1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
-Fantasy with means of magic and sword based feelings, i do prefer a bit of romance in stories
-Modern with again a fantasy feel
-Cut in anything with a bit of Romance and I can give it a try.
The offer really wasn't an offer in his mind, rather it was a point at keeping him under a careful watch that he was less than privy to really oblige too. Yet with the other two going along, he sighed pinching the bridge of his nose with a bothered shrug.

Unlike that of Crow, he didn't overly care to this specific moment to take note of the temple, rather he was just following along like a sheep in the herd. He kept silent, brooding an all too familiar way before his ears began to twitch against their own accord. "Grey, you appear like you are looking for something. Are you not hungry yet?"Hearing his name spoken, he glanced to the elder man with a narrowed stare. He would have to be fairly daft not to note the bemusement in his tone and know exactly what he was getting at.

"What matter is it of yours?" he snapped out of habit, the less he had questioned about himself the better.

Letting the frustration of him bounce off like as if it was nothing more than a gnat, a hand pulled in a slow motion showing into the large open area, the oak tables lined with chairs with the black velvet trim. Almost all of them were pushed neatly under the table except for the various few who either had a novice sitting in them, or were being polished by cleaning staff.

"Fancy meeting you here child," Sparlas stepped around him without a secondary glance, though his own attention lifted upwards to take a full bewildered look behind him, to the side and then land back on her fiery crown. "Serving up anything special this morning?"

Rhye exchanged a fellow confused look with him though hers was more to the fact that he was confused. He had left before she had this morning and yet here she was sitting there without a care in the world. The soft scent of lily and peaches was aloft on the air, coming from her as it was apparent she had actually taken the time to freshen up her appearance. Hair usually sleek and tamed was wet and a bit wild due to the fact it was drying freely; Grey gave his head a firm reminding shake. Picking up her plate from the side of her arm, she offered up something to Sparlas when he pulled out the chair to her right. "The ladies are just getting everything ready still, but they had some left over fruit from the night before." she answered casually as if there had never been a problem in the world. "I didn't expect the whole lot of you all to be awake," vibrant green eyes pierced to him, "Within reason of course."

Crow wasted no time sidling up to Rhye's far side, Dalia sat in the plush seat beside Crow. The old chairs creaked as they pulled their seats in. Rhye seemed to be in a pleasant enough mood from the prior night. It was sort of an eerie feeling. As though she was a completely different person. Crow knew the previous night reaction had a lot to do with her feeling responsible for him. But it seemed as though nothing had happened between the two. Crow cleared his throat slightly.

"I sort of had enough sleep last night." Crow murmured. Dalia leaned forward to get a better sight on Rhye.

"Rhye, can you please pass fruit?" Dalia asked politely in her thick accent. Crow leaned back to get out of the way. He rubbed at his head slightly with a bit of a sigh. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to say to Rhye, he wanted to apologise, but she seemed so null and void to it all, that he found the words difficult. Nodding his head he watched as Sparlas finally joined their table. Maids brought drinks for everyone without question. Crow gave his thanks with a nod, and took a sip.

"So... What is the plan now, exactly. We've learned a bit more about what happened to Grey, but is it curable? Is Darkian some sort of disease?" Crow looked at Grey with a shrug. "The details were a bit vague." Crow scrunched his nose slightly as he made a confused look at Rhye.

The mixture of uncertainly, revived tension and the odd one out serenity made the room feel thick, almost too warm but she had only begun to perfect her talent of keeping her emotions from her face. Not to say they weren't playing havoc on her mind, but she was learning.

Watching him watching Crow like a cat did with a mouse seeming to wait for some sort of slip up that could come tumbling out at any moment, it was now her lips pressed tight in a grim line to the over bearing man. Ears flicked though there was no noise that should have attracted his senses, blue irises glazed over at first only to widened at her causing herself to realize she was scowling at him. Perhaps she hadn't learnt all that well yet.

Exhaling heavily letting her fingers twine around her drink that had been already brought out prior them all entering; Grey eventually milled his way around to sit on her left hand side making it evident in a way if someone was really paying that much attention; the formality behind it showing as if he was the lord of all. In a sense he was but not overly in the same fashion one could deem a king and queen. It all was a jumbled mess that she was desperately trying to smooth and understand in a fell swoop. "I sort of had enough sleep last night."

"Rhye, can you please pass fruit?"Lifting the bowl of fruit to stand up using the cushion of her chair as a prop, she grinned pleasantly to the young crussido.

"You should probably still rest a bit more Crow before we start hashing out all the details of our next move. Though," her gaze lifted under her lashes to connect with Sparlas' ever smiling eyes. "I am certain our next move is predetermined."

Grey hummed at first as she sat back watching with a side stare as the demonic man picked up his own drink though it seemed it had been at the most inconvenient time. We've learned a bit more about what happened to Grey, but is it curable? Is Darkian some sort of disease? The details were a bit vague."Swallowing hard as not to choke, Grey grimaced visibly wincing with a single palm plastering to his chest as she surmised he ingested more air than liquid, a single eye was staring right through Crow.

She couldn't help but understand why Grey had been so caught off guard, it seemed mutual. Usually tempered in a warming grace, Sparlas was blinking so quickly at the mere fact that Crow had just uttered those words. They knew he had lost his memory but it still left them all floored.

Bridging her fingers together before her face resting her elbows against the rounded lip of the table, Rhye was trying to hide her little smirk from Grey really. Generally ready with a quip back, Grey did something out of the character for himself, he leaned back in his chair leaving his hand where it was and laughed. Not the same sort of insulting scoff he held with an iron grip but gentle… almost compassionate. "The details were vague only because everyone who knows the history of Flycoren understands what the Darkian is," Eyes had slid shut exhaling heavily, "Damnit that hurt."

A short snort came out of her causing Grey to suddenly open his gaze and shoot her a disapproving look. "So glad you care there darling," he spoke cynically now letting the return of his demeanour rise.

Clearing her throat letting her hands clasp together, Rhye looked sadly to that of Crow though her lips were painted with the gingerly smile she had been almost famous for. "In simple terms Crow, it is not curable because it is not a disease. Rather it is a heritage, like a heirloom that someone would pass down to their kin when they have passed on. Simply Darkian means Demoil King."

Sparlas nodded, "Aye, the lad has just been given something we as a world have feared and thought it was taken care of years ago;" Blue eyes struck a steely cord peering through Grey to another world, before his hand lifted opening in a gesture to the bronzed hair lad sitting beside her, "Grey is royalty in his clan, even though he was once a mere halfbreed. Whatever that plagued beast did to your blood, it has managed to corrupt and taint any ecchial blood into a demoil curor. We are uncertain what effect it still has, hence why I haven't made any motion to remove his shackles."

Rhye could tell already a lot of this would need further explanation to that of Crow, hell she wasn't sure she understood it either. "Some king," she mused feeling the need to lighten the moment, "I don't recall any sort of king that was so brazen and brash without an ounce of military intelligent. Or let's anyone shackle them."

His lips curled back baring the fangs in a clear light, "Are you trying to kick me when I'm down," Grey turned to face her direct on leaning forward enough that she caught the whiff of salty skin mixed with that all too familiar heated scent he seemed to carry; one that was difficult to even give a proper name too, "Cause from where I sit, you weren't much of a guardian when you first took the reins from Nero. In fact," he poked her right in the button of her nose, "I recall a certain lady needing a certain half demoil to watch her back for the first ten months."

Smirking to him, Grey only wrinkled his nose back to her.

Crow blinked with some confusion. Rhye and Grey hardly seemed concerned by what was happening with Grey. Was there much to worry about? He had seen what Grey had done when he went in the berserk mode, hence the shackles. But was it going to happen every time the shackles were removed?

Lowering his ears slightly, he pushed his glasses further up onto the bridge of his nose. "I feel so out of the loop not remembering anything." He moped slightly. "So... If he's the king... or leader of his clan- Or whatever. Does that mean he has to leave and go lead his people or something? And what's so frightening about the Darkian? I mean, I'm not that daft to the fact that Demoil's as a rule are hated. But, is that the reason, because of the Darkian?" He looked to Dalia who seemed to be nodding lightly.

"He was the cause of the Nojae War." She spoke softly. Crow tilted his head. "That ... almost sounds familiar to me." Looking over to Rhye he looked to her for some sort of explanation as to what the whole thing was about. "Okay okay, I'm not going to turn this into a history lesson." Crow sighed. "If Sparlas and Scarlet have a plan, I guess I can leave it at that for now. But would you possibly mind teaching me some of this stuff later, Rhye? I have a lot of catching up to do apparently."

"I can help!" Piped up Dalia. "I know a lot about that stuff!" She smiled. Crow chuckled lightly.

"Thanks guys." Crow returned the smile towards them. "Now, where's breakfast? I'm starving." Rubbing his hands together, the anticipation was killing him. But he paused suddenly.

"Is Scarlet coming to breakfast this morning?" He asked towards Sparlas, who seemed to be having his own personal conversation with a maid.

"I feel so out of the loop not remembering anything. So... If he's the king... or leader of his clan- Orwhatever. Does that mean he has to leave and go lead his people or something? And what's so frightening about the Darkian? I mean, I'm not that daft to the fact that Demoil's as a rule are hated. But, is that the reason, because of the Darkian?"

"He was the cause of the Nojae War."

Both peered at them, watching with a skilled eye before it was Grey who leaned back in his chair crossing his arms over the span of his chest. "Nojae war was not just a cataclysm that hit the mortal races, many of the demoil races fell to my grandfather. I can't say I am honored to inherit such a title, but I can make damn sure that I can be replaced to its rightful title." She tilted her head to him uncertain of his words. They sounded as if they weren't really meant for them to hear but more of a introvert phrase that he had to express.

"That... almost sounds familiar to me." Looking over to Rhye he looked to her for some sort of explanation as to what the whole thing was about. "Okay okay, I'm not going to turn this into a history lesson." Crow sighed. "If Sparlas and Scarlet have a plan, I guess I can leave it at that for now. But would you possibly mind teaching me some of this stuff later, Rhye? I have a lot of catching up to do apparently."

"There's a lot to teach, especially when there are so many different stories to the happenings to be told." Grey was watching her from the corner of his eye, his brow twitching enough to let her know that he wasn't keen on her taking a private study with Crow. Sighing internally at his behaviour she couldn't believe he still didn't trust Crow. It had to be his demoil side acting up, or rather his entire self now. "But if you are willing, then I'd be happy to teach what I can."

Perching her fingers to her brow, Rhye returned her eyes to Dalia who had jumped at the chance to indulge Crow with her fountain of knowledge. Nodding her head to his appreciation, she couldn't help but wonder if this was another way that Crow was possibly trying to get into the step of being the shepherd… it had merit. A shepherd had to know Nojae inside and out, it only made her mind twitch.

"Is Scarlet coming to breakfast this morning?"

Humming realizing the question was poised in his direction, the elder man shook his head. "As thrilling and exciting that would be for the four of you," Grey snorted receiving a brunt elbow to his side causing him to exhale fairly quickly and curse her all in the same breath, "The Mother is tending to other matters this day. It is best for her own sanity alongside that of yours, that she is absence. To say that she is less than thrilled with the certain states of affairs is a mild word."

Her eyebrow twitched, how terrible was it really that Scarlet hadn't gone out of her way to summon her again just to lay into her?

Clapping his hands together Sparlas grinned seeming as if he summoned maids from the kitchen depths, they appeared holding the plates in their palms. Making their movements outward Grey huffed as he slunk into his chair trying to disappear from sight. "How much to you want to bet whatever your precious mother is doing involves guards, more shackles and possibly a guillotine for yours truly."

Closing her eyes she took in, let out a breath. "You give her too much credit Grey, she'd just simply wait till your fully in your ecchial skin before striking you down with her own might." she said matter of flatly.

"Thanks for making me feel a lot better," Planting a hand to his brow draping over his eyes, he groaned softly, sinking even further into his chair.

The rest of the breakfast seemed to plod along quietly amongst the group of them. The conversation was light, and Crow felt a little bit better about what had been happening over the course of the week. It had been rocky at best, but it seemed that there was going to be some direction which he felt confident he could go. Had he thought that at the beginning of the week, he would have been lying to himself. Still, his course of actions the night prior caused an internal ache that he couldn't quite snuff out. It was a sort of headache, but in the nape of his neck. Rubbing feverously he hoped the heat of his hand would quell the pain. But alas, it only allowed temporary relief. Clenching his hand he could feel his muscles tense and slow. And the feeling of cold that ran through his veins was almost unbearable.

Wandering through the halls of the temple, he found himself straying from Rhye and Grey. They had matters to attend to, something about being the Guardian, and such. Crow wasn't so sure that's what they were doing, but they were entitled to time alone, he felt. Grey had been acting a lot more docile over the past twenty four hours, and it seemed like he was warming up to Crow finally, or maybe that was just in his head. Crow could understand the resentment. Putting his life on the line and all. He let loose a sigh as he slouched down onto a marble bench. Behind it was a large fountain.

Water trickled out with a soothing melody. His red eyes lazily looked over his shoulder to observe the intricate statue. Everything about this place seemed immaculate, everything from the building, to the people, to the every day actions that went on. Peaceful could only partially describe it. The sunlight that filtered through the glass panes upon the roof glistened on the water top, shimmering brightly in presence of the morning sun. The sounds of footsteps could be heard distantly. With a flick of his ears, he looked to see who approached. Dorian, obviously on duty.

Dorian seemed to take notice of Crow finally, with a scoff, he attempted to about face. Crow quickly jumped up and bounded over to him.

"Wait, Dorian, hold on!" Crow pleaded with urgency. Dorian kept walking.

"Kid, best get going, I'm already in a heap thanks to you and your best friend Grey." Crow was much shorter than Dorian, but Crow felt like he had shrank yet another two feet.

"If he was my best friend, I think I'd need to assess my priorities." Crow spoke quietly, somewhat honestly. This seemed to pique Dorian's hearing.
"Hmm?..." Dorian huffed.

"Look, I just was wondering if you could point me to a Library, or some kind of archives, that I might be able to read." Crow clapped his hands together and smiled nervously. He could feel the sweat already starting to bead on his forehead.

"Even if I could kid, you wouldn't be aloud in. That's for scribes and specialty personal only." His armour clanked as he adjusted his sword. Seeming to try and remind Crow he was on duty.
"I know. But I'm training to be a Shepard for Rhye now. And I've really got to make an extra effort to get the basics down." Dorian could only laugh out loud. So much so, that his voice bellowed through the belly of theTemple.

"What a joke this is turning out to be! What else is she going to employ, a pet rock? I'm sorry kid, no offence. But you've got your work cut out for you. No amount of books are going to prepare you for what awaits under her direction. I respect Rhye, and how hard she's worked to get there, but as long as she keeps her pet; she'll end up in shambles." Dorian could only chuckle. Crow fell silent. Rubbing his brow, he wasn't sure what to say to this guy. He seemed bitter beyond any reason Crow could fathom.

"Well then all the more reason to help me out. I only need one book, I'll be in and out, quick like a bunny." Crow stood as straight as he could, pulled in close to Dorian. "I'd owe you, big time." He admitted. Dorian only looked at him through one eye.
"You say that, but would you follow through?" He grumbled under his breath.

Reluctantly, Dorian stood outside of a large door. "This is Scarlet's personal collection. What ever you are looking for will be in there for sure. But I swear, if you rat me out, I'll rip you a new one." He spoke with the utmost seriousness. Crow could only laugh with fret.
"Scout's honour, I swear. You were never here!" Crow rubbed the back of his head. With that Dorian walked back to his post. With a wave, he looked over his shoulder.
"You owe me big kid, just remember that." He looked at Crow with an intense look, that only could mean one thing to Crow. He would one day have to repay him for sure.

"Grey can't stand the guy," Crow talked softly to himself. "But he's got a soft spot." He laughed in spite. Turning to face the door, Crow pushed it as quietly as two giant doors could open. Slipping in, the room was dark. All the windows were veiled with thick red curtains. Pushing his glasses up, he looked around holding his breath. If he had any memory, it was that he had never seen so many books in his life. It was amazing. This was Scarlet's 'personal collection'. That was just a ludicrous thought. Wandering through the shelves and shelves of the books, he had to squint to make out and of the titles in the dim light.

At the end of the aisle he was walking, he found a large book on a pedestal. As he stepped up, and peering down upon it, it was a catalogue of all the books behind him. Thumbing through the index, he was able to find a serial number of something similar to the topic of his interest. Turning around, he only sighed. This may take longer than he thought.

Extra aware and alert, any small noise made him jump and hide as best as he could in the shadows. Stumbling through the dark, he frantically searched for the number he sought. The more time he spent in the library, the more he was haunted by the sounds of the room. He felt at any moment he was going to be mauled by a grizzly. Swallowing hard, he finally found the right bookshelf. Now it was a matter of finding the right number. The tips of his fingers were numb as he thumbed through each spine of the books. Finally the ridge of the right book met his trembling fingers. His heart stopped with excitement. This was it!

Pulling it from it's sheath, a cloud of dust followed. It was obvious it hadn't been touched in ages. Waving his hand back and forth, the shroud cleared. Holding in a cough, he, pressed his thumbs against the thick hide cover. Gold pressed letters, written in a language he didn't understand. His ears flicked, looking over his shoulder with paranoia, he opened the book. To his dismay, the whole book was written in this foreign language. Sighing heavily, he flipped through it, trying to make something of the images. One image in particular looked like it was close to what he wanted, but without knowing how to read the language, there would be no way for him to know.
Holding the book tightly under his arm, he headed for the exit of the door. He knew he would be in trouble if Scarlet knew he was taking a book, let alone being in here. But he had to find the answer he was looking for. But who could he ask? There had to be someone who would help him, without ridicule. He wasn't sure if Dalia would be much help, she spoke in an accent, but he highly doubted she would be able to translate. To him it seemed to look familiar, memories seemed to try and blur and meld into reality. But again, nothing would materialize into anything solid.

Grunting, Crow found himself in the hallway. Staring down the corridor, he fell lost in thought. Rhye might know what language this was, but what kind of trouble would she give him? Not only that, but she told him that she didn't want him to be a Shepard. He laughed under his breath slightly and brought a finger up to his brow. This was closer to related to what happened last night.

He wanted to discover how this 'Manna' worked. How did someone's body react to this substance, and where does it exist naturally? How are you to utilize the power behind it? On top of all this, why did affect him so unnaturally. Or at least that's what everyone seems to be saying to him. He wanted to figure out why. He knew the only way that was going to happen was if he started to research it. On top of that, he had made up his mind. If he was going to know anything, he would have to take researching to heart. He would have to build his memory one book at a time.

This book seemed as good a place to start as any. Taking a breath in, he felt that the benefit of learning outweighed the trouble he may get. It's not like he couldn't return it if she wanted to, and he wasn't going to go around sharing the book with others. He would talk to Rhye about it, and that was it. Now the only trouble... was finding Rhye. She had gone off with Grey awhile ago, and he had no idea where they would have ended up by now. He decided that he would take the book to his room, and then once he found her, he would ask her to help with his studies.

~*~

After some time wandering around, he had managed to work his way over to Rhye's room. He hadn't seen her anywhere else in theTemple, so this was his last change, at least until dinner time. He was certainly growing an appetite with all this walking. Knocking on her door, he waiting patiently. Was there sound in there? He couldn't tell. Clearing his throat, he felt nervous, like he was intruding.

Breakfast had been... unusual. It was literally the only word that he could accurately use to state the whole thing, it wasn't quite so off the wall that it made him uneasy but it certainly wasn't one of his everyday mornings that proved to be more of a influence than a hindrance. It was just odd.

It had only continued as they began to fan out, each seeming to take off in their own directions - some in pairs and others not so much- though he found walking with the guardian in the awkward semi calm silence was enough to send shivers down his spine. He could feel her coiling up like a snake just getting ready to strike out. The moment her mouth opened stopping them both in the hallway, it seemed for once fate intervened into it.
Exhaling thankfully when what he could figure was one of the higher novices here had requested Rhye's assistance for some sort of demo that the trainee's were to learn, she stopped to look up at him with a new bordering pity look. That he could do without.

The day had become warm, a lot warmer than he actually wanted to admit. Usually quite content with the weather changes on most continents, he was literally cursing the ecchial flesh he was currently becoming more aware of. He could only wonder if the heat from his own body had begun to dispel away, something he had never before had happen. Then again he had never gone this long without delving into his primal aggression.

Flexing his hand as it hung lazily over the balcony railing, he seized the moment to lurk away in the depths of the room. This place was still too over the top for him to handle, that and he didn't overly want to take a chance of running into Scarlet.

Shuttering at the mere idea, ears perched causing him to throw a glancing stare across his shoulder towards the hollow echo reverberating against the walls of the posh room. Narrowing his sights as if he could suddenly peer through the wooden grain of the doors in hopes to see who was on the other side, he grunted at his own accordance. If they were looking for Rhye and he opened the door, he could certainly think of a viable excuse fairly quickly if they wanted to question his existence in here. That and he was almost certain, fading demoil heritage or not- he could still bring the nervous shivers to tremble their knees.

Flicking again an ear, vivid blue irises returned to look out across the scape of the city below the towering balcony. "Enter," he muttered clear enough to be heard but was still a mutter.

Ears flicking, he heard a voice muttering through the door. He wasn't sure who, Grey, perhaps? He took the noise as an invite. Pressing open the door slowly, he peered in. The room appeared empty, but upon further investigation, he could see Grey leaning over the balcony. Not exactly the person he was looking for. Crow tilted his head slightly. Adjusting his shirt, he slowly approached Grey.

"You hiding from Scarlet?" Crow asked quietly. Shielding his eyes from the sunlight as he stepped out onto the balcony, he leaned against the railing, despite the lack of invite. Grey seemed to be deep in thought, more than normal even.

"Where is Rhye at, anyways? Weren't you two together?" Crow side glanced at Grey with curiosity.

Listening acutely to the door opening and dropping shut on its own accord, the way his feet seemed to drag across the carpet often picking up in a stride before seemingly becoming lazy again, he could tell it was Crow without actually looking. It made it easier to listen rather than to crane his curiosity at times.

"You hiding from Scarlet?" uttering the words quietly as if the boy was going to break some unseen concentration with the mere sentence, Grey couldn't help but let out a huffing grunt to mildly suggest the very thing. He even thought about replying with a snarky comment but decided against it. Crow was the least of his worries. "Where is Rhye at, anyways? Weren't you two together?"

Slipping his focus to settle in the peripheral of his vision looking the younger half breed over, he raised a brow. "Summoned apparently." he replied flatly. It could have been a perfectly viable response to most people in the world but with the one that stood there with barely the memory of his own name, it was easily a hit and miss comment. Rethinking that one, a sharp intake of air came from him gathering himself up to turning right around to balance his elbows on the smooth railing. Again giving the boy the once over, Grey rocked his jaw. "She's busying herself with the training novices, guardians here are sort of a luxury I take it. Having Rhye as the achieved form of any woman here, she is probably being used as some brilliant scheme to influence the new recruits to strive for their best." That was a better answer, one he was actually fairly impressed with himself. "Granted it may be hard to believe, Rhye and myself aren't sewn together at the hips." well that left a very unusual image in his head that was difficult not to smirk too. Rather he opted to clear his throat stroking a hand across the grain of his face listening to the rubbing scruff causing him to frown in turn.

"I could ask you the very same thing, you seem to be lacking a feathered friend." indicating the clear observation the rise of his brow puckered his forehead. Stretching a hand testing the awkward weaker sensation in the palm, Grey waited a moment for him to respond letting the vibrant sights drop to study the textured floor of the balcony; "What did you need Rhye for Crow?" he wasn't about to go playing around believing the younger man had come here for some tea and small talk with the Vena guardian. The boy had made it clear earlier that he wanted Rhye's help to learn.

Crow peered over the openness around theTempleas Grey spoke. The organization of trees and buildings made the sight something to behold. He never realized how high up theTemplewas until he looked out upon the land.

"I could ask you the very same thing, you seem to be lacking a feathered friend."

Crow hummed slightly. "hmm, yeah, you're right. I guess I kinda went off on my own world after breakfast. I'm not sure where she ended up." This made Crow start to wonder what she had been doing. Normally she wasn't far behind him, no matter where he went. Looking at Grey he shrugged some. "She probably is close by somewhere."

"What did you need Rhye for Crow?"

With Grey cutting to the chase, Crow took an inward breath. "Well, we had talked about teaching me earlier. I mean, I wasn't going to bother her if she was busy- But ask her when she would have time." Crow brought up a hand to his chin.
"Things have been sort of crazy since we've come to the temple. I guess since I woke up, to be realistic. I'm just trying to make heads and tails of it all." Turning around he put his arms up in the air.
"What am I doing here, I mean really? I'm so out of touch with myself, I feel like I'm floating up along the clouds. I guess, I just want to see what I can learn through reading, and studying right now. Maybe something will trigger some memories. Even if Rhye can just find some good books for me, I wouldn't have to bother her much for explanations." Crow sighed. "It would be nice, to know more than what happened a week ago." With his head down, he could feel the warm summer breeze of the evening air. The rustling of trees distantly.

"I'm sorry Grey..." Crow spoke softly, with his pulse quickened. Not even sure where the apology came from. "For getting you into this mess. If I could do anything to make it right... I will make it right."

"Things have been sort of crazy since we've come to the temple. I guess since I woke up, to be realistic. I'm just trying to make heads and tails of it all." Turning around he put his arms up in the air.
"What am I doing here, I mean really? I'm so out of touch with myself, I feel like I'm floating up along the clouds. I guess, I just want to see what I can learn through reading, and studying right now. Maybe something will trigger some memories. Even if Rhye can just find some good books for me, I wouldn't have to bother her much for explanations." Crow sighed. "It would be nice, to know more than what happened a week ago." With his head down, Grey could only watch with an uncertain look to the blue crowned hevanarchon. It wasn't as if he could really sympathize with him. Well he could but it held no worth, the idea of not being able to recall your own memories for eighteen years would be enough to drive most crazy. But the idea of scrounging through books to him seemed like an incredible waste of time.

It wasn't as if he had a hate out for the hard covered tomes but he one who believed in more experiencing things than reading about them. But if this was what Crow was hoping would trigger his memories, who was he to say otherwise.

Opening his mouth to at least add something in that could either be helpful or not, he stopped throwing Crow an firm confused expression that truly didn't reign often on his features. "I'm sorry Grey..." Crow spoke softly, with his pulse quickened. Not even sure where the apology came from. "For getting you into this mess. If I could do anything to make it right... I will make it right."

"For what?" He was perplexed, what was the boy going on about now. Something he had to make right and somehow- then it clicked to him. Humming stroking a thoughtful hand across his chin again, Grey paused for what seemed like an eternity. Was he honestly still going on about that? It happened over a few weeks ago now, what was the point of driving himself into a apologetic frenzy for something that wasn't even worth reflecting on.

Then it came out as a mix of amusement and teasing laugh at his expense. Turning right around pushing himself away from the balcony, Grey couldn't really believe this one. Clapping a hand against the half breeds shoulder, Grey gave him a lighter shake. "If you are going to worry that much about something that occurred already, you are going to make yourself sick. Especially when I could really care less. Shit happens." Removing his hand letting the stretch of his legs move back towards in the inner reach of the room of Rhye's, fingers raked absently through the temple of his hair. "What has happened is just that Crow, it happened. Believe it or not, as much as Dorian or Scarlet like to think I am not as blood hungry and malicious. Rhye has a soft spot for you, I could tell that much the moment we ran into you. While it does manage to annoy me at times," his gaze flicked across his shoulder letting a searing stare happen before it simmered and he grinned. "She sees something in you that she is willing to risk everything for. I wouldn't be much of a man in general if I had just let you or her become plague chow back there." tapping a hand to his chest were the doppledeath had branded him; "This was my choice Crow, not yours or Rhye's. Demoil or ecchial, I still have an internal honor to hold and that extends to those Rhye and myself consider part of the fold." eyebrows lifted in a way that was asking the younger lad if that was a good enough reason.

Then came the beckoning gesture while he began again to walk inside; "You said you wanted to learn something from books, well we could probably find someone that would let you into the archives. Though I have a feeling most of every book is written in high sel or basic. Common tongue still hasn't made its appearance in the written words so much beyond the borders of Rio."

The corner of Crow's eye caught Grey's gaze as he listened acutely. No ill will? But it was his folly that got them into this mess. Nonetheless, Crow felt like he had just witnessed a blue moon moment with Grey, and he wasn't going to let that falter.

"You said you wanted to learn something from books, well we could probably find someone that would let you into the archives. Though I have a feeling most of every book is written in high sel or basic. Common tongue still hasn't made its appearance in the written words so much beyond the borders of Rio."

Crow's ears flicked as Grey mentioned the books. "High Sel, Basic?" Crow blinked slightly tilting his head. Was that what the book he had grabbed was written in? Crow brought his hand behind his head and scratched lightly. With a bit of a nervous chuckle, he turned to face Grey full on.
"Well... to be real honest with you... I may have come into contact... with a certain said book. And it may not be in a certain common language that I speak." Again Crow could only chuckle in spite of himself.

"If... you would be so kind, can you translate some of it for me." Crow bowed with politeness, unsure of Grey's response. He swallowed hard, wondering if Grey was the type to give him hell for something that he had just done.

"Well... to be real honest with you... I may have come into contact... with a certain said book. And it may not be in a certain common language that I speak." Again Crow could only chuckle in spite of himself. "If... you would be so kind, can you translate some of it for me."

Turning right back around to look carefully over the nervous change in Crow, it only brought a raised brow and a bubbling question to his palette. "A certain book?" Slowly a grin dared to press to his lip momentarily before shook his head as Crow bowed to him. "Keep that polite etiquette to a low simmer," he stabbed a finger to him; "How did you get this said book?"

Crow looked over the frame of his glasses, Grey smirking only sent shivers down his spine. Not exactly the reaction he was expecting. "You'd rather not know how. But I may have gotten into Scarlet's personal collection. Perhaps." Crow stood up straight. Closing his eyes he shook his head lightly.

"If you don't want to help, can I at least ask that you keep this hush hush? The last thing I need is for them to find out. I've caused enough trouble already. It seems we are good at that." He sighed wearily.

"You'd rather not know how. But I may have gotten into Scarlet's personal collection. Perhaps." Crow stood up straight. Closing his eyes he shook his head lightly.

"If you don't want to help, can I at least ask that you keep this hush hush? The last thing I need is for them to find out. I've caused enough trouble already. It seems we are good at that."

"Now don't be getting ahead of yourself with all this, do I honestly look like the type of person who gives a damn about Scarlet or whatever personal collection she has? If you've managed to get in there undetected, I'd say that is fairly impressive." Crossing his arms across his chest he nodded slowly to himself; honestly amused to the whole thing. That was before he gave a waggle of his finger, "You keep going down this trail of ill deeds and you are going to be sitting on the same chopping block as myself with Scarlet." his brows lifted with a quirk that bridled somewhere between chiding and enjoyment. "You've only seen what it looks like from the outside ring, it gets far worse being up close and personal with the white witch once she has an ire for you."

Tipping his head back a bit motioning towards the door shoulders shrugged leisurely, "Might as well grab the thing, I'll see what I can do to help."

Crow took an inward breath. Bringing his hand up, he nodded silently. Looking Grey dead in the eye, he seemed like he could potentially be helpful. This made things just a touch more interesting for Crow. Maybe he was going to get his answers easier than he had hoped.

Hastily he ran to his room to bring the book he had taken. He paid little thought to the fact that if he was caught in the hallways with the book that he might lose his head. He was lost in his own excitement at the very thought of learning anything about manna.

As he bounded through the halls, his heart nearly leapt into his throat as someone stood just distantly down the hall. Crow couldn't exactly just stuff the book into his shirt and not look like he was trying to imitate being a rectangle. Wincing he hopped around looking for a place to stash the book. As he longed for a place to keep the book from view, the person appeared to be approaching, quickly.

Yelping, he pressed the flat of his back up against the marble walls. Sandwiching the book between the wall and his back. He was pushing so hard that he nearly slid up onto his tip toes. Whistling nervously he realized who was closing the distance between him. Long brown hair flowed smoothly as she bounded up to him.

"Crow!" She exclaimed.

"Uh... Dalia! Whew, what are you up to?" He asked nervously. She tilted her hear slightly with confusion.

"I uh, just went and bathed at the springs." Crow felt his face flushed. Laughing even more beyond himself. "What are you-"

"Oh nothing really." Crow interrupted. "Just, you know- getting to know the Temple a bit better. Exploring. I'm not sure if we'll be spending much more time here, but I figured it couldn't hurt to know my way around." Crow took a step to the left, the book sliding along the wall, thankfully with ease. The leather binding kept it from rubbing.

"I see!" Dalia smiled widely. "Find any secret passages or anything?" She beamed with curiosity. Crow couldn't really understand her. She was she so care free that she believed him, or was she just naive to what was going on around her?

"What are you up to now? Would you like me to show you where the springs are?" blinking some, she looked at him with a helpful smile. "Or maybe, if you want to study." She brought her finger up to her lips as she thought about what else to offer.

"Now that you mention it..." Crow nodded some. "That would be just perfect. How about you meet me at my room in about an hour, and we can study?" Crow could feel the hairs rise up on the back of his neck. Why was he so nervous at her seeing the book? It wasn't like she knew where he got it from. But he wasn't sure if she was the type to tattle. Or maybe she would judge him for taking the book in the first place. Then she wouldn't even talk to him anymore. Sighing heavily, he could feel his glasses slipping down the bridge of his nose as he silently fretted.

"Alright! I think that is good!" She exclaimed. "So what should we do until then?" She quickly asked, slightly confused. Crow only bowed his head with remorse.

"Oh..." He silently spoke. He quickly realized that now she had found him again, she wasn't about to bound off and do her own thing. He should have known better. "I'm just going to deliver this to Rhye..." Crow slipped the book out from behind him. "She uhh... mmm, gave it to me to read some of it. But I'm done with it now!" Crow rubbed his cheek with his eyes clenched closed. He could feel this lie only swirling into a massive whirl pool of torment and destruction. "If you want, we can go return it to her now."

"Sure!" Dalia agreed without a second thought. Crow nodded.

"I thought that's what you'd say." He said with a hollow tone.

Crow came up to Rhye's door. Taking in a deep breath, he only hoped Grey had waited here. He wasn't sure how much time he has wasted with Dalia, but it was enough to make anyone wonder what exactly had taken him so long.

Knocking on the door, the sound resonated throughout the hall. Standing there in a sort of awkward silence, he didn't want to just barge back in on Grey without permission. He may have finally striking the right cords with Grey, and he wasn't about to set that tone off.

Crossing his arms across the span of his chest watching the younger male practically jump through the door to get the book he borrowed from Scarlet's personal stash, he didn't bother the cynical smirk that rested on his features.

Hearing the tumblers in the door clack shut, he mused to indulge the few amusing thoughts tumbling through his head. He was honestly curious to figure out how the amnesia wrought kid managed to sneak into such a place, certainly guards would have been around the entrances, perhaps Sparlas even. Whatever the reason was for him to slip in so easily was left to pure assumption and vague wonders.

What possibly should have only taken a perhaps a few minutes seemed to drag on causing him to wonder what kept the hevanarchon. He was happy to wonder less inclined to go searching. The less he was out and about in the temple meant the less likely he would run into those sorts of beings that wanted to rent his neck. But he also had the possibility to find Rhye again but in comparison that fact was slim to none. He had barely put a memorable scratch into Vena's layout, Echowind was thrice its size and that wasn't giving its proper justice. It was best to behave in a unusual fashion for himself, linger in the inner sanctum of the guardian's quarters and leave the rest outside the door.

Flexing a hand testing the all too familiar fuzzy numb sensation that racked nearly half his body, ears again moved to the soft rapping upon the door. "Enter." He called out evenly not taking a keen chance of believing it could just be Crow, when it was just as likely that someone else had come looking for the vena woman. That very thought left him uneasy. It was another one of those nagging niggling whirling what if questions that devoured your senses and dulled your intelligence. But those were left for other times, ones that he could actually address personally with Rhye and possibly receive an answer that may open many plausible answers.

Turning some to peer across his shoulder again, he paused shortly when the hevanarchon lad came walking in - a tad uneasy himself - with the crussido in tow. It didn't take a genius - especially with theses two - to figure out Dalia was the reason for him taking a bit more of his time. "I was going to question whether or not you managed to lose your way, though I would be fairly stupid to ask seeing as you have acquired your feathered companion again." He was still not so sure about Dalia, she as quiet, or rather she was passive. She went through moments of silence only to start speaking up at a rapid pace. She was peculiar even to his own unusual mentality, though again Rhye didn't seem to find anything threatening, so he was learnt it was best to trust her current judgement. Though a crussido honestly didn't pose a threat, especially a blue feather.

Making a motion towards the small table that sat off to the right side of the balcony, he kept the doors open allowing the air to clean and refresh the room. "What sort of book is this anyways?" he wasn't thinking about the fact that Crow hadn't told Dalia his true motives, rather he was just ready to delve into an common territory. He wasn't one for reading on a daily basis but little did many know how often he spent in the archives of the land of Rio, brushing up on what he could in his few past years.

Last edited:
"B-book?" Crow exclaimed nervously. Looking down at the object he held. "Oh, of course, Grey this was the book that Rhye leant me. I was just here to return it." Crow was doing his best to nudge at Grey that he hadn't told Dalia the real story as to how he acquired the book. Dalia just continued to smile at him, she seemed to pay little attention to his uneasy manner. "I have to say," Crow's voice seemed to squeak lightly. "I found page one hundred and twenty three rather interesting." Crow almost seemed to lean into Grey while saying the page number. "I learned quite a bit out of that book. So I hope Rhye didn't mind me taking it." Crow coughed under his breath. "Anyway, Dalia said she wants to keep studying, so we'll go back to my quarters for now and be out of your hair. Sorry for... bothering you. I'll come back later when Rhye is around, I guess." As Crow escorted Dalia out of the room, with a firm grasp of the door handle Crow took one last look at Grey, mouthing the words one hundred and twenty three. And with that they were gone.

"Oh, of course, Grey this was the book that Rhye leant me. I was just here toreturn it."

Holding the spine of the tome in his palm listening to Crow's words, ample confusion blossomed quickly across his own features. What the hell was he talking about? Rhye leant him what now? If he could have pretended to know what he was talking about, he might have. But at the moment was as lost as a ship on the ocean blue in the middle of a morning thick fog. Lost.

"I found page one hundred and twenty three rather interesting."Crow almost seemed to lean into Grey while saying the page number. "I learned quite a bit out of that book. So I hope Rhye didn't mind me taking it."

Dropping blue irises downwards to the hard worn cover, a smirk spread eventually across his face. Granted it took a moment longer than he would willing admit to catch on to what Crow was going on about, but he did. He always did. "You know how Rhye is, she is pretty laid back about things she knows about. It's when she doesn't have a clue that she gets a mite cranky." Gazing eyes flicked up and down across both beings in the room, "I'll let her know you brought it back. I'm certain Rhye would like to know what you managed to grasp from the book." Giving a mocking wave, rolling his eyes effectively at the lad trying to convey the page he was desperately wanting to know about, Dalia couldn't have been that daft not to catch even a whiff of what had just happened. Even a mere inkling would have been enough.

Returning silence greeted him welcomingly, pages flipping scrolling through to come to the not so lightly hinted page that Crow had mentioned. Of course he would pick out a page scribbled with diagrams and pictures, it'd be the only thing he could read. The kid really was hopeless.

Sighing some, a brief gaze shot out the open balcony window trying to consider where the sun was in the morning light before figuring he ought to do the lad a bit of kindness and learn what was in here, before having to sneak the tome back to its resting place.

~~~~~~

Thankful for the capture and release program she had unwittingly joined upon returning to the temple, the releasing seemed to be more of a perk than the capture. Well that was a given.

Slinking quickly into the peace and comfort of the not so unfamiliar room; the warm waft of the afternoon air passed through to cleanse the room. Habit peeked, eyes glazed around uncertain if she was truly alone or if there was a lurking demoil using the place as a hideaway or not.

Why she had even thought of the latter was beyond her. Though she was hardly expecting the man to be sitting down, let alone perched over the table top seemingly lost to himself. Usually he was prone to watching her enter and leave like a hawk, this time. Not so much. Perhaps not a bad thing, it still struck her as odd. "Grey?" ears didn't even jostle to her call. Perking a brow crossing the floor in a gentle sway, turning enough around to glance to him; blue irises remaining at their vigilant pace. Following her stare downwards to take consideration of what had him so involved, a book was hardly her first thought. Hell, it wasn't even her fifth or sixth.

"What are you reading?" Fingers took a hold of the thick cover lifting it enough to finally break his concentration.

Pushing his hand down upon hers to keep her from fully looking at the front of the book, he grinned almost guiltily. "When did you come in, babe?" eyes threw not so casually across his shoulder towards the door, "I didn't even hear you come in."

Snorting she raised her brow further in amusement, "Clearly," again she motioned to look at the cover, "I asked what you were reading."

"Nothing of importance I assure you." She couldn't say that she wasn't remotely stunned by his unusual mannerisms. Sliding the reading material further under his reach, he put a chin into his palm. If he was trying to be sneaky, he was failing. Rather he was only encouraging her to probe further. "How was your-"

Waggling her hand before him, Grey leaned away instinctively. "Quit trying to dodge my questions, what is that book that you are desperately trying not to get me to look at."

"First things first then;" Now it was his turn to perk a finger, "I had nothing to do with this. I want that noted right now;" Waiting for her to signify that she would agree to that previous statement, "Secondly, I am doing some reading since the one whom borrowed such a book can't actually read the written word, call it my momentarily humanitarian service."

Arms crossed beneath her bosom, "That sounds shady,"

"Call it what you will, just don't be tearing me a new hole downwards;" shuffling the book forward offering it to her, the moment she seen the thin emboss written across the front cover she instantly wished she hadn't been so insistent.

"How did you get this!"

Smirking remaining perked with his chin upon his palm, the glint in his eyes told her that she didn't want to know. But she already had a terrible idea.

Last edited:
Sighing some, his head dipped with slight disappointment. The very annotation of having to wait any further on what he hoped to be answers was eating him up inside, but the warmth of hangs tugging at his arm proceeded to jerk him out of his slump to only remind him what was on his plate. Surely Dalia couldn't know about this... the mere words of Grey was enough to send shivers down his spine.

"You know how Rhye is, she is pretty laid back about things she knows about. It's when she doesn't have a clue that she gets a mite cranky."

The very pit of his stomach dropped like a lead balloon. He wouldn't actually tell her, would he? Of course he would, the very nature of Grey gleamed like a beacon across the ocean the moment the very idea popped into his head. He was probably revelling in the fact that Crow was going to be reamed out. Just what he needed, he had already witnessed the very temperament that was to lead him to his future life. It wasn't pretty. And getting Dalia involved would only heighten the situation to a massive problem. Not that it wasn't already.

As they approached Crow's quarter, he stared at the large wood door, before glancing down the hall longingly one last time.

"Is Crow alright?" Dalia asked finally, as they had been walking with only meagre small talk the whole time. Obviously she had finally caught on that his mind was elsewhere. Crow instinctively rubbed his eyes.

"Oh, yeah! I'm just tired I suppose, there's been a lot on the go since... Well, I woke up and rediscovered... who I am, I guess." Crow blinked at how abysmal that sounded. "I think I already need a vacation, and as far as I know, I've never been on one." Crow sighed with self pity.

"I promise we will! Once we help you get your memories back, we will go on the best vacation." Crow raised a single brow.

"And if... I never get my memory back, would that mean I'm never getting a vacation?" Dalia giggled.

"You are funny," She smiled widely. "If you never, ever, find your memories..." She paused with her eyes bright. "We will make a super long vacation to make new memories." Crow combed his hand through his hair. He couldn't help but blush slightly.

"You would help me make new memories?" Crow questioned.

"As long as it takes." Dalia nodded. Crow couldn't do much more than smile as they entered his room. He desperately wanted to remember who he was... but with that as an alternative, the blow of not ever remembering felt a little softer all of the sudden.

Dalia bounded into the room. Suddenly stopping she stood up straight. With a quick turn, her black skirt flayed out with the momentum.

"Alright, all Alumnol-- that's student in my home," She brought the back of her hand up to the side of her mouth. "Please be seated. We are to learn about the world, and it's many wonders..." Crow complied, sitting upon an old chair that creaked vivid tones of old wood, with a very soft cushion that melded to his back. With his ears peaked high, he was intent to learn that which she could teach him. Only with the minute niggling of the fact that across the temple, Grey was currently reading up on what he desperately had wanted to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.