Food Allergies

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
Nobody likes em, but many people have them. Some are common, some are rare and some are just plain bizarre.

What are your food allergies? What happens when you eat them?

I'm allergic to shellfish, nuts and some citrus fruits. I go into full anaphylaxis with all of them but shellfish seems to be much less of a waiting period when I swell up. I look like Popeye had a go at me.

Reactions: Greenie
Walnuts and pecans, which is unfortunate because I love them. ;w;

Also eggplants. I can't eat them unless I have a lot of yogurt along with it.

I'm lucky enough not to be allergic to any foods. However, my hubby is allergic to certain types of fish, tuna being one of the main ones. Other than that, I'm fortunate enough not to have to deal with any allergies with my kids. We thought my daughter might have been allergic to peaches when she was younger, but it turned out to be a fluke outbreak of hives. Never did figure out what caused it...

We thought my daughter might have been allergic to peaches when she was younger, but it turned out to be a fluke outbreak of hives. Never did figure out what caused it...
Your body changes every seven years. How long did she have this reaction?

I'm allergic to pumpkins. Seeds, Pumpkin Flavored Everything... so yeah when fall comes around and it's Pumpkin Spice everything... time to stay in the house. I break out into hives, bad ones for like a week. If skin contact or ingested... hives....

I'm allergic to grapes, apples, almonds, and cow's milk. They all make my digestive system go on self-destruct mode to varying degrees, but while apples have the least severe reaction as far as my digestion goes, they make my throat close up, so I technically have the worst reaction from those.

Pomegranate, which didn't used to be a problem as a kid but now it's a "superfood" and it's in so many more things.
I have no real idea what it tastes like because it causes vomiting and throat swelling too quickly in the few instances it's cropped up. So at least I can't crave it, I guess.

Your body changes every seven years. How long did she have this reaction?
Now this would explain my sudden allergy towards nuts. D8

My stomach starts to hate me when I eat nuts, or certain types of beans. A little is fine, but my mom once made pancakes with a bit of crushed nuts in them and I was down for a few days with heavy cramps. I just start to feel really bloated, get nauseous and bleh... So that little bit is just a real little bit. Sadness, because I also used to love fried broad beans, but can't eat them anymore along with pistachios, almonds and the likes.

Also grapes. My face just decides to swell up and break out in angry itchy patches if I had a few. I used to love grapes as a kid, so much that my family still teases me about it today.

Green kiwis and fresh pineapples as well. Pineapples from the can are fine, so are the golden kiwifruits with me. However, eating fresh pineapples or the green type of kiwis makes my tongue itch unpleasantly.

I'm allergic to all kinds of nuts-- as a kid I was able to eat them, but maybe around 13 years old, I had a very slight reaction to hazelnuts (but was still able to eat them without any severe symptoms.) Around 16 or so I started to experience throat swelling from peanut butter, so now I avoid nut products and have to carry an epipen. I miss banana and peanut-butter sandwiches.

I have an intolerance to lactose, which I found out pretty early on. Accidentally ate a habanero when I was either 1 or 2, and was given a lot of milk to try and counteract the burn. Ended up feeling very sick to my stomach while I still had a burning mouth. Thankfully lactose free stuff is easier to get nowadays.

Also shellfish... crab tasted so good. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.