FMA Roleplay IC Thread

"Not so fast, mate."

The ground shook under Celore's feet as a man in a green jacket dropped out of a tree, the sounds of Celore and Harold's voices humming through his hand. Tracking Bradley's personal dog had been easy, the man certainly made enough noise with his hobbling, and had to go slow enough when faking that it was pitifully easy to get ahead of him.

"Harold's a good kid, but not near a good soldier."

Erik's grin barely concealed the fury frothing in his eyes. "Want to take an actual State Alchemist on?"

Celore stared at this new alchemist that dared to challenge him. "Fury Alchemist eh? They send you to deal with me? They should have sent more...." He stood defiantly facing the dog of the state. "I'll not go back and kiss Bradleys ass just because I don't follow his orders anymore and he's all sore about it. So you can just step aside before I obliterate you..Alchemist."

He started walking forward. He could tell this kid wasn't going to give up without a fight and if that was what he wanted, well then he would show him what a state Alchemist could really do. This was going to be very interesting.

"Kitara..Kit..come here.."
"D..Dad please d..don't move..it..it'll be ok. I..I called Ro..Roy and the ambulance..t..they'll be.."
"Shh, come here and kneel down, daddy needs to tell you something,"
The female did as she was told, grasping the male's hand as silent tears rolled down her face."Promise me..Promise me that you'll look after Roy. You'll take my place, and push him to the top. Do this for me Kitara..."
"I..Dad no you'll.."
"Kitara..promise me.."
"I promise..." The alarm went off beside the bed, but the bed itself lay empty. Infact it appeared to never have been slept in at all. Though the entire house was silent, the only sound that was heard was rushing water that filtered through the silence like wind. In the shower a female stood. Her crimson hair falling over her face. A metal arm planted against the tile. Though it was the best metal in the world. Rust resistant and full of hidden secrets.

When the female lifted her head, sapphiric orbs opened and glanced around. She'd fallen asleep standing up? Funny..The water was freezing, but she didn't notice. Cutting off the stream, she stepped out and wrapped a towel around her. Moving out of the bathroom and to her bed room. She discarded the towel, pulled on her underwear, her tank top, and jeans. She then pulled her jacket on and took the pocket watch from the night stand.Sitting down on the bed, she braided her hair, pulled her bag up and sighed. Another day. Her mother was gone now, along with her sister, to Dublith to stay with family. This old house hadn't been a home for a long time. Sighing softly, she pulled on her boots, whistled and heard the padding of paws as Aries came into the room.

"ready boy?" she asked scratching his head. The black wolf barked and followed her down stairs. She pulled her backpack on and walked out the door. She was only a few inches taller than Edward, and skill extremely skinny. Her hair was long, now braided down her back, and in need of a trim. As she made her way to the main street of Central, she collected the daisies, and the bag from the deli and moved on. Her everyday route, it had become something of a routine for her so the shop owners always had her items ready.

The walk to the large metal gate, didn't take long. She moved up the hill, through the rows of grey until she came to the one she knew all to well. Moving the old flowers off, she slipped the new ones into the vase and sat down with her back to the concrete.

"so old man, let's see what we've got on today's list," tossing Aries a biscuit, she opened her cup of milk and bit into her own. studing the files she'd brought home that night. It might seem funny to some, but to Kitara, sitting out here helped her think. Though many thought her crazy for talking to that old head stone. Engraved with her father's name. She didn't. Not Kitara.

She scanned the pages, signed where she needed, and an hour or so later, finally stood and sighed. She kissed the stone and saluted "see you tomorrow pops." Heading now to the large building east of there, she stretched and groaned, she needed to see winry, and the good thing was her sister would be there soon. at least she hoped. Heading up the ivory steps, she past Havoc and Breda with a wave and slipped into her office.Her father's old office was now hers, she'd worked her ass off for this post and she wasn't about to give it up. She was Head of Investigations now, and she planned to stay in her station. She hadn't been promoted further than Lt. Colonel, even though she was nearly thirty. She chuckled as she pulled her jacket off and slipped into her uniform coat, It was..somewhat tradition for her to fool the higher ups this way.sitting down, she tucked her paperwork into it's box and leaned back, a smile slipped upon her face. Though she'd have to deal with Mustang later, she had never regretted making that promise to her dad. Roy was something of a best friend to Kit. The ying to her yang so to speak. He was fire, she was ice. the perfect team, though he never admitted it to anyone "JEAN," she called out as he passed the office , she tossed him the bag with his breakfast and smiled."we going out tonight again?" he asked with a wink "Oh baby you know it," she said their 'date' was sitting on the roof watching the stars. Another bond she'd made long ago. Havoc had been the one to find her in Ishval and take her to the fuhrer, though he neveologized, it was after all what lead to her bhere. leaning back once more she smiled, a bark came as Breda scratched Aries on the head, but the wolf then padded over to his bed and curled up. yes, this was a hectic place, hell on earth if you were low in ranks. Pain went with the job. but..this was home.

"Aw, I got out of bed this morning just to be obliterated? No thank you."

Erik smirked, transmutation circles shimmering on his fingertips. "Why Bradley's having you killed or captured isn't a bloody big concern of mine, I'm just following orders. Whether I relish going along with them or not... That's my business."

And, now. All five of the circles on his right hand activated as he clenched his fingers and stretched his arm out toward the walking Celore, forming a pentagram.

A hellish scream burst from his hand, loud enough to deafen and aimed straight at Celore.

He saw the pentagram form and watched the ripples of the scream echo through the air. It soared swiftly through the air and in an instant, he slammed his hand on the ground, sending a destructive wave down and then back up through the ground, causing an explosion of gravel, dirt and stone to shield him from the blast. Upon impact, the sonic attack sprayed the rubble all over the street.

"Not bad. Still, if you know of me then you know that I'm not known for my mercy or patience. Get out of my way." He clapped his hands together quickly and in both his hands were daggers. He was like Elric, he did not need to draw circles but he had more time to develop his technique over the years. He could do it quicker and more efficiently than Elric could. He reared his hands back and threw the daggers at the man, hearing them whistle through the air as they propelled towards his body.

He would need more than this to get away from the Fury Alchemist. Running into a back alley, he clapped his hands again and then placed them against the buildings on both sides of him as he ran, breaking their foundations apart and hearing them begin their slow collapse. If the alchemist was like him, he would abandon these people to die and if he wasn't, then he would try to save them. Either way, it was a welcome distraction and would give him time to get away.

Harold is walking beside himself on the other side of the gate on the inside of the central area. Thinking back to the conversation he had with Celore hours earlier makes him curious as well. Recalling the fact that all Celore really did was just resign from the military, Harold wonders why Bradley wants Celore to be killed. He knows it's not his place to ask and that Bradley must have his reasons, but it still seems to Harold that Bradley wanting Celore killed, just because Celore quit the military, might be overdoing it.

Meanwhile, Shane arrives at Central Base Headquarters, toting all 7 of the 3x10 crates right behind him.

Erik swept his left hand to the side as he started to chase after Celore and the daggers were blasted off course, the sonic waves disturbing their flight with vibrations. Nothing his alchemy could do would help those people without making their situation worse, so his only response was to amplify their screams as he ran, sending a distress signal to any other state alchemists nearby, Erik hoping that Harold was still near enough to hear them as he ran after Celore, following the path of destruction and throwing another blast of sound after the fleeing alchemist as he kept running, rage building.

Involving civilians... He's mine.

Harold, while walking and still wondering why a state alchemist resigning as Celore did would be seen as such a threat that Bradley would issue out a order to the state alchemists for Celore's assassination upon sight, hears Erik's distress signal. He then looks to the direction the signal came from and sees it was from the outside of the gate. He looks around to see if there were any signs as to someone else having heard the signal but he doesn't see anyone else around answering it. Knowing the other state alchemists will need to hear word of the signal, Harold takes measures on informing all the other state alchemists that he could find near the area about it, incase they didn't hear it. To do this, Harold quickly sent word to the central base headquarters through informant officers that worked within the military gates, hoping it would reach Alex Armstrong's attention as well, and told in the message about the signal and the location it came from. Then he arms himself with some throwing knives to have along with his alchemy just incase, sense he doesn't know what's going to be in store for him when he makes it over to where the distress signal came from. After preparing himself, Harold heads out to the location of the signal to see what's going on.

Last edited:
Gracia and Elicia were ecstatic to have her back, even if it's for a visit. Gracia seem to understand that since Azelia would be gone by morning or the moment Maes was home. Elicia on the other hand didn't want her to leave just yet. It had been months since her last visit and she didn't want Azelia to just leave. Sh wanted her to stay and see Maes again. He had never solved her case and with others of higher urgency Azelia's case was moved to the side. "I't nice to see you both again but all I needed was a place to rest my head for the night and I should be fine." It was the same routine, nothing really different. Yet to Elicia things were gonna be different this time around. She would always tell Hughes that Azelia had visited but sadly disappear afterwards. He had been trying to find her and gain some answers to the old investigation that was never solved. For now Elicia would have to occupy Azelia's time.

Before he enters, Shane stands at the foot on the steps to the building of central headquarters for a few minutes and starts to gather his thoughts, the 3x10 crates being on the loading cart behind him.

Meanwhile, Harold gets just feet away from the location Erik's distress call for help came from and as he arrives on sight, he notices the building in the process of collapsing to the ground. Harold then notices some people are still trapped inside from the view of the busted windows. He knows he has to move fast, and he immediately draws a transmutation circle and activates his alchemy.

Celore could hear the sonic blasts echoing down the alley, but the falling debree was interfering with any attack directed at him. The falling bricks, stone and occasional people were like a natural shield that surrounded him. He exited the alley and took a left, going a side street back towards the gate.
The screams of the people filled the streets. "Save us!" "What is happening?" "HELP!" Their cries filled the air with a pleading resonance for someone, anyone to help them. Celore could care less. They were a distraction...a small casualty and nothing else. As he took the next turn, he saw Harold out of the corner of his eye. So the kid came back eh? Best focus on the people and not me kid....you let me go once. Best if you do it again. He sped towards the closed gate, his hands ready to obliterate it into nothing and make his getaway.

Harold hears the screams of a large number of people around him and he rushes in, working quickly with his alchemy in order to rescue them.

Shane meanwhile ascends the steps to the door of the central headquarters military branch's building. He then enters and starts heading for the investigations office, lugging the information packed 3x10 crates behind him.

Gracia remembered that Maes would be home a little late this time and never brought a lunch with him. It was his favorite and there was no way in the world she would let him go without eating. Gracia looked at the time and saw it was still early enough for him to eat and so packed a lunch. She knew that by leaving and telling Maes she was here would mean nothing, since Azelia always left before then. That sparked the idea of having her deliver the lunch herself. Maybe then they could put aside their differences and she could come around more without fear.

Before Azelia could figure it out, she was already making her way to Central headquarters. Why did I agree to this... I can just hand it over to the desk workers and they can take it to him. Thats what I'll do. With a plan in her head Azelia made her way up the stairs passing a familiar face. The desk workers were busy, considering a fugitive was on the loose and crates were everywhere. Azelia was put on hold over and over again, which was frustrating, but now wasn't the time to freak out. She simply needed to hand the lunch to them and let them take it to Hughes, but that was becoming more and more impossible. Azelia took a seat just so she wasn't in the way. "This is going to take longer than I thought..." She said with a sigh.

Shane, as he's waiting to see someone from the investigations department also, is pacing steadily through the hallway. He notices Azelia and walks up and greets her. "Hello there." Shane says to her.

Azelia was hoping this would be an easy drop off. Yet that wasn't the case since people were busy. "Wish people would hurry up." While she was sitting and lost in thought a young man approached her with little notice. "Oh, uh hi." Azelia looked him over and oddly enough he looked familiar. "I guess they have you waiting as well." She said with a sigh.

Celore did not see the fury alchemist behind him. Did he get caught in the falling ruins? He wasn't sure but he wasn't going to stay to find out. The moment his hands touched the gate, the alchemy flew into the structure and it began to twist and writhe as it fell to the ground. His alchemy was dangerous. He was dangerous and he hoped the others understood that. If they didn't...then he would remind them if they decided to come after him.

He gave one final look back at Harold before bolting into the wilderness outside the city gates. Good luck kid. I hope I never see you again. If I do, it won't end nicely like it did today. He had no clue where he would go or how he would survive, but he was no longer Bradleys personal fetcher. That in itself was a start.

~~~

Lust stood in Bradleys office as he ranted. "He openly disgraces and defies me, destroys my city and thinks I will just let him go!? Get everyone to the throne room! 1 hour. I want all alchemists, alchemists in training and whoever else that wants to hunt this son of a bitch in the throne room and ready to be sent out. That includes you and the rest of us Lust!"

Lust did not respond, but merely left the room to relay the order to a runner. He would send out the word to the other alchemists and tell them where to meet for the briefing. Part of her wondered how exciting it would be to see Celore hunted...and the other wished that she was there with him. Maybe she would try her luck....

Harold thinks to himself as he pulls the last of the people from the collapsing buildings' windows. He then looks to as he sees Celore disappearing into the distance and says to himself "Well at least we were able to rescue everyone..That's the main important thing.."

Shane sits beside Azelia and says "Yeah..I came here to meet up with furor grunman and take the state alchemy exam. I'm currently just waiting to see someone from the investgations department, sense as I'm going to be joining the military, and hopefully as a state alchemist like my father and friend are, I brought with me all the info records and booklets I've done over the past 14 years sense I was but 4 years of age, one of my father's very good friends assisting me in finding a way to help my dad and my mom, and sense I was to young to enter the battle field, my dad's friend taught me the art of investigating, in which I helped him with many investigation assignments, did research books recording all the info that we had gathered in the cases, and made about 100 copies of each and every one, both investigations that my father's friend and I did together when I was real young, ages 4 to 9, and of the records and info booklets on the cases that I investigated on my own, in which I started investigating cases solo when I turned 10, while making 100 back up copies of all the info and research booklets that were already in the military's files as well. They are all in these 3x10 crates here."

Azelia had heard of the state Alchemy Exam and those who knew her alchemy would tell her to go and take it. Considering that she's searching for her mother and the research that she did a long time ago. Somehow she was still working and creating messes for Azelia to find and come too close with state alchemist. One too many run-ins was going to get her into serious trouble. She listed to Shane's story, sounded like he had a good life and good head on his shoulders. Which was good if he was working with the military. Something about the military didn't sit well with her, hence why she stayed far away. "That style of investigating sounds familiar...You wouldn't be talking about Maes Hughes would you? I haven't heard about someone being that thorough in their investigation since..." She couldn't say her mother's investigation. If Hughes was still investigating it then he would have told Shane something about it. "Since I was a kid, when I use to live out here."

Shane "So. You know Hughes too? And yes. He was the one who taught me how to do investigations. I haven't seen him in a long while though. He was doing an investigation into a serious matter last time we spoke, then after that night..well..I still kept in contact with gracia and I talk to their daughter elicia still from time to time..I try to talk to them once every 2 weeks if possible..by phone, letter, or visitation..but yeah the conversations between Meas and I..which we always talked on the phone whenever I wasn't in the same town as he was..He'd call me once a week no matter what situation he was in..good or bad..well his calls just stopped..I'm not sure what happened..It's been about 3 years sense then.."

Azelia simply shook her head yes at the response. Yet to her dismay Hughes had been looking into a serious matter that statted three years ago. "Still investigating it..." she said with a sigh. "If he has been following every lead then he knows as much as I do... then he knows I'm here..." she mumbled to herself. Azelia stood up and grabbed the bag of lunch. Everyone was still busy considering evrything that was happening, but that wasn't her concern. "I still remember where his office is but things can change. By any chance you know where his office is?" Azelia didn't want to get lost. That was the last thing she wanted. "It's best I hand deliver this than waiting, after all its been 3 years since I last seen him." Azelia sighed a little. She really didn't want to face him but he was investigating a case he most likely didn't want to get involved in.