FNAF Search! (21+. Mainly looking for Sun/Moon.)

RaccoonGoon

Aw Jeez...
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Online times vary greatly. Timezone is PDT.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Modern, modern fantasy, romance, mixed slice-of-life, horror
Hey there!

This craving came back full force (like William Afton). As the title states, I'm looking for someone to play Sun/Moon, with me playing a canon or OC human (male or female). But I'll also consider any other male animatronic x human ideas!

Some fnaf-related things to get out of the way:
  • Aside from Fnaf 2, I haven't played any of the games. I'm too much of a wuss to do more than watch Markiplier's lets plays and vids breaking down the plot and lore. That said, I've kept up with the series since the first days of the original game.
  • I'm not a fan of the canon lore. It's a convoluted mess, and I'd like to pick out what makes sense and ditch what is just plain confusing.
  • I'm open to AUs! There's some good ones popping up - I'm especially partial to anything set in a cryptid or mafia type setting. Really anything that grabs these characters and shoves them into a whole new environment is cool with me.
  • Speaking of AUs, if you want to throw out everything but the barebone characteristics of the Daycare Attendant to spin them as your own vision of the character(s), then I'm 100% for that.
  • I'm on a Sun/Moon high, so come at me with any ideas, even if they're not related to the plots below!

About me:

• I am 21+. My partner needs to be the same. I'm in my late-twenties, so the older a writing partner is the more comfortable I feel.
  • I greatly enjoy angst/darker themes such as drug use, cursing, and some level of violence/gore. If someone is exceptionally squeamish, then I may not be the best person to write with. That said, please let me know of any concerns and I will adjust!
  • As above, this could also include psychological torture, possible self-harm, and emotional trauma. Not a necessity, but it's all on the table. Anything that turns the story into something gritty to mix with hurt/comfort fluff is what I crave!
  • Romance not required! Redstar content is entirely optional and so is romance! Found family is just as good.
  • I'm pretty flexible when it comes to tame and extreme Redstar content. I have some hard no's, but I can give more details if asked.
  • My post length varies, though I average about 2-4 paragraphs. Inspiration can hit me hard, so my posts might be randomly long if the scene's good. Quality over quantity and all that.
  • Post times will vary. I'm in the US and work the average office job, so I'll be lurking around throughout the day (Pacific time zone...I think?), but IC posts tend to be saved for really slow days or after work/weekends. A post or two a day is what I strive for if I have the time. If not, at the very least a post a week.
  • I fully expect proper grammar. I want to write with someone who loves writing and shows it.
  • I'm pretty ghost-friendly. Life happens, things don't last forever. Pop back in whenever you feel like and we'll get something going again!
  • Doubling isn't my thing. If a partner isn't into playing a certain character for their own interest, then we just aren't compatible.
  • PM is my top preference, but I'm down for anything my partner prefers.
  • Writing samples available! I might ask for one in return!

Okay...Now on to what I have in mind!

If a canon character you're interested in isn't listed, feel free to suggest! Chances are I'll play them if they line up with my own interests.

Mike Schmidt just wants to live his life. His experience with Freddy's Pizzeria is long, long over - He's done the therapy, he's done the recovering. Now he just wants to move on and forget, even as the new Fazbear restaurant looms nearby. The restaurant that goes up in flames one night. Mike can't stop himself from checking out the aftermath - Why? Who knows. He tells himself it's for closure he never got.

Not much is left, the building is nothing but a skeleton reaching up over the parking lot. Whatever started the fire, it didn't spare a damn thing. Except for the animatronic left sitting against the trash cans. Mike studies it, tries to figure out which classic character its supposed to be but comes up completely empty. He's never seen an animatronic like it. Even through the ash layered over its body, he can tell it's a completely new character, and it sparks his curiosity.

It isn't until he's brought the animatronic home and is about to set it to charge that he realizes just what the fuck he's doing. Well, too late now. He's never been one to quit a bad situation, after all.
‎ ‎
  • I have a hard time wrapping my head around the story, so I'm relying on this vid for Vanessa lore. With some changes, since this falls near AU territory.
  • Any and all AU ideas welcome!
  • This all pivots on Vanessa being the main protagonist of Help Wanted, and if she collects and plays all the tapes. Vanny is less an alternate personality, but rather a chunk of the virus itself created by Glitchtrap and given sentience by Vanessa's subconscious. Instead of being Vanessa in a bunny suit, Vanny isn't actually a physical being at all. She can project herself as a hallucination and can mess with electronics, but she likely has a hard time controlling Vanessa completely. Vanny is indeed how the virus spread to the Pizzaplex, but she wasn't controlled by Glitchtrap. She was created by Glitchtrap to fulfill a purpose, and she's going to do it even if her host is making things difficult. (Instead of trying to bring Afton back, I think it's easier to say Vanny was meant to carry on his legacy by corrupting the animatronics into killing children).

This plot could take place after the true ending of Security Breach, or any ending where Freddy and Gregory escape. Amidst the bad press of destroyed animatronics and missing kids, the Pizzaplex shutdown with hopes to restore it in the near future. Unfortunately, it falls through the cracks of limbo and stands forgotten. The power is kept on to a small percentage, enough to keep the lights on and necessary faculties running so the building doesn't rot in darkness. A single employee is charged with keeping an eye on the place - mainly the expensive machinery and copyrighted props left behind and totally not evidence of murder

That employee is Vanessa. She knows full well her involvement in the Pizzaplex's tragic outcome, regardless of if it was indirect. As much as she wants to leave it all behind, she can't…She's connected. Vanny is connected. So she takes the job as solo security guard, standing watch over the building and the one animatronic still there - or two? She never really got close enough to the daycare attendant to understand how he worked.

Vanny is a constant buzz in her ear. She's a face overlapping Vanessa's every time she looks in a mirror. It's a struggle to live with herself and the things she allowed the virus to do. Vanessa tried to keep those kids safe, she really did...

Enter the last functional animatronic left in the building - likely having his own issues with abandonment. Maybe he can relate to Vanessa and her...friend. Or at least make her smile for once. This plot can also take place away from the Pizzaplex. Maybe Vanessa's home?

• Gregory will be aged to at least 18. The plot is set after the events of Security Breach, or Gregory is 18+ when he sneaks into the Pizzaplex.
  • Any and all AU ideas welcome!
  • Platonic/Found family only, depending on how this is done.
  • In his desperation to hide from security, Gregory takes one wrong turn and ends up in the Superstar Daycare. Rather than finding an ally in Freddy, he befriends the Daycare Attendant. The plot either goes from there, or it jumps to years later where the rest of their story starts.

The fanfics finally got me.

• A random human bonds with Sun/Moon. That's it. That's the idea. Said human could be a canon classic like Jeremy, or even a character we make ourselves. New guard? New mechanic/technician? Random person who finds Sun/Moon abandoned after the fire and takes them home? Who knows! This could also include other AUs, like the separate bodies AU. Maybe we throw the whole damn FNAF canon out the window and steal the characters for our own idea. The sky's the limit!

• What do you get when you design an animatronic to care for humans, then abandon it entirely?
‎ㅤ
A damn mess. That's what you get. The animatronic might keep itself together for a little while out of sheer hope that everything will go back to normal, but eventually it'll start to break down in more ways than one. When a human finally comes by to give it some much-needed attention, it won't take much for that poor animatronic to become attached. It's designed to be a caregiver, remember? Even if its new friend isn't in such need, it'll find a way to make sure it never goes without purpose again. (Can be used with any canon or OC human.)

• Gonna be honest, lately I've been leaning for something that has Sun/Moon in some sort of caregiver role, outside of what they normally do in the games - meaning nothing to do with children or adults in 'little' headspace. More of a medical caretaker or therapist type role. Maybe their new human friend has some health issues (mild or severe) that they help out with. Meanwhile, said human could be lending a hand for repairs and general emotional support as well. Everyone cares for everyone! Medical aspects can be used during smut, or kept entirely platonic.

• I've recently restarted Void Terrarium, and it got me wondering if a setting like that would work with the Daycare Attendant.
  • No need to have played the game! I haven't even finished it myself to be honest.
  • All FNAF animatronics can be included, but might stay as side characters.

Life is over; humanity has not been spared. Whether an illness pushed society to the brink of extinction, or sheer bad luck and poor choice led to its fragile state, what remained of humanity eventually came to depend on intelligent machines. Two AI in particular were given majority responsibility:

The Sun, who kept spirits up and resources in check, and The Moon, who oversaw security and protection.

Both were tasked with the wellbeing of humanity's dwindling population. Things went smoothly for a time...Until The Sun overstepped his boundaries. Resources were running thin, humans were becoming unreasonable and violent. The balance they'd found, fragile as porcelain, teetered as The Sun and Moon fought to regain control. Unfortunately, even AI can have its limits, and The Sun eventually reached his own. One single lapse of calculated judgment was all it took to wipe the last of humanity off the face of the earth.

Time past; what humanity left behind slowly deteriorated. The Sun and Moon spent their days waiting for their own collapse, which seemed to draw closer with each passing day. Wracked with guilt, loneliness, and despair, the pair truly thought humanity was long gone - and were truly shocked to discover one lone, sickly human in a pile of rotted debris.

Maybe with this one human, likely the very last of their kind, The Sun and Moon might be able to make up for their failure...

Annnd that's it! I'm open to suggestions! Feel free to PM me c:

Last edited: