For Music Lovers Only

C

Chii

Original poster
Hey welcome to the Music Thread where we will discuss everything music related. I was just watching Again by FlyLeaf on YouTube and I love it! I'm glad she's back. Now that makes me wonder, when will Amy from Evanescence return into the music scene?

Hm, probably when she runs out of money. I was thinking though, does anyone else think her newer stuff sounded kind of country? Where I was working I kept hearing "call me when you're sober" on the country station- it was weeks before I even recognized it was her.

Alright for my Intro post into this thread here is the majority of the music on my iPod, I left out a lot of the more obscure bands as well as most of the Rap. I love music and try to go to live shows whenever possible.

Heres a sample of my music tastes (lots of metal, huh?)

Abigor, The Absence, Ac/Dc, Ace Hood, Ace of Bass, Aerosmith, Afro-man, After the burial, Agalloch, Agathodaimon, Akercocke, Akon, Al Green, Alestorm, Alice Cooper, Alien ant farm, All that Remains, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Anaal Nathrakh, Andre Nicatina, Android Lust, Angra, Animals, Animassacre, Annihilator, Apocalyptica, As Blood runs black, As I lay dying, Asop Rock, August burns red, Avantasia, Averse Sefira, Axel Rudi Pell, Bach, Bal-Sagoth, Bass Hunter, Bathory, Battlelore, Beastie boys, The Beatles, Becoming The Archetype, Beeda Weeda, Beethoven, Behemoth, Belphegor, Beneath The Massacre, The Black mages, A black rose burial, Black Sabbath, Black Tide, Blackmores night, Blind Guardian, Blood and roses, Bob Marley, Bon Jovi, Bone Crusher, Bone Thugs, Born Of Osiris, Brutha Lynch Hung, Bruce Dickenson, Bubba Sparxxx, Bucket head, Bun B, Burial, Buzrum, Busta rymes, C- Murder, Candlemass, The Candy Spooky Theater, Carpathian Forest, Carnifex, carcass, The Casualties, Catamenia, CCR, Celldweller, Celly Cel, Celtic Frost, Chamillionaire, Charlie Daniels, Children of Bodom, Chimaira, Chingo Bling, Chino XL, Chingy, Chrome, Cinderella, The Clash, Common, Cory Bapes, Corpse ****ing Art, Crematory, Crime mobb, The Crystal method, CWB, Cypress hill, D12, D4l, Daath, Daddy Yankee, Dan Le Sac VS Scroobius Pip, Danger Doom, Danger mouse, Dangerous Toys, Dark Tranquility, Darkthrone, Dark Well, David Banner, Dayton Family, DEATH, Decapitated, Def Lepard, Deicied, Deltron 3030, Demolition Men, Demons & Wizards, Dethklok, Dimmu Borgir, DIO, The Distillers, DJ Unk, Dj Virus, DMX, Do or Die, Doomsword, The Doors, Dope, Draconian, Dr.Dre, Dragon Force, Dragon lord, Drake, Dream Theater, Dream Tale, Drowning pool, Dru down, e40, The Eagles, Eazy E, Edguy, Eluveitie, Eminem, Ennio Morricone, Ensiferum, Enslaved, Epica, Equilibrium, Equipto, Evoken, Falconer, Fates Warning, Firewind, Flobots, Foreigner, Forest stream, From the shallows, Frost, G-Unit, Gackt, The Game, Gamma Ray, Gangsta Nip, Gorgoroth, Grave plott, Grave land, Great white, Guns N' Roses, Gwar, Halford (Rob), Hammer fall, Hank williams jr., Haystak, Helloween, Hibria, HIZAKI Grace Project, How like a winter, Iced Earth, Immolation, Impending doom, Incantation, Iron Butterfly, Iron Maiden, Joe Stump, John Holt, Johnny Cash, Journey, Judas Priest, Kamelot, Kansas, KISS, Kiaus, Knorkator, Korpiklanni, Kreator, Lacuna Coil, Lake of tears, Led Zepplin, Lordi, Lost Horizon, Lykathea Aflame, Malice Mizer, Marduk, Massgrav, Mayhem, Megadeth, Mercyful Fate, Meshuggah, Metal Church, Metallica, Midnattsol, Minor Threat, The Misfits, Moon Spell, Moter head, Motley Crue, Mozart, MUCC, My Dying Bride, Neaera, Night Wish, Nirvana, NOFX, Nokturnal Mortum, Novembers Doom, Old Mans Child, Opeth, Orphaned Land, OZZY, The Pack, Pantera, Pink Floyd, Phantasmagoria, Poison, Powerglove, Pyramaze, Queen, Queensryche, Quite Riot, Rage Against the machine, Rammstein, The Ramons, Rancid, Ratt, Red Hot Chile Peppers, Rhapsody Of Fire, Sabaton, Sammy Hagar, Saturnus, Scarling, Scorpions, Serj Tankian, Shade Empire, Sid Barret, Skyclad, Slaughter, Slayer, Solitude Aeturnus, Sonata Arctica, Spock's Beard, Stahlgewitter, Stratovarius, Stryper, Sublime, Suicide silence, Swallowed by the sun, Sylosis, Symphony X, System of a down, Tchaikovsky, Ted Nugent, Tenacious D, Tesla, Thergotten, Through the Eyes of the Dead, Tom petty, Tierra Santa, Trivium, Turisas, Ulver, Unsun, Valley Of Chrome, Van Halen, Veil of Maya, Versailles, Vitamin String Quartet, Warmen, White chaple, White Zombie, Winds of Plague, Wintersun, Wolfchant, Xandria, Y & T, Yngwie Malmsteen, ZZ-Top, 1349, 3 inches of blood,

I may say I'm impressed by your wide and very open-minded taste, Knight.

Thanks. I try not to limit myself to specific genres of music.

*scrapes jaw off the floor at the SIZE of your collection and tries in vain to fit it back into face so as to talk*

-Oh, wait, I don't need my jaw to type...

You have almost as much music as my husband! What's the size of your music folder? And I applaud you for your range in taste too- it's sad when people shut down on a genre because they haven't heard something good from it yet. You miss out on so much!

I have a huge collection of music too. I think its in part due to my um.. disorder.. But um anyway. Its nothing major.. Just a mood disorder. But my music ranges from Enya, to Slip Knot and Limp Bizkit then over to Enigma, then Clint Black, to Rob Zoombie to Sarah Brightman and so on. Im really all over the place, it depends on my mood. And I love soundtracks the most. Its like Im watching the movie in my head.. its very cool. Man do I sound nuts? Oh well.

Not really. I've been using music to bank, curb or sometimes directly alter my moods for years. It does occasionally backfire but I can't be running to the doctor every day, really.

Well, My iPod classic is 120 gigs,I think I have about 60 gigs of music on there. Its not synced up to my itunes collection due to the fact I only have so much room on my comp ((I NEED A NEW COMP WITH MORE SPACE!!)). Yea, I try to listen to as much music as possible. I did leave a lot of what i have out of that list, But you'll notice I don't really care for modern rock, Ska or country. 3 types of music I have a hard time listening to.

I like that you have a wide variety of music tastes Black Mage. For me it's a little of everything to. Like rap, rock, pop, hip-hop, i love the classics (helps me study) I listen to country thanks to Taylor Swift (She's the only country I listen to) I also am a huge fan of JPOP/JRock -anime craze I know. :)

Yea Im in to some Jrock too, mostly Gackt, I love the song "Vanilla" he does. But I do like some JMetal bands like Versailles and HIZAKI Grace Project. Also some more obscure J music like Malice Mizer (with Gackt) and The Candy Spooky Theater. All these Japanese bands I was turned onto by a friend who I met just recently.

Can you recommend any good J-pop?

Oooh! Yeah- BoA, Tommy Heavenly6, Chieko Kawabe,Do As Infinity, Puffy Ami Yumi, SCANDAL, melody. ... To name a few, but there are sooo much more out there. Check it all out on youtube! Love their videos! <3

Thanks Chii, I'll Check them out!

cooooliosss!!! Tell me which you like most kay? :)

Awesome, I've spent the morning listening to assorted J-pop! I think my favorite is "Tommy Heavenly6" so far.

Heres one song that I'm a little hooked on, It's halloween themed too.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF2II4TooWM"]YouTube - Tommy Heavenly6 - Lollipop Candy BAD Girl[/ame]

Shes hot, Please PLEASE tell me its not a J-pop pretty boy!!

OOh I love that one too and Papermoon from the anime Soul Eater. It's sick! That's all I have to say ^_^

oh and btw that's a girl!!

XD

Hmmm I seem to like anything that's.....different. You know out of the norm type of stuff you do not hear everyday. I've also gotten into liking some smoother tunes and piano stuffs.

More or less though I find my likes to be all over the board. But I am not one for heavy head banging and loud loud music. (Sorry October) Certain things inspire me and some songs I like just for the potential it has as a credits song or an intro song.

Now back to the RP section.

For the longest time I thought BoA was a man. But that was before I heard her sing.