For the Confederacy! FOR DIXIE!

Do YOU think the Confederate flag should be taken down? Not what the media says. what you say on it

• Yes

• No

• I have no opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it remarkable those guys still think they're relevant.
I find it more remarkable that the news still thinks they're relevant.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
All I'll say is that, if the KKK is championing your cause, it may be time to rethink your stance a little bit.
Not necessarily. Keep in mind the ethical viewpoints are not necessarily invalid just because they're shared by evil people. A broken clock can be right twice a day. For example, Adolf Hitler thought the treaty of Versailles was unfair. Someone can agree with this viewpoint and not necessarily be a full-blown Nazi.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Not necessarily. Keep in mind the ethical viewpoints are not necessarily invalid just because they're shared by evil people. A broken clock can be right twice a day. For example, Adolf Hitler thought the treaty of Versailles was unfair. Someone can agree with this viewpoint and not necessarily be a full-blown Nazi.
One can still make the case though that this is an entire movements protest though, not an Individuals opinion.

But I would still even then be inclined to agree with you.
Most of the Nazis didn't like the Treaty (Hell the treaty is largely why we got Nazis to begin with).

The point is that the confederate flag should not be hung in government buildings or public locations.

That flag has been a symbol of the south's rebellion against the Union, racism, and slavery.

I have no problem with someone hanging the flag in their home since that is freedom of speech. Even if other people find it offensive I would still defend their right.

However, it is not apporiate to hang such a symbol on a government building. It is not the consenus to hang the confederate flag I hope it will never be.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most annoying part about this whole mess, is that while people are busy freaking out over a piece of cloth, they forgot about the TPP, which has been quietly passed while everyone's been distracted by this.

The most annoying part about this whole mess, is that while people are busy freaking out over a piece of cloth, they forgot about the TPP, which has been quietly passed while everyone's been distracted by this.
Not quite. What passed was the "fast-track" authorization, meaning that Congress gave greater powers to the president for negotiating trade deals. What that means in plain terms is that once the deal is hashed out between the countries involved, the TPP as a whole will be presented to the US Congress for a simple yes or no vote, no amendments allowed. It could still be shot down at that time, but that would probably require some major demographic changes in Congress before TPP gets to them.

The point is that the confederate flag should not be hung in government buildings or public locations.

That flag has been a symbol of the south's rebellion against the Union, racism, and slavery.

I have no problem with someone hanging the flag in their home since that is freedom of speech. Even if other people find it offensive I would still defend their right.

However, it is not apporiate to hang such a symbol on a government building. It is not the consenus to hang the confederate flag I hope it will never be.
I mostly agree with this until it comes to respective museums and battle sites. Apparently they tried to get Gettysburg's battle site to give them up? I think its important that the future remembers the past of our country and are able to view historical assets in person, flags included. The re-enactments would be very awkward without both battle flags represented.

Alas, history gets increasingly hard to keep over time.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LunaValentine
I mostly agree with this until it comes to respective museums and battle sites. Apparently they tried to get Gettysburg's battle site to give them up? I think its important that the future remembers the past of our country and are able to view historical assets in person, flags included. The re-enactments would be very awkward without both battle flags represented.

Alas, history gets increasingly hard to keep over time.
If it's being used for historical purposes like a re-enactment or a musesum then I have no problem with it. I should have cleared that up in the previous post.

If they're trying to get rid of it when it's used for historical purposes then that's ridiculous.

That would be like removing the swasitka or hammer and sickle from a history book because of what the nazis and soviets did.

It's still a relic of American history that should not be forgetten, but not hanged today on government buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.