For Rich or for Poor (CaptainFalchion x Essie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
((Haha I was JUST going to have her call him))

Just as Angela sat up and was about to head to supper before the food got cold, she felt as slight buzzing in her pocket. She wasn't in the mood to break the news to Carol or Tessa yet, but she checked the message anyways.

Oddly enough it was from Preston. That's right, of course they knew each other's number. He was her "fiancé" after all. She sighed and looked down at the screen. Just that word disgusted her.

Such a casual text from someone who obviously hate her. Yeah. It sucks. Do we never get a say in anything? She then walked to the dining room with her phone in hand.

((I'm a mind reader.))

Preston's phone buzzed next to him, and Angela's words flashed on the screen. Apparently not. Listen, I'm sorry you have to leave your friends because of me. I'm nothing but trouble to anyone, especially you. And I'm also really sorry about school today. Getting you mixed up with those guys. You shouldn't have to. He hit 'send' and grabbed his headphones and iPod, listening to music to take his mind off of all... this. {Mom... Dad... I just want you to know you have no power over me. I know where the knives are. I know where Dad's guns are. My room is on the second floor. I can get away from this whenever I want. I'm just going to play your games, because I trust you. Somewhat.}

Angela was in the middle of her meal when the loud buzzing started. She had placed her phone on her glass dining table next to her plate so the vibration was intensified. She put down her fork and turned her attention to the device. A few buttons later, the message appeared on her screen: Apparently not. Listen, I'm sorry you have to leave your friends because of me. I'm nothing but trouble to anyone, especially you. And I'm also really sorry about school today. Getting you mixed up with those guys. You shouldn't have to.

She lifted her eye brows at his unexpectedly... nice message. She wasn't sure whether the message was even sincere, but she decided to play along and see where kind works would lead. You're not at fault. I interfered because bullying others is low. And I'm also sorry for running into you; I wasn't looking at where I was going.

Preston's song was interrupted by her responce. You're not at fault. I interfered because bullying others is low. And I'm also sorry for running into you; I wasn't looking at where I was going. He turned slightly red, his thumbs flying over the keypad. Yeah, about that... I meant to bump into you. The whole marriage thing sucks, and I've been trying to get you to hate me. Maybe if one of us complain loud enough, our parents will notice. He hit 'send' and put his phone back down, sipping his tea.

Rosa brought him some food, and he hungrily tore into the sandwich, awaiting Angela's text.

After reading the lastest message she received, she felt herself getting angry again. {What a douche}, she thought. It was as if he thought SHE was the one who wanted for them to get married. How annoying. But then again, at least he told her the truth so they could go ahead and sort this out right away.

She quickly typed back another message. Just so you know, I've been trying to persuade my parents against the whole ordeal every single day since hey broke the news to us. But it hasn't really worked, as you can tell. Was this guy even doing anything on his part to stop this? Of course she'd be complaining already. SHE was the one with good reputation and popularity and looks. SHE was the one who could date any guy from their school she wanted. SHE was the one with much to lose in this marriage. What did he have to lose? Sure, maybe his freedom to marry whomever, but always getting bullied wasn't going to attract girls anyways.

Sighing, she tried to calm herself down and turned back to her food, not that she really wanted to eat anymore. Standing up, she grabbed her belongings and headed upstairs to her bedroom

Preston glanced at his phone, reading her message. He sighed, punching in his response. I was well aware of your efforts to stop this. I'm just trying to keep the hatred fresh... between both of us. There's no way I'm doing this, Angela. I'll do anything, and I mean anything, to keep it from happening. He threw his phone aside, gathering all of his stuff and heading downstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.