to those who are roleplaying as the queen and the lord

The only conspiracy that is at work so far is the one to enthrone the queen's son but I'll leave the intricate details to those who are roleplaying as the queen and the lord
Yeah, but how will the role play that part out, in a seperate PM thread?

golden_knight_1_93_final2.jpg

Name: Leander Esrysson
Birthdate: July 5th 230 NE
Ethnicity: Caerleon
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 176 lbs
Personality: Leander is a kind gentleman. He is known for his kindness, but also his fairness. He has the confidence and bravery of a true king, and his people know it. While he is courageous, Leander also keeps some level of prudence about him. He will not go blindly into a fight, and will instead watch carefully for signs of weakness before attacking. He is a very determined person, and doesn't give up so easily. He is a leader first, and a strategist second. If the fight seems like it will go south, there is no dishonor in saving his people and retreating for the moment.

Even though Leander does seem hardened and like he has no room for fun, he does enjoy parties and dances just as much as anyone else. He enjoyed watching his young children, and would often chase them through the halls, before they would collapse in a pile of giggles. Of course, those days are now over for the most part, as he has no plans of siring any other children. However, if there is no work to be done, which is quite rare for a king, or if he just needs a break, he might often be found in the town square during festivals thrown by the commoners. He always makes a plan to at least visit the largest of the festivals. Because of his common misfortune, Leander does tend to think of himself as cursed, thus tends to expect the worst. He can be seen as an optimist to everything except for himself.

Backstory: Leander was born to Rodric Esrysson in 230 NE, of which he had only one other sibling, Brandon Esrysson. The two grew up together and were quite close. Leander met Lady Aurelia when he was 19 years old, and the two soon fell in love. They did not marry right away, however, and instead wanted to wait to marry and raise their children in more peaceful times.

Both Brandon and Leander participated in the battle where their father died. They both grieved heavily after they learned of the news, though not for long, as Brandon had to be crowned quickly. Leander was there at the coronation, silently cheering his brother on, even though it was a very grim event having taken place only days after their father's funeral. With Brandon king, and with their father's death heavy on their hearts, his Highness created peace with the Empire, so no other sons would have to endure the death of their father. Soon after this proclamation, their mother also passed, seemingly from loneliness. Immediately after this peace, Aurelia and Leander became engaged and married, and had their first son, Anre. They small family could not be happier. They lived in the castle with Brandon, even though Brandon had offered them their own private villa in the country. Leander wanted to stay close to his family roots, and Aurelia just wanted to stay with her husband and child. The happy couple had two more children, another son, Dominic, and Aurelia's long awaited daughter.

Unfortunately, happy times must come to an end. Aurelia came down with a disease. The physicians didn't know what it was. It didn't seem like it would be fatal. She was kept isolated, and only Leander and some servants were allowed to visit her and bring her food and water. He would allow his children to see her if they asked, but he didn't want to burden them with seeing their mother in that state. It seemed like her illness was getting better, and they rejoiced, saying that they would have one more child together before leaving it at that. Unfortunately, later that year, Aurelia passed leaving Leander in a state of depression that lasted for months. This only deepened when his brother had the same illness as Aurelia. He too visited Brandon every day. However, it took the king even faster than it took Aurelia. Brandon had no wife or children, so it came to Leander to take the crown, which he accepted immediately.

Shortly after Brandon's death, he met a woman who helped him along the way with his grieving. She seemed to not mind that he obviously still loved Aurelia greatly. He took comfort in her presence. The two soon married, and bore a son together. Now, as Leander becomes older, he knows he needs to name an heir. His wife urges him to name their son the king. However, Leander feels as though Anre is much more suitable for the task. He is conflicted, and everyone seems to have their own interests at heart, instead of the safety and protection of his people.

Family Members:
Rodric Esrysson|Father|Deceased
Amelie Esrysson|Mother|Deceased
Brandon Esrysson|Brother|Deceased
Aurelia Esrysson nee Sambridge|Ex-Wife|Deceased
The Queen|Wife|Alive
Anre Esrysson|Oldest Son|Alive
Dominic Esrysson|Son|Alive
The Princess|Daughter|Alive
Youngest Prince|Youngest Son|Alive

Theme Song(s): WIP

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sivilia
Let me know if anything should be changed. I will flesh out subjects in his history once the characters in question are made.

tumblr_maid2yeG1v1rg2h7so1_500.png

Name: Orlagh Esrysson ("or" – "la") | Age: 20 | Birthdate: August 11th, 258 NE | Gender: Female |
Ethnicity: Caerleon | Height: 5'3'' | Weight: 58KG

Personality:
Somewhat wistful and withdrawn is what she appears to most, her physical anomaly giving her something of a reason to be so. Orlagh is a naïve, peaceful girl. Her head is awash with fairytales and stories of the outside world in place of her own, lacking experiences. In her naivity, she follows the trait of her eldest brother in that she is too trusting of any and all who accept her for who she is. Having suffered the scorn of those more superstitious, however, it is often hard for people outside of her family to become close with her. Many of the few close to her find she is quite different to how most would expect her to be. Beneath the porcelain cuteness and fragile demeanour is a girl with something of a playful streak and an unassuming wit. When at her most comfortable, her servants often talk of how her youthful and child-like energy is a refreshing addition to the day.

Backstory:
Born with eyes mismatched in colour, one crystal blue, the other emerald green, Orlagh was something of a tragedy to her parents. On one hand, the king had sired a strong, healthy boy – her twin brother – yet on the other his daughter was marked with a curse; such a mark often denoted that a great ill would befall the family and all close to them. Children born with this mark, while rare, were often left in the forests to die so that their curse could not bring harm to the family. However, the King paid no heed to these superstitions, not even when his wife passed away. Still, upon his coronation he realised that she was a political liability and she was in danger. If many others were to know of her condition they would feel that the very monarchy itself was cursed. So, to protect his daughter and his standing in court, he kept her hidden away to some degree. Growing in isolation, Orlagh found herself distanced from the courtly education her brothers received. Dominic, her brother, continued to be the 'better' sibling though she harboured no malice for that fact. In fact, she came to resent the idea of being a stately figure for fear of what that would mean for her and her family. So, she continued to live a life of luxury in the most comfortable prison in the world – the royal estate. Still, for all of the events that went on beyond the walls of the castle and for all of her naivety, Orlagh remains one of the most affluent people at court when it comes to information, for at court the walls have ears, and words spilled from loose lips often end up finding their way in confidence to Orlagh's ears – such is the benefit of being close with one's servants.

Family Members:
Father - Leander Esrysson
Mother - Aurelia Esrysson (Deceased)
Brother - Anre Esrysson (Eldest)
Brother - Dominic Esrysson (Twin)
Half-Brother - Youngest Prince

Theme Song(s):

tumblr_n273lmhv6y1rpjyzyo2_250.gif

Additional Info:

lQ8lmL7.jpg

Orlagh's 'affliction' is medically known in real life as 'complete heterochromia' which is where the colours of one's iris is different in each eye. Due to its rarity, it has been told that a child born with this 'affliction' is an ill omen for things to come. Children born with heterochromia, although rare, are treated with great trepidation and fear thanks to common, folklore superstition. Some children are thrown in lakes, left in the woods or simply killed at birth so that their taint cannot infect the rest of the family. Orlagh's struggle with this fact has always been related to her mother's death, deep down her believing that it was her fault that she died.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
I failed to find a piece of artwork to be her Faceclaim but if you really don't want real pictures then I can continue to peruse :) Hope everything on the CS is in order, other than that.

tumblr_ols7gp41ri1va87k2o3_500.jpg

Name: Shadia Hasnoui
Birthdate: January 12th 256 NE
Ethnicity: Tincen
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 127 lbs
Personality: Shadia is an outwardly wonderful and warm person. She caters to everyone's whims, and doesn't leave anyone without what they want. However, those who are close to her can definitely see that she's not a sweetheart at all. She is cold and calculating, never taking no for an answer. Where there is a will, there is a way. She doesn't like being bossed around, but it's all she knows. However, she definitely thinks she would be better fit as a Queen of her own nation, creating the rules instead of following them. But for now, she stays locked up in her master's castle, wishing life had treated her differently.

Backstory: Shadia was born to two high standing nobles in Tincen, a rather technologically advanced and highly spiritual steppe city for its time. Unfortunately, her parents were part of a treasonous plot to depose their current king. They were found out, and her parents were executed, as well as her older siblings. She managed to be saved because she was so young when it happened, only 6 years old. She was taken in by the King, and was raised as a maid by the Housekeeper. Most of her life, she was a laundry maid, but when she reached age 15, she graduated to housemaid.

When she was 17, a peasant and servant rebellion popped up in the country, and she was taken by the ones who raised her, and were planning on joining the Empire. When the group passed through Caerleon, the group seemingly abandoned her there, so she stayed, and decided to do the only thing she knew how: be a maid. She was taken in by the castle maids, and was welcomed rather quickly. However, her heart is forever in her home town, and she will never betray it.

Family Members:
Adil Hasnoui|Father|Deceased
Hala Hasnoui nee Hannachi|Deceased
Idris Hasnoui|Brother|Deceased
Ghazi Hasnoui|Brother|Deceased
Azra Hasnoui|Sister|Deceased

Theme Song(s): WIP

• Love
Let me know if anything should be changed. I will flesh out subjects in his history once the characters in question are made.
He's accepted!
The only thing I'd say is that you've mispelled the surname of Esrysson but that's just minor, King Leander seems cool so far :))

I failed to find a piece of artwork to be her Faceclaim but if you really don't want real pictures then I can continue to peruse :) Hope everything on the CS is in order, other than that.
No worries, I don't mind! I can easily see our characters being quite close to one another being twins :)

WHOOPS I will fix that.

Yeah, but how will the role play that part out, in a seperate PM thread?
It would play out in the main thread, but the characters involved would only mention it in the presence of each other, so several characters can go off together and have their own scenes in the main thread

Just tag the person who is relevant to the scene in the post and make it clear who they are with and where :))

I'm currently working on a world map so any places or battles that are referenced in anyone's backgrounds will be added to the map too :)

If you need help with any map things, I am very good at making and drawing maps, just let me know if you do!

This is what I have thus far:

FOR THE CROWN.png
It can be and will be updated :)

I've added details from Shadia's background, the state Tincen, to the map! Any changes or additions anyone wants to see, just let me know

Are we just waiting on someone to fill the young prince role, then? :)

Are we just waiting on someone to fill the young prince role, then? :)
We're waiting on the queen and the young prince, then we can commence, with any new characters being added to the story afterwards

Reactions: VengefulPeanut
My Queen and Young Lady of the Court will be up soon more then likely on Tuesday. Think I am going to have to use real FC's due to not finding what I need. :P

[fieldbox="Queen Isolde Adrienette of Caerleon, red, solid"]
tumblr_inline_o26t97Yotf1scq4k2_500.gif

Name:
Queen Isolde Adrienette Greywood
Birthdate:
Summer of July ____ NE
Ethnicity:
Caerleonian
Height:
5'7"
Weight:
165 lb's

tumblr_inline_o4i5z72ngU1r6ixxn_500.gif

Personality:
Isolde is a woman of many a gained trait in her lifetime. She has two sides that only certain individuals bare witness to. To her first side , that would be her role as Queen. She had always been a member of the Court and therefore was raised to learn and study every movement and way of the Royal's. With that , she learned to always do the opposite and play the role of one that all could love and never find fault with. She learned to be true and kind to all that she encountered and when she was faced with any issue , she was known to handle it with fluent grace and the air of a true Queen not born of Royal Blood. Her confidence was uncanny and certainly helped to aid her rise in the Court to her families true happiness as they had been seeking a way into the Royal Family for many a century. But , this was a personality she had been known for in her younger years and after the death of Brandon.. She grew cold and fierce. In time , she wore the mask of her past self before Leander as the girl he had once known and been a dear friend to as she married him after the death of his dearest wife. She then carried on to play the role of the Gentle Queen whilst away in the shadows.. She began to plot her way to placing her son as the heir. She refused to see him cast aside and with great determination and want , she began to work her way to the path she had always wanted.

Summed Up Personality:
Kind/Gentle/Devious/Alluring/Charming/Witty/Intelligent/Ilusive
Tea/Horseback Riding/Traveling/Taking Walks/Gardens/Art/Ballroom Dancing/Herbal Remedies/Poisons/Sword-Fighting
Dislikes:
Arrogance/Fools/Back-Stabbing/Those who refuse to support her son's claim to the throne.
Fears:
The Past memories of Losing Brandon
Losing her Son.
Being controlled again by her family
Secrets:
~ She and Brandon were once greatly in love and she was said to be promised to him at one point. Her heart was full to the brim of love for him alone and his death was the one thing that killed a part of her.

~ She feels love for Leander and yet , feels that she will always live in the shadow of the one before her and that she will never be enough to hold any ground with him more then Queen.

Strengths:
Cunning/Devious/Intelligent/Brave/Bold
Weaknesses:
The Past/Stubborness/Manipulation.

tumblr_mdyew1mvjT1qbrs65o1_r1_500.gif

Backstory: (Whatever you want to add about the character's background, just drop it here. I will add things I deem important to the timeline )

Theme Song(s): (Optional)
Additional info:

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.