Flycoren: Streaks of a Bloody Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're making me edgy." Grey warned with a tone that she rarely heard; fear.

Crow looked wearily at Grey before turning his gaze to Rhye. Leaning over the table, as if he were trying to take a peak at the letter, he swallowed hard.
"Well, Do you think we should go?" He questioned. Looking towards Dalia she seemed unworried by the premature invite. "I mean scarlet is expecting us back, would she suspect anything?" He raised an eyebrow as he sat back down in his seat. Scratching his forehead, he thought it was awfully strange for the Alchemist to see them without Scarlet being present. Was there something more going on? There had to be. But what could that thing possibly be?

"Well, Do you think we should go? I mean Scarlet is expecting us back, would she suspect anything?"

She could understand his concern honestly, it was noble really. For all who had no real part of Casbael other than just sitting on the side lines and watching, the worry and questions to dare go against Scarlet - intentional or not- was a hard pill to swallow. But then again she had become so proficient at it, that the very thought of her getting too upset had her smirking.

Turning around in her seat to pry herself up, Grey seemed to take that as a notice that they were leaving. Brushing off her rear from the dirt that come from where she sat; Rhye huffed a perhaps too confident laugh; "She suspects too much at times. The alchemist is not employed by that of Casbael and has gone out of their way to send a messenger to us; in all of this." She gestured towards the scape of the city that was Echowinds; "Think about it Crow, how honestly difficult is it to find a single person in this entire metropolis and yet the alchemist specifically sent the messenger for me; almost knowing that I wouldn't be in the temple." She lifted a finger, letting a coy eye turn upwards to Grey who seemed to begun to sweat with it all. "The alchemist is trying to avoid Scarlet's view and I may have a good idea why."

Grey rubbed a hand over his face, mulling over what she was saying and trying to chew it over without jumping to conclusions, but that was failing quickly but how he suddenly seemed to take on a secondary personality. "What I am gathering from all this, is that whatever is really going on under this;" he gestured to his own flesh; "Is something far more dire and they would prefer to keep Scarlet away from it. Correct me if I'm wrong?"

Her head shook; "I think you are just getting paranoid really;" Rhye tucked her fingers against her belts, lazily using it as a perch to drape her hands over. "Rather, I think our alchemist is trying to keep a neutral ground between themselves and the mother of Casbael." the humming sound passed her lips in unison to her tipping her head towards the way they had originally came. "Either that, or they really just want to use you as a private experiment."

"That's it, I'm not going!" Grey bellowed though his feet spoke differently as he began to sidle up beside Rhye following her steps.

"That's it, I'm not going!" Grey bellowed though his feet spoke differently as he began to sidle up beside Rhye following her steps.

Crow's ears twitched as he listened to Grey rebel. He could kind of relate. He wasn't exactly excited to do something like sneaking around. But from Grey's perspective, he was just a novelty at this point.
Dalia quickly stood and leapt beside the Guardian. "Do not worry Grey, I'm sure Rhye is just kidding!" She smiled at him. "What is the worst they could do to you?"
Crow was the last to stand, he grabbed a couple of buns and stuffed them into his large denim pockets on his pants. He knew he never had to pay for a meal as long as Rhye was around, but he felt one could never be too sure. Almost losing sight of the three he now would consider friends, he darted after them. Rhye sure wasn't wasting time.

Finally he caught up to them, weaving between other people on the street. This particular part of town seemed curiously busy. Peering around, there were many different kinds of shops. Herb jobs, other food joints, trinkets of all kinds lined the streets. This seemed all very strange and new to Crow. He felt like he knew about such things, but without any memories to link them, the emotions were very unfamiliar. Smells and sounds were so foreign to him.

Pressing his glasses up onto the bridge of his nose he stopped to look at a very large spying glass, as he peered through it, everything seemed massive.
"You coming Crow?" Dalia questioned distantly. Breaking his concentration he looked towards Dalia who was a fair distance from him.

"Uh, yeah! Coming." Crow spoke, slightly out of it. He hated to admit it, but even walking around here with someone to follow, he felt rather lost. He couldn't explain it, even if he wanted to. Thinking back on what Rhye was talking about. It was up to him what path he wanted to lead. Apprehensive towards his own feelings, he wasn't sure what he should do. Part of him wanted to find out who he really was. The other part told him he was better off not knowing. There was a reason he didn't have his memories, wasn't there? Again, he could never really know unless he pursued such things.
Rhye had a good point though. Talking to Scarlet about it would surely help. Grey seemed to have a hate on for her. But Crow rather liked her. She seemed wise, and forgiving, where necessary. She seemed to know a lot more than she was ever willing to let on, also. Perhaps she would have some kind of answer for him. And yet, here they were, looking for a private Alchemist whom was to inspect Grey. Though Crow felt like it was entirely fault that they were in this mess, he couldn't help but feel Rhye was leading them on blindly.

"Rhye, where are you taking us?"
Crow called out after her.

"Do not worry Grey, I'm sure Rhye is just kidding! What is the worst they could do to you?"

Lisp curled upwards into a similar playful sneer that could rival that of his; Rhye laughed lightly though one would have to be deaf not to hear the dark taint lingering on every chuckle. "Yes Grey, what's the worst they could do to you?"

His face stretched into a pained discomfort while all the ideas of ways someone could actually do something terrible to him, hands promptly shot out in front of him holding their palms flat. "I think being stuck in Vena Base was the worst."

Rhye grinned further, "You could be Scarlet's personal pet."

Shuddering with the thought, Grey grimaced visibly; "For slaggin's sakes! If I slept that's a great way to give me nightmares..."

Leading them upwards into the second ring of the city, it was no sure sight of a doubt that everything began to change from the tepid lack lustre third rate citizen feel to the moderate upper class business man, but then again the secondary ring held a lot of the more proficient shops. Apothecaries, enchanters, Scryers, the possibilities were endless! And she enjoyed the tranquil wafting warmth that radiated out from the ring as it was discernibly far busier than the lower ring. Silver plated guards clacked and clicked through the traffic of bodies, standing out with the bright blue diamond emblem on their chests as all knew who they were. Unlike her brother with his own army, only the Elite Guards of the Echowinds were allowed to wear silver armor. It was fashioned after the late great lord Vagunet - Scarlet's father- and his last stand against the monster that was the Darkian.

"You coming Crow?"

"Uh, yeah! Coming."

Ears caught the banter between the pair of beings as Grey snorted hard; "Someone's dragging his feet."

"Leave him alone, neither you or I can understand the pain he is suffering through. Let him dawdle and think on what he wants Grey, it wouldn't be the end of the world and plus," She poked at him right between the gap of his arm swinging to prod at his ribs, "I thought you weren't in a hurry to get to the Alchemist."

Rubbing where she poked, he only grunted before tossing a meagre look her way. Glinting under the bright rays of light, the ebony collar reflected well in the light as she had to constantly remind herself, this was not a joy ride. It was a serious matter to learn and decipher what Grey's blood held for them. It could have been the very solution to the spreading of the plague that had destroyed the only town that she could figure Crow had come from and yet... it could be nothing but a ruse luring them into a false security. Grey could be like those monsters in the forest only bound by Sparlas's infinite wisdom and magic, that alone put a stone into her stomach to roll around aggravating it terribly.
Surprise over came her; to feel the unusual familiar warmth sweeping around her shoulder as she couldn't help but smile sadly upwards to the thoughts in her mind and how he seemed to be aware of what she was thinking. It made her wonder a lot of times he if had capabilities to see into one's mind, but how many other times what she thought went over his head, she knew better.

Twining around the arm to rest against her shoulders along her backside, Rhye watched as he lifted a brow to silently ask what she was really thinking. In turn she shook her head tussling the tresses of her hair back and forth. Peering back over his own shoulder to look at the return of Crow coming up, then crossing over Dalia; Rhye knew that Grey was rather uncertain about the two. And it wasn't the way he was making it seem. Rather than not wanting anyone around, he was worried that they would be in harm's way with him around, she had already heard the long winded speech from him earlier. He might have been truly aggressive and standoffish towards the pair, but it was for more noble reasons. But convincing him to speak that would be impossible.

"Rhye, where are you taking us?"

"To the Alchemist," she responded with no real answer that he was looking for. "Are you worried that he is going to want to stick you with needles too?"

"What." His tone was flat and unmoving enough to mimic stone, "What about what now?"

Fingers pressed to her bottom lip trying not to laugh at the bothered tone Grey took at hearing her say such a thing. Stabbing a finger to her own arm, she made a sucking noise which had Grey make a face that was rather hard to describe. "Oh you'll be fine, it's your own blood."

"It still bothers the hell out of me!" he withdrew his prior grasp to cross his arms over the expanse of his chest, "Blood is blood, and I've already smelt the cruor that has been currently running through my veins. You think that the copper smell is bad to you, try whatever the plague has done." Grey looked away; "Makes me rather dizzy."

"Muffin." she puffed out her bottom lip giving him a baby tone, "Need me to hold your hand?"

He tried to keep the smirk off his face but with no success, "Shut up already;" he tsked his tongue before looking out amongst the sea of heads as they continued to walk. "So who is this alchemist anyways, that they don't want to be dealing with Scarlet."

Clasping her hands behind her back, Rhye hummed sweetly. "If I am thinking it's who I think, well he has a lot of good reasons to avoid Scarlet though... I've actually never met him."

"What? What the hell is with you and knowing people but never seeing them!" Grey stabbed a finger at her, "How are you going to know who this guy is then! I am not going to just some random bastard that thinks they know what they are doing."

"Oh... I'll know." she grinned slyly.

"Why do I trust you!"

"To the Alchemist," she responded with no real answer that he was looking for. "Are you worried that he is going to want to stick you with needles too?"

Crow became a wriggly worm the moment she spoke of needles, the very thought of a syringe almost killed him. Flailing about wildly, it had been the most involuntary sensation that had swept over him since he had awoken in the forest. Was there deep seated reason for the reaction? There must have been. But the in-depth observation quickly dissipated as he continued to have a heebie-jeebie dance.

"What." His tone was flat and unmoving enough to mimic stone, "What about what now?"

Crow finally regained composure at the realization that even the big bad Grey didn't seem to like the very idea either.

"Oh you'll be fine, it's your own blood."

"It still bothers the hell out of me!" he withdrew his prior grasp to cross his arms over the expanse of his chest, "Blood is blood, and I've already smelt the cruor that has been currently running through my veins. You think that the copper smell is bad to you, try whatever the plague has done." Grey looked away; "Makes me rather dizzy."

"Muffin." she puffed out her bottom lip giving him a baby tone, "Need me to hold your hand?"

Crow found himself relating to Grey, but he didn't feel like it was his position to say so, the thought of it all almost killed him. Though it wasn't exactly the smell that bothered him. Listening to a now grumpy Grey he could only feel he had a valid point, Rhye seemed to know a lot of people, it was true. But she only seem to know them through hearsay. Though to be fair, he decided that was more than he even had.

"Why do I trust you!" Grey finally spat. Crow could hear Dalia giggle shyly.

"How did we all end up at the mercy of Rhy's discretion?" Crow questioned aloud. "It kinda seems like we're all here because we have to rely on her decisions one way or another." Crow brought up a hand to his chin as he looked up into the late afternoon sky. The air was still warm, and felt good, but the four shadows that they cast were becoming long across the ground. As they intermingled among the people, Crow could only wonder where exactly Rhye was leading them. She quickly seemed to evade any kind of questioning he gave her, so she either didn't want them to know, or rather, she had no clue herself and didn't want to come off clueless. Crow hoped to the gods it wasn't the second.
"I hope the Alchemist has something to eat. I'm hungry..." He spoke under his breath.

Rubbing the palm of her hand over the apple of her cheek, she couldn't honestly help herself but to giggle alongside that of Dalia to how Grey begun to react. She had even been waiting for him to throw his hands up in the air, sprout off some foreign curse words she had no clue in understanding but knowing that they were foul and him threatening to walk away. But he remained very vigilant - a trite miffed off - but stayed nonetheless.

"How did we all end up at the mercy of Rhye's discretion? It kinda seems like we're all here because we have to rely on her decisions one way or another."

Grey grunted before the evil sneer that was almost too accustom to spread over his features, did just that as he stabbed a finger towards her, causing her to slap his hand away. "That is her way," hands spread out wide to move his fingers sporadically; "We are nothing but her little puppets that somehow get stuck doing her bidding. Run while you got the chance Crow, it'll save you in the long run!"

Pressing her lips into a grim line watching him turn a smug matter of factly nod at her as if he had just saved Crow from being devoured by a beast from hell itself.

Huffing hard, arms crossed under her bosom as she kept silent for a moment. This in turn quickly dispelled Grey's brief period of absolution. "You're going to make me regret every single word , aren't you?" Eyes opened through slits to glare at him making sure not to say a single thing knowing that alone should be enough to get his blood pumping in fear.

Scuffing back his hair with a nervous hand, she had to admit- his actions and emotions were fairly haywire to the moment, allowing his brash outburst to happen more often. She knew he wasn't keen on all of this but it had to happen.

Walking in momentarily silence through the sea of bodies and scents, Rhye raised her brow turning a look over her shoulder to him; "I hope the Alchemist has something to eat. I'm hungry..."

"Someone needs to tie a saddlebag to you," Rhye shook her head, "You keep eating like that constantly and you are going to be thrice the size you are now."

Grey had knitted his brows, cautious of actually saying anything fearing the worst for the time being as it was the way she preferred it. There were just times where he needed to be reminded that she wasn't just some girl given the title of a high being, that she was still something to be weary of.

Stalling her steps quick in the street, Rhye hummed a little before her eyes lifted upwards to the shadowy canvas a single herb shop cast along the cobblestone. Grey made a disgruntle noise of disgust to the wafting stench that came from the roots, herbs and flowers that were in the wooden barrels out front attempting to stifle his displeasure long enough for her to watch the glint from the lens reflect the bouncing sunlight towards her.

Rubbing at his face furiously, Grey narrowed a eye to the man as she smirked softly. "Think you'll have to wait to stuff your face again Crow." Rhye flicked her hair off her shoulder making the approach towards the man. Staying firm in his spot, Grey turned a cautious eye to that of Crow and Dalia making certain that both remained with him.

Clasping his hands tight behind his back, his attire stood out like a sore thumb even in a place as colorful and diverse as Echowinds, his body seemed to be wrapped up in pale greens and vivid golds. Leather upon leather to protect his skin from any possible back splash that could spill on him as her attention was caught by the unusual belt buckle design, quickly reminding herself that all alchemists were of a grade system. She couldn't tell what sort of grade he was, but dealing with Casbael; one would have to be near the highest. The cowl of long loose brown hair tossed and tussled with the light breeze as she could see the gentle all too familiar smile on his lips. Blue pastel eyes watched her somewhat, unsure a little to think that she was the one he had beckoned with a letter, as she could only raise her brow to his strange sight. She had heard rumours of his unique sights, the entire irises had been filled with the soft colour but she would have been stupid not to know that he didn't have an pupil; it was just almost the same colour as the rest that it was difficult to see. But it was enough to point out that he was not an archon.

"I had my suspicions;" she spoke clearly, fingers knitting through each other, curious to the entire thing. Of all the men to be sent or even requested as an alchemist, why him?

His lips curled upwards more so into a devious smirk allowing the escape of laughter to expand though; "Word has spread through the temple faster than I would ever think," the tone of his voice was soft, gentle almost as if it was afraid to break the silence though the authority that rang through every word was enough to convince her the truth. "Either that or Scarlet has been more fixed to bring my name down that I thought,"

Rhye chuckled, "You should know the answer to that Lord Mara."

Grey shook his head at the name before knitting his brow tightly in confusion, unsure if he had heard Rhye state the name correctly.

Waving his hand lightly through the air as if to dispel the air itself, his chin tipped forward to gesture to that of the trio a little bit away, "Please Rhye, if you could do me the favor of just calling me by Vaughn, I'd be grateful." Rhye smirked to him not even bothering to deem her by her own title, even though she had never met him personally it felt as if they had known each other for years. "I do hope you don't mind that I requested a private consultation."

"You need to take that up with him," Rhye pointed her thumb backwards to Grey who only proceeded to grunt at the pair of them. Surveying eyes looked Grey up and down, his lips frowned gently at the very image of Grey before he let his gaze falter away towards the other two.

"Did not realize you had so many followers, I had not heard that Vena was that large of a temple yet."
he mused more so to himself before the strong shoulders rose and fell with deciding it wasn't worth fretting over. "Please if you all wouldn't mind, I've decided to borrow the shop here so we may start a private session."

Growling under his breath to the very idea, Rhye shook her head at the bestial sort of being that Grey was like. Exchanging silent looks and words between one another, Grey ended up rolling his eyes the slow look extended over his shoulder towards Crow and Dalia. "Well?" he opened a hand forward as if stating they should have already should have started to move away from where they stood, as if they were to know that. His attitude had become abrasive of the current moment which meant no one was safe from it.

"Did you bring chain mail gloves?"
Rhye looked over Vaughn sweetly, though with the shock that ripped though his typically tranquil face said that he hadn't even thought of such a ludicrous idea. "He might try to bite."

Pushing his frames up onto his nose, Vaughn laughed nervously; "Fantastic."

"Think you'll have to wait to stuff your face again Crow." Rhye flicked her hair off her shoulder making the approach towards the man. Staying firm in his spot, Grey turned a cautious eye to that of Crow and Dalia making certain that both remained with him.

Crow only pouted quietly. Any thought of food seemed to be erased by Grey's demeanour however. The atmosphere he was creating around him was like a black hole, sucking anything light of the situation into a black abyss.

"You should know the answer to that Lord Mara." Grey shook his head at the name before knitting his brow tightly in confusion.

As Crow studied Grey's face contort at the name that was spoken, Crow only grew more curious. Everyone seemed to know who this alchemist was, and yet it wasn't being openly spoken as to why. He was only left to wonder who this guy really was. This intrigued Crow greatly. Studying the man that stood before them, he seemed like a simple person. He held himself with great poise, and Crow could easily tell that he was an extremely knowledgeable person. He appeared as an Archon, but Crow could sense something far greater. He held an essence of magic within him.

Growling under his breath to the very idea, Rhye shook her head at the bestial sort of being that Grey was like. Exchanging silent looks and words between one another, Grey ended up rolling his eyes the slow look extended over his shoulder towards Crow and Dalia. "Well?" he opened a hand forward as if stating they should have already disbanded, as if they were to know that. His attitude had become abrasive of the current moment which meant no one was safe from it.

Crow's attention was returned to Grey. At first he didn't clue into what was really going on. Then it clicked when Dalia gave him a nudge to enter the herb shop. Crow took in a deep breath, and nodded, he wasn't sure why he felt so nervous. Maybe it was for Grey's sake. He may not have known the guy really well. But it was sort of his fault Grey was now in this mess. After all, it was him saving Crow's rear end that got him into the predicament. Sighing as quietly as possible, he followed after Rhye who was following closely behind the one known as Vaughn.

The Tension was thick as they entered the building. Bypassing barrels of mysterious herbs and plants, Crow only looked onward with curiosity. How so many different things could have such an effect on the body. Swallowing hard, he could only wonder how someone could learn what everything does and use them with proficiency. The shop they entered was a small quaint shop. They entered the main room where a booth was setup for transactions, strewn with plenty more plants then what had even been seen along the entrance way. A well worn red carpet covered most of the stone floor, which was a dark grey cobblestone which has reflective specks which sparkled in the torchlight that had been provided.

Wicker baskets full of plants were lined up along every wall, and price tags hung from each basket, many herbs rather expensive, Crow could never have afforded such things. A large totem stood in the farthest corner of the room. It was a deep mahogany color. What appeared to be a dragon for a head, with a gryphon and another type of bird below. Tilting his head, he felt compared to stare at the totem. Finally his daze was broken when a woman walked into the room.

"Welcome Rhye and Company." She spoke with poignancy. "The back room is ready for your attendance whenever." She placed a hand upon the wooden counter and the other to guide them to a curtain which hung from the roof from an intricate dowel. Crow could tell by her voice that she was the one to give them the invitation.

"Is it our place to go in?" Dalia whispered over Crow's shoulder with concern. Crow looked back at her, raising an eyebrow. Quietly he spoke back to her.

"Honestly... probably not." He murmured. "But I don't know what else to do, but follow." She gave a slight nod to his response. Her toes curls on the bare carpet. She seemed more nervous than he. Wiping his sweaty palms on his green denim pants he was almost pressed forward by the lady. She was now garbed in a red and blue blouse, with a pencil skirt lined with the same markings as Vaughn. She had black hair trimmed to her shoulders in a straight cut. Her eyes were as cold as ice as she looked at the two without hesitation. It was as if she was studying each one of them as they walked by.

Crow raised an eyebrow as she stopped Vaughn on his way by. Placing a hand on his shoulder tenderly, she whispered into his ear as she seemed to be studying Crow. Vaughn looked at Crow and smiled.

"Do not fret." He smiled. "We are here to help." As he drew back the curtain, it produced a small room, with all things pushed aside. In the center sat two large pillows, with what looked like a small stove in the very center. Made of bronze, Crow wasn't quite sure what it was. "Grey. Please be seated. I will have to ask the rest of you to stand aside for the time being." He held the curtain as they all entered into the small cozy room. Crow shuffled right up against a wicker basket filled with what looked like a mix between a mushroom and a root. It smelt pungent, and they looked like they were rotting, but upon further investigation, they were hard as rock.

"Hmm, Rhye, before you stand over there, would you mind?" Vaughn pointed to the cushion across from Grey. "If you would be so kind." He smiled with a hint of mischief.

It was hard for her to even truly imagine that her hunch about who the alchemist was, was actually correct. She had heard so little of him in the years serving that of Casbael, but there had been a time where she had been privy enough to learn about him. Of course Scarlet never uttered a word of the man, rather it was the other half of the Mother; Sparlas.

Brushing aside the tangle of her bangs that decided to become a sudden nuisance in her face, Rhye seen the realization and confusion that spread along Grey's face. Of course with her addressing Vaughn by his surname would stir some wonderment in the demoil, he would know more to this puzzle now than that of Crow but surely not enough to uncover anything.

Pushing open the creaky door as the bell overhead rang it's simple chime, Grey had kept himself the furthest away from Vaughn as possible allowing the other two to enter into the shop before. If he thought he could make his escape now, he would be out of his mind.

Hands crossed behind his back, seemingly content in the atmosphere that was the shop all the while her own ears stirred to hear the almost off-colour grunt that clearly came from Grey. She knew he was still was running through the last bit of his primal aggression but she hardly thought he would be so effected by it all. In time, he would be no different than herself and the rest, mortal in all ways.

Her mind became lost in the thought she held only to be stirred by the woman suddenly addressing her in such a common manner, which she shortly realized that Vaughn was giving her a slow survey over. Almost as if he was thinking that she might be next in his little lineup of patients. "Welcome Rhye and Company. The back room is ready for your attendance whenever."

Giving the slight tip to her chin to acknowledge it all, her true attention had been caught by that of Vaughn. The woman that had been the one to bring her the message in the first place, the one that you could clearly tell was once upon a time a disciple of his own, was nothing more than perhaps a friendly conversation. Lifting her finger to press to the curve of her lips, Rhye held back the smirk. Oh she could only imagine what sort of real conversation starter this all could be within the right company.

"Do not fret." He smiled. "We are here to help." As he drew back the curtain, it produced a small room, with all things pushed aside. In the center sat two large pillows, with what looked like a small stove in the very center.

She was rather impressed to see how well prepared they all were for them, almost as if they had been planning this little side venture the moment they had been summoned by that of Casbael."Grey. Please be seated. I will have to ask the rest of you to stand aside for the time being." He held the curtain as they all entered into the small cozy room.

Feeling the all too familiar overwhelming heat sidle up beside her, Grey snuffed a hard snort as arms crossed right over his chest. "I'm fine standing."

Pursing her lips to look at him, she knew this wasn't going to be easy in the least. Grey was all too famous for being the difficult sort of patient, Vaughn would not be the first to have such a treatment given though in truth, this was still tame. Tossing a borderline fearful look at her, Rhye exhaled a nosily sigh as he made the gesture of 'what'.

Replying with her own sort of gesture putting her fingers to her brow, Rhye dared to leave Grey in the trusting hands of Vaughn; "Hmm, Rhye, before you stand over there, would you mind?" Vaughn pointed to the cushion across from Grey. "If you would be so kind."

The bright mischief that blossomed over his calm features, his curious eyes glinted with an all knowing gleam that had even Grey giving off a warning of his own. "She may not mind but I certainly do," Grey promptly interjected, his gaze swiping across Vaughn to linger the raptor stare there. Partly being offended to him even saying otherwise, she did understand that he was acting like himself. A moment of weakness, no matter how little or large, Grey was reluctant to allow anyone around. She was not the exception and possibly could never be.

"If you would be more comfortable;" Vaughn hid his smirk well though it reflected through his eyes in waves. "I will need to draw a fair bit of your blood Grey, in need to study it it'll have to go through a series of different elements to be discern what exactly is going on inside and in turn perhaps uncover a way to purge it from you and the plague lands."

Pinching the bridge of his nose grunting in understanding, she caught the side look Grey threw at her as she held up her hands in defense that she was going. "Play nice," she pointed her finger at him only incurring a dark glare she usually tried to stay out of sight of.

Tilting her chin to that of Vaughn, the man smiled softly to her in his own way of accepting what was going on and to be on his own guard. Grey wasn't fully out of his demonic state yet and it would be unwise for Vaughn to be careless around Grey.

Propping the curtain up for herself to walk in, Rhye smirked slightly as she caught Crow poking at the strange mushrooms that he decided to take residence beside. Clasping her hands firmly over her midsection trying to keep the nervous tension from her body, she laughed gently. "There called Ore mushrooms, you need to fry them to get them from being so hard." she responded, she knew a little of some herbs in the shop, mostly due to Valora in truth, but it was limited. "They help with impotence." she chuckled more so herself.

"There called Ore mushrooms, you need to fry them to get them from being so hard." she responded, she knew a little of some herbs in the shop, mostly due to Valora in truth, but it was limited. "They help with impotence." she chuckled more so herself.

Crow nodded to her response as he continued to scrutinize the herb. "Interesting." He mumbled. As Crow's attention returned to the task at hand, he realized he awoke from his day dream at the wrong moment. He could see Vaughn prepping a syringe, and instantly his body went limp like a noodle.

Grasping the barrel that held the Ore Mushroom he began sweating profusely. Whining under his breath he struggled to keep composure. Pressing his glasses back up onto the bridge of his nose, he noticed Dalia wander up to him. She had been awfully quiet the past few minutes that they had spent in the room, he had almost forgot of her presence until she placed a tender hand on his forearm.

"I..." Crow mumbled. "Maybe I should wait outside or something."

"As you wish." Vaughn stated simply.

"I will come with you," Dalia spoke with concern. Attempting to help the listless Crow.

"We will let you know when we are done." Vaughn said with a nod. "Keressa, would you please escort them out." With a nod, the black hair lady helped them out of the room. Guiding Crow, he sat upon a wooden stool. After a moment of silence, he felt his strength coming back.

"I have no idea where that feeling came from..." Crow admitted.

"It's okay, I don't mind waiting out here." Dalia said, almost sound as relieved as he. As they sat in the open Herb shop, Keressa waited at the door with the curtain. Leaned up against the wall with her arms folded.

"Blood, can some times have that effect." She commented. "To be affected in such a way, one has had to have a traumatic experience, or a preconceived notion of blood itself." Crow found himself chuckling.

"And I've only been awake for a couple days now. So that only leaves me to wonder." Keressa looked up at the blue haired Hevanarchon. Brushing her bangs out of her eyes, she looked at him without any expression.

"You have had the gift of a second life. It is obvious in your aura, and yet you are obviously unaware of the power that dwells deep within you. It is coated with a shell." Crow only found himself raising an eyebrow to her statement. She spoke with experience. She seemed to know more about himself, then he himself knew.

"You know who I am?" Crow questioned.

"I did not say that. I can merely see your inner soul. It has gone through many things in the past year of your life. But the outer shell prevents you from accessing anything within that wall." Unfolding her arms she approached Crow, never faltering their eye contact. As she walked right up to him Crow frowned.

"Then how am I to break this 'Wall'?" Crow asked with strong intent. If she knew something, he had to know, anything that might help him discover who he was.

"I do not know. And perhaps you are not meant to try." She looked over to Dalia briefly. "You may never return to the person you were. But, there is one part of you, that perhaps would be beneficial to you." She walked over to the main counter. As she walked behind it, she disappeared behind it as she crouched down. Crow looked at Dalia confused. Dalia smiled her usual smile towards him. Before Keressa stood up again, a loud noise came from the room next to them, making both Crow and Dalia jump.

"What was that?" Dalia questioned, blinking rapidly.

Cupping her hand to rest at the crest of her chin, thoughts wandered through her minds eye taking little time for true consideration. She knew that Grey hardly appreciated the sentiment that went along with them all being here but at the same time, he hadn't put up as much as a fight as one would usually think. She knew his attitude, weakness -any sort- was unacceptable. It had been drilled firm into his skull from a young age and only hardened with years of agony and peril. Granted she knew still so little of his past but the gist she had heard of; it was more than she wanted to really know.

Hearing the whining to bring her attention away from the fluttering blank look that registered briefly on her face; Rhye hummed blinking the confusion onto her features. Seeing Crow nearly passing out with something, it took little time as she heard the grunt of a huff that came clear from Grey. "Slaggin sake," peering a look over the roundness of her shoulder, the half demoil was actually watching firmly what had happened. His brow was furrowed but not in the usual sneering sort that was proud and firm but rather a way that was telling her he was not impressed by Crow's reaction and it in turn only furthered Grey's already brazen apprehension of all this.

"I..." Crow mumbled. "Maybe I should wait outside or something."

"As you wish." Vaughn stated simply.

"I will come with you," Dalia spoke with concern. Attempting to help the listless Crow.

"We will let you know when we are done." Vaughn said with a nod. "Keressa, would you please escort them out."

Giving a push to the balls of her heels getting her body to turn right around watching with concern and bewilderment; Grey let his own gaze shut tight. His jaw was working as tapered ears flicked with uncertain annoyance when Vaughn flicked the shaft of the instrument.

"I thought you were just drawing blood," Rhye asked gently trying not to stir any tension that could get Grey riled up. While she had been certainly out of focus momentarily ago, her attention came clear to toss a weary glance to the collar on the half demoil's neck. The runes generally a constant hue of orange were flickering ever so lightly, showing the true testament.

Sparlas warned to keep Grey under control, as little stress as possible but this... this was pushing it. He was uncomfortable and that was something already difficult to get him to rein in. "I will in time," Vaughn didn't seem to notice anything strange that would alarm him, but she did. While she had watched Grey close his sights away from the spectacle, the sudden watchful vision was truthfully distressing. Irises usually tempered into the rare blue shade were vivid of course but the lack of a pupil was enough to get her to swallow hard. "First a little herbal help to illuminate his blood cells has to be interjected firstly. Normally this isn't required but seeing as Grey is a half breed; I need to be able to tell the difference between demoil and ecchial blood cells." Vaughn smiled so sweetly it was almost enough to curb her own anxiety. "This will certainly make those curious little demoil cells glow under later scope." Biting her bottom lip Rhye could only nod uncertain if she should answer with a vocal sense. "Alright dear boy;" Grey turned his full attention to that of Vaughn; the strain and pull of the moment grappling hard on his evident irritation; "This will be quick."

Sliding a foot around, she wanted nothing more than not to stare but it was difficult to pull her attention away. The leather soles of her boots clacked against the ground encroaching around hearing the once silent growl growing louder and certainly into a tone she was all too familiar with. Vaughn either was truly oblivious or he had honestly perfected his bedside manner to ignore what Grey was doing. To say that he wasn't bestial when a person seen him normally might have been right, but watching this scene she realized how important she was to stick around. It was no different than caging a wild animal and waiting for them to strike out at whomever dared to enter the cage.

Slipping her hands to rest against the tension in each of his shoulders, Grey hummed some pulling his attention to look up to her before he exhaled heavily. "Get this over with already." Grey muttered as she gave him an appreciative squeeze. Again he hummed though the sound wasn't the same as before; rather than wonder it came out as an silent gratitude. She could only grin slightly when his own free hand came up to rest over top one of hers. Little things like this meant more to her than she could state, it was far more verbal than words alone.

Allowing Vaughn to inject the clear fluid that one could mistake as water into Grey, the demoil managed to wrangle himself fairly well. At least until the second part came.

"Grey, turn your wrist upwards." Vaughn pulled back away after finishing the watery injection. "Can't pull blood from the first injection sight and well the best place to gather fresh blood is either in your neck or wrist. I figured that you would not like to have a syringe stick up from your main artery." Idle fingers pointed to his own neck as of where he was talking about not drawing from.

Both blinked to such a statement but again Grey didn't fuss. Everything seemed to have began settling down until that secondary needle sunk deep into the flesh between the tendons. She wished she could have braced better than she had, but she couldn't. Rather she yelped attempting to dislodge herself from the possible entrapment grabbing tight around his shoulders. "Grey!" she bellowed out before Vaughn let out a nervous laugh and rubbed his head while his other hand was holding the broken syringe. Blinking quickly, the tumble of the shelves that Vaughn had been thrown into let its contents fall and smash on the ground. Curling a hand up to jerk the thin broken needle from his wrist; she realized why Grey had jumped as he had.

The blood that streamed down his arm as not something she was expecting, the once upon a time red healthy cruor was that of a inky black. Grey reacted as he said he would to the smell and it was strong enough to get her to make a noise.

"Well," Vaughn groaned a little from how hard he hit the wall before lifting up the tube of the syringe shaking it some looking at the black blood. "This is certainly more interesting than I thought it was going to be, my apologizes... I should have been more careful with it all. I often forget how sensitive demoil's are to blood, including their own."

"You're about to bath in your own if you need more." Grey's tone was feral that much was certain but it didn't hold the same haunting duo tone it could when he was acting like a demoil. It seemed that the collar managed to keep back that part still even under the pressure that had occurred.

Throwing back the curtain, the black haired woman looked around the room with the startled look easily expecting someone on the floor but was pleased that her fears were not realized. "Vaughn, are you alright?" her voice turned sweet and soft generally concerned for the man as he laughed it off.

"Just a bump in the road Keressa, nothing to worry about." Vaughn lifted his curious blue eyes to Grey, "Perhaps a patch up to the wound that the patient has suffer is a might good idea."

"Yeah you can keep your hands off of me now, I don't need coddling!" Grey sneered, the blood dripping down to the floor as she realized what she was hanging from due to the brazen outlash of Grey throwing Vaughn back. "You can let go now." Grey muttered lifting up his hand to flex the fingers, opening her hands to release around his neck, her body tumbled down to squish the soles of her feet into the cushion while the blossoming blush rose thick in her cheeks. "You alright?"

"Me?" Rhye let out a breath of hot air, coupled with confusion and relief, "Yeah I suppose after you scared the hell out of me. I thought I was going to have to explain to Scarlet why her son was killed."

Grey grinned slowly, "So he is Scarlet's little bastard," she hummed a little as Vaughn huffed in turn to that noting the instant distaste that was held fast in Grey's tone.

"I don't overly appreciate being called such a thing, especially when I am trying to help you."

Grey turned to look menacingly at him, stabbing a finger at him. "In my books you are nothing less than that, you ought to be bloody well lucky that I don't still rip your slaggin throat right out. I am only behaving cause I have already caused Rhye enough grief with that damnable sow of a mother that you came sloping out of."

Vaughn hummed rubbing the back of his neck - Keressa hovering still close- attempting to swallow the trite of words that Grey just threw at him, "So elegant, well... I will let you know your results at the temple tonight. it will take some time-" he lifted up the veil again to look at the blood, "To decipher this."

"Vaughn," Rhye spoke gently trying to clear the air of temperament though he only waved her off. His way of understanding what had happened and not holding a grudge. Clearly he was more like his father than his mother, thankfully.

Shaking out the numbness that had begun to swarm into his fingers the flecks of blood spotted across the ground which managed to create a brief face of disgust that quickly shifted into sickness. Worried swam through her sights only to heighten as Grey turned the all too sober pale look to her without a word. Lifting the uninjured arm he brushed aside the curtain that still hung from its pegs making his quick way out of the shop, leaving her to fill in the blanks to what he was trying to escape. With how tangy the blood was against the air, she could only fathom how much stronger it was to him and now with all the herbs of varying smells- it had been a real surprise that Grey had lasted as long as he did inside.

"Such a private lad, do not worry Rhye. The worst he is going to do right now is vomit and have a persistent headache until he sleeps" Vaughn grinned seeming to read her mind and at the same time ease her own personal anxiety. "Mind if I keep a sample of his blood for my collection?"

"Uh well..." Rhye hummed, thought and shrugged. She knew that perhaps giving such a consent should have been that of Grey's but in another turn, it hardly seemed worth the effort of denying it. She trusted Vaughn enough to believe that any ill will that he could possibly use of the demonic blood was next to nil. "Of course, consider it my way of thanking you Vaughn."

"Pleasure is all mine."
he grinned further seeming more amused by the entire thing than any of them would be. But that was the life of an alchemist, little things like such as blood was beyond simple understanding that she could fathom. Keressa seemed a little more bothered by the fact that the blood Vaughn held so gleefully was such an unusual color as her lips remained still and silent. Again he shook the thin syringe the dancing glint of his eyes behind the glasses could only be described as childlike amusement. "Such a marvel." he spoke to that of himself, "Ah yes Keressa would you please see to our guests here, the sooner i begin with this the better."

Her head bowed, hands clasp though the worry did not press from her brows, "Certainly Vaughn." Opening her hand to beckon towards the curtain that lead back out into the store front, Rhye couldn't help but toss the woman a fellow uncertain look. "Please do be careful with such blood," Rhye lifted a brow to such a heed that was falling to that of Vaughn, "It is... unlike anything i have ever seen such a dark film surrounds it."

"Film?" Rhye repeated, the wheels in her mind worked feverishly to such a way of words before she felt the soft cup of a hand behind her back motioning for her to leave alongside that of the archon woman. Narrowing her gaze to a tight peer, Rhye gave Keressa a once over that could last a lifetime. "You're a fore, are you not?"

Lips pulled up in the corners with a slight nod,
"Yes Lady Hunter, that I am." She didn't know whether that made her feel better or not, but on the side of caution she figured it was better that she knew and Grey did not. He had a great disdain for fores, for reasons she really didn't know. "Please come and perhaps I can answer any questions that you would liked answered."

As Kerressa and Rhye came back out into the main room, Crow couldn't help but give Rhye a worried look. Grey had come rushing out so fast, and without much more than a huff, he had left the building.

"Is everything okay?" Crow questioned. Dalia who sat beside only nodded.

"Grey looked hurt." Dalia spoke shakily.

Kerressa nodded with reassurance. "Vaughn promises that he will be fine after some time alone." She folded her arms and looked at the Guardian. "Is there anything you would like to know before we depart until the later evening at Scarlet's council? I'm sure you are aware that anything that is divulged here, need not be heard by Scarlet's ear. So I would ask what you will now." Kerressa's voice was a low tone, keeping her own thoughts to herself seemed to be her specialty.

Letting Rhye speak her thoughts she nodded.

"Well, I believe that is good for now." Walking over to the main entrance she ushered them out one by one. "Have a good evening, and we will assemble later tonight." She paused for a moment. "Crow." She stated his name as he was walking by. Halting he looked at her with confusion. The large noises in the other room had distracted their previous conversation. "Take this." She handed him a vial of a blue liquid. Small red flecks floated around in it.

"What...?"

"Drink this, but be sure you are not near any body. Be alone, and be away from civilization." She interrupted him. Crow couldn't help but look at her skeptically. "If you truly desire to have a piece of yourself back. This will help, potentially." Her blue eyes pierced into his mind. He could feel it.

"Potentially?" Crow only grew more skeptical.

"You have to really want it. Otherwise it will do nothing. So think on it. I suggest using it after we meet tonight. Do not drink it unless you are sure you seek your inner self." Crow nodded silently. Exiting out into the evening air. The warmth and humidity instantly enveloped him. Looking down at the small vial, he questioned its ability. If this really worked... He wasn't sure what he thought on it. She had a point with a second life. Maybe he didn't want to know what caused him to lose his memory. But what did she mean by being 'away from civilization'? Maybe what he feared... Shaking his head he looked up at the Guardian.

"What now Rhye?" Crow asked as he slipped the vial into his denim pocket.

She silently wished that she could at least ease the look that Crow gave her but she knew that there would be no way to do such a thing. Especially when she was in the same position, worry working hard against the knot in her throat, it would have been foolish to say that everything was alright.

A soft sigh escaped her lips, fingers laced to her forehead to rub it somewhat trying to replay everything she had just witnessed and in the same moment ease the fears that came from seeing that vial that held the tainted blood.

"Is everything okay?" Crow questioned. Dalia who sat beside only nodded.

Tossing a side look to Keressa gauging the woman's own current uncertainty; her shoulders pulled upwards into a sluggish shrug. "Guess everything is as good as one can expect," it was really all she could say though it held a hollow ring to it making sound even more insincere than she hoped.

"Grey looked hurt." Dalia spoke shakily.

Keressa turned her nose up somewhat with the comment, "He is half demoil, he will survive. What do they usually call such a wound?" those big eyes turned to stare in wonder at Rhye, causing a softer muffled laugh to come rolling over her lips.

"Flesh wound."

"Yes, flesh wound." letting the smile linger briefly, it slowly dissipated as Keressa began to speak "Vaughn promises that he will be fine after some time alone." She folded her arms and looked at the Guardian. "Is there anything you would like to know before we depart until the later evening at Scarlet's council? I'm sure you are aware that anything that is divulged here, need not be heard by Scarlet's ear. So I would ask what you will now." Keressa's voice was a low tone, keeping her own thoughts to herself seemed to be her specialty.

She had hundreds of questions and no questions at all. What pertained to this moment really and how good would the information really do her in the end. In truth it mattered little what she asked now, Grey was the center to all this; if anyone had the right to search for an answer from Keressa it had been him.

"I doubt there is anything I could say or do or ask that would ease the tension between my eyes Keressa. No matter what is said here, in Scarlet's company is what matters most." She felt silly prattling on with such words but they had somewhat of a meaning behind them. She was afraid to learn something that perhaps Keressa was sensing from the vial, that was enough to keep her wild thoughts silent.

"Well, I believe that is good for now." Walking over to the main entrance she ushered them out one by one. "Have a good evening, and we will assemble later tonight."

Letting Dalia step out in front of her first as she exchanged a humble nod, she made no effort to bid farewells, they would be gathering again soon anyways. Though her ears perked hearing the soft call of Crow's name, causing her to turn back a bit as Keressa seemed to wave her off without a worry. While it seemed a little fishy she knew that she had no right, perhaps while she was with Grey and Vaughn they had a conversation that Keressa felt needed to be finished properly. Either way, if it was important enough she would hear of it eventually.

Stepping out into the street looking up to the painted hues of red, orange, gold and pink her eyes began to scan excitedly around in hopes that Grey would have stuck around close enough. Then again, if Vaughn was right in stating that Grey was just going to be sick then she knew better than anyone that he was long gone. Her memories recalled back across the ocean when they first met and began to work as comrades for Vena that he stated that he had never actually been sick like most. This was a weakness that he was not willing to have anyone for, not that she would be excited to witness it anyways.

"What now Rhye?" Crow asked as he slipped the vial into his denim pocket. Starting at hearing him calling her, Rhye fussed with the cusp of her bangs, the grim line stretched over her face before she exhaled heavily to pinch her fingers to the bridge of her nose.

"We return to the temple, I would love to go looking for Grey but if he doesn't want to be found, he won't be." Straining her vision to the glinting fading light against the cobblestone, she knew that she had to keep a reasonable mind here and now. This was no time to go worrying over events that she knew nothing of or had control.

Slipping her hands to wrap around her waist, her head tipped causing the crown of red and gold to falter aside; "What'd Keressa have to say to you?" she asked anyways, anything to avoid the subject at hand for a while longer.

The onset of the night was well underway as they made their way back up to the Temple. All the walking they had done in the day, Crow was starting to realize how far they had ventured off from the Temple. He was so hungry that morning that he hadn't noticed. That being said, the walk back had only aided in bringing his appetite to it's usual spot.

It was a quiet trip back. Little had been said between the three. It was obvious they all had the same thing on their mind though. Grey. The amount that had happened in the past two days was more than could be said in words. From Grey going ballistic, to converting him to a temporary Ecchial. Now they were testing him, for what ever it was that needed to be tested. That part was beyond Crow's comprehension. Crow had to feel sorry though. He still felt as though it was largely his fault. The thing that had attacked them... He shivered as he recollected the images.

If it weren't for Grey, Crow surely would have been killed by that thing. It clearly wanted him taken out. It didn't relieve him to know that it took Grey receiving the blow to save his life however.

Fiddling with the smooth bottle in his pocket, he only wondered what this bottle would do to him. He was told to be alone, but he wondered if he should tell Rhye about it anyway. It was sort of uneasy to admit, but he really felt like a child. He knew so little of the world, and though his body would surge with the urgency of trying to recall what it was he was supposed to already know, nothing would come about it. This concoction was supposed to aid him in that. Supposedly.

In his unease of the thought, he looked upon Rhye with caution. "So..." He lightly began. "Do you think we can trust Vauhgn and Keressa?" He questioned in a round-about way. "I mean, I understand they are there to help. But you don't know them that well, do you?" He wasn't really in the mood to play twenty questions. But he needed to alleviate some of the stress he had created.

Intense silence echoed endlessly around the void that was her body, swirling in a madness that seemed to have no end in sight only to make the already pungent thoughts become that much more sharp. She hadn't wanted to really think about what could be possibly waiting them all with whatever answers or more questions could find but that was something out of her control.

How could someone with such an abundance of power feel the exact opposite? She could beckon with a flick of her wrist the entire Vena army to bow to a knee and pledge alliance to hell itself, but in matters such as this; she was just as useless as a bread merchant attempt to hock fish. It was infuriating to say the least but was there a purpose to dwell on it? No, there wasn't but that didn't mean she wasn't.

Tapered ears flicked taking a full register to the call that came from the singular male that had been walking with her, Rhye combed back the stray hairs from her face. The sun sat along the horizon of the city casting it's rich painted colours against the rooftops of many as a single heavy sigh escaped her breath first.

"Do you think we can trust Vaughn and Keressa?"

He made a point really though it really wasn't a real testament to her judgement. Holding back her bangs from her face a moment longer than usual the vivid green gems that crested against her darker complexion paused while lips curved upwards into a unusually suddenly calm smile. "I mean, I understand they are there to help. But you don't know them that well, do you?"

"While I don't generally like to think that Scarlet or even Sparlas may hire out other bodies without knowing their backgrounds, I feel more confident in their abilities than most." She felt like she had just danced around the answer with a grace that was almost feline. Hair draped forward to crown her cheeks, nimble fingers lifted in a halt to stop their walk towards the temple. She knew there was a reason to why Crow was asking such a question and her gut was saying it wasn't solely due to the worry of Grey.

Sliding a foot around to stand tall in front of the hevanarchon male, again her hands moved only to clasp tight to either shoulder of him. The air of calamity relented for the time giving way for the composure that came naturally to her to bare itself. Sincerity etched onto her features taking time to consider Crow and then Dalia. "Listen Crow, while I know I can go on preaching about you needing to trust me, I can understand how difficult that is... for the both of you. In real truth of it all, you have no reason to lend me your understanding or honest truth especially when you are still having a trial with finding yourself. But," she bit down on her lips softly before closing her eyes. "I honestly believe we can trust the pair of them whole heartily and not just because they have been summoned by that of Sparlas and Scarlet."

Pulling her hands back to knit together the swirling madness continued to swim in her stomach making her uncertainly reappear on her face. "I've come to not only trust my own instincts but that of others. It may sound utterly foolish or even cliche but," eyes lifted to stare deeply at him, reflecting a side of inner most fright and compassion that most kept hidden, "You know how Grey is... if he was so certain that Vaughn or Keressa were a bad idea, he wouldn't have stepped into their hands as it were."

The humble laugh came past her lips, "I don't know exactly why you are asking me such a question now after we have already came and left them but I have a feeling Keressa said something to you that has you suddenly doubting yourself and them." lips pulled into a grin, "Crow it may be hard to hear or even believe now but, if you need to tell me something anything, I am here to do just that. Listen. I might be able to provide you with an answer you can see or give you a direction to go." she chuckled a little lifting her index finger to press to her bottom lip, "It's what friends are for, you know." Winking to him, she turned a some, "It sounds silly perhaps but, I'll offer it now. I have been thinking on it as well since this afternoon... if Scarlet and Sparlas cannot give you an answer to where you and Dalia should go, I welcome you into my little misfits. I know Grey wouldn't admit it, but he doesn't protect everyone. If he didn't see some potential in you, he would haven't taken that hit for you." turning on her heels, Rhye smiled softly to herself. "We can talk more later if you want too alright? I don't think I really answered your question but it's hard to give you the right answer either when I am not too sure why you are asking in the first place."

Crow watched as Rhye spoke. He listened intently, but he found his mind wandering at the same time. He desperately wanted someone to trust, that was the truth of it. But everything was so foreign to him, he just wasn't sure. Wasn't sure about anything, really. Should he risk trying to use this so called Potion? He was ordered to do so alone, and yet... that was the last thing he wanted to be right now.

Pursing his lips, he had intent to speak, but instead, he only smiled. He really did appreciate Rhye's attempts at making him feel better. And maybe in certain ways it did, on an exterior level at any rate. Letting his gaze wander, his continued to watch with his hands in his pockets. Keeping a firm grasp on the bottle, as if afraid to lose it. His hand grew sweaty, but he didn't loosen the grip any. Watching the ground, he watched the steps of his comrades, he almost forgot Dalia had been walking with him, she had been so quiet. That was one thing he didn't quite understand about her. She was so quiet, but happy to follow. She didn't need to be involved in every conversation, she was just happy to listen.

She was just happy to be there. She didn't need to divulge much about who she was, or where she came from. She just appeared, and wanted to be there. Perhaps that was partly his doing. He wasn't the same person she once knew, but that didn't seem to overly bother her. Maybe she just didn't know how to approach him anymore, and talk to him. Scratching his brow he looked over to her. Her brown eyes met with his, and she smiled. The light was very dim now, and Crow recognized where they were again. They were just about back at the Temple now.

"Would you really take us with you Rhye... If that was what it came to. If I were to choose a path, you would be willing to make that commitment?" Smiling at Dalia he nodded to her.

"Is that something you would want?" He asked her.

"I would be happy to." She answered with honesty. "Rhye is fun, and very brave!" She brought her arm up as if pretending to flex her muscles. Crow only laughed.

"I think that would be something I could handle." Crow admitted. "You and Grey saved my life. It obviously had to be more than coincidence." He shrugged at the thought.

She hardly expected much of response in truth, rather she had just put out as much as humanly possible without actually cutting out her own heart to bare the earnest intent behind. Of course she had been hoping to ease some of his troubles but that would have been foolhardy of her to personally believe that a few muttering of words, a brave face and a smirk would do that. It would take more than a bit of time, rather it would take almost a lifetime especially if he wasn't ever able to recover what he was looking for, though that was really the most negative near impossible outcome.

Even people with amnesia eventually regained their memories; that was all he had... right?

Lolling her neck to the side pressing her fingertips hard to ease some of the tension; Rhye found herself staring right back down to the pair wide eye filled with curiosity and a curb of understanding.

"Would you really take us with you Rhye... If that was what it came to. If I were to choose a path, you would be willing to make that commitment? Is that something you would want?"

"Crow you make it sound like I only offer because it was the right thing to do, not to mention you are making the pair of you both sound like unwanted animals. I don't offer things willy nilly, I say what I mean and mean what I say." her hand clasp shut to press over her heart, tipping her head forward. A common sign of respect that originally came from her family line, it was how someone would express their honest word with nothing more than a sign. Her lips had paused in mid opening allowing the laugh to wisp past her lips.

"I would be happy to." She answered with honesty. "Rhye is fun, and very brave!"

Planting her hands to her hips, Rhye raised a brow to Dalia before she actually would reach out and give the girl a slight squeeze to her flexed muscle. "Careful with those guns Dalia, you might make some guys jealous." she teased lightheartedly though as they continued to walk the looming shadow that was the temple began to engulf the last remaining shadows they possessed.

Her attention craned upwards, worry blanched swiftly through the acute irises seeming rather uncertain about all this returning to the temple stuff. "I think that would be something I could handle." Crow admitted. "You and Grey saved my life. It obviously had to be more than coincidence."

Her attention remained vigil upon the temple but her mind was firm to listening to the pair of them. "In Casbael Crow, you learn that nothing is ever coincidence." her finger lifted making a slow personal point to them all. "There is a thread of destiny and fate that has begun to sew us all together, be it for a moment or a lifetime; there was a reason and a purpose to our meeting." Rhye dropped her gaze to Crow and Dalia, carefully evaluated both of them with a steely stare that was more accustom to a guardian than herself. "All that has transpired from our run in, your memory, Grey's twisted body, to even Dalia's appearance is a plan that none of us know but it is a plan. We can only believe that eventually all the chaos that has been happening will be pulled into tranquility. I may not be sure of so much right now due to being mortal and having to fret not only for you," she pointed to Crow, lifted her hand to point to Dalia tapping the girl gingerly on her nose, "Or you, or even Grey; but I am certain that our meeting is meant for greater things." she finally shrugged backing up into a silver plated male only to feel his grasp tighten around her shoulders.

She hadn't realized she was that close to the entrance of the temple let alone a guard. Feeling to pressured squeeze the surprise on her face registered well causing her chin to tip upwards and the guard's hands to slip aside around to her side, keeping a firm step with her.

"Letting your mind wander Rhye?" he quirked a brow making a prompt yet brief tilt of his chin to greet Crow and Dalia, "Or should I have included your body as well, you've been out of the temple nearly all day."

"Dorian," she rubbed her hair with a mild nervous laugh, "You make a better wall than a door, didn't realize you were standing right there."

He lifted a hand in a gesture of whatever, brushing away her worries. "I was posted out here to wait for your return, though imagine my surprise when you didn't come back with the bastard."

"What?" Rhye knitted her brows, knowing full well who he was talking about. "Grey is back here?"

Crossing his arms over his chest, he grunted in agreement to her words as he seemed to study her before the flush of a grin returned promptly to his face. "I thought you sent him back Rhye, guess I was wrong in my assumption but if you have already started to get that mongrel trained all the better." Her lips pursed into a grim disapproving line forcing Dorian to lift his hands up in defense. "Hey I am just speaking the truth, don't need to get annoyed at me for saying what I feel or what's on my mind. You know what sort of risk you are taking already letting the accursed beast into the temple. Demoils are not meant to be kept as pet's... excluding yours truly."

Fingers pressed to her brow, "When and where Dorian?"

"Hmm," Dorian began to rub his chin, "Oh I'd say about an hour and a half ago, and he is up in his ce-" she narrowed a look to him, "Er, room." Well that was one less worry, she hardly thought he would willingly come back to the mother temple but it eased her thoughts greatly. His hands clapped hard forcing her attention to return to the gleaming armour of the Captain of the Guards, "Anyways now that you all have decided to return to the temple, I have been instructed to take you all into the dining hall. The alchemist has sent word that he will be arriving shortly after the meal. Might as well rest while you can before..." he cleared his throat with a awkward laugh, "Scarlet gets excited."

She stopped herself from rolling her eyes, it would be best not to even let Dorian know what had recently transpired. The less he knew, the less Scarlet would be ready for Vaughn already tracking them down and taking what he needed. "Sounds good, I am certain Crow is hungry. It's been over a couple hours, surprised he hasn't wasted away." Rhye chuckled to herself making sure to cover her lips with a slide of a hand, carefully walking around Dorian against the polished pathway that lead into the temple.

"Whose is Crow?" Dorian trotted up to escort her with the others as he was honestly confused by the name, he had only known Crow as Destyn. Seemed the name had already stuck true and fast to the young hevanarchon.

The mention of food instantly made Crow's stomach growl.

"Who's is Crow?"

Dalia pointed to Destyn as he ran in spot, anxious all of the sudden.

"That's Crow she said." Dorian scratched his head confused.

"Alrighty then." He accepted that, but didn't quite understand the pretence to the name.

"Foood." Crow insisted. He had been so deep in thought it hadn't really dawned on him until that very moment how hungry he really was. The walk back was long, and that was all he needed to work up his appetite.

Pressing the group forward, they entered the belly of the Temple, their pace in tune with Crow's, who led the group. Not that he really knew where he was going; but Dorian was quick to correct his course if he was straying from their destination. It wasn't much longer until Crow could just follow his nose as they weaved through the hallways. His feet shuffling along the plush carpets beneath his feet, he inspected each statue with intense scrutiny.

"These statues are all weird," He murmured lightly.

"They all look like important people." Dalia agreed. Crow nodded as he looked back at Rhye. Dorian didn't look at the statues as he walked, but he nodded his head lightly.

"Many of them are warriors who fought in the Nojae War." He pointed to a couple of them. "Many of these men were generals. Rhye should know most of them from her studies as a Novice. I'm sure she can tell you about them some time." His armor creaked as he walked in stride with Crow. Dorian looked over his shoulder.

"Rhye," He raised a brow to her. "Would you like to retrieve the... Rather, Grey, from his quarters. Or do you want to send a servant?" He folded his arms with a slight tilt to his head. "I doubt he would come unless you ask. I can take these two to the dining hall, where we will meet you." Though he hated everything that Grey stood for, and everything he had become. He knew when Rhye needed alone time with him. He was far from naive in that department.

"Come you two. Let us go wait for them. Scarlet will be surely be there already. You know how she is..." He looked at Rhye warily.

"Alright." Dalia spoke for the both of them. Crow could hardly care at that very moment. He just wanted food.

"I think I smell Roast Beef... and what else?" He sniffed the air again. "Fresh Bread Loafs?" Again Dorian could only look at Crow with confusion.

"You're a strange kid." He muttered. Dalia giggled in the background.

As they entered the room, a large table was splayed out in front of them. Filled quite full of different dishes, Crow couldn't believe his eyes. He had already raided the Temple's kitchens on more than one occasion, but he hadn't ever seen this much food. Poultry, Pork, Beef. Cheeses that Crow had no idea what kind they were. Salads, Vegetables, Fruit. The sight and smell was enough to send Crow into heaven.

"Are we expecting a lot of people?" Crow asked quite astonished.

"No," Dorian placed his hand lightly upon the head of the chair and pulled it out. Like a gentleman he guided Dalia to sit down and push in her chair, she thanked him. "Only you four, Scarlet, and the Alchemist."

"What about Sparlas?" Crow asked as he sat down beside Dalia.

"Uh..." Dorian paused for a moment. "He is preoccupied this evening..." He spoke quietly. "He may grace his presence near the end of the evening. I am unsure." He confessed.

"And what about you?" Crow asked. Dorian snorted. It seemed he was growing impatient with all the questions.

"I." He began. "Will be standing outside, making sure there are no unnecessary ears are listening. The last thing we need is rumours to spread. That or worse yet, widespread panic. That sorry excuse for a Demoil caused nothing but havoc where ever his sorry hide falls." Crow sort of made a face at Dorian. He could sort of understand what he had meant. But, it wasn't really Grey's fault. Not this time, anyways. Crow slouched into his chair a little bit, but was quickly whisked into an upright position as Scarlet appeared through a far door.

"Destyn. Dalia. I am pleased to have your company tonight." Crow looked at Dalia, a little confused. She seemed much calmer than earlier in the day.

"Good evening Mistress." Dalia spoke with a smooth tongue. It almost seemed to hide her thick accent as she had said it with such purpose.

"Evening." Crow added to the greetings. Dorian respectfully bowed.

"Please excuse me. I do believe that is my queue to depart." Scarlet nodded respectfully.

"Thank you Dorian." She smoothed her elegant dress as she sat down across from them. "I'm sure you both are starving out of being out all day." She smiled. With a snap several maids came and began to dish their food. Without so much as a word Crow's plate had been filled and placed in front of him. Dalia's as well. It was as if they had been pre-told as to their desired food. Dalia got all fruit, and Crow was given two full plates of everything.

"I'm not used to having to watch my plate fill by itself." He chuckled. Dalia smiled gleefully.

"You are right!" She agreed. Scarlet smiled.

"I am pleased to be your host while you are here. You are welcome in my home, and to take as you please." She folded her hands. A maid placed a small plate in front of Scarlet with only one portion of an interesting dish. Scarlet nodded and brought her hand up, gingerly placing it on the maids shoulder.

"Thank you Linia." The maid smiled and bowed.

"Any time Mistress." Crow watched Scarlet's actions with great care. She was very gentle when she wanted to be. And it seemed like she knew absolutely everyone that worked under her by name. She was really an amazing person. Even if Grey could only hate her. As he thought about Grey he looked around, as if waiting to see them. He desperately wanted to eat, but he didn't want to start without Rhye and Grey.

Scarlet seemed to interpret his looking around. "It is fine. You may eat. Rhye and Grey are on their way." She took a small bite of her food.

"It is actually quite nice that I have a moment with you Destyn. I actually wanted to talk to you. And Dalia of course." Crow nodded intently.

"I was looking to have a conversation with you also..." He spoke, slightly intimidated.

"If I may, I will begin." Scarlet met with Crow's eyes. Her vivid pink eyes were hypnotically beautiful, and Crow felt his face flushed as she inspected his inner thoughts. His silence prodded her on.

"It concerns me greatly... That you come to me, Destyn. Your people..." She looked off distantly.

"I knew them well, to say the least."

"You know where I am from?" Crow asked.

"Yes. It is I who made your people's home. Deep in the forests of Demise Forest. But I had left your people alone for a very long time. I did no expect to see a Hevanarchon on my doorstep. Let alone to find he knows nothing of his prior being."

Crow looked down at the table silently. "Do you know... who I am?" Crow asked, without looking up at her.

"In some ways." She admitted honestly. "But not in enough ways to be helpful to you. The reality is, you will have to find those memories without my help." She spoke grimly.

"I understand." He spoke solemnly. He could feel the weight of the bottle in his pocket. He ached to use it now, if Scarlet was unable to help him.

"However. There is hope. And I do not think you need to face this alone." She looked to Dalia.

"Miss Dalia. I have never met you before, but you seem to know Destyn Kross quite a bit better than I." She smiled, her red hair bobbed as she tilted her head. "I am sure if you stick by him, you will help with this enormous task immensely. But it is a large responsibility."

"I can do it!" Dalia chanted. "I want Crow to remember!" She smiled widely. "And even if that takes our whole lives, I will help!" She piped.

"Aw, Dalia..." Crow brought a hand up. "I could never ask you to do that." He shied away a bit.

"No, I want to! I came looking for Crow. And if Crow doesn't know he is Crow, I will help him find Crow!"

"Crow." Scarlet mimicked, as she brought a finger up to her lips. "How suiting. A new name, for a new beginning." She smiled. Crow smiled at Scarlet's comment.

"I may not know who I am..." He placed his hand on the bottle. "But I am willing to start over, if that's what it takes." He grasped Dalia's shoulder lightly. "So long as I don't have to be alone." He met his eyes with Dalia. She returned a smile.

"I am glad to hear this." Scarlet turned her head to hear a ruckus outside the doors. It sounded like Rhye and Grey were encroaching upon the room. "For you will be far from alone." Scarlet was sure Rhye had already talked to Crow about such matters. But Rhye was in for more than she knew, once Scarlet had words with her. Taking Crow and Dalia along was going to mean much more than just a standard Guardian's duty.

"And Crow," Scarlet added. "Before you depart my Temple, when ever that time comes. I will have a departing gift. It isn't much, but it may aid you in your memory. The only true thing I have to give." The noise coming from the other side of the door grew louder.

"Oh?" Crow questioned, now looking at the door, with his long ears twitching. "Okay." He agreed, now with strong curiousity.

Who's is Crow?"

Dalia pointed to Destyn as he ran in spot, anxious all of the sudden, why was she not surprised in the least. The very mention of food seemed to always gather his attention, Rhye could only smirk to it all.

"That's Crow." Dorian scratched his head confused.

"Alrighty then."
He accepted that, but didn't quite understand the pretense to the name.

"Foood." Crow insisted.

Putting a light hand to her cheek, her head shook with how he wanted to get moving, "I cannot understand how you can be so hungry after so little time. You'd never survive out in the wild's with that sort of metabolism."

Pressing the group forward, they entered the belly of the Temple, their pace in tune with Crow's, who led the group. Not that he really knew where he was going; but Dorian was quick to correct his course if he was straying from their destination. It wasn't much longer until Crow could just follow his nose as they weaved through the hallways.

"These statues are all weird," He murmured lightly.

"They all look like important people." Dalia agreed. Feeling eyes peer back at her, she could only agree with Dorian.

"Many of them are warriors who fought in the Nojae War."
He pointed to a couple of them. "Many of these men were generals. Rhye should know most of them from her studies as a Novice. I'm sure she can tell you about them some time." His armor creaked as he walked in stride with Crow. Dorian looked over his shoulder. "Rhye," He raised a brow to her. "Would you like to retrieve the... Rather, Grey, from his quarters. Or do you want to send a servant?" He folded his arms with a slight tilt to his head. "I doubt he would come unless you ask. I can take these two to the dining hall, where we will meet you."

Pausing in mid step, she hardly even thought about retrieving Grey herself not to say she wasn't against the idea it was just, unusual. It was rarely her who had to go looking for him, rather it was the other way around. Grey was generally always coming to find her, what a strange turn of events. "You're easily right about that," she agreed turning on her heels to face away from the winding turns that would eventually lead to the dining hall, "Plus I doubt any of the maids would want to go looking for him, there all still scared of him."

Dorian snorted hard, "I couldn't imagine why." having to get the last word in, Rhye heft a heavy sigh from her bosom. How could the same creatures be so damn stubborn and similar, it drove her a bit crazy.

"Go on ahead, we'll be there promptly." Rhye spoke more to that of Crow and Dalia knowing that being a bit entrusted to a strange hand may be a bit worrisome. But she did have ease her own mind more so with confronting Grey and in turn convincing him to come and sit down in the same room with Scarlet. Even if that was an entirely terrible idea. If someone wanted to see a battle between cats and dogs, Grey and Scarlet were certainly the closest you'd ever come.

Watching them disappear from across her shoulder, she wasted little time to go running through the temple hallways receiving more than her fair share of irate comments about her behaviour from once upon a lifetime fellow novices and workers alike. She had no time to dawdle around, even if that meant running through the halls like a mad man it was worth it in the end. Or so she thought.

Slowing her pace to a jog and then a canter as she came closer to the assigned rooms they had been given upon arrival, the curious gaze lifted to look at the open door that was Grey's. If he had returned wouldn't he have kept the door shut, it wasn't uncommon knowledge to know he was a creature of privacy. This struck her as odd though she did make certain it wasn't a fluke moment where he just left it open and peeked in. The balcony doors were shut tight keeping the clean fresh smell of new linens in the confines of the room, a bronze dish filled to the brim of rose water sat untouched on the small table as she could only raise a brow to the pristine shape of the bed; Grey had not come here in the least. She had seen the disarray he kept the room back at Vena when he had been allowed in. Sheets and covers alike were thrown halfway across the room in a heap and the bed actually was twisted in a way that it didn't have a piece of wood touching the walls. She had no understanding as to why he had done such a thing, but he had.

"Lady Hunter," she jumped at hearing her title called, pressing a hand to her chest while her feet whirled around to stare at a young archon woman wringing her hands nervously; "I didn't mean to startle you," she apologized quickly.

Waving it aside to work her fingers into the curve of her crown, Rhye tilted her chin with question. "Something I can help you with?"

Biting down on her bottom lip with a discernible disgust; the woman sighed softly before returning her amber gaze to the guardian before her. "Are you looking for Lord Walker?" well to say that wasn't obvious would have been silly, she had been standing inside the room looking back and forth for a sign of existence. Bowing her head in silent agreement, the woman's hands lifted to point back out of the door. "I seen him earlier walking down the halls towards the other rooms, seeming rather quiet than usual."

Rhye perked a brow to the statement. He was generally quiet when he was alone, was the woman expecting the man to be speaking in demonic tongues to himself? Keeping her tongue still with such a clear notion, Rhye nodded with a slight word of gratitude. Perhaps Grey was already walking back towards the dining hall, his room had been nearly at the end of the guest accommodations; the furthest from the only entrance arch. She had nothing better to do than walk back that way and hope to find him dragging his feet to go towards the grouping.

Though it appeared her search was still in vain; the halls were only busy with people who had worked for the temple or novices that had been let out of their studies due to the night being upon them. He must have already been at the dining hall; she decided.

Scratching her head to the idea, Rhye found her own feet leading towards the room she had as a novice and was now currently occupying. Perhaps a force of habit, her eyes lifted upwards to study the simple oak grain of the large door. Suppose there really was no harm in at least splashing some water to her face from her own basin that would be inside, maybe with a hope to wake her mind up before dealing with Scarlet and Vaughn's findings. She would have to be alert just in case.

Pushing with the flat of her palm to the door, the silence hinges gave way to her effort permitting her access into the room. Eyes traced against the plush red carpet of the room, moving with a familiar phase to take in the comforting aura of the room but she found herself stalling a step when the doors clacked together stating they had closed. "Grey?"

Resting his chin in the groove of his palm, he was slouched in the chair of the room looking outside the large window that have a perfect view of the private gardens of the temple. The lanterns would have been at least getting started to being lit making it look more enchanted than it really was; his ears moved slightly to at least let her know he had heard her. Her attention moved to her left and right before back to him, "I thought... what are you doing in here? Do you know how much trouble you'd be getting in if someone found out!" she shouted in a whisper suddenly conscious that someone was listening to her.

The slow drag of his iris turned to rest in the corner of his eyes carefully looking her over before his brow perked in a way that was stating, 'should he care what others think?'

Clutching her hands into her chest, she cursed to herself. "For the loving greater good of Demot, what are you doing in here! First you worry me half to death when you weren't outside after Vaughn and now I come in here on a whim to find you here and now we could be in some serious trouble if someone found out what is-"

His lips began to smirk at her fretting; "For slaggin' sakes Rhye, you are worrying over nothing. I am not that stupid to let someone catch me. And what the hell is the problem with someone catching us anyways?" he straightened out in the chair letting his hand drop away from his face. "I warned you that night that it's not going to be easy."

"Shut up, I know that! But we have enough on our plates as it is, we-" she motioned her hands between herself and him; "Don't need any more at this time." Rolling his eyes to her, Grey turned away briefly to grimace over something before forcefully pushing himself up and out of the chair, his stature moving to loom over her. "What was that?"

He paused about to step around her, "What?" he repeated which only caused her to narrow her gaze at him. "Nothing, don't worry about it."

"Grey don't start pulling that on me now," Turning her heels to follow him as he fully stepped around her towards the door, making the motion that they were ready to leave the room. "Excuse me, I am waiting for an explanation."

Wrinkling his nose at her, Grey shook his head just as quick with a tsk of his tongue. "Aurail's balls," he cursed, "I am not exactly up to par at the moment, after Vaughn sucked my blood out;" his hands came up in a dramatic pinch to the bridge of his nose; "I've been ill alright." Blinking rapidly at such a statement, his gaze was peering at her again though he pointed a stern finger at her. "I don't even want to hear it now can we get out of here before the witch sends her dogs after us?"

Her hands lifted while her smirk began to spread over her lips, Grey opened the door allowing her to exit first. "And you said demoil's never get sick."

"Shuddup." Clearly touchy about the every thought, Rhye couldn't really help but snigger at their mere idea. Though that was quickly shot aside feeling the swift grasp to her chin causing her sights to peer up at him glaring down at her. "Not funny, and you won't tell a soul." he was trying to be angry about it but with her starting to chuckle again, Grey just cursed and laughed all at once, "You are a damn curse, babe."

That alone caused her to turn rigid which was his plot for mild revenge, "No one knows, be quiet about that."

Glancing off to the side Grey scouted the area, shrugged and stole a fleeting kiss before walking in front of her. "Come on guardian, we don't have all day."

"You are incorrigible." He shrugged walking briefly backwards.

"You knew that before and yet, look where we are."

~~~
Catching up to him in the hallway, they made their trek quick towards that of the dining hall though Grey seemed less than pleased to be near it. She wasn't sure if it was because of Scarlet or the fact that he was actually a little green due to the smell of food, it could have been both for all she knew.

Patting a slight hand to his arm, he hummed mildly before grunting at the sight of the silver armor standing in front of the doorway. "Seriously."

Rhye shrugged to the sight of Dorian standing guard, "It's customary with things this large, he has to keep an eye out for bodies that might be too curious." Her words rang true but it did little to ease the rising tension that was creeping from both demoils as they came closer to one another.

Lifting his gaze up to Grey, Dorian rolled his eyes. "And here I thought we were blessed with you running off mongrel."

Grey narrowed his gaze with a sneer, "Don't hold your breath tin can, I am not easy to get rid of." Rhye slapped a hand to her forehead.

"We don't have time for this," she muttered to the pair of them. "Would you two mind getting a hold of yourselves?"

Huffing a laugh Grey lifted his chin upwards pulling his arms to cross over his chest striking an smug pose. "No need to even squabble with the pup anyways, he already had his ass handed to him on a silver platter once this week. I'll leave him with a bit of his ego, at least help him sleep at night."

Growling at the reminder, Dorian wrinkled his nose. "You only got lucky, using a devil demoil's bloodlust is hardly a fair fight. But you're kind don't know nothing about being fair, so go ahead and think that you beat me Grey, cause from where I stand, you've got nothing to gloat over."

Blue eyes flared as she jumped to grab the arm that shot out, grabbing the breastplate of Dorian's to shove him into the wall of the dining room. "You got a death wish Dorian? Cause I'll be happy to fill it for you, I'll start by ripping your asshole out of your ear!"

"Grey knock it off!" Rhye bounced with her tippy toes on the ground and her arms wrapped around his single one trying to get this stupidity of demoil's territory to end.

Biting on his lip, Grey dropped Dorian hard to the ground folding his hands around to brush the nonexistent dirt from his red shirt. "Pathetic. Twice now Rhye has saved your ass, you ought to be grateful for that, half pint." Turning towards her as she dropped from his arm, Grey chuckled to her seeming rather fond of what he had done only to endure the death glare from her. "What?" his smirk disappeared, "Oh come on Rhye, he sta-"

Slicing her hand through the air, she gripped upon the handles of the door to ream them open. Rolling his eyes to it all, Grey turned a momentarily look down to Dorian picking himself off the ground taking a personal memory of the other demoil being only reminded that he was nearly dog food not once but twice by his own hands.

"Greetings to the pair of you," Scarlet drew an annoyed eye to the pair of them, knowing full well what had transpired out there. "Have a seat would you Rhye and Grey?" It seemed to be a request but both of them knew that it wasn't rather, she was telling them both to sit down and shut up really. Cupping out her hand in a gesture to the pair of remaining chairs that were adjacent from Crow and Dalia; Scarlet's gaze never faltered to leave either of their hides.

Wrapping her fingers around the polished red stained wood to drag it across the carpet itself, Rhye watched as she sat down Scarlet's eyes raise to look at Grey. Silence mingled well for a moment each having a battle of wits with nothing more than direct eye contact before Scarlet sighed drumming her fingers to the table. "I'd be pleased if you would sit as well Grey," she wasn't remotely as pleased as she stated but she was the host and a host was to be gracious.

Rubbing her temple cautiously Rhye tossed a weary look to that of the other two, taking into consideration their meals as she couldn't really fathom the idea of eating herself. Not with the nervous butterflies swarming madly around in her gut.

Turning the chair that remained for him sideways, Grey plopped down well enough though she would have been a fool not to catch the disgusted glance that he cast over the food splayed out before them all. It wouldn't be long before he was up and moving around trying to keep himself in composure, that much she was sure of. "Thank you," Scarlet smiled sourly; her hands lifted to clasp on the table about to start the first part of the private council with them all. Now it really was nothing more than a waiting game until Vaughn and Keressa showed up. Stepping up to the vigil, the maid came to serve from her right hand side putting a plate in front of her as she promptly declined the very offer. Raising a brow Scarlet was prodding at her to her actions as all she could do was shake her head and look downwards as if she had just committed a true heinous crime.

"Well," Scarlet hummed to herself taking a slow consideration of the four of them before her midst, "While we wait for the eventual arrival of the alchemist this would be no better time than to discuss other matters at hand." Rhye cringed on the inside, she had hoped that Scarlet wouldn't even start to bring up this now but rather waited until everything with Grey was sorted out. But then again, that would be procrastinating and that was something Scarlet never sat well with.

Lifting his brow Grey smirked, that alone should have warned her enough. "Don't you mean what you want to do with me Scarlet, there is no need to go beating around the bush now."

Squinting at him, she managed to maintain herself well enough before smiling somewhat sweetly. "Yes a lot may have to be centered around yourself Grey but there are still other matters to attend to that involve Rhye, Crow and Dalia." Grey raised his brow somewhat mocking his false amusement to it all, crossed his arms over his chest and let his gaze shut as if it was nap time. "Everything will be depending on the outcome of Grey's blood analysis but I'd like to address some matters now. Namely what is the next course of action."

Rhye sat up in her chair a little confused about what Scarlet was trying to get at, "I thought we had already discussed this, Scarlet."

Her hand open to rock back and forth; "In a sense but it hadn't been set in stone as of yet. With all the chaos that has been overtaking this land, it has been with great difficultly and a heavier mind that I fear that I have not been as vigilant as I should be." She kicked Grey under the table when he started to chuckle not even bothering to deny Scarlet's words. Rubbing his shin, Grey's evident amusement hadn't disappeared from his face. "What I am trying to say;" Scarlet looked as if she had just eaten something horribly bitter with the strain pressing to her brow and her lips glaring more and more at Grey as each minute passed, "I would like to collect samples from various infected creatures, plants and hopefully as we spoke briefly before Rhye; capture the beast that had infected Grey." clasping her hands together again, she pointed to that of her. "That requires you Rhye. Being the fact that you have encountered such a creature already, you have learnt more than more than any of my elite guards have. It would be folly to send out bodies that didn't have a mild understanding of what they are up against." her gaze shifted to look at Crow and Dalia, "I'd actually like for the pair of you to go along with Rhye, while it may seem like pure madness to send civilians out with the guardian; Crow there is some connection to you and this creature. Mainly from what I can understand is the remains of your village, in turn it could also help you unlock your memories." her hands circled loosely together, "The three of you would work together to help one another in various ways. Rhye is more than capable of handling her fair share of creatures of the dark otherwise she wouldn't be a guardian, but that does not mean she won't require backup." her gaze slowly turned to peer darkly at Grey, "You may not be classified as a mercenary but upon your arrival in Echofalls, you have signed a contract with Casbael giving you the status as enlisted bodyguard to Rhye, her current Gilt edge if you wish. While it pains me to think that I would lay her life in your hands, I have to take into consideration that you both have already fought and remedied the plague that begun in Vena."

Grey was looking at her lazily though he was paying attention; "Don't give me too much credit Scarlet, you might hurt yourself." Gritting her teeth to his remark, Scarlet laughed lightly swallowing her pride momentarily. "But you must be out of your slaggin mind thinking that it is going to be a simple snare and capture mission to get that doppledeath." Rhye shot a quick look between him, Scarlet and then to Crow and Dalia. Pushing himself up in his seat to sit on the edge, Grey shook his head. "You have no idea what that thing is firstly, as you stated; we are the only ones who have a mild understanding of what it is."

His gaze pierced back to look at the three of them, "Crow and Rhye can both vouch that thing is nowhere psychical, at least not in the body sense. With how you are talking about this just being nothing more than throw a rope around the beasts neck and drag it back with us, it's not." he tapped his chest, "Hell I may have nearly been rent open but the stupid bastard, that doesn't mean it's capable of being tied down." his hands opened wide, "Its a bloody shadow Scarlet! You can't catch shadows, you can certainly chase them away with light but that's all you can do." Pushing himself up from his chair, Rhye damn near jumped out of her chair hearing him slam his hands to the table glaring murderously at Scarlet across the table, "If you have an ounce of intelligence Scarlet, you'd know that yet you are willing to not only throw Rhye's life back into peril but add in Crow and Dalia. And not just in the way that they could be killed," again he stabbed a thumb to his chest his fangs baring at the Mother of Casbael; "But you risk them becoming infected. I don't really want to even think what sort of beast of hell that Rhye could become since she is a guardian and not only does she had a link to Lord Falcon but her own blood spirit, rather than thinking of some sort of plan to destroy the creature you want to capture it! You risk lives fearlessly because there just pawns to you, and you sit here on your ass in the throne made from blood and bone of others casting out orders like you were breathing."

Lifting a hand patting down to his own that returned to the table, Rhye shook her head when he looked to her. She knew he had valid points but she also understood the risks of it all. Considering her carefully, he cursed and turned away to pace back and forth. "He has more than a few points Scarlet." Rhye spoke gently enough, lifting her gaze to the calm disposition that was Scarlet. "You know I have sworn my fidelity to Casbael the moment I was a novice but you should also understand that I won't risk other lives either." she pushed herself up and out of her chair now, feeling the looks of Scarlet and Grey upon her, as her own gaze turned to look down at Crow and Dalia. "I will heed to your words without hesitation but I will deny the three of them coming with. This is Casbael's mission and it will be Casbael that will rectify it."

Smiling softly almost sadly; Scarlet dared to tip her head forward. "Oh like hell you're pulling that Rhye," Grey piped up quickly, "What the hell is in the water here, or is it part of the ritual of Casbael to be out of your minds! What makes you think I'd even let you waltz back into Demise forest, let alone out of this temple without at least myself! I was making the point of how stupid this plan is and yet you want to go throwing yourself out to it anyways, I swear the next time I see Carmon I'll have to ask if you were dropped on your head as a kid." Rubbing her hand across her face, she was smirking at him somewhat. Trying desperately to be the hero in a sense, he was still as reckless as she was. Sidling up his step to her, Rhye blew out her lips at him feeling the hot grasp grapple around her shoulders. "Casbael," he muttered with a firm disgust; "If you want me to be under contract, then fine by me but I make no promises that we will even attempt to capture that plague carrier. If I can kill the thing, I will." he glared down to Scarlet who seemed to be content to just watch what was playing out.

Her hand opened to gesture to Crow and Dalia; "And what of these two? Rhye you say that this is a matter for Casbael to handle, then you best be taking your shepherd along with you."

"My what!" Rhye barked out not sure she had honestly heard what she heard!

Leaning back into the comfort of her chair, Scarlet shrugged lightly not remotely bothered by the outburst. "It was my intentions to speak of this matter privately but with the show Grey put on and your loyalty sitting before me, it will have to be disclosed now." Rhye was blinking rapidly as Grey muttered asking what was going on. "Crow, you said you are willing to start over if that is what it takes as long as you don't have to be alone?" Scarlet glanced over them all; "I make you this offer only once; if you want to find a new place to belong then as the Mother of Casbael, I extend the privilege of becoming part of Vena Temple as the shepherd. You'd be working with Rhye across the ocean when the time comes and of course, since Dalia agreed to help you rediscover yourself, she is more than welcome to accompany."

"Scarlet what are you doing, he-"

"Needs guidance." She tilted her head in a matter of fact way; "Casbael has more resources in the world to help someone discover who they are, who they want to be and encourage learning. This is exactly the place that Crow and Dalia need to be. Plus," her eyes took on a glint that often had her running for cover; "It will be a good responsibility for you to take on as well Rhye. The temple is due to increase itself in the rankings and you can only do that with the help of a shepherd." Scarlet smiled slowly again causing her skin to crawl, "This way Casbael can handle the doppledeath," she used the term loosely, "And empower Crow to begin his trek to find himself."

Grey shook his head, "So you want to shackle him to Casbael, yeah that sounds like a great idea." his hands had remained on her shoulders.

"Oh Grey," Scarlet sang causing now Grey to cringe visibly, "If Crow accepts this; that means your contract will expand to protecting him and Dalia as well. And if you all can succeed in this task at hand, your prior mercenary record will be wiped clean though you will officially be employed permanently to the hand of Casbael as a gilt edge to Rhye."

He growled under his breath, shuddered with the idea and sighed heavily. "Fine." How easily he gave him managed to cause Scarlet a bit of alarm. She wasn't expecting him to give in with no fight, alert began to fill her gaze. No she was waiting for him to fight her like he always did, but for him to give in there was something seriously wrong!

"Without a fight you are willing... to commit to this..." her gaze fell to her as she could only shrug, watching the fingers of Scarlet dance between her and Grey. "What is going on here between you both, have you already made a prior deal? Rhye I would-"

The doors swung open with Dorian's weight as he seemed to sense there was an air of hostility and uncertain in the room as his gaze widened somewhat. "The alchemist has arrived Mother." he turned an eye to look over them all, "Is everything alright?"

Shaking her head, Scarlet peered darkly at them both. "We shall find out shortly one way or another."

Swallowing hard, Rhye could hear the shuffling footsteps coming up the hallway. Never in her life had she been more thankful for the perfectly timed interruption that she was right now. Pushing her body up from the chair that she had been, Scarlet tossed an investigating look over her, knowing there was something between herself and Grey that hadn't been disclosed. Having Grey agree to the terms with a single word and without the lashing of an arguement was easily the stupidest thing he could have done. Now Scarlet knew there was something going on and that meant she would find out what it was. Didn't she just talk to him about getting caught earlier and he plainly said, 'he wasn't stupid enough to let someone catch them!' Apparently he was stupid then.

Exhaling a whiny sigh, she took the chance while Scarlet stepped up with Dorian to greet the alchemist firstly allowing them all a private moment to hash out all that had been said. Leaning towards Crow, she felt the final release of Grey's hands coming off her shoulders. "Crow, you don't have to accept anything Scarlet has just offered you. Being a shepherd is a high title in the world but she does make a valid point. Casbael's resources would only help you discover anything you need but at the same time you would need all the training that a shepherd requires to attain such a role. This isn't something to just take a whim on. But it's all your choice in the end. Don't let Scarlet influence or discourage you."

"Don't you go encouraging him either, Rhye." Grey warned.

"Hey at least we are a family in Casbael." Rhye shot back suddenly annoyed to how Grey was apprehensive to the entire idea. But that was coming from his contract suddenly including two more bodies. It wasn't just pressure on Crow to make a choice but it was a weight that all of them suddenly had heaped on. Grey would be a honest gilt edge that would be not only protecting the guardian but a shepherd and a crussido girl, but he would have help from Rosila and Farsi across the ocean. She would be having to work hand in hand with Crow conveying all that Casbael was and how her temple was a great factor to the world while stepping up the tier ranks of Casbael. Then Dalia was a civilian that would live within the temple without being employed, such a thing had never been heard of... at least not in all the years she had known of Casbael or worked under it. This was a decision that should have been made over time, not within a few minutes or hours. What was Scarlet truly thinking!

Crow sat silently among the group, listening to the discussion which seemed out of his hands, and out of his scope. Dalia seemed in the exact same position. Nervously they sat their uncomfortably as the banter between Grey and Scarlet escalated. Dalia continued to much quietly on her food.

It wasn't Crow was abruptly brought into the conversation that he had to stop and really pay attention to the words at hand.

"Crow, you said you are willing to start over if that is what it takes as long as you don't have to be alone?" Scarlet glanced over them all; "I make you this offer only once; if you want to find a new place to belong then as the Mother of Casbael, I extend the privilege of becoming part of Vena Temple as the shepherd. You'd be working with Rhye across the ocean when the time comes and of course, since Dalia agreed to help you rediscover yourself, she is more than welcome to accompany."

"I humbly appreciate the offer." He spoke softly in response. "If that is how I am to be useful, than I will take this offer into great thought."

"Scarlet what are you doing, he-"

"Needs guidance." She tilted her head in a matter of fact way; "Casbael has more resources in the world to help someone discover who they are, who they want to be and encourage learning. This is exactly the place that Crow and Dalia need to be. Plus," her eyes took on a glint that often had her running for cover; "It will be a good responsibility for you to take on as well Rhye. The temple is due to increase itself in the rankings and you can only do that with the help of a shepherd." Scarlet smiled slowly again causing her skin to crawl, "This way Casbael can handle the doppledeath," she used the term loosely, "And empower Crow to begin his trek to find himself."

Grey shook his head, "So you want to shackle him to Casbael, yeah that sounds like a great idea." his hands had remained on her shoulders.

Crow could only nod warily. Not entirely sure what he had just been offered. The look of horror on Rhye and Grey's face in that moment only seemed to scream like he had been given death row. Raising an eye brow, he had little time to speak before Grey stepped in to nullify the very idea.

It seemed like that moment had flown by. Before he realized it Dorian was escorting the familiar Vaughn through the doors. But Crow could hardly pay attention. His mind was so full of questions to himself. What was he going to do? Travelling across the ocean. He had never been so far. At least, he couldn't remember being so far... But that was the problem. He couldn't remember. Was he to abandon this place he had been found, sent abroad to create something new for himself?

He knew well the offer that had been given to him was an extremely rare occurrence. Not something that was handed out to just any random person. This could only make Crow question what Scarlet was thinking. It's not like he had any Casbael experience. But she seemed to know something he didn't. About himself. She had made this decision based on who he was. Not what he currently appeared to be. This frustrated him. He wanted to know so bad he practically wanted to jump over at her and shake her until she told him. Closing his eyes and taking a breath, he could understand Grey's frustration in a sense. But there was no way he was in a yelling mood.

Without much thought he could feel his hand slipping into his pocket to feel the vial he had been mulling over all night. He had to know. He knew now. If he was going to make that big of a commitment, he would have to know as much as he possibly could about who he was. If he was leaving anything behind. His mind had been made up. Shakily he jerked lightly when a warm hand was placed upon his shoulder. Looking over through his triangle framed glasses, Dalia was smiling back at him.

Her look was of assurance, her eyes spoke to him, as if to say, he didn't have to make the choice alone. Crow nodded with her and placed his hand over hers. Crow's ears flicked as he looked over to Scarlet. Rhye, Grey, Vaughn and Scarlet seemed to be done with their initial introductions. As if they had only just met for the first time. Vaughn seemed to be collected though. He showed no signs of worry or fret. Crow only hoped that was a sign in the favour of Grey.

Vaughn looked the way of Crow, and with a respectful nod, he smiled lightly. Crow nodded in return. He could only wonder Vaughn's results were, he prayed that Grey would be more than alright and this would all blow over.

The silence of the room had only served to remind him of it all, with everything that was already waiting on the surface; this suddenly drop of the ball was hardly the time. His mind had been split between what he needed to focus on firstly, and he was finding it difficult to choose which problem was now the highest priority.

Why did it seem that Scarlet hadn't thought through her decision to bring Crow into the temple and not just any temple, but Vena. It dumbfounded him entirely and not just because it had just been thrown out there in the middle of a conversation. Wasn't it only recently that him and Rhye had been threaten with charges with going against the wishes of the Mother of Casbael. Having him alone in the temple was enough to bring the heavy arm of the law that was Scarlet but now it seemed that it all had been forgotten.

She had firmly told the pair of them that he had no prior training in the ways of the empire and yet here Scarlet was, offering the keys as it were to Crow without a single worry to what he had to learn. He knew a lot more about Casbael than Crow and yet, here they were.

Turning his gaze to linger on Rhye, he could only frown further with the clear indication that she was over thinking the very thing. There was no way Scarlet was honestly serious about letting Crow take up the reigns of such an important position especially since Rhye had only been a guardian herself for barely a year. He may not have known the procedures of the temples but he was pretty firm in his thoughts that a shepherd wasn't usually placed into a temple until after a guardian had been there longer than ten years. There was something more behind all of this but what?

Exhaling he dared to make a muttering that was a string of words but found that coming a bit late.

The doors to the dining room jerked open with a violent swing, Scarlet once holding the strong composure over the room came rushing in clearly flustered with what she had just been introduced too. Casually behind her, Vaughn took it upon himself to close the doors again seeming entirely content and in control.

Rhye hummed a little, groaned and slunk right around his side to use him as a shield as if that was about to solve everything. "Well." Scarlet interrupted the silence to motion towards Vaughn, a strained smile spread over her features as he lifted a hand to cover his own face. He wanted to say something about all this but it with everything containing to go south, he knew it wasn't the best time. "The alchemist has arrived much to our blessings." Grey struggled not to outright laugh at the flustered nature of Scarlet, which had been quickly taken note as he received the harsh glare from the mother of Casbael. Rhye looked up to him as Vaughn nodded to each of them as if it had been their first meeting. It only made him question what sort of chaos had happened between the mother and son standing before them.

Looking to study the craftsmanship of the dining hall and the food for display; Vaughn hummed to himself. "Is Sparlas not joining us this evening?"

Scarlet shook her head, "He is needed elsewhere, Casbael is a busy place and it cannot afford interruptions of both head parties Lord Vaughn. Surely you know this." Rhye sucked in a breath as the venom dripping from Scarlet's words began to eat away at the placid disposition in Vaughn but both remained sturdy for the time being. "Could we please just have Grey looked over and figure out what we are dealing with."

Vaughn chuckled as he produced the vial of blood that had been drawn earlier, giving it a firm shake. "Already done." Scarlet's face dropped, silence over took the room again as he felt in his side a hand tuck to his clothing pulling tight as her head dropped to rest against the small of his back. Exchanging a look with Crow and Dalia, Grey sighed again. There was only one entrance and exit to this room, escape would be impossible for them all. Curious blue eyes lifted to address him ignoring the disbelief that had been pressed to Scarlet's face. "How are you fairing now Grey?" Vaughn tapped the inside of his own arm making a motion serve as a reminder to what had transpired. Clenching his own first, Grey narrowed an eye towards the archon male. Biting on his own tongue, Vaughn awed before his feet began to shuffle over the carpet again. "Well I must say this day has been eventful, and it will not be ceasing quite yet."

"When did you get a sample!" Scarlet blurted out, her hands slapping to the table before, the light groan could be heard causing Scarlet to look directly at him or rather through him. "Rhyden!"

"Don't go losing your bloody mind Scarlet, it wasn't her-" Grey began to hiss through his teeth at the woman finding it a loss for words, when Vaughn chuckled lightly, his own hand patting on top of Scarlet's.

"I had sent my assistance earlier for them," he smiled so easily that he was almost certain that Vaughn was about to be slapped by Scarlet. It seemed like no big deal to the alchemist which it wasn't but to Scarlet, this had meant Rhye had gone over her head again. "I didn't want to impose on the temple and plus, this place doesn't have what I require to test such a substance. Blood is not a easy source of material to pull apart without the right tools." he noted duly, his finger flicking upwards to punctuate the air.

Lost for words - a rare occurrence for her, Scarlet slumped down into her seat as he could feel the hands that had been perched to either of his sides relent. "If I may continue?" he motioned causing Scarlet just to nod numbly. "Thank you,"

Rhye peeked out to look up at him, while she said nothing it was clear in how she was chewing on her bottom lip that now she was fearing that Scarlet would be hell bent more so against the pair of them. Not only had she begun to wonder if there was something going on between them, they had gone against her wishes again. He was almost certain this time would including a lashing of whips rather than tongues when they were taken aside privately by Scarlet eventually.

"While I was studying the blood I had taken from you Grey, I must admit I hardly thought I would be looking at such a rare specimen of demoil blood."

"Your point?" Grey narrowed his gaze, arms lifted to cross over the band of his chest.

Vaughn tipped his head some making his lips pull into a momentarily fleeting frown as a hand flicked idly; "I had not known you were a Kensiha, it makes your blood even more valuable than just a mortal everyday variety." Rhye made a noise that sounded like a grunt, perhaps he should have been a bit more weary with Vaughn going about pronouncing that he was part of the royal family line of demoils, but with Crow barely remembering what he ate that morning he wasn't worried. Then again he wasn't thinking of Dalia. "Even as a half breed demoil, the sheer fact that your blood contains the same linage as the long departed Darkian, it only made the cells in your stream that much more fascinating. Even as a half demoil, you are uniquely different and don't hold the same attributes, at least from what I can surmise."

Scarlet was watching them both, eyes darting back and forth though this information was not new to her either, chalk that up to another nail in his coffin for why she had been so hell bent against him. "Are you just talking for the hell of it, I already know all this."

Clasping his hands behind his back, the archon alchemist chuckled to himself. "I suppose you would, I've heard how proud the Kensiha line is of their linage. It is a very in depth world that not many get to understand, myself included." Slipping out from his backside, Rhye seemed more curious than he liked to Vaughn's prattle causing him to clear his throat forcing her attention upwards. Ears drew back as she apologized trying to look less interested in all that was being spoken.

"But I digress,"

"Clearly," Scarlet muttered, "Did you study the sample? Has the plague done something to the blood of this," she flicked her hand towards him, "to Grey or not?"

Vaughn's smile faded making the dread seep into the room like quick sand. Pushing his frames up onto his nose, eyes shut. "I have done an extensive study on it and the results were not in a positive favour." Stifling the fear that threatened to swallow him up whole, Grey dropped his arms to his side as Rhye took a side step to stay close in case of emergency. Her hands had lifted to check her empty scabbards before she muttered under her breath fearing the worst for the moment. He wanted to say he wasn't about to lose his head again but he knew he couldn't promise that. "The reason I brought up the fact of your lineage Grey is for a specific reason, and not because I am acutely curious to know of the Darkian's heritage."

Scarlet straightened her back leaning forward hanging on every word as if it was her last, "Well, what has occurred?"

Pausing to carefully hand pick his words, Vaughn dropped his gaze to remain vigilant on the guardian herself. "Much like the plague twists and warps any mortal being with flesh, Grey has not been immune to it. It has been good fortune by Sparlas' handy work that he was capable of sealing the blood that is dwelling in a swirling madness in Grey." he indicated to the shackles causing Grey to actually swallow hard. "You recall Grey that I had given you a herbal remedy to make your ecchial blood cells become apparent under the light well," he rubbed his head this time becoming very uncertain of his words, "There were no cells that were ecchial in your blood stream."

"W-what does that mean?" Rhye voiced meekly, daring to ask what they were all wondering about.

Vaughn turned his steely gaze to her again before lifting to stare at him. "You are not a half demoil any longer," Hands became idle motioning just to keep busy, "I believe the term is called Hellion Demoil. You Grey, are a fully fledged renegade Demoil that has royal blood in him."

"Are you implying what I think you are!"

Vaughn nodded some, "All hail the new Darkian."

Status
Not open for further replies.