Flycoren: BSOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the initial shock and prompt blithering of jumbled words, it seemed the guardian managed to recollect herself. Whether the carpet felt the same was another story.

Stabbing a finger into the book, echoing steps down the hallway was the only sound that could be heard. Minus the outside world but that was hardly his focus. Rather he was more interested in watching how the guardian was behaving, not to mention carrying around this pilfered book from Scarlet's personal alcove, it was proving to be quite the interesting twist in events.

"Out of all the books in there, he manages to pick this one. I can't even fathom it and yet I'd almost chalk it up to a hand of fate." Ears were twitching constantly giving way that she was listening to see if someone was going to pop out suddenly and question their where abouts between this time and this time. "I mean honestly, the whole book is trying to simplify the understanding of manna consumption while breaking it down into its three parties."

"Kudos to the kid," Grey nodded firmly, "Granted I know enough about manna to keep myself alive and aware, but I didn't realize it had plateaus." He had become actually enthralled in reading the tome, it wasn't as common knowledge as he previously thought. Or it wasn't in his case, but he wasn't a manna user. So the idea that anything he could have or might have used was broken down into magical categories totally evaded him.

Her lips pursed tightly together pushing the book closed, tucking it beneath her arm with a heavy burdened sigh. "You'd think after last night he'd be less inclined to go rummaging through with such concepts." his brow lifted to her, "You know what I mean."

"He is part archon, they happen to be naturally inquisitive. After his near death experience, it isn't remotely surprising that he would want to learn more about it. Not to mention the very basic fact that he should be dead. We are all thinking it Rhye, I doubt he is any different." Scratching the back of his neck, she was not so convinced yet; "Especially with the ordeal someone made about him consuming it and still living. You can't chalk that up to nothing but wanting to find out the truth."

"Doesn't mean I am happy with it."

"I can see that." Slipping the book out from her reach, flipping it over to look at its cover again Grey hummed. "Though all this raises a whole new question. Well two really."

Lifting her fingers up on cue, eyes slide shut as if she was reading his own mind. "What are these hallows written on the page and how does it all connect to Crow." Nodding to her, their steps ceased slowly stopping before the large door of the room that the hevanarchon was occupying. Rhye was certainly not wasting any time with this one, especially considering they would have to return the book before Scarlet ever caught wind of it. "Add this to another thing we need to figure out," Rapping her knuckles to the door heavily, he couldn't help but chuckle offering back to the book to her.

"One of the many qualities I find enthralling about you," Rhye hummed with bewilderment causing a demonic grin to slip briefly to his lips, "Your straightforwardness." Waving him quickly off trying to stem her face from flushing, he threw a cautious look behind them just in case.

Crow did his best to keep his attention focused on Dalia as she went through all sorts of information. With his face nestled into the palm of his hand, he held a quill with his left. Writing down things that she said, it wasn't that he didn't find her interesting. In fact, her take on history was quite interesting. She seemed to know quite a lot, and was a lot smarter than even he had first thought.

But his biggest problem was that at the back of his mind, he really wanted to know about that book he had left in the hopefully capable hands of Grey. And on top of that, if Rhye found out, what she would do to him. He desperately wanted to know about manna, and what it meant for him. The only thing that even tipped him off to that book was the similar symbols it had to the ones on the vial that carried the liquid that he consumed. The one image had shown the same three symbols in the center of a silhouette of a human shape. One placed upon the head, the next in the chest and another in hand, creating an 'L'-like constellation.

The other image he was able to see depicted some sort of creature, not quite as human, it looked as though it may be consuming manna. Which Crow had evidently done already, though, he didn't believe he was a monster... of any sort. But Rhye had made it clear, that no such human, or hevanarchon alike, could consume it. Did that mean he was something of a monster? Crow looked at his hand with concentration, the quill falling to the table. Dazing into his open palm, he felt his brow twitch. He looked to be normal, and all but the strangest sensation deep within himself, he felt normal.

Picking at that feeling he tried to identify it. It wasn't like a normal feeling, hunger... drowsiness... sadness... He played through any feeling that he could think of, the closest he could get was deeper than all that. Desire, desire for what though? Did that feeling do it justice? Not quite, but it was the best he could do. He began to imagine that feeling running through him, it stirred his heart rate, it excited him. He imagined it running in the same 'L' Shape as the book. Staring at his hand, he thought he might bore a hole right through it. Instead something unexpected happened. He could feel the blood coursing through his veins. He could feel his heart pumping in-sync, to the point where his hand grew very warm, so warm that it almost felt unbearable, so warm... it was cold. The air around his hand seemed to swirl and blur, and a fine mist began to illuminate his hand. Crow's eyes widened.

"Crow?" Dalia questioned, as she finally realized he was far from listening. Her soft voice was enough to startle Crow back to reality. The mist and sensation in his hand quickly dissipated. Taking a deep breath he stood up straight and focused his attention back on Dalia.

"Hmm, yeah?" Crow asked, attempting to regain composure. He could feel sweat running down the back of his neck. What ever he had just done had just resonated through his whole entity. He had just connected more into his past life than he had in the week he had been awake.

"Are you okay, you seem flushed. Are you tired, do you want to rest?" She asked worriedly. She didn't seem to see what he did, was it all in his mind? Crow sat back in his seat a little more relaxed.

"No, no. I'm okay. It is a lot of information to take in though, I'm a little overwhelmed I think. Do you think we can just talk a bit about what ever?" Crow waved a hand, slightly exasperated.

"Oh, sure! That's fine!" She placed her pointer down on the table and plunked down beside him with a big grin. He returned a genuine smile. Looking out his room window, he decided before he tried anything else like what he just did, he better find out what that book said. If he was some sort of monster, he wouldn't want to turn into a demoil or something and wreak havoc. He already knew what that looked like, and it wasn't fun.

As Dalia sat beside him, the sound of knocking resonated through the room. Both Dalia and Crow looked at the door in unison. Dalia just looked at him with confusion. But fret only swirled around in Crow's mind. Who was behind the door... Scarlet... Rhye? Crow hope to the gods that it was only Grey, or housekeeping, or something. Pushing his chair back slowly he stood with caution. Wandering over to the door he swallowed hard. Placing his hand upon the cool door handle, with a turn he pulled the door open.
Standing in the doorway was one said Guardian, and her behemoth entourage. Crow's heart sank so much that he could feel it in the cold hard ground. On top of that, he face became extremely flush with blood. He hid his face with his long blue bangs, and attempted to shrink into nothingness.

"Rhye..." He spoke so softly, she may have not even heard him. He could see her nimble fingers tightly wrapped around the book he had taken from the alcove. Reluctantly, he stepped out of the way to allow entry to the two. He looked at Grey with an empty, soulless look. So much for trusting him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching the door opening as if it was allowing death inside, Crow did well to play the part of a child who knew he had done wrong and was waiting for the guillotine of death to come striking down across his neck.

Side stepping to motion in a grave way for them to enter, "You look like death warmed over," Rhye gave a grin to that of Dalia as it appeared some sort of teaching session had just been occurring within the room's confines. Taking the grant of passage inwards, the drained look of Crow looking up to Grey was pretty evident. If it could have been any louder, horns would have been in progression behind the hevanarchon. "He didn't tell me anything if that's what you are going to worry over." Grey nodded short and firm in agreement, all the while she wiggled the book above her shoulder. "I am more concerned about getting it back into the alcove before Scarlet ever notices it missing. But in that time, Grey has been only kind enough to divulge that you are curious about manna. A certain page if I am not wrong. What was it? Hundred and twenty three?" glimmering jewels of eyes lifted to Grey to consider him as he nodded along, putting a hand on top of Crow's head to march him back into the confines of the room.

Grey snorted a little as Rhye flipped through the pages until finding the specific one that Crow had made mention of, twisting it around to offer it back to Crow. "Tell me what you think this page is about."

Crow could only grumble at Rhye's apparent smugness of the situation. She knew she had him beat at every angle, and he was just to sit there like an obedient puppy and listen well, just to not be punished any worse. He wasn't sure what he preferred... being yelled and screamed at. Or this. With a sort of pout, he decided he would just let things be as they were. With a glower, he shrugged lightly at Rhye when she asked him the question.

"Tell me what you think this page is about."

"No clue." He spoke softly, but honestly. "It has the three symbols that match the stuff I drank. I figured if I could match those symbols, it would have some of the answers. Grey was supposed to translate it for me, so I could know, and then I was going to return it. Honest. I didn't want to keep it or anything. Everyone is being so hush hush about everything concerning my past, and manna... and all these secrets just made me decide to find my own answers."

"If no one wants to help me, then I will do it on my own." Crow sighed. He probably wouldn't ever get the information at this rate.

'I didn't want to keep it or anything. Everyone is being so hush hush about everything concerning my past, and manna... and all these secrets just made me decide to find my own answers. If no one wants to help me, then I will do it on my own." Narrowing a disproving gaze to the hevanarchon it was Grey that made a low growl to the younger lad.

"I know you didn't want to keep it Crow, otherwise you wouldn't have shown it to Grey. And concerning your past, there is only so much I or Grey can help with." Rhye waved Grey off as he was seemingly ready to pounce on the subject. She understood Crow was frustrated, she did but it wasn't as if she could suddenly give him the answers he was dying for. "But concerning the manna aspect," she pinched her fingers together, "I am trying to figure this out myself Crow. Listen, you are smart enough to know that with all the reactions from your experiment that manna is not something us mortals can consume. If you want to compare it to something, it's like drinking acid. All it does is burn and rip up our insides until we throw up and die."

Her eyes shut, "The fact you have managed to drink it and not surcome to death is alarming. Which only has made not only myself but Scarlet and Sparlas have to do further research into manna itself. This is not something that is so simple that it can be explained with mere words. It has to be taught through a lifetime. It is no different than a child learning that fire is hot and not to be played with. Manna is the same thing. I am certain you were taught in your locked memories as well."

Eyes jerked open into a full blown glare to the hevanarchon, "Finally, what in the eternal nine hells do you think we have been doing. We are all trying to help you in ways that we can, I know your impatient for your deserving answers, but labeling us as doing nothing to help you succeed is slag. And you know that." she pointed to the book, "If myself, Grey and Dalia weren't trying to help, you wouldn't even be in this temple with the resources you have in your hands. Be grateful and a little more humble, we are trying as best as we can. Casbael is limited in many aspects even after a thousand years, we cannot demand perfection even in a day, a week or years. Things take time as frustrating as it is." letting her features soften, Rhye shook her head. "Crow if you want to be a shepherd, here is your first lesson. You work with me, not alone. Even in the most complex and simplistic problems. This is a very complex problem that has only been made more difficult by you taking this book and not because of the reason of you taking it." she tapped the book in his grasp, "It's what is on that page that you say has the three symbols that made you look at it."

"You've seen the picture of the not really mortal creature devouring something, there called hollows in the book. They are beasts apparently that can consume manna, but for what purpose it doesn't say." Grey took over, shrugging lazily. "Neither Rhye or myself have heard of such a term before, but it seems to be connected to you somehow. Text states, 'with a belly stripped of its corrosive acid to react to the natural and unnatural elements of the essence of manna, one may be able to engorge and awaken new abilities merely by consumption.'" Rhye nodded circling around to wrap an arm around Crow's shoulders, squeezing him gently.

"Crow," Rhye was watching him with a concern that drove deep into her belly, "I want to give you the answers you want, but you know I can't. Not within reason of course, I am happy to help you in any ways I can, I'll tell you whether or not I know the answer but you have to stop taking things on by yourself. I've told you this already, you aren't alone in this anymore. You need to rely on us as well. Especially now," letting a smirk touch her lips, Rhye bowed her head a little, "Now tell me honestly... what did that potion do."

Crow had a hard time looking Rhye in the eyes while she was talking. Looking over to Dalia, she seemed confused by what they were talking about. But she remained silent. She had taken to the side of Grey while Rhye talked some sense into Crow. Of course Rhye was right, about it all. He had blinders on the whole time, only worrying about the answer that he wanted... He didn't take the time to realize how many people around him had taken him in and given the time to make him comfortable.

This place was much safer than the place he had awoken, that was for sure. With Rhye's arm around his shoulders, he let the warmth absorb into him freely. Letting loose a sigh, he only nodded to her and let her talk.

"Crow," Rhye was watching him with a concern that drove deep into her belly, "I want to give you the answers you want, but you know I can't. Not within reason of course, I am happy to help you in any ways I can, I'll tell you whether or not I know the answer but you have to stop taking things on by yourself. I've told you this already, you aren't alone in this anymore. You need to rely on us as well. Especially now," letting a smirk touch her lips, Rhye bowed her head a little, "Now tell me honestly... what did that potion do."

Turning to face Rhye he finally looked her into her eyes. Her bright green eyes shimmered with that of someone who was much stronger than he was. Looking down at her hand, he gently grasped it. Bringing it up with her palm facing the roof, he placed his left hand atop hers. He could feel the curiosity fill the room. Behind the thick framed glasses, his red eyes focused in at the center point of his palm once more. At first he was afraid to try again. But this time, he felt the energy flow more freely. With his hand pressing firmly against Rhye's he felt the same sensation return to his hand. The icy hot feeling he could only describe as desire. He pushed the feeling beyond the first time, unwavering. He did so until a substance separated hers and his hand. Taking in a deep breath, he slowly removed his hands from hers.

In the center of her hand, a crystal like lump of ice. He returned his gaze to Rhye's.

"I only just made the connection tonight." He spoke simply. "I was afraid... of not being accepted. Of not being your shepherd." Crow spoke shyly. "Because, if I didn't go with you. I didn't know what I was going to do. But I knew, being of such title meant you had to be more. To be strong, to be wise. I don't expect it to happen over night. But that feeling lead me to this..." He brought his hand back up to her palm. "I know I have a long journey ahead to me to fill the role. But I know I can do it." Crow bowed with reverence.

"If you are willing to put your faith in me... I will be more than happy to serve you."

The other two had moved in, Grey looming more over herself than Dalia both pairs of eyes looking upon the lump within her palm. Granted to one who was unfamiliar with the traits of mortals let alone hevanarchon might have brushed off the peculiar ice in her palm as nothing but every day occurrence. This wasn't. "I only just made the connection tonight." He spoke simply. "I was afraid... of not being accepted. Of not being your shepherd." Crow spoke shyly. "Because, if I didn't go with you. I didn't know what I was going to do. But I knew, being of such title meant you had to be more. To be strong, to be wise. I don't expect it to happen overnight. But that feeling lead me to this..." He brought his hand back up to her palm. "I know I have a long journey ahead to me to fill the role. But I know I can do it."

Dumbstruck at all he said, feeling lost and afraid because of something she wasn't so sure for his own sanity and safety that he should be taking a hold of; she chuckled lightly at his expense. "You've got a few things right on this Crow, but many more wrong. Yes being a shepherd means you have to be wise and strong and even a little bit fearless but that doesn't mean you cannot be mortal. Fear, hopelessness and feeling lost is part of it as well, this is a learning experience but it is not a condemning faith that many are offered or would take lightly. I do have faith in you but," Rhye grinned gently, "There is no serving. We work in unison, as a team right." swirling a finger between them all nodding firmly at her own resolve, hands quickly found their place upon her hips. "Yes Crow, you and I will be the ones on the front line, in the view of the world with the titles and the power but, it'll take patience and commitment from Dalia and Grey as well to make sure not only you don't fail, but myself as well."

Grey hummed a little, "Suppose that is the unofficial way of welcoming him aboard?"

"Suppose Vena temple finally has a shepherd," Rhye nodded again, executing the statement to the air, committing it to its final stage. "Now it'll be getting all the knowledge of Casbael into that mind that could be a challenge. A novice studies for two years at least before they are allowed out of this temple to go to the other ones. Shepherds take over five from what I recall, we don't have that sort of time." Green orbs shifted to Dalia, "Dalia I am going to need you to be the teacher for Crow on the basic world, geography, religion, cultures that sort of thing." eyes twisted to Grey causing the demoil king to raise a brow, "And you know exactly what I am going to ask."

A grin spread upon his lips, giving a nod to the guardian; "He might be hard to whip into a combative state, but-" Grey gave him a look over, "Suppose training with a demoil will be a great way to learn."

Of course he would take to that idea like bread and butter. Finally a thumb pointed back to her, "Guess that leaves me to teach you about Nojae and Casbael as a whole. Think you can handle all this?"

Crow nodded with integrity. "I will put in my all. I certainly can't let myself wallow in my own self pity, so this all sounds like a wonderful time waster." Crow smiled at Dalia who had sidled up beside him.

"But, before we do that... I think it's supper time." Crow grunted holding his stomach, it growled intensely. Everyone seemed to laugh at his untimely hunger, but he couldn't do anything on an empty stomach.

The air between the four seemed a lot lighter that evening. Conversation seemed to come a little easier, and a clear vision was finally in the light for Crow. He now had a goal, a reason to exist along side such a high class citizen. Before he had just felt like the orphan boy who was being babysat until his parents returned home. The only question was, what was next. Scarlet had called upon them, partially for Crow's decision about the Shepard, and beyond that, where Rhye was to be stationed now that her summons was over.

Crow could feel his heart race. His hands firmly gripped the wooden armrests of the plush chairs. His body shook with both anticipation and fright. Partially afraid of making the commitment, and knowing that he would have huge responsibilities bestowed upon him. He still wasn't sure of Scarlet's reasoning to allow such a novice study into her regime. But he was quickly realizing that there was no questioning her choices.

This next choice would be a big one though. It was the whole reason they had waited this long, and remained in theTemple. Rhye had explained to him earlier, that it was unusual for Scarlet to allow Rhye to remain for so much time. This meant it was huge. Bigger than any previous decision Rhye had to go through.

Crow swallowed hard as Scarlet sat across from the four. She had a scroll, which she seemed to have covered in scrawling beyond his understanding. She looked deep into Rhye's eyes.

"So." Her calm voice seemed to resonate within the very core of the group. "Guardian of Vena," she remarked respectfully. "I am to regard your council as highest priority this sitting." Crow raised a brow, she spoke much more proper this evening, what made this different than every night before, he wondered.

"A plan of action;" She began. "Has been formulated by myself, Sparlas, and our most loyal of council members." Scarlet seemed to scope out the reaction of Rhye's party, with her eyes narrowing in on Rhye once again.

"However, for such things to be discussed, a view of the key player is in order. What do you take to be the situation?" She raised an eyebrow with sincerity in her eyes. But at the very same time, it almost seemed to be a test.

The invitation was something of a formal affair, over the top and entirely gaudy after the fact of them all having been surviving in the confines of the temple for a few weeks now. It was all a matter of etiquette that had sent the prim and polished silver plated man to her door, extending the neatly folded and wax sealed envelope to her hands. Such a occurrence would have not been so foreign if she was back in Vena- actually it had been almost the same ritual to how she had been summoned those months ago. Just change the man's armor to a leather attire that was dappled with the insignia of Casbael's winged emblem across his chest and the hooded stare and it was the same thing.

Lurking behind the door as she had promptly shoved him out of sight, the Darkian had been listening to the exchange of official banter, snorted softly to himself and found the whole thing ridiculous to a fault. In truth, it was. But with Scarlet, with all that had recently transpired inside her prestigious rule; a little formality might have been needed. It would have extruded a message to those trainee's that had been listening to the rambling hearsay of the rogue guardian and her pet demoil that had turned the entire place upside down. Not to mention the waggling thick tongues that had caught wind of the rise of Crow to the position of Shepherd without the proper training. Those few men that had been presiding inside had been making the gripes and grumbles about what was their purpose of training if Scarlet was just going to hand over the almighty title without revised thought. She had to make them an example to prove that she wasn't losing her grip on Casbael.

So there they sat; Crow looking as if he was about to either melt into the plush velvet of the chair or suddenly burst from all that was pressing hard into his chest, Scarlet looked poised and in control. The deep hue of vibrant pink irises scanned each of them, gauging behind a silent tongue their reactions and possibly delighting in some more than others. They were merely here as a regulation when in truth this whole thing could have been taken care of behind private doors with her and Crow alone. But leaving the crussido and the Darkian out of the concept could prove disastrous. Mostly with the demoil, Dalia just happened to be caught in the cross fire.

Then it all began as her title was called over the causal name; she instinctively straightened her shoulders moving herself to sit as upright as possible. She had been in this seat before, having the mother watch and preen over all those around her waiting for the slightest little nerve to come jumping out at the most inappropriate moment. There was a time she used to fear the stare of Scarlet, now? Now it meant little other than her trying to assert a dominance that could not always rule her. "A plan of action;" She began. "Has been formulated by myself, Sparlas, and our most loyal of council members." The council, was small and nothing too impressive in retrospect but It was merely another custom. In front of those who did not know the habits of the guardians and mother, this would be merely an idea that they were getting more opinions of others that could either sway a vote in another direction. This time, that was just a farce.

"However, for such things to be discussed, a view of the key player is in order. What do you take to be the situation?"

Directing her gaze down the slope of her nose letting it part to her left, taking into consideration of Crow and Dalia, noting the tension that sat between their brows; then to her right to Grey who appeared more bored with the entire procedure than typical. Clearing her throat to bridge her fingers upon the table top, Scarlet's brow dropped. "The situation is fairly obvious as the night is black. Much like the chaos that briefly reigned through that of Vena, Echowinds is dealing with a much more grand scale of this plague, infecting more bodies than we can keep track of and while spawning new creatures that are not easy to combat. Within Vena, Grey and myself were able to combat the pair of beings who had begun the corruption but upon recent viewings...." Grey lifted his brow to her letting the disinterest he had peel away, his gaze was shifting back and forth uncertain of her angle was. "I thought perhaps all this chaos was just due to someone being extremely disgruntle to the idea of Casbael and in truth, I think that is still a partial reasoning. But upon your lack of information concerning the existence of Hevanarchon's and Crow's existence, I have come to a conclusion that this other party who has been tainting our lands knows something else that you have not disclosed, Scarlet." she would not take a formal tone right now. This had been on her thoughts for the last bit. And it only seemed to become more fervent when Scarlet had been so apt to offer Crow the occupation of Shepherd.

Curving the back of her hand under her chin, Scarlet's eyes narrowed deeply. "What would make you think such a thing?"

"I've been in this temple alone for four years, training and dedicating myself to the ways of Casbael which includes, combat training, natural manna and scripture of the old records. In all those, there has never been a disclosure of the Hevanarchons, not to mention a recent passage I found that was making mention of hollows." Scarlet's face paled before the apples of her cheeks turned a deep red bordering on a burst of anger. "Yes, I have been inside your private study and have come across said information which as I stated, was not ever told to any of us Guardians, or even as novices."

A raw smirk was perched upon Grey's lips now; Scarlet bristling at her statement yet made no attempt to say anything otherwise. She couldn't. Pushing her chair back allowing herself to perch her palms to the table's cool surface; Rhye shook her head. "In the light of recent events, with the plague and now this hidden information about Hollows not to mention Crow's importance within the temple, I dare say all three of the things are connected. But we won't know that until the one who has broken the barrier of Rollin' Hills has been brought forth." curving a hand out to Grey, the darkian shook his head. "I think that this doppledeath that has managed to not only plague Grey, but managed to use his own blood cells in the favour of making him a full breed demoil could be a new way to make theses hollows."

"So this is your conclusion?"

"Much like what you and Sparlas had spoke about earlier, we need to capture the doppledeath but that can be left in the hands of Dorian's men,"

"Are you out of your mind, that mongrel wouldn't be able to wipe his own ass if Scarlet wasn't around." Grey chimed in hot tempered, though she silenced him quickly with a swipe of a hand.

"Dorian can handle that, though I don't guarantee that they will succeed but we have other matters to deal with. The fact that Crow seems to have the abilities to consume manna without an ill effect but much rather is capable of invoking an manna ability that is not natural to his own species, him being trained as a Shepherd and finally, much like you and I had done in Vena;" she closed a fist drawing her attention to Scarlet, "We need to find this being who is corrupting the lands with a plague unheard of and possibly creating a new breed of Hollows."

Scarlet huffed kneading her fingers to her brow, "So your conviction is to go after this said being?"

"We have no other options. The longer this person is out there, the more time they have to create, rend and destroy our lands. Casbael is suppose to that grace for our populace and let's face it Scarlet, Grey and myself are your only options." she sucked in a breath nodding in soft agreement, "Crow and Dalia aren't just a new part to Vena temple, they are part of the highest tier with myself and Grey;" Scarlet dared to open her lips to the part of Rhye mentioning that Grey was a part of the temple. "The Darkian will be an ally to the temple, be it only to Vena or not; I have made a exclusive decision upon that. You're options are limited Scarlet. Either you accept it as is, or you can start calling in the other guardians and hope they can figure out the dark secrets you like to mar to our history." She made a tilt of her head to the group making it apparent they were finished here. "You're choice in the end Mother."

Sliding a step back taking a more thoughtful consideration of Rhye before exchanging his stare to the other young ones; Rhye shrugged her shoulders. "It's all in your hands here Scarlet. Either we start going for this bastard who is threatening not just Casbael but that of Flycoren, or you can send us back home."

Grinding her teeth the thick quad plumage rustling and bristling, a heavy noisy exhale came out from her lips. "Your points are valid Guardian, as much as I distaste your rebellious tone and snarky attitude we have very limited options. If you think that this is a choice of action, then we best start having those experienced tend to what is at hand." she rose from her chair looking over them; "What is the opinions of the others?" Scarlet sighed trying to temper her anger, "Grey? Dalia? Crow?"

He smirked shaking his head, "You just better hope that the populace doesn't find out what sort of secrets you have been keeping Scarlet, I'd be afraid to see what sort of revolt they would have against the great Mother of Casbael for hiding part of a history that could either make or break us now."

Another scowl upon her face but that was all Grey was going to say to the matter. That was more than enough and honestly, she wanted to be finished with this whole thing.

Crow haunched down in his chair as the friction between Scarlet and Rhye grew to an insurmountable level. It seemed to peak out nearing the end of their conversation, and Scarlet's face smoothed out her expression. Her scowl towards Grey still resonated, but she stood silently with her eyes closed for a moment.

"Very well Grey, you have made your point." She let loose a small sigh. She looked to Crow.

"Are you planning on following the Guardian of Vena in hopes to quell this source?" Crow eyed Rhye up and down for a moment without a word, still slouched down. Nodding lightly he agreed.

"I think it's for the best also. I may be the newest to all of this. But part of me feels responsible for everything that has happened, and I need to help fix it." Crow sat up as he looked up and down the table. "I feel if I am to stay with Grey and Rhye I will learn a great deal about not only my past... But my future."

"So be it." Scarlet interjected. "Rhyden Hunter. Your party is to set off tomorrow morning, gaining intelligence on who may be the culprit responsible for this plague, and to capture or eliminate the threat, at all costs. In the mean time, my men will hold of the creatures of darkness that are seeping out of the forest on a daily basis.

"You will be directly in the fray, so be cautious, and be strong. This is all I have to give you for advise. We are traversing into unknown territory, to an enemy of unknown origin. Do your best. You are dismissed." Scarlet gave a slight nod. Wrapping her smooth robe tighter, she turned on the spot. Feathers malting as she stepped away from the table and escorted herself out of the room. Lightly a single feather landed on the table in front of Crow. He picked it up and inspected it carefully.

Looking to Rhye he twirled the feather. "Is she stressed?" He asked.

The woman rose carrying about her a faulty presence that she could see was teetering on the brinks of her own righteous name, a chin rocked her head back and forth letting fingers pinch to the bridge of her nose, her ears flicking to the stern resonating sound of the door clatching shut tight behind the Mother.

"Is she stressed?"

A snort escaped past her without hesitation to his statement that only encouraged Grey to start out right laughing as if the hevanarchon told them all a joke that had a bout of laughter to greet him in return. Letting her fingers trace down her nose to her cheek and over her mouth to curl a knuckle against her lips, the guardian's brow puckered with a haughty snigger. "That's putting it lightly."

Grey lifted a finger upwards, "The first thing you learn in all this Crow is, Vena temple and all who reside in it are the biggest thorn in the side for the great mother of Casbael. Her being stressed is merely calling the night dark as pitch."

"Laying it on a bit thick don't you say?"

"Not overly, you care to disagree?" a stare off ensued between the woman of Casbael and the man of the name Darkian eventually giving way to Grey looking away first. Even in his position as new as it was, wouldn't be much to stand against Rhye it seemed. Preferably for the best. "What do you suggest our course of action is now Rhye until the all so gracious mother releases us into the wilds to be eaten alive."

A pause, a hum to follow and the woman's hands fell to the curve of her hips. "Well..." she started allowing her raptor gaze to fall to the crown of blue, "We are going into the fray of the chaos which means we all need to be aware that this is not going to be a cake walk," Grey hummed as if he knew what she was getting at, his knuckles alternative between one palm to the other letting the audible noisy cracks of bones echo through the room, her index finger came up to waggle short and proud, a cattish grin touching her lips. "A shepherd must know how to fight."

"Is that a request?"

"No," Rhye dropped her hand to tussle Crow's hair violently, "That's an order Grey."

Crow couldn't help but look upon Rhye's face curiously.

"Fight... Grey?" Crow questioned aloud. "I'm, not sure how that's supposed to train me. I'll be dead after five minutes of a bout with him. He'd simply have to sit on me, he's twice my height almost." Crow scrunched up his nose. "Please don't sit on me." He insisted.

Perhaps she shouldn't be giggling at such a statement thought that proved difficult just listening to the immaturity that rang clear in the hevanarhon's voice. What was a snigger at first became a strained struggle of a snort and a swift hand to cover her mouth watching Grey's face drop, rise and narrow all within a matter of seconds.

"Being sat on is going to be the least of your problems at this rate."

Closing her eyes, opening her hand to signal she need the briefest of moments to gather her composure - as fleeting as it was- hands smoothed down along her hips. "He has restraints, Crow." she interjected somehow between the whiny sort of puppy doggish look of the blue haired male and the hungry glare of the bronze crowned demoil. "You need to learn wits on your feet, and skill with your hands. Grey is the best at both though you keep giving him ideas, you may not live to see tomorrow."

The Darkian snorted, "Hope you enjoyed your last meal, cause I'm starting to get curious to see if you can eat through a straw for a three months."

"Rhye, does that sound like restraint to you?" He jabbed a finger in Grey's direction. He heard Dalia giggling in the background behind him. "I'll go along with it, just because I know I have a lot to learn. But you aren't going to have a Shepherd for more than a day now. I'm not a 'Rent-a-Shepherd'. I can't be returned once broken." Crow winced lightly.

"And what kind of fighting? Fisticuffs? Bear wrestling? Swords? Pillows? I like my odds with pillows." Crow pressed his hands firmly against the table and leaned forward enthusiastically.
"Pillows would be fun!" Dalia piped up from behind.

"And what kind of fighting? Fisticuffs? Bear wrestling? Swords? Pillows? I like my odds with pillows."

His brow popped in a way she knew was amusement but not in the way that anyone in their right mind would find of the same caliber of hilarity. No, that was a very dangerous look. Grey scrolled his sights languidly to that of Crow heated wild nattering of the mouth, "You want to use pillows. Do you think you'd be safe even still?"

Rhye stretched her finger to the corner of her eye giggling nonetheless but knowing how truly deadly this game could be even with what someone may call harmless pillows.

"Pillows would only be used to smother you, if you are lucky and Grey is feeling generous." Rhye chimed in as Grey pointed a matter of factly to her and clicked his teeth in agreement. "No weapons of any sorts, that means your demonic claws too."

"They aren't weapons, there nothing more than an extension of my being." Grey flicked a hand at her.

Her response was pointing to Crow, "Just like his new magic is, so unless you want to have him lodging ice cubes at you - not saying that won't happen since he doesn't know how to control it from where I stand- the two of you are going to be hand to hand. And Grey,"

"What?" his brows knitted together knowing what was coming but knew she was going to say it anyways.

"Limit your reach. He isn't me nor your father. Crow is well... uhh-" Careful eyes plodded over the younger shorter - both not by much- half ecchial in front of her nose and shrugged. "Well weak. No offense. So that means you have to take more of a mentor's method of training, and less your usual tactics of going berserker and hammering your logic in with your hands."

Grey rolled his eyes with firm exaggeration, "Thanks so much for implying I am an imbecile that merely knows how to throw things around. Thanks, really."

"I just call it as I see it." a smirk in response and the Demoil King reached around to grab the table away from Crow's hands sliding it along the crafted polished floor.

"Come on wee infant."

Crow eyed Grey wearily as they changed their setting from the innards of the Temple to the outer reaches, into the forested zone where there were no spectators. Crow liked that part. Though, having Dalia standing by was bad enough. She seemed excited, and seemed to be rooting for him, as he stood only paces away from Grey, who he could tell had a great amount of experience fighting. His calm demeanor shook the foundations of Crow's confidence.

The sounds of birds around him seemed so peaceful, as if he weren't about to die. Positioning himself in what he presumed to be a strong stance, he prepared himself. His boots sliding in the gravel and dirt. Bringing his arms up defensively, his blue hair fell over his face.

"Okay," He began shakily. "I'm not sure how you want to start this. Should I find a wine bottle and shatter it over your head first? Or do you prefer the more stereotypical 'funny look' to set you off?"

"I'm not sure how you want to start this. Should I find a wine bottle and shatter it over your head first? Or do you prefer the more stereotypical'funny look'to set you off?"

God his eyes were going to get lodged in the back of his skull at this rate. And Rhye wanted him to train... this. This for what! He was a lot quicker in the run of the mouth than he seemed to be able to focus.

Glancing over his stance with evident displeasure, arms came down from across the brawn of his chest allowing his advance. Without much of a word as his hand came out to clamp on Crow's head and pushed it down some before he forced the boy to put his feet further apart. "It'd help if you'd have a stance that the wind alone would knock you down with, igit." Grey took the specific moment to rap his knuckles hard to the top of his skull. "And knock off all the smart ass comments. You might learn something when you keep your buzzing lips at bay long enough to hear what I am saying! Unless you'd prefer someone seal them shut. But then you'd have to think of a new way how to eat." Another firm knock on the center of his head and Grey let out a noisy sigh at the boy. "Now shuddup and listen. All I am suppose to do is make sure you can defend yourself, but you sure as the eternal hells can't do that when you aren't even able to walk in a straight line let alone fight. That means basics Crow. So exercise and methodical stances with small skirmishes that will strengthen each part of your body, and mind. You think you can handle this or do you still want a pillow?"

Crow, slightly surprised by Grey, nodded lightly. "Only if the pillow isn't going to call me names..." He murmured under his breath. Looking forward, he allowed Grey to fix his stance.

"...Okay, so if I'm going to exercise, what first? What kind of defense techniques are basic?" Crow peered up to Grey with his Red eyes, behind black frames glasses.

"It's not just as easy as saying here, let's pick a style you are going to hone and master." he sliced a hand into his open palm, "As much as many of the military heads like to train their soldiers for one purpose and one plan of attack, when it comes down to the individual being, everyone has strengths and weaknesses. This plays into the combat style you can learn. Not everyone is made to hold a lancet or a sword, just as much as not everyone can wield manna."

Blue irises popped sidelong to take a considering look as Rhye was meandering onto the field speaking lowly to that of Dalia, "Prime example is Rhye and myself. We each vary in a style of combat. As the lovely guardian delicately put it, I am more of a up close and personal being. Mercenary, demoil. Very hands on and certainly a lot stronger than most. Granted I generally use my sword when the odds were of me being a half breed, but I'm still classed in the sense as being a berserker. Because I am relentless. Rhye on the other hand is a balanced sort. She relies on her manna and her assassin skills. She's certainly a lot faster than I am and is far more flexible than I ever could be." a shrug to the shoulder and his attention was back to that of Crow, "It all depends on how you think you will be in combat which is why," Grey smirked almost too sweetly, "We'll figure that out now. You are going to go head to head with me Crow so we can figure out what sort of styling you will use that will only enhance your skills rather than slow them down."

Crow scratched under his chin as he nervously side stepped in the open field. His opponent, easily doubled his size. He carefully watched Grey as he hunched over in an offensive stance. He thought about what Grey had said. Everyone has a unique fighting method. The reality was, he was no fighter. And though he may have unlocked some sort of magic within himself, he was to attempt to not to use it. Crow only hoped that would be easy enough to handle.

Crow took in a breath, as he did so, Grey came at him with an unleashed speed. Crow's eyes widened, shuffling his feet to the left as quick as possible, it didn't do much good. Grey swiped at Crow with a clubbed fist, rapping hard at Crow's ribs, sending him swirling into the air. Landing with a thud, his mind span with confusion. He grasped for oxygen, it had been knocked clean out of him.

"Grey!" Rhye hollered from the background. Grey just rubbed the nape of his neck.

"I didn't even try hard." He mumbled. Crow shook his head as he wheezed on the ground.

"It's good, I'm good... No worries here." Pulling his body up, he brushed the dirt off of himself. Crow took a moment to catch his breath. Pressing his glasses back up onto his face, he looked over at Rhye and Dalia, both of which seemed to only pity his lack of ability. He would have to get this if he was planning on being any help to Rhye.

Grey was fast, but he would have to be faster than Grey, he knew this would be Grey's biggest set back. He would focus on dodging his attacks, as it was obvious that too many of those hits from Grey would do in most people. Crow rubbed his ribs slightly, again he took in a breath, this time when Grey came at him again, he watched where Grey's hands were. Leaping back and then to the side, Grey's blows were unrealized. Grey smirked slightly before bringing a sweeping foot around- catching Crow's ankle he sent Crow to the ground once more.

"You observed a little better this time, but your foresight is far from accurate." Grey reached down, grasping Crow's shirt. Reaming him up until he was on his feet. Grey slapped Crow's back, dust plumed off of him.

"hmmm," He observed Crow. "Think of it this way, you are too worried about what I'm doing to know what you are doing. You need to let your instincts take over when it comes to reacting to my moves. Focus on where your attacks are going to land, focus on where your next move is. When it comes time to respond to me, let your subconscious take over. By finding this balance, it becomes a much more natural push and pull, rather than a clumsy reaction." Crow brushed more dirt off of himself, grunting slightly. His pride was the only thing that was getting all beat up.

"Okay, I will try..." Crow scrunched his nose as Grey took several paces back to give him room. Preparing his stance for the third time, Grey nodded lightly to him. Crow wanted to accept this training, but if it was going to be like this the whole time, he could only feel the frustration being more of a burden.

Grey leapt at him, bringing his big arm down over top of Crow. Slipping out of the way he narrowly dodged. Grey retorted by bringing up a knee, Crow blocked it with his elbow, shocking himself slightly, it was almost like what Grey had described as a subconscious reaction. The moment he realized this, Grey had already moved onto the next attack, bringing his own elbow into the back of Crow, throwing him over Grey's knee and onto the ground.

Without stopping this time, Crow shakily rolled as he hit the ground, pulling around and spearing towards Grey without hesitation. This seemed to surprised Grey more than he had even hoped for. plummeting into the center of Grey, it did little to knock Grey back, instead, Grey clasped his hands together and brought them down onto Crow with a loud slam. Crow bit the dirt hard. He couldn't get up from that hit.

"Better... I think." Grey said, looking at Rhye and shrugging. "Maybe we should take a break." Grey combed his hand through his hair, as Crow could only bring himself to his knees, once more catching his breath. This wasn't going to go well, not even in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.