Fomorian Defense Force

V

verstehen

Original poster
Fomorian Defense Force: King B

Officially Unofficial Opening Theme: Omoide wa Okkusenman by Jam Project.

Accepting New Characters: Yes. At least three FDF pilots and two kaiju are needed before we started. More could definitely work.
Posting Expectations: A post a week from each involved player will keep me happy. If you are comfortable with at least getting three hundred or so words, even more, out per IC then that would be boffo. Going past 1,200 might be pushing it though; I personally don’t likes walls of text.
Rating: Pg-13. Collateral damage is handwaved. Occasional fanservice.

Intro:

In the near future, a discovery made in the Aztec ruins which were jumped upon by a group of Japanese archeologist, and by another in the Egyptian ruins. Tablets and hieroglyphics telling of giants and powerful suits of armor, all of which strikingly similar, and all giving what seemed to be instructions left for the royal families for when another “crisis” happened. These discoveries were kept under wraps, quickly seized by the Japanese government, with similar findings also obtained by a bribed British team who searched the Mesopotamian ruins. The translation process took long enough, but soon the realization came that what they were dealing with was beyond that of their current scientist.

That was until the very eccentric, very childish, and quite possibly insane Dr. Tadashi Hiraga was on the job. Where others were stumped for a year, he found solution in a month, or at least claimed to. The actual translator was a Ms. Reiko Akoga (you get a cookie if you can spot the pun), who was simply hired to fetch coffee and look pretty. The day straight back from the hospital after a head injury caused by a hail sized meteorite, she could read the text without knowing why, and she thus wasn’t believed. So Dr. Hiraga was quickly given the upmost attention by the Special Defense Force, to which he demanded that select children, aged six to sixteen, from military families would be taken and trained as pilots for the future recreations of the ancient giants, or Fomorians, as he called them. These children became known as special SDF until called the FDF, or Fomorian Defense Force.

Despite her assumed foolishness, Reiko wasn’t fired from her job. However, after only a year of the Fomorian project’s development, Reiko ran off with number of Dr. Hiraga’s blueprints. This was only a day after the first reported sighting of an Anklosauruslike monster rampaging through the Kansai region, which sent the media and Otaku in an uproar, somewhat calmed by the press release and first prototype of the Fomorian project. After her escape, Reiko was put on Japan’s most wanted for treason, and has been rumored to be in leagues with the yakuza.

A decade later, and the pilots (now ages 16 to 26, both very dangerous ages in very different ways) have almost perfected their control over their machines. But more importantly, it looks like they are going to be needed. Two weeks ago, a string of meteors have been reported to have fallen at the islands with surprising frequency, shortly followed by what has been reported as a return of Kaiju attacks, though they seemed confused and uncoordinated. The two attackers were suppressed by regular SDF forces, to the surprise that the things changed into something that looked quite human- the subjects have been under heavy interrogation and testing since. However, the Anklosauruslike Kaiju, suspected to be Reiko Akoga, appeared again, joined by three other Kaiju. Together, they beat SDF forces with ease. Going through major repairs and maintenance after a major training exercise the FDF was unable to be of any assistance. However, Dr. Hiraga, piloting a Fomorian prototype, was able to stall long enough for remaining SDF forces to safely escape with the two captured kaiju.

The department is enraged, as the final combined form of the Fomorians is incomplete, though each individual one is confirmed ready for action. The Japanese government is refuses to accept foreign help in this crisis. However, it has been discovered that Dr. Hiraga has been having surprise meetings with the U.S president, raising even further department suspicion to the FDF’s father.

FDF Pilots

A Fomorian pilot and Kaiju are like night and day. A pilot relies on a manual control and teamwork with their fellow SDF pilots, and have all been training for the SDF since childhood to skillfully use their individual Fomorians. Each pilot was tested to determine what sort manual control scheme would best suit their mindset, with each control scheme taking years to master; each pilot knows their own Fomorian inside and out almost as well as the Dr. Hiraga himself, with other pilots not able to control their Formorian’s with the precision that their chosen pilot could. As a further security measure, all of each Fomorian’s more prodigious features such as its transformations and special combat moves must be activated via special voice commands. Being repairable and possessing an ejectable cockpit also makes a Fomorian safer. The differences in styles are particularly obvious in the SDF’s trump card, the ability of the Fomorians to combine into an even more powerful robot, the towering cyclops called King B.

But of course, these come with some big drawbacks. Fomorian need regular maintenance, only able to be launched at the SDF headquarters. And while King B is more powerful than the sum of its parts, it being the prototype phase, it highly unstable and unreliable. Even the fusion in the first place, though the sheer coordinated effort, proves difficult to perform. King B is currently deemed a last resort.

An FDF pilot is also a competent fighter outside of his or her mech, receiving not only regular military training, but also training in a unique high-tech weapon such as a beam katana or lazer pistol. Together these weapons can be combined into a hulking, powerful cannon.

And while the graveness of the mission and Dr. Hiraga’s eccentricies certainly give the pilots an odd leeway for not being too strictly militarylike, they do at least have uniforms when deployed, though they vary in color from pilot to pilot.

Male.
Female.
Minus katana, obviously.

Pics from Studio Qube.

Sheet

Name: (Please make it Japanese.)
Age: (Between sixteen and twenty six, so you can play a young adult if you want, or a teen. Meanwhile, the age gaps can still mean that mentor and student dynamics can take place between the team. However, the age limits are worth noting. Sixteen just tends to be a very dangerous and momentous age in fiction, especially Japanese fiction, obviously drawing from the classic of four representing death. Meanwhile, twenty six is a special age for Japanese women because of the term Chirstmas cake. Like how a Christmas cake there isn’t really wanted after the twenty fifth of December, a single woman past twenty five isn’t exactly seen as ideal marriage material, a bit of a loser.)

Appearance: (Please remember is less is sometimes more, particularly if you want us to think your character is attractive. This is particularly because beauty is subjective, people just have different taste. And let’s not forget that all the facets of a character’s nose integral to the plot? You can go outrageous, and the pilot will have clothes other than their uniform, obviously. Blue hair and the like are generally to be excused by “them crazy fashion trends”.

(Also note that getting the chance to claim red as the color of your character’s uniform won’t mean jack squat to me. It won’t automatically make him/her the leader if the group, remember that their boss is Dr. Hiraga. But if the other players want the your red pilot to take up the mantle as the leader of the squad, that’s totally fine And just because dude character wear red and another automatically mean they have to be best friends and rivals with vast quantities of homoromantic subtext between the two. On the other hand, I won’t complain if I do see that. The point is that the color coding CAN be significant, but it isn’t law.)

Personality: (Going by color stereotypes can be a nice start, but like I”ve already stated, they don’t need to restrict you. And, as previously mentioned, the FDF is rather informal, so they all don’t really have to act like military types. On the other hand, one straight laced guy or gal could certainly add something a team filled with wild personalities. Also, note that teamwork is an essential theme, so it is very much advised to think about how pilot’s personality would complement and contrast those of others in the group.

(All around, a couple paragraphs will be satisfying for me if I get a clear picture. A s much as I love a really planed out character, complex character, I so realize the practicality and ease in starting with a few basic concepts, taking them for a test drive early in the rp, and finally having things fleshed out later on. Also, because they were thrust into the position by the government against their will, I can understand a little bit of angst for one of the pilots. However, when push comes to shoving a skyscraper, make sure they have more of a drive to do what they do than simply because the gov says so.)

Background: (Admittedly, you don’t really have much to work with here. You can skim over the ten years of training a bit, filling in a few gaps when the whole gang is assembled, collaborating with them on any important details. You do possibly have up to sixteen free years to work with. It doesn’t have to be accurate to Japanese culture.)

Weapon: (You won’t actually be likely to use this much. Should relate to Fomorian somewhat. If the pilot hulks around a gatling gun, the Fomorian will be likely to have a have at least one rapid fire type special attack or perhaps even a gatling gun of its own. Multiple weapons are only allowed if they work as a set, such as short sword and a long sword being used in tandem by samurai style fighter.)

Skills: (Anything noncombat taught to the pilot in their traing, such as being a trained medic. May be incorporated into their fighting style somewhat, like gymastics. This can be good for flavor, too. Note that this doesn’t mean super natural powers, that’s what the giant robots are for.)

Fomorain Name: (Please use the name of a Fomorian or half Fomorian from Celtic mythology. It doesn’t really have to fit. You can, optionally, leave this blank, and let me find an appropriate name.)

Fomorain Appearance: (Go wild here. However, let’s just say that all Fomorians range from fifteen to eighteen meters tall. All are humanoid, though some animal like characteristics can be added, such as the classic animal head as a chestplate, is said animal is associated with mythological Fomorians, such as a goat or bull.)

Control System: (How the Fomorian is piloted. A vidgame controller? A more realistic, baroque system like that of a helicopter, mayhaps? What about drawing from G Gundan, and having the Fomorian mimic the movements of the pilot inside of it; perfect for martial artist. This is all really for flair more than anything else. Only cockpit based stuff; no remote comtrols.)

Special Attacks/Weapons: (Seriously, you don’t have to go crazy here in explaining how the stuff; I’d be really surprised if I found any one thing in this section to be more than one paragraph. Obviously, I do expect the classics like rocket punches, eye beams, swords from nowhere, chest blast, and fancy weapon maneuvers. Hopefully not breast missiles, but I know they will be suggested. The general control here, however, is that more your mech has, the less we should assume each individual perk actually does. So, if all a Fomorian has is a warhammer, I assume that Fomorian to be the super bruiser of the team, and the hammer to be the best god damned hammer there is. Also, a pilot does not not have to nessesarilly yell the names of every special attack or name every weapon; it just depends on the pilot. For a martial artist or just a plain show off, this is a duh. Also remember they the FDF are certainly in the public eye, and the mecha fanatics are certain to look up the pilots. Thus, the pilot maight simply call the attacks because that’s what he or she thinks the fans would be overjoyed to hear.)

Abilities: (You don’t need this, but it can help. Anything extra, not specially combat. Being amphibious or having the gift flight as obvious examples. However, they can be related to the above, such as a toning down a high pressure water cannon for more mild, practical uses like putting out fires.)

Kaiju

The first compatible organism, the only known one being human, that one of the “meteors” comes in contact is targeted by it. If it is successful, they enter a symbiotic relationship. Even though the host at least initially keeps its individual mind, they fuse into a single organism. A tell tale mark is always present on the host, such as a third eye, one arm being completely covered in scales, or something else related to his or her monster form.

When the host is danger, it rapidly grows into monstrous form, comparable in size to Fomorian. Of course, the natural name for the Japanese public to call such a thing is a Kaiju (ex. Godzilla), which roughly translates into “mysterious monster“. Human language sees impossible for a Kaiju, though they automatically seem to learn their own “kaiju” language which can be crudely spoken in human tongue. Kaiju are even further connected in that they can sense when another of their kind transforms into or out of the monstrous form. When the body feels as if it is out of danger or simply too weak to fight any longer, the Kaiju passes out and changes back into the human form.

Lastly, it should be noted that a Kaiju’s destructive power greatly varies; although adrenaline is part of it, strong emotions seem greatly correlated with it’s strength. In other words, the more afraid/ fired up/ etc. a Kaiju is in its monster form, the more powerful it is. Potentially, some of the researchers’ theorist that particularly gifted and unstable Kaiju could a power by even the combined form of the Fomorians

It has been suspect that Reiko Akoga is attempting to organize kaiju into a “terrorist group of mass destructive power.

The government is also at odds at whether or not to give kaiju human rights, given the crisis.

Sheet

Name: (Please make it Japanese.)
Appearance: (See above, minus the uniforms. Detail with the tell tale mark, the little abnormality that can make it obvious they are a kaiju if it isn’t hidden well enough.
Personality: (See FDF. Don’t treat the monster form as a sperate personality. If they have been a kaiju for a long time, then they can perhaps become more barbaric, though this is as a whole.)
Background: (You can go more in depth if you want. Mention when he or she first had contact with one of the meteors. Also note if he or she has met Reiko yet. Currently, you can skim things in that area until I actually get Reiko up.)
Skills: ( What is your character good at? Not likely to have much impact on combat. This can be good for flavor, too.
Weapon(s): (Optional, and not really important. Nothing fanxy and high tech.)
Monster Name: (Does the Japanese public have any special name for the monstrous form, if it has emerged yet?)
Monster Appearance: (Not nessesially hindlegs, though make sure to put in the same size class as a Fomorian. And while I understand the parallel, please refrain from making a wolfman.)
Special Attacks/Weapons: (Same as with Fomorians, though there’s obviously a more “natural” flavor when dealing with. Horns instead of swords. Lots of mouth blast. Remember that a kaiju has so special powers while in human form. )
Abilities: (See above. How else do we know the wings X has are not just for show..)

Others?

I’m open for ideas. Actually, the mention of America dealings is partially for this. Perhaps America now has access to a Fomorian. Essentially this can mean a “sixth ranger”, so speak. Maybe an American secret agent. Maybe… the prez him/herself? Just don’t expect everyone to welcome you quickly if you don’t hide your identity.

Interesting....very interesting....

I'm game. I've been looking for a mech RP. I just have to plot out whether I want a pilot or a Kaiju.

*lol* Well, FDF pilot it is. WIP.

Name: Yuzuki Arashi

Appearance:

Personality: At first glance, Yuzuki is the lazy, unmotivated woman who would much rather snooze than train. She doesn't complain but you know she's reluctant to do whatever it is you tell her to. She doesn't take orders well and she resents people who attempt to force their authority onto her. When she's in a good mood, she's laidback and extremely patient, difficult to anger and likes being around people. She'll joke and tease and occassionally flirt. In battle, she's focused and observant, and, if the enemy has done something to piss her off, utterly ruthless. She has a very cold philosophy about battle: "Expect no mercy, give none in return." Besides, wouldn't there be less enemies to worry about if you killed them before they killed you?

Basically, she's a friendly woman who is fiercely loyal to her friends. She just acts lazy because she's tired of being a FDF pilot and she doesn't like to waste energy. She conserves it for when she has to fight or run or a myriad of other things that comes with being ... well, her.

Background: Yuzuki was one of those "lucky" (insert sarcasm here) kids picked to become a FDF pilot. Before she left to train, she grew up and was very close to a man named Ryuu. She eventually found him years later and but the night they reunited, he was struck by a meteor. She's very worried about him but he hasn't returned any of her calls ...

Weapon: (You won’t actually be likely to use this much. Should relate to Fomorian somewhat. If the pilot hulks around a gatling gun, the Fomorian will be likely to have a have at least one rapid fire type special attack or perhaps even a gatling gun of its own. Multiple weapons are only allowed if they work as a set, such as short sword and a long sword being used in tandem by samurai style fighter.)

Skills: (Anything noncombat taught to the pilot in their traing, such as being a trained medic. May be incorporated into their fighting style somewhat, like gymastics. This can be good for flavor, too. Note that this doesn’t mean super natural powers, that’s what the giant robots are for.)

Fomorain Name: [I need help with this]

Fomorain Appearance: (Go wild here. However, let’s just say that all Fomorians range from fifteen to eighteen meters tall. All are humanoid, though some animal like characteristics can be added, such as the classic animal head as a chestplate, is said animal is associated with mythological Fomorians, such as a goat or bull.)

Control System: (How the Fomorian is piloted. A vidgame controller? A more realistic, baroque system like that of a helicopter, mayhaps? What about drawing from G Gundan, and having the Fomorian mimic the movements of the pilot inside of it; perfect for martial artist. This is all really for flair more than anything else. Only cockpit based stuff; no remote comtrols.) She sits in a chair and uses

Special Attacks/Weapons: (Seriously, you don’t have to go crazy here in explaining how the stuff; I’d be really surprised if I found any one thing in this section to be more than one paragraph. Obviously, I do expect the classics like rocket punches, eye beams, swords from nowhere, chest blast, and fancy weapon maneuvers. Hopefully not breast missiles, but I know they will be suggested. The general control here, however, is that more your mech has, the less we should assume each individual perk actually does. So, if all a Fomorian has is a warhammer, I assume that Fomorian to be the super bruiser of the team, and the hammer to be the best god damned hammer there is. Also, a pilot does not not have to nessesarilly yell the names of every special attack or name every weapon; it just depends on the pilot. For a martial artist or just a plain show off, this is a duh. Also remember they the FDF are certainly in the public eye, and the mecha fanatics are certain to look up the pilots. Thus, the pilot maight simply call the attacks because that’s what he or she thinks the fans would be overjoyed to hear.)

Abilities: (You don’t need this, but it can help. Anything extra, not specially combat. Being amphibious or having the gift flight as obvious examples. However, they can be related to the above, such as a toning down a high pressure water cannon for more mild, practical uses like putting out fires.)

I'm in a similar dilemma Ala.

Name: Ryuunosuke (龍之介) or Ryuu(龍) for short

Ryuu is a little over average height with medium length white hair. His mouth, though once never far away from a smile is now kept carefully shut to hide his upper and lower incisors have elongated into fangs and his tongue is forked.

His eyes still reflect the fire they had in when he was a teen and although lean hes body is toned and fit.

Personality: He can be snarky at time but it goes with a smile and a jibe and if he knows you fell enough a playful punch of the shoulder. Hes in many ways the kid he was ten years ago, becoming a Kaiju only caused him to withdraw away from those he knew and his jibes are no longer a good natured as they were. He fells it wasn't his fault he was struck by the meteor and feels betrayed by the society that would take his rites from him for something he had no control over. Ryuu also has, and is a gearhead. His passion for bikes started when he was barely old enough to walk and only grew with time, it has been said that if he spent as much time studying as he did working on his bike he would have gotten into any university he wanted.

Background: Ryuu was no stranger to the formation of the FDF. His best friend was chosen to be one of the pilots and while they hadn't spoken he had followed all the new to could on the project. Eventually they met again and while they were rekindling their relationship it happened. The rock penetrated his body and knocked him across the park but he survived, but he was never the same. So far he has not been contacted by any other Kaiju.

He learned Kickboxing mainly so that he could keep Yuzuki Arashi out of the trouble she invariably created for them both though after he never amounted to much academically, and with her gone to be trained by the FDF he turned it into a career. And since his first fight at 18 hes made enough to fuel his other passion, although he still has the same bike his father bought him hes upgraded and modified it to make it less of a machine and more of a roaring, rampaging beast.

Skills: Talented kickboxer (with friends like his you HAD to be) decent cook.

Weapon(s): Nothing really, never really needed one.

Monster Name: Has not emerged yet.

2h6bo08.jpg

RYuu’s bestial form is a large black-scaled monstrosity reminiscent of the legendary dragons of Europe. While on His hind legs hes as tall as a Fomorian though hes usually on all fours, his head raised on his long, thick neck. Pure white eyes above powerful jaws, a row of pointed teeth gleam as his long flexible forked tongue carries scents to his brain. Spiral horns sweep back from his head with an array of flexible whip-like sensory nodes that can pick up slight vibrations in the air (though have difficulty telling direction) The shoulders are especially well-protected the scales forming spikes. The scales on his underside are pale yellow. His wings when not in ups are folded back not only to keep then out of the way but also to protect them.

Special Attacks/Weapons: Fire breath. Acidic bite and claws.

Abilities: Naturally tough hide, reliance to extreme heat, flight, perfect low light vision.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>Very sorry, I should have given an example. I am working on a profile right now. I'll have it up tonight at the least.
Vay, I fel like an arrogant prick for saying this to a mod, but I have a few issues.
For one, I can't see either of the pics. I didn't mention you had the option to use pictures, and the reason I didn't was that I was afraid this would happen. What made the uniforms different was because it's something that really isn't important or could be easily explained.
Also, what do you mean by "with friends like his you HAD to be"? Mind expanding on that in the background. Perhaps give a few highlights of his kickboxing carrear. I do realize that having no examples make things hard, so you can just hang tight until I post both examples. <o:p></o:p>
</o:p>

Woulda been on this faster if it hadn't been posted at 1AM my time.

Anyways, gonna go for a FDF pilot, focusing on energy manipulation and attacks. Probably female, and looking a bit at getter robo for inspiration, because a high crazyness content is cool.

Heh, no worries, though if you don't want pics you should say so. I'll add descriptions.

Name: Mabushii Kage (real name unknown)

Appearance:
kemvar_assassin.jpg
Has dramatically increased body heat, well over 100F. Skin has an orange glow. The suit diverts the excess heat away and hides the glow. Eyes still glow through the goggles though. All hair, including eyebrows, has long since burned away.

Personality: Mabushii is a bit of a cynic. He sees every death as the cleansing of the gene pool, as those not strong enough to survive can't possibly create offspring that can survive. Not surprisingly, he is a firm believer in 'survival of the fittest'.

Background: Mabushii was sold to an overseas corporation as an infant. There, he was trained to be a corporate assassin, putting the 'hostile' in 'hostile corporate takeover'. The company has since moved it's headquarters to Japan, and Mabushii went with them. However, he has recently been released from his duties, due to recent investigations by Interpol. According to Interpol files, he has recently been employed by a Miss Reiko Akoga.

Skills: Stealth, Assassination, Infiltration

Weapon(s): Shock Knife (a knife whose blade is hooked up to a tazer battery), standard Submachine gun

Monster Name: Xeno X

Monster Appearance:
agnaktor_by_dragonicwolf-d38wvui.png

Stands as tall as a Fomorian at his shoulder.

Special Attacks/Weapons: Heat Beam of Death- Fires a super hot beam of energy from mouth capable of melting through just about anything. Can sweep the beam in an arc.
Tail Slam- Swipes with tail
Body Check: Slams body sideways into enemy
Ram: Dives underground then charges the enemy

Abilities: Can burrow through the ground at high speeds. Lives in lava

Work In Progress

Haha! My experience with Monsterpocalypse shall give me an edge in creating a kaiju!

Hrmm...Kaiju...Kai-jew...Hmmm...

Should have fixed the pictures... reuploaded them to a different host.

Yay, it'll work. Welcome to the club.

Neko, GO FOR IT!!!

The Never There, now you're making me think of fifityfoot tall jews.

Anyway, Reiko will be coming, but first, here’s my take on the classic hot blooded delinquent hero. Obviously not the model hero, but something that seem required for something like this. Sorta Getter inspired. I’ll admit I got a little crazy on the background.

Name: Teruo Matsu

Appearance: Although slightly below average height, he is indeed wide. More of a block than a blob, his fat obscures muscle. All in all, a healthy physique despite his habits. Brown hair, brown eyes. He has a shaved head but his mustache and eyebrows are both bushy, all framed on a long, square jawed face. You’lll often find him an army tank and fatigues. And, childish as it may seem, he is never without his teru teru bozu charm. His FDF uniform is copper and bronze colored.

Personality: Teruo is the type that works hard. He’s straight forward and blunt when the job Is involved, serious and determined when push comes to shove. He’s concerned with getign the job done, and has a competitive spirit, which can sometimes bringing tensions between him and other members of his team. But isn’t necessary a straight thinker, rushing in to things, but he doesn’t dilly dally in his decision making. Improvises. This shows in his G playing style, but because of how long he’s been playing it, Go is a special case. This wit, his loud motermouth, and rather expressive hands might have made him a good salesman. He certainly likes to make speeches.

On the other hand, Teruo is the type that parties hard. When the work is done, he doesn’t take things as seriously, but has the same energy. He simply adores the camera, an attention seeking little show off. Smokes drinks and gambles when he can. Not as good of a lair as he thinks he is. Not to mention makes corny jokes murders the art of karaoke. Likes to bring his teammates into his shenanegians. Go is, surprisingly, very relaxing for him, as is his ritual. This is so much so that he’d simply be a mess if he were to go a day without doing his ritual.

Background:

Like many born in the 70’s, Teruo’s mother, Yasu, was abandoned in a coinlocker as a baby. She was rescued and adopted by a caring family, but has known to have constant health problems. Despite the setbacks she’s made a name for herself as a professional in the Women’s Go League, her husband working as a construction worker at the times, but joining the SDF in four years time.

Because of all this, Yasu wanted to do for some other kid what was done for her; Teruo was both given up and adopted while still in his infancy. Teruo’s parents were determined to make him succeed from an early age. When Teruo wasn’t studying, he was being taught Go, an ancient but constantly evolving board game. Occasionally, Yasu would take her son to see Takarazuka plays with her as a reward for hard work. And while Teruo did grow to love the shows, they weren’t the real reason such outings were a reward; they were a meeting place. It was at these shows that Teruo met a boy named Toru. To put it simply, Toru was like a cool big bro. Just before a big exams, Teruo became completely zonked- the only thing that helped him pass was Toru visiting to encourage him to carry on, making a special charm as a reminder, a weather charm called a teru teru bozu. A charm that became part of Teruo’s daily rituals. They consist of what is basically a psuedonurseyrhyme about the charm:

“Teru-teru-bozu, teru bozu
Do make tomorrow a sunny day
Like the sky in a dream sometime
If it's sunny I'll give you a golden bell

Teru-teru-bozu, teru bozu
If you make my wish come true
We'll drink lots of sweet rice wine

Teru-teru-bozu, teru bozu
But if the clouds are crying
Then I shall snip your head off”

Okay, It probably wasn’t exactly the best charm or chant, as Teruo only passed by the skin of his teeth. And thus, he couldn‘t get into the academy that was part of the plan, instead going to a normal middle school. Yasu went into overdrive as an education mama in attempt to compensate this. But Teruo was disappointed for a different reason: a transfer in his father’s job in meant he had move away from his home of Osaka and go to a different school than Toru.

With his mother’s strict schedule, and thus no Toru, for Teruo’s first year of middle school, he became very introverted. The only real fun he had was occasionally playing with the old men at one of the Go salons, which she encouraged, and was a good excuse to get out of the house. It was here that he as approached by a member of the middle school Go club, Michiko, the vice president. The son of a pro was certainly welcome, but she was also impressed by his own skill. And it was in this club that she became somewhat popular. He was definitely one of the better players alright, but the many of the kids just wanted to get close to his mother, with the exception of Michiko. These friends were nothing like Toru was, but he just got used to it, taking what he could get. He gave into a few, trying to schedule them teaching games with his mother, but he eventually grew very fond of teaching the new members herself, and many of these new recruits became genuine friends.

As Teruo continued to be part of the Go club, Yasu became, for once, hopeful in her son, loosening her reigns a bit. And so, Teruo became insistent on trying to rekindle her friendship with Toru. They’d both changed a lot, but tried to anyway. Toru now seemed to have his own problems, and thus couldn’t exactly be the Obiwan he used to be for Teruo. Moreover, he had to balance his time between his new girlfriend and Teruo. Bros over hoes and all that jazz, Teruo hated her guts, which lead to the two cutting ties completely. This only made Teruo fight harder in one of the Amateur Go tournaments the next day, and even though he lost, there was quiet the surprising development: Michiko asked him out. She was his best friend, and she was practically begging: it was embarrassing. But he said yes, and after a few weeks, he was showing her off to Toru, blatantly trying to make him jealous; it didn't work and even Michiko said Teruo was acting like a jerk.

The bridge to Toru burned to ashes, things with Michiko became a little awkward. Teruo didn't know- no, scratch that. He didn't want admit, why he didn't really like her, made worse because of how infatuated she was with him. Nonetheless, most of their dates somehow or another ended up with them going to the Go Salon, so he did rather enjoy them. On one in particular, Michiko was deeply concentrated in a game with one of the stronger of the regulars, a young man named Hajime. He was just as eager to play him as Michiko was, and found herself getting bored as their game dragged on.

Cocky with whatever twisted pride a guy fresh out of highschool could get from after beating a middleschool kid, Hajime thought he could beat Teruo too, whispering to he that he’d give him 6,000 yen if she could beat him. He couldn’t refuse that kind of money, and won. This became regular series of bets between the two, and most of the time, she came out on top.

It wasn’t long until some of the middleschool’s delinquents figured out what he was going and got real interested, and he became a sort of honorary member of the pack in no time. Together, Teruo and the delinquents have started to use the Go club as the subject of their own mini underground gambling ring. And in return, he made sure that a portion of the profits from that and some of the other activities of his new delinquent friends, such as bootlegging, to help fund the Go club. Only a few select members grew to know what was going on, and luckily, one of them it was Michiko, who took to the delinquent crowd much enthusically than he did. And a few of the delinquents joined the go club, making it less conspicuous to deal with them, while found slugging with them after school almost daily. Before the end of his second year, and Michiko’s third, Teruo met both members of the girl gang Michiko had gotten into and her brother. In his opinion, both were batshit crazy, and grew afraid of what their influence would do to Michiko.

When Michiko left for highschool and decided to join that school’s gang, Teruo decided it was time to hit the books and start to worry about his grades, though he still tired to make time for Michiko. But he was never one good at classes, so he resorted to some other means. Namely cheating. Finding the smart kids. Finding the old study guides. He tried to ease the responsibilities on overseeing the Go gambling, dumping on some of his trusted peers, whith his brawling staying pretty much the same. He decided to get in it for himself, and share he’d been accumulating for a price. And through his attempts at trying to master the art of the sale, he tried to teach himself to be much more extroverted, in the face of everyone than he ever was before. However, soon he figured out he’d need more people, for things to get more networked, to really make his service inclusive and profitable. However, he wasn’t exactly able to take his lesson in delinquency to highschool like he thought he would.

Just because of his father, he randomly chosen as a one of guney pigs for the Fomorian project. IT was certainly a different environment. The punk was shown how to really fight, a certain amount of discipline was beated out of him, almost literally. Actually witnessing the power of the Fomorians in the early test didn’t hurt his enthusuaim for the job either. However, this hasn’t stopped him from sneaking in a fun, so to speak. His father literally lost an arm and a leg in kaiju attack, so he's still trying regain composure simply from that. Currently, his boisterous behavior has gotten him the most flak from the media.

Weapon: Areadbhar, a metal spear with a drill as the head. A couple switches along the shaft can activate it

Skills: Gambling.

Fomorain Name: Lugh

Fomorain Appearance: Lugh is lanky marionettelike robot, built for speed. Not what you’d expect from the man who pilots it. It’s mainly a dull metalic color thoughout. A hound’s head covers the chest, it’s color the copper of Teruo’s suit. This same ordamentation is repeated on the shoulders, facing sideways. The head emulates a face in features, up the eyes, which are a long, again copper colored, triangular crest obscures the forehead as if it wore a pointy hat. A blue narrow visor along the crest replaces the eyes. The same crest is emulated on the elbows and kneecaps with a blue streak of paint replacing the visor.

Control System:

When Teruo open a hatch on the head, he enters a shaft that is the size and shape of a clost. Goggles are put on him that let him see what Lugh would see along with an HUD and a windowed view of the cockpit. Cables shoot out the floor and attaching themselves to his feet and legs via slots in the suit, securing him. Each wall is complete ridded with levers, switches, knobs, dials, and flashing buttons galore that would seemed completely incomprehensible to anybody else. Doesn’t really look very high tech at all. Although it would seem like a arduous and simply backward way to command something humanoid, it’s all second nature to Teruo now.

But regardless, he still yells out the names of his special attacks.

Special Attacks/Weapons:

Areadbhar Mk2, the super sized, robo version of Teruo’s weapon. However, there is a rocket booster at the end.

Mt. Koya- A golden colored dome sheiled with bladed on it’s side, looking the blades of the sun. Actually doubles as a circular saw. Also features small rockets on it’s bottom.

Fierce Striker- The Areadbhar Mk2 is thrown like a jaelien and flys, drilling into whatever it hits. Because of this, it must be retrieved manually, so using can mean losign it.

Turbo Wheel- Saw blade spinning, the shield is launched out. Asfer a hit or deflection, it will attempt to fly back to Lugh. However, it can be intercepted.

Falinnish Fangs- The mouths on the mech’s chest and shoulder, along with that of the actual head, open up, releasing a hail of cluster missiles. It’s the sheer quantity and ability to spread to multiple targets that’s the threat. However, loading everything up is a slow process. In other words, it generally takes a post to prepare, and can be interrupted. Lugh’s strongest attack. Must be stationary while using it.

Abilities:

Lightning Flasher- Hirsga’s messing around with teleportation technology. Only being able for use for short distances, in comparison to the size of the Fomorian. Typically useful in getting past a barrier or getting behind an opponent. Think of it as a dashing in a quick burst of speed. Repeated usage is very draining. Obviously teleporting it the wrong. When it can’t teleport into something, simply displaced, often basically thrown off into a random direction if the object isn’t something it could normally just smash through.

Well, here is what I have so far. Probably gonna expand on the background some. Vers, you're more than welcome to offer feedback.

Name: Misaki Akitsu
Appearance: Misaki's a slender girl, and conforms quite well to the traditional standards of japanese beauty. She's just a bit tall and a bit too tan to be perfect, but oh well, you take what you can. Her uniform is black and purple, with the addition of a black choker that she wears whenever piloting and during most of her downtime.

Out of uniform, Misaki most often wears either her school uniform or some jeans and a t-shirt. Her wardrobe is dictated by necessity-at school, the uniform is required, and outside of school, she's been trained to expect attack at any time. Skirts do not mix well with combat.
Personality: Misaki is a kind and calm person. She likes to avoid conflicts, but by no means is she scared of them-under the calm exterior is determination as hard as steel. Misaki tends to be very passive, and works hard to make sure that everyone works together well. She's a little bit shy, as most of her life has been absorbed by training and school, leaving little time for friends.

Background: Misaki's father is a serious military man, but growing up the most trouble for her came from her mother. Her mother was determined for her daughter to be the best there was-the smartest, the prettiest, and the most desirable for a young man to marry. Learning that some whacko had chosen her to be a soldier only made her redouble her efforts, all of which the young Misaki bore in silence.
Weapon: two machetes, each of which can produce a shocking effect on what they strike.
Skills: Misaki is a good cook-learning how to cook is the one thing her father ever forced her to do.

Fomorain Name: Cethlenn
Fomorain Appearance: Cethlenn is sleek and feminine, going so far as to have breasts and what looks like hair. It is predominantly white in color, and has what looks like a circlet with a gem in the center upon its head. The two larger versions of Misaki's machetes are stored on its back.
Control System: Misaki goes into into a hatch on the back of Cethlenn's neck, and ends up in a small cockpit with panoramic views of the area projected onto the walls, with a small HUD displayed on some seperate screens in front of her. Misaki controls the movements of Cethlenn through two handles she can grasp and a few keypads. The handles are connected to a support structure that lets Misaki move them around the cabin to some degree. It's hard to do the crazy acrobatic stunts that fill Misaki's fighting style, but she has had quite some time to master it.
Special Attacks/Weapons:
Buster Beam- Cethlenn fires a beam of energy from the gem on its forehead. It's a long, continuous beam, and can be used for cutting things apart.

Buster Shot-Cethlenn gathers energy in the gem on its forhead, before releasing it in a single powerful blast.

Dynamic Fist-Gethlenn gathers energy on one of its fists and punches the target, releasing the built up energy into them for extra damage.

Shocking Slasher-there are two larger versions of Misaki's machetes on Cethlenn's back, with both having the shocking effect.

Angel Wall-Cethlenn holds one or both of its palms in front of it, creating an energy shield.

Heat Hair-Cethlenn's "hair" is actually a series of heat sinks, and as such the extremely hot strands can be used to strike with some measure of effectiveness. Probably the weakest and least practical of all of Cethlenn's weapons, but it's not really meant as a weapon, so hey.

Misaki didn't really bother naming her weapons, so these are the names that mecha fans came up with for her.

Abilities: Cethlenn's main strength, and the reason why Misaki wears a choker when piloting it, is that the output of the Formorain's reactor is directly proportional to the pilot's emotional intensity. The problem with this is that the extra energy released feeds back into the pilot, driving them into a more and more intense battle fervor. With most test pilots this led to brief periods of unstoppable rage, followed by exploding. Misaki was chosen as the pilot specifically because she is an exceptionally calm person, with the choker acting as an emergency safety measure-should she start to lose herself to the power of Cethlenn, it can be remotely activated to inject tranquilizers straight into her bloodstream.

Well, pretty much done with Misaki. Might change her weapons to some perfectly rectangular swords, alter the control scheme, or expand on her history, but the stuff is there.