FMA: Alchemists on a Mission

Fierro saw the train finally come to a stop. He was exhausted. The field of sunflowers were amazing, but was obviously through a lot. Most of the flowers were scattered and broken. Fierro always hated seeing his creations destroyed. Staying on the ground for a minute or two, Fierro took a deep breath and stood. He watched as Cassius dragged over the criminal. "Where's your armor?" Fierro asked with a smile. The guy looked much...smaller without it.

Cassius looked at the field o sun flowers in and smiled More than impressive. After hearing Fierro ask about his armor he gave let out a sigh "Time for the hard part.". Cassius threw the man down at Fierro's feet and tuned back to look at the train the staff was evacuating train. As he walked back to the onto the train one of the staff approached "What happened on the train what are we suppose to do now". "The towns not exactly out of walking distance anymore, if not sit here till somebody else goes for help." As Cassius said this he pointed to the town which was only 3 or 4 miles away ignoring the other part of the question he kept walking to the train. Putting his hand on the transmutation circle he used for the spike began transmuting. The spike under the train as the metal began coming going back to its original place either back to the hole on the train or going back onto his body as armor . When finished his body was once again covered in armor except his left hand. He walked over to the other man to get him out of the vines, After untangling him Cassius used his right hand armor and transmuted it into restrains for the large man. Cassius then dragged him out to Fierro as well.

Fierro was confused when Cassius walked back to the train. He didn't exactly answer the question, but sure enough Cassius walked back out clad in armor and all. When Cassius got back with the guy in hand, Fierro stated, "That's more like it." Then his attention turned back to the criminals. "What should we do to them?" Fierro asked unsure of how they were going to get information out of the guys. Fierro saw the metal that bound the guy was actually part of Cassius's armor. "Let me help you with that," Fierro commented as he transmutated two vines to hold the criminals allowing Cassius to have his metal back. He turned back to the men and asked, "How did you know we were coming? Why are you attacking us?" Before either men could answer something happened. A black transmutation circle appeared below each one and began to glow. Fierro grabbed Cassius back and created a wall of vines.

The circles glowed as each criminal was transmuted...human alchemy. Now something was happening, something big. Fierro lowered the vines and looked at Cassius. "That was...unexpected."

"Unexpected barely beings to describes this." Cassius said as he looked over to Fierro. What do we even do in this situation. Cassius looked at to the town everyone on the train was running in that direction after the two men were transmuted. "Should we head for the town?" Cassius looked at Fierro.

Fierro wasn't sure what to do. In his experience Fierro always stayed to investigate, but with the sudden turn of events, Fierro felt that they should contact the capital. If anything, the should be able to get in contact with the Colonel. Maybe he would know what to do in this situation.

Cassius stood and looked at Fierro "We should look around first i suppose, i doubt the Colonel would be very please if we dont"

"I guess", Fierro replied as he mentally analyzed the remains of the two suspects. There was nothing left except a black goo that reminded him of a tar pit. It was rather disturbing to be honest. Hesitantly, Fierro began to walk away from the remains saying, "We should probably go to the city. Maybe there will be more clues there." Fierro hated unnatural alchemy, especially that which wandered into god's territory. Fierro isn't a religious person, but he acknowledges that there is something much greater than himself in the world and he has little power over it. Instead he'd rather avoid that unnatural, disgusting excuse for alchemy.

Fierro began to walk towards the city. With every step Fierro felt more unnerved. His seventh sense told him that he shouldn't be going into town...that something was strange there and should be left alone. Nevertheless, Fierro ventured into town and was greeted by a local market. All seemed good and well. But that was just a façade for the true intentions of the city below.

Cassius could see Fierro was uneasy about the city as they entered , and he could not blame him. Cassius had never seen human transmutation it was disturbing to think people were willing to wonder into the territory of god. As they walked through the market he looked around the market and enjoyed its peaceful environment. He looked around looking for the local military building.

Fierro already knew that the local authorities probably couldn't help. There were no alchemists assigned to this area and no way would the average person get too involved. The image of the circle was burned into his memory. There was no way he could unsee that. As they walked through the market, Fierro picked up a few pieces of fruit and handed a mango to Cassius. "Did you know that you can eat the skin as well as the mango itself?" Fierro demonstrated by taking a bite into the fruit. It was juicy, just the way he liked it. The skin was stringy and peeled off the fruit, but it was perfect. Smiling at the delicious fruit, Fierro continued to eat.

Cassius was still pretty shaken after seeing human transmuted. He bit into the mango Fierro had given him it was his first time eating the peel so the stringy texture was new , but he enjoyed it nonetheless. As they continued walking through the market Cassius saw a pay phone he walked into it and tried making a call , however not even a not even a tone came from the it. He walked out and looked a Fierro "No good, phone doesn't even work." A lady running a stand next to the phone looked over. "You must be new in town i'm afraid the payphones haven't been working for a few days the mayor says people are working to get them up again."

Fierro wasn't surprised by the lady's information about the phones. Not only were they cut off from the capital, but they were also cut off from any support that could be offered. He didn't like that. Part of him felt as if he was trapped in the city. There was something unnatural about it. Fierro took a good look around the market and sighed heavily. This wasn't the place he wanted to be at the moment. Nevertheless, Fierro was stuck here. At least he was with someone he liked. After getting a feel for the city Fierro stated, "There is something wrong here...really wrong. There's something--I don't know. Do you feel it?" Fierro looked to Cassius hoping for answers.

Cassius could understand how Fierro felt. Cassius always enjoyed going to new places , but something about this town seemed wrong ever since they got here. " Im not sure myself this place is....". In the middle of his sentence Cassius finally confirmed something. He began whispering to Fierro "A man has been following us since we got here. At first I thought it was just this town making me paranoid but he keeps making glances toward us to check where he are when we stop."

Fierro had noticed the guy, but didn't seem that important. Only after Cassius pointed him out did Fierro realize the threat the man posed. "Yeah, he gives me goosebumps," Fierro replied as he felt the hairs on his arm prickle. For a stalker, the guy was rather bad. Once noticed there was no concealing his presence. It was as if the guy was intimidating on purpose, which could be a possibility. As they got closer to the military HQ, Fierro asked, "What will we do? There's no way we'll get help from local police. Besides," his voice got softer, "I don't trust this place." He wanted to get out. The sensation Fierro got from the city told him that something bad was happening.

Cassius began to get nervous first they were attacked on a train even though they were suppose to arrival was suppose to be unknown. Second the phones in town arent working, and now this strange man following them. He he put his hand on the back of his head, a habit he formed whenever he started to get nervous. He looked over to Fierro. "He seems like a man with alot of confidence or he would be harder to spot, lets try and lead him into an alley where we can corner him. Hopefully we can get answers." Normally suggest getting closer to military HQ but with the feeling he was getting from this town he wasn't sure if they could trust it.

Fierro wasn't so sure about that idea. His alchemy wasn't as useful in cities, cement and bricks. He preferred open spaces with lots of dirt and open air. But then again there was two of them against one guy. Still hesitant, Fierro replied, "Sure, you take the lead." Fierro stayed quiet as he noticed Cassius getting anxious or nervous one of the two.

Cassius nodded to Fierro and then began to walk. He did not like this feeling their pursuer was giving on. He made sure they had a little distance between them before he turned into an alley. After they were temporarily out of the man's sight he turned to Fierro and said "try and get him farther into the alley." He walked to left side of the ally. Then he touched the circle on his right hand. The armor covering his right hand turned into a chain. He walked to the left wall then turned and ran full speed at the other wall running up it about a foot. He propelled himself off the wall to the next. While still in the air he tossed the chain onto a chimney on the neighboring roof. He used the chain to get ontop of the roof. He'd jump down and black the man after Fierro got him farther into the alley.

Fierro understood his role in the plan and drew a circle in the dirt. As he drew the man got closer. Realizing it was a trap, the man turned to run, but Fierro thought ahead and made a wall of sunflowers to block the guy's path. Now that he was trapped, the man pulled out a pistol. Getting off a clean shot, Fierro created a barrier between the two. It wasn't fast enough to stop the bullet. Fierro fell backwards from the impact of the bullet hitting his left shoulder. He made sure the man was enclosed for Cassius to make his move. Fierro held his shoulder tightly as blood covered his sleeve.

As soon as cassius heard the gunfire he jumped down. After hearing the gun he began to transmute his chain back into armor. the man shot at Cassius but only sent bullets ricocheting off the armor. He charged at the man and punched the gun out of his hands. The man jumped back and pulled a knife. He looked at Cassius "What they'll do to me if i'm caught will be a lot worse." he said putting the knife to his throat. Cassius's eyes widened when he realized what the man planned Cassius ran and punched the man in the face knocking him to the floor. He went and examined the man to make sure he was still alive.The man had a red mark where the knife had been, luckily Cassius managed to stop him. After the man was restrained He yelled to Fierro. "I've got him you can drop the walls." Cassius knew Fierro was shot he just did not know the severity so he wanted to check on him.

Fierro didn't drop the walls immediately. Instead he allowed the plants to ensnare the man to ensure their safety. First the wall to the outside came down. The plants retreated back and an opening was cleared so people could walk through. "I'm fine," Fierro called through to the other side. But something wasn't right. Still there was something weird and Fierro realized that they were in danger. Something appeared behind Fierro. He took a step backwards as his back went against the wall of sunflowers. The creature was a homunculus. It's tattoo was shown easily on her chest. Fierro placed his hand on the back of the wall to transmute something, but she was quick. The homunculus impaled his arm as well as his leg with her fingers. "You must take pride in your nails," Fierro forced out through a tight jaw.

"Don't worry, this isn't anything near what you'll be feeling soon. Oh, and your partner will feel a similar pain," the creature began as she introduced herself. "Call me Lust. And yes, my nails are quite beautiful aren't they?" As she talked, Fierro was able to transmute the flowers behind him, but only enough for Cassius to break through. "The two of you aren't ready yet though," she continued as she dug deeper into Fierro's flesh.

After hearing what was happening Cassius transmuted the armor on both his arms into twin blades. He cut through the part of the wall of flowers Fierro weakened. Cassius turned and saw a woman stabbing her nails into Fierro. Cassius didn't waste time trying to figure out who she was it was clear she was an enemy. He slashed a her hand with one sword forcing her to back away from Fierro. Then Cassius charged her continuing his assault. His blade moved with precision wasting no movement as he slashed at her. The women still dodged each attack with ease. Cassius continued until she was against the wall of the alley "Who are you?" She only smiled at him. Cassius started to get nervous when he saw the tattoo on her chest. He had only heard rumors, but that tattoo could only mean one thing a homunculus. She jumped over him and slammed his head against the wall.

After that she stabbed her nails into his right arm. "You are quite aggressive i can fix that right away." He dropped the sword as she finished talking. He tried to raise the one in his left hand, but she quickly stabbed into his left arm forcing him to drop the weapon. His face started to contort with pain as she moved her nails around.

Last edited by a moderator: