Fly With Me - A Story of Survival ((IC))

Azrael began to feel more and more uneasy as the battle went on. Not only in body but also in mind, the alpha proved a worthy adversary, and he was happy and honored to fight him, but this feeling was not something like that, this was something very different, very primal, like animals detecting natural disasters. It began to overwhelm him, creeping its void tendrils around the Vak's heart.

The alpha had pinned him down when it happened. He heard an explosion and a sickening thud as the alpha flew off of him. "Rya!!!!". The Vak jumped back up irregularly, straining his ripped legs and blood drained body. He started to feel more and more tired as the adrenaline holding him up started to recede. Airease had started to literally bark orders as he dragged his mate away from a trio of tradu'rs. "Flight heed me! my new flight sister and brother go to the healers now! Malok get Aise and secure here. Go Now!"

Azrael blinked his eyes to get a better look at the dragons, there were 3, one with rotted flesh and bones, it looked like the dragon had been dead for a while, its putrid flesh barely hung on to its brownish bones, one of its eyes were swelled with sickley yellow puss leaking out from the sockets. It let out an other worldly sound that Azrael could only identify as unsettling. He changed his gaze to the dragon in the middle, he had black scale, similar to his own when he is woged, but that is where the similarity ends. His eyes glowed with pure toreian magic, but the toreian race itself perished with the great war. His eyes widened as he thought of what he was seeing, " Don't engage, just stand you're ground, I think he is a necromancer." He struggled to release his gaze on the toreian, and when he did, he wished he hadn't.

The last dragon in the trio looked like a bloated corpse, its crude, mangled excuse to organs looked like they had been partly consumed. He moved his eyes to see the dragu'rs face and all emotions and color drained from his face. The sickly rotting corpse that stood in-front of him was his biological father. Azrael's heart felt as if a thousand claws had ripped it out at the same time. All the time he cursed his parents, all the time he hoped they would die suffering, it all came crashing down on him, he stood on that field, but he felt as if he was drowning, drowning as he was when he was tossed down that canyon by the very same dragon that now stood in-front of him, rotting, and lost of all the dignity, and pride he held.

Azrael growled as the healers came near him.
" Heal Syril'th, I don't want anyone coming near me. GET AWAY!!!" , he hissed at the healers. He felt..... he didn't know what he felt. He roared at the Necromancer, instantly changing his scales into bright red, his brightness flared almost glowing, as anger fueled his magic, with his woge his physical pain dissipated.

But Azrael was far from ok. He was far from painless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lady Rya was motionless before her. Syr'lith knew the fight was not over, but she had no choice in the matter. The dust may have clouded her vision, but the rotting stench made her choke. Without even glancing towards the smell, she knew what, or who had arrived. Her and Azrael shared a glance before she saw him flash red. In his eyes, she could read everything. She knew exactly what disturbed his soul.

No... please no.....

Tendrils of coagulated blood and sinew coated their paths. Deceased flesh barely hanging on bone slowly drug themselves toward the flight. The shadows had arrived. And their puppeteer had eyes for them all.

The fight had started again, though Valos paid it no further heed. Yes, if they two made it in that meant there were now two more mouths to feed.
More effort from the Hunters.
"As if there isn't already enough of a strain," Valos complained to the air. He'd opened his mouth to protest further when a strange, unwelcome scent graced his nose. Black eyes snapped towards the distant treeline to catch Rya falling, crashing into the earth. And then there was roaring and commotion, that sickly yellow smell of panic and confusion.

And those three wretches that appeared. They smelt of scale rot and doom.

Angry claws dug furrows into the earth as pale wings rose off an arched back. Valos felt his scales and quills stand on end and rattle. Venom dripped from their tips as the white fury launched himself from his perch. Not down, no, but up. Up above the new comers. Up to where his pale coloration blended with the clouds and fog. No dragon, living or otherwise, ever suspected to be ambushed from above. They ruled the skies; All of creation was beneath them.

At the pinnacle of his climb Valos tucked his wings and limbs tight to his body and dove. Anger like acid coursed through his veins. He could hear his heartbeat peak for just a moment before it slowed to the steady, rhythmic dirge before combat. Everything faded around him as he focused all of his will, his rage, and his malice onto the intruders his Zur had called him to fight. Nothing attacked his flight and lived.

Nothing.

The bloated, half decayed corpse lurched, it's skin crackling with sickening bubbles as a torrential downpour flooded from the heavens. Acid rained down upon the three forms as white death spread it's wings, catching an updraft to slow his descent as Valos slammed full force and weight onto the drenched body. Melting bones and skin snapped under his weight as furious talons carved away flesh and form from body and bone. There was nothing pretty or stylish about Valos in combat. The white reaper fought with primal savagery and ferocity only mirrored by his acidic breath. He fought to survive. He fought for the survival of his flight.

His venom coursed through him unrestrained as he lashed out with his tail at the black scaled thing in the center. Those that met flesh hissed with malice as each movement drove them deeper into their target to release Valos' deadly cocktail into the monster's bloodstream. The beast underneath him moaned and writhed, drawing Valos' fury back upon it with cruel intent. Wicked talons curled around and sank into the beast's throat as it's neck was pulled back. It's spine protested, buckled, and snapped under the pressure and Valos forced his talons into the beast's mouth. It fought and strained for a moment before the bottom jaw buckled and broke, the mouth now wide open to receive the gaut of burning acid the Valos sprayed down it's throat.

The body shivered and hissed as it dissolved underneath mired talons. Valos turned black eyes towards the black scaled beast once more. His lips parted, pulled back over dripped teeth as he snarled and shook with rage. Quills rattled against razor edged scales. This was the White Reaper; The Pale Death.

This was hell unleashed.​

He knew that doom had tolled their names from its hellfire bell and would soon try to collect their wings for its own. Only, he didn't expect that the same shadows would come this early or that their arrival would be heralded with a rotting blast that shot his liege out of the sky in a charred heap of dragonscale. The ensuing smell of rotten flesh, putrid and dark, nearly made the healer vomit as it pervaded his nose in a barrage of sickly spears. However, disgust turned quickly to fury as Arieas' battlecry resounded across the forest. Battle instincts long-buried beneath the centuries of peace and self-flagellation rose like a giant tide that crashed against the mountainous shore, threatening to spill over the edge and drown everything in its aftermath. Zendyr knew it was not his job to fight, at least not yet. So, he channeled his rage to steel himself despite the tremblor that shook his very core. He nodded at Arieas' command before detecting Valos quickly coming to their aid as he engaged the rotten dragons in a great clash of spines and acid.

"Hold them back, Valos!" Zendyr roared as he anchored himself on his claws, his blast organ gathering a massive tide of mists that surged within his body. Producing the white mists from anywhere was less taxing yet the concentration of healing prowess was nowhere near when Zendyr produced them from his blast organ. "I need more time to heal everyone enough to fly!" It had been too long since he used this much healing mist but he had to try. Even if he was left exhausted at the end of it. So, with a hoarse cry, he lifted his jaws to the skies as his chest swelled with the gathered healing mist. And, with a deep rumble, he belched a huge column of white chemicals that covered the air above them before it rained down upon the flight in soothing needles. Using his chemical control, Zendyr skillfully steered the mists like guided spears of life that shot towards Lith and Azrael in a concentrated barrage. He could already feel the creeping tendrils of fatigue climbing up his body; however, Zendyr persisted and refused to fall.

He turned his attention to his injured liege, most of all. When he worriedly encased the fallen Rya beneath his great golden wings, he ignored the putrid stench of death that coiled around his ka'zur. He wept for her state, panic throbbing at his heart upon sensing how weakened her pulse had become.

"I will not let you lose your heartlight, Arieas," Zendyr declared with a determined voice, the pain of a thousand years piercing at his heart once more. "The same way I lost mine."

He strained his blast organ once again, concentrating his healing mists as he flooded the chamber of his wings in the healing tides. If Valos delivered death on wings, he would bring life with his. His golden crests and scales dimmed, the sunlight refusing to touch him as he forced himself to produce more and more healing mist in a desperate attempt to anchor the life of another's beloved. Pain stabbed at the dragon when he forced himself to go beyond his known limits. However, he also knew the suffering of losing a mate, and he would be damned before he allowed any of his flight members to go through that same seething cold that haunted him for centuries. Over and over again, he blasted Rya with mist, paying close attention to her weakened heartbeat.

It was at that moment that Zendyr decided he would not stop producing the white mists, even if his blast organ ruptured beneath the strain. Their lieges needed to be complete to lead their growing pack. They could always find another healer. However, in the same way, that a great oak would take hundreds of years to grow again once felled, an honorable pair-bonded alpha could never be so easily replaced.

Maybe, finally, my redemption is at hand...

No healer ever wept for his own suffering as Zendyr suppressed the pained twitches of his body crying out for reprieve. He was the golden dawn. The yellow iris over the horizon that heralded the beginning of a better morn, even if it meant the death of yesterday's tale.

Last edited:
Planned from the beginning? Arieas had known that Valos was going to attack Azrael? Marahuté's mind swirled in confusion. Traditionally, the trial fight was solely for the Alpha and initiate alone, no one else. Marahuté trusted that the Ka'Zur knew what he was doing, but he could have at least warned them.

Marahuté's gaze followed after Valos as he stalked off to return to his ledge. While Arieas had said Valos did well in showing restraint, his aggression towards Aise unsettled her. She knew Aise could be a bit much at times, but was that much aggression necessary? It was such a change from how Valos had acted with her the night before. Almost like he was two different dragons.

Marahuté had been so lost in her thoughts that she almost didn't notice Malek approached her.

"Oh, Aise?" Marahuté replied. She gave her head a soft shake as she brought her mind back to the present. "I'm not sure." Marahuté turned her head to the direction she thought she'd seen the ice female fly off. "I think she went that way."

Marahuté rose herself up on her hind legs to get a better view, looking to see if she could spot Aise. But when she did, an odd scent filled her nostrils. It was a sickening scent of death and decay. Before she had the chance to say anything there was a loud clap of sound and Marahuté looked up in time to see Rya crashing down to the ground.

"Mother!" Marahuté shouted. She hardly ever used the title in front of the others out of respect for the Alpha female that had taken her in. But now surprise and fear ruled her mind.

Marahuté lunged forward before she realized what she was doing. She was torn between the need to defend her pack and to hurry to her foster mother's side. Eventually, duty won out though it was difficult. Marahuté turned to face the intruders, her chest burning with heat as her flame ignited within her.

But what she saw made her freeze in place. Terror paralyzing her body at the sight of the walking corpses before her. This couldn't be possible.

Malok was unsure as he observed as Arieas continued the trail with Azrael. "Thank you Mara," Maloks wings extended prepping for takeoff when the sickening thud of one of his alphas met his ear. His frills rose quickly and rustled against his scales as he heard Aireas bark orders to those around the flight, he took to jump to the front line and defend as the other males before him had "Mara, I cannot allow Aireas to stand without me by his side. Please, can you acquire her?" Chills ran down his spine as he watched the falling apart dragons clamor forwards in this shadow of his draconic cousins. He quickly dipped over to the side of Syril'th and gave her a quick glance before pressing her to follow Marahute and provide some support. "Don't allow either of you to fly alone" he growled under his breath. Malok was quick to dart over to Aireas and stand along side him head held low in a battle stance, "I hope your ears have healed my friend" Maloks flight was his last haven and he wasn't about to lose it to a few puppets and a necrophile

Arieas had charged once Valos engaged one of the rotting creatures. Breathing fire on the other body he heard the flames sizzle and melt the loosely holding flesh. He charged and rammed the one who spoke to him. The dark scaled dragon smiled as Arieas stopped even with all the momentum he had gathered he was frozen. He snarled but he could only make the face of rage as he couldn't even roar. Leaning forward he smiled. It unnerved him as he could see the amusement a brutal and wasteful killer would have. He raised a claw to his cheek "Such defiance. So angry. Don't worry. She will die after you" He said but before he could connect he felt an attack rake his side. Arieas looked to find out of them all Deidre stood there. Even the foe that held him felt partly puzzled at the attacker "Care to fight someone else?" She said her voice strong and determined. Her features matching her tone of voice. Her timid and kind personality unable to be found at all.

Tossing the leader aside he watched as the Ka'Zur stopped by his mate. Looking to the attacker he approached and smiled
"How brave. You may have saved him but you just offered me your life" Though he was used to power he stopped seeing the smaller female didn't squirm. In fact while many showed fear she was.......confident. Growling he slammed his claws towards the ground but impacted the ground only trapping helpless air. He found she had moved from in front of him to his left. He roared and now started to attack ruthlessly but like the first each strike was a miss. He got close but roared in frustration as he was toyed with. Upon snapping at her flank he found a sharp pain as her claws raked his neck and cheek. Stumbling back he let out a betraying higher pitched roar. Having not felt pain like this in centuries.

He glared at her as his blood was slow to leak from him and was as bright green as his eyes. His claws cracked the ground beneath him as he snarled "Who are you welp! Tell me your name so i can say it after i kill you!" Deidre stood firm and said nothing. Front half crouched down ready to pounce. Her silence seemed to enrage the attacker even more than he admitted. Rushing her he shone with green fire as he leapt green flame cloaked his attacking claws. Both sets aimed to rip her throat apart. As if tempered by thousands of years of training in mere moments the timing of her response was perfection. Running forward she could have dodged the attack but jumped arching her back so her angle was perfect. Belly to belly with the now committed attacker she gripped his limbs and with a sharp pull from her wings she altered his destination. Instead of attacking something further ahead of him the black scaled dragon made an unalterable collision head first with the ground. There was a horrid cacophony of snaps. Deidre rushed away her face unlike her normal timid personality.

The cloud of dust and debris cleared showing the Trad'ur stood his left front leg snapped at the elbow. His neck looked deformed at multiple points. No doubt vertebra in multiple sections either were crushed or shattered to near jelly. But most of all he was still alive. Bleeding from many injuries. He snarled and roared out in rage at such an insulting result of battle "WHO ARE YOU!"

-- Moments before --

Deidre had been worried and tried to calm Azreal. She did care for him and Rya. She stood next to him and said softly. In a voice only he could hear even with the commotion "Take a breath and heal Az. You need it. I need you to be healed" She gave him a soft nuzzle then began to take injuries that were not lethal or serious from him. And once her job was done she rushed to Rya. She began to do the same. But Zandyr needed to do most of it. Her wounds were grievous. Her blackened scales showing that even her resistant hide was no match for what had hit her.

As her mind focused she felt the same sensation as when her Sa'Zur spoke in her mind "Deidre.....I need your help" She heard her leader and nodded even though Rya herself wouldn't see it "I know. I am here healing you with Zandyr" But she was interrupted before she could say more Rya's voice drowning hers out "No Deidre. I need you to fight. I need you to buy us time. The others cannot. Arieas will do his part. As will the flight. But i need you to awaken my dear" Deidre felt her mind begin to panic. Her? Fighting that thing! It was beyond what she thought what she could do. She was not a fighter. She couldn't. Panic rose and she felt her body shaking. Rya soon smothered such rising fears and she felt confidence. She felt......strong? Deidre shuddered as she felt the personality of the Sa'Zur be shared with her "Deidre......be confident. Be ruthless. You are a kind soul but kindness will not save them. It will not save Azreal. Fight for him" Opening her eyes they showed something nobody not even Deiudre had seen in her. Confidence, Determination, and Rage. Standing beside Zandyr Deidre did not even look at her fellow healer as she spoke "Zandyr i am going to help Arieas. Keep healing her. I will be back" Her voice being almost like her Sa'Zur. But one thing was different. She looked to Azreal. Seeing his wounds. And back at the creature who held her Ka'Zur. She only knew one thing. If one dared to touch one she loved then they will beg her for an end.

-- Present --

Deidre stepped in front of her Ka'Zur and snarled at the abomination and she felt a strange feeling rise in her. It wasn't her healing magic. That was comfort, a soft gentle sapping of energy that took everything away from someone. This was.......the direct opposite. All the pain she had endured. Everything she had suffered and suffering she spared others was brought upon the being. Instead of the wounds translating to her the magic made every injury he sustained worse. She glared and roared as every wound opened by at least a foot. Blood now draining furiously. He roared in agony and looked at her "Who are you!!!! WHO!!!!!" She never answered him as she focused all the suffering and made his wounds worse and worse. Until nearly every bone in his neck was liquid and all the blood in him lay beneath him. His eyes fading as his life ended. Deidre felt some of the suffering magic enter her again and she hissed as it stung to experience it once more.

Deidre stood quiet now closing her eyes. She had only believed her purpose was to suffer. And to be weak. Feeling the magic within her she now felt like a complete being. Not one walled in by her abilities. She now had a way to release all the suffering she had endured. She was a Pain Drinker. But also one who could finally protect her family and the one she loved. Taking a breath she turned and went to Azreal. Instead of asking she placed her head against his humming as she both tried to calm him but to also bring herself down. She had done it........and it made her give a small smile.

The world around him was so fast, he had woged again, just in time to see Valos jumped onto his fathers reanimated corpse. "Valos, NOOO", before he could finish the acid dragon had turned his father's corpse into a puddle of liquid flesh. Azrael didn't know how to feel about it, he shot towards Valos, crashing into him, Azrael, quickly clamped his talons around the acid dragon's throat, pinning him to the ground. The Vak's eyes sparked with red magic. "That.. was... My father", he suddenly realized what he was doing, he jumped off the acid dragon, not being able to look into his eyes, not knowing whether to say sorry. He turned his head to the corpse, the one who gave him life, a horrible one so far, but life none the less lay in front off him in a heap of retched puddle. One, just a single tear dripped from his eyes, something instinctual had brought it out, his heart nearly stopped as his tear splashed into Rward'ar the great's, dead, dissolved body. He needed to know where his mother and his litter mates where. Yes they had cast him out, yes they had ruined his life, yes he had cursed them horrible painful deaths, but, but, they were still his blood, and he needed to know where they were, even if it is for him to kill them, death by him was better than a being whatever this was. He whipped around to see Airease battling the Necromancer, "Airease, no don't kill him. I need answers." The toreian shook Airease off quickly. Then, to Azrael's surprise, Deirdre took his place.

She was graceful in her fight, her determination flashed red in his vision. " Deirdre, don't kill him, I beg you. I need to know where they are." He did not want to engage, he didn't know if he could control himself, he might just end up killing the Necrophiliac himself. Not that it made any difference, he thought as he saw the Necromancer fall into a heap, even in his dying breath, he looked at Azrael and smiled, knowing how much pain he was in. Azrael closed his eyes to see his grand master, but something was wrong, all around him was fire, and blood, and death. The dragon's face held a worried look that he had never seen before.

"Azrael, my boy. This is the last message you will ever receive from me. I fear that the Alliance with all its might was not able to win this war. Our comrades are dying, they have taken me for questioning, and I have been hearing them speak of a flight. You're flight I fear, they have plans for all of you Az, and I fear they are not going to be nice. Warn them for me my boy, and stay safe. I hope to see you in heaven, but not anytime soon. Remember, that you will always be my son."

When he came to, he felt a presence near him, He could sense that it was Deridre. She was trying to soothe him, and for a second, a split second, he wished he hadn't fallen in love with the dragoness. He cant speak again in this state, so he started to build back his mask of in-deference, and with great effort he was Azrael again. He opened his eyes to see deep purple staring back at him, he could get lost in them, but his face was wearing the mask. He smiled slightly at his heartlight, " Thank you so much Deirdre for you're efforts on soothing me, I feel better now", he lied to her face. He got up and addressed the flight, " My teacher spoke to me, he told me that the Alliance which held the wall that divided the north to the south, has fallen, he shot Malok a sideway glance, he knew the grandmaster well, that was why he left Azrael under the alliance when he left. These things will be coming in larger numbers now. He also told me that these Necrophiliacs have a special interest in this flight. Now whatever the hell these fuckers want from me, I am not giving it to them. I hope you feel the same Airease. He walked towards the corpses, " guess ill do the clean up on this one". With that, he closed his eyes, channeling all his emotions, his rage, his pain, his sorrow, his worry, he channeled them into his magic. The air around him started to spark with fire and electricity. He reared up and slammed his feet down, sending a blast wave, incinerating the corpses, and turning them to ash. "That ought to keep them from coming back, he said chuckling". I am going to go scout around, make sure that there are no more surprises waiting around. He turned around to look at the flight again, " I thank all of you for having me in this flight. I swear to defend you're pride with my blood and every beat of my heart."

And with that, he lifted off the ground.
Anger bubbling in his heart

Syril'th stood her ground. She witnessed, one by one, every member of this flight come to the aid of their leaders. Given different circumstances this moment would be beautiful, but presently, they needed to run. She felt her strength returning as the healers did their work and her senses were overloaded. The heart of every single dragon was beating faster than the wings of Ka'lu fleeing for their lives. The fighter's were strong. She felt Zendyr's heart was straining. All of the magic use was taking its toll on him. Her own was fluttering. Except Rya's. Her heart, although steady, was losing strength. So unrhythmic. Syril'th's thoughts were racing. She could help. Or she could fight. The massive male wyvern landed beside her and made eye contact as they precariously watched the acid dragon fight his way through the enemy. But little did they know that no matter how hard they attacked and no matter how much flesh they ripped off their bodies, they never stopped coming. Seeing the necromancer's face again brought back so much pain and rage. Maybe it would have been better if she had died on that beach. Maybe she wouldn't Have to watch another flight be in danger.

"Malok, I must help Lady Rya. Zendyr cannot take the strain on all his own. I need you, anyone, to cover us."

Syril'th crept her way to the female as the walking corpses were distracted. Decay filled all living lungs, choking the concentration from their bodies.

"Zendyr, you must let me help you. I can feel your heart urging for relief. You cannot push anymore."

Concern filled her words. Feeling the pulses of the ones she cared about fade into nothing haunted her memories. She couldn't face that pain again. Syril'th took one last look at the fight behind her as she took Rya's muzzle in her claws and began her work. She was no healer, but she learned how to use her Lightning magic to do the very same. Folding her wings into her body, she felt the electricity begin to rise in her chest. She chanted under her breath in the old Draconic tongue. Her horns hummed and her spines faintly glowed blue. Placing her forehead on Lady Rya's, she pushed the electricity into the alpha's body with the pulse of her own heart. Every noise around her faded from her mind. Her body swayed and her tail thumped in rhythm. Syril'th was in a trance all her own. She knew this sight must be sacrilegious to some but she did not care if it meant this leader could live. Syril'th felt a storm brewing in the distance. Her magic always drew one near. With a heavy breath she pushed static across Rya's body. Moving to her chest, Syril'th held her head up with her tail. Rya's head was limp, but her eyes moved faintly underneath their lids, hope. More chanting brought more electricity to her. Muzzle to chest, Syril'th let her power flow into the red queen. She felt her own strength draining the more time passed. She begun to sway harder to each side while her head remained still. Her wings unfurled and she lifted her crest to the sky. She looked to be a tree violently dancing in a spiral storm. Voices and fighting grew louder as the ritual neared completion. Syril'th opened her maw as wide as her scales would let her. And with a sudden burst of lightning. She snapped her jaws shut near Lady Rya's heart, pushing her muzzle into her blackened scales. Arcs of blue electricity danced over her body, mirroring waves of the sea. Syril'th opened her eyes and witness the beauty in the pain. She felt limp, but thought to herself.

This is the closest I can get to helping you Lady Rya. Almost a life for a life...

And with that, she struggled not to faint.

Valos couldn't help but be impressed by Deidre. The little had more to her than anyone could have realized. Between her and Airease the other attackers were being dealt with soundly. And then the world was spinning, again, and Valos had a dragon's claws at his throat. Again.
Valos stared up at Azrael curiously. Did the Vak want to fight? Now? But when Azrael spoke his words made Valos snort.
"If you had wanted that kill then you should have spoken up."
Before he had a chance to retort Azrael snapped out of his moment and fled, leaving Valos to right himself alone. He watched Azrael wander off in whatever state he was in and laughed as Azrael torched the corpses. The Vak was a volatile eruption waiting for a place to happen. Well, he wasn't a Vak any longer...

"It still doesn't change anything," Valos growled quietly. "Just one more mouth to feed in a now nomadic flight."
Valos walked out of the burning remains and shook himself, spraying droplets of venom from his quills before moving on. He stepped up next to Deidre and gave a quiet growl of approval. "Well done, little one."
Valos gave each member of the flight some attention. Each had been involved in some sort, though not all to the upmost extent. But that was why they were a flight; Not everyone had to fight when there was fighting to be done. Zendyr, for example, was best used as a healer. Valos knew that the old fart was more than capable of holding his own if he could keep focus on you, though.
But after making his way through all of the flight Valos stopped short when he saw Rya.

Despite everything that had transpired between them, it made his heart hurt to see her this way. He didn't linger long, though.
"Airease," Valos called out as he neared the Zur. "We need to be moving. Now. What is our flight path?"

Zendyr felt a foreboding tug at the very fabric of his heart and blast organ, a supposed dark whisper of a bloodied end should he persist in his endeavor to shackle the life of another to this mortal plane. However, it mattered little to the healer who was more than willing to let his own wings decorate the would-be ruins of this Drer if it meant his lieges coming out alive. But, when that dark feeling crawled ever so closer to the point that he could swear that his heart would rupture itself any moment due to the strain, Lith's voice shook him out of his despaired trance. Zendyr could find no words to express his relief as he sensed Lith's static filling the air around them. The golden healer stretched his wings above the two females as he gave rest to his blast organ in favor of releasing a gentle curtain of healing mist that cascaded down on the two like a sheet of white waterfalls just as Lith herself called down the force of a life-bringing thunder-- sun and storm working together to save their blooded red queen.

Lith's static pulses and her strangely comforting chanting filled Zendyr's thoughts, a tide of deeper admiration and respect for the storm rider swirling inside of his chest as he persevered despite the exhaustion that threatened to take him with how much mist he employed in healing Rya. If Lith, a newly inducted member, would go so far her, why should Zendyr give anything less? So, as their healing efforts escalated in a flurry of sparks dancing within a white haze, Zendyr forged onward with newfound courage and determination. Arieas and Rya welcomed him with open warms despite his blindness, refused to cast him to the dark in the name of building a stronger flight. And, he would much sooner throw himself over to the cliffside of the Iron Spires than abandon all hope for the dragons who refused to cast him aside.

The golden healer's jaw unhinged as his own archaic song melded with the storm dragon's eerie chant, causing light and shadow to seep out of him in renewed cloud bursts. The chemicals in his body mixed and frothed in a desperate effort to produce a medicine more effective to combat the death and decay that had started to claim his liege. He had sampled bits of the decayed scales before Lith joined him, and as his body rushed to find an antidote, Zendyr knew that, perhaps, they, both of them, were enough to reel Rya back from Death's fatal grasp. And, as Lith finished with a life-giving spark of her own, Zendyr followed suit with a bellowing breath as the antidote flooded from his wings in swirls of white and black.

It was at that moment, that complex crucible between life and death, that Zendyr felt as if his heart, swollen with magic, popped as though ruptured. Then, he felt an overwhelming pulse flood through his system, echoing out across the area around him as a burst of colors filled his mind. Hazy, iridescent figures manifested in blinding hues, reminding him of a life before this one. A few paces away from him, there was... a figure with a what looked like spines lining a lean, strong body encrusted with indigo scales. At the distance, there were hazy hues of violet and white. Then, just at his feet, there was the worrisome mix of red and black laying on the ground. However, there was also the comforting... sight... of a sapphire, horned individual staggering beside him, crackling with traces of electricity. His sapphire storm.

As the pulse died down, blanketing him again in darkness, Zendyr moved on plain instinct. He had seen the staggered sapphire dragon and so he moved to her side, supporting Lith against the strong column of his neck as he let out a small purr of relief.

Let me save one more. Just one more.

Zendyr released another burst of healing mist, hoping to at least rejuvenate his exhausted companion by sharing whatever trace of his own strength he could muster. And, with a low croon, he nuzzled affectionately against the crest of her head.

He couldn't see if Rya had recovered yet but when the scent of death began to waft away, Zendyr let himself relax, even for a little bit. However, when he heard Valos' voice, he couldn't help but agree.

"Valos is right, my lord," Zendyr spoke, his words intermittently jarred by bouts of fatigued pants. "A dragonflight is not found in a Drer but in each living member that calls the flight home. Everything you have accomplished, all that you have wrought, Lord Arieas... it will all be for naught if we all die here! We need to flee and live another day!"

Marahuté looked on in horror, watching as Valos and Azrael battled the walking corpses. They were hideous and unnatural and the stench of them made Marahuté's stomach roll. A nudge on her shoulder from Malok drew Marahuté's attention back to the wyvern male as he urged her to go find Aise.

Marahuté hesitated as she looked back to where Rya lay. She didn't want to leave not knowing if her mother would be okay or not. Every fiber of her being screamed for her to go to the Sa'Zur's side. But eventually she reasoned Airease was with her, he wouldn't let anything happen to his mate.

Marahuté gave a nod before turning to leap into the sky. She flew in the direction she thought she saw Aise go, her eyes scanning ground and sky for her icy sister.

"Aise!" she cried out as she flew. "Aise where are you!"

Reactions: Soverign and Mini
Aise groaned, stretching in the water. A small cloud of bubbles escaped her mouth and she pushed off the river's bottom, swimming for the surface. Her head popped out in time for her to hear her younger sister calling out for her. The ice dragon sucked in a deep breath, then let out a loud cry, alerting her sister. She swam to the bank and climbed out of the water. A few good shakes later, and the water was either frozen on Aise, or on her surroundings. Her wings flexed as she prepared to take off, and after a second, the female was in the air, heading towards where she had last heard her sister's call.

"Mara!" Aise called, swooping down to hover beside her sister. "What's happening? Why do you sound panicked? And why are Mother's defenses gone?" Her eyes scanned the surroundings, noting that the usual hum of energy that hovered around and over the Drer' grounds was gone. She sniffed the air and snorted, clawing at her nose. "Oh-yuck yuck yucky. Someone stinks like they rolled in dead bodies." Her snout wrinkled with disgust. She tilted her head and heard a familiar roar of anger and all her spines bristled. Her ears flicked back and she had to physically stop herself from streaking towards the sound. "WHY IS FATHER GOING ROAR LIKE THAT-HE ONLY DOES THAT WHEN SOMEONE CHALLENGES HIM OR ENEMIES OR SOMEONE HURT MOTHER!! DID SOMEONE HURT MOTHER???" Her tail swished through the air with anger and she shot towards the sounds, ignoring her sister's answer.

Aise studied their enemies as she drew closer, sucking in a deep breath and filling it with ice. Once she was close enough, she dived down towards the dead dragons and let loose her freeze-breath(as she called it), creating a barrier around the corpses. A last blast of ice from her mouth encased their enemies in ice. She slowly dropped out of the sky, her eyes focused on her mother on the ground. Her wings flared and she dropped onto the ice tomb, her claws digging into it. Aise's neck stretched towards Sparky(a name she had thought up for Syril'th) and the figure below her.

"Is Mother alright, Father?" She cried, her tail lashing behind her and her usually happy expression replaced with pure panic and fear. Panic over the thought that enemies had taken her second mother, and fear of losing the only family she had left. The ice dragon swarmed down the side of the ice tomb, and sprinted towards her mother. She nudged around Goldy and Sparky, curling around her adoptive mother's head.

"Mother?" She asked, her mind connecting this moment with the earliest memory she had, being abandoned by the old dragon graveyard. Her voice was small, like a scared dragonet's. "Mother? Don't leave." She tucked her wings over the larger dragon's neck and buried her snout in her scales. If anyone was paying close attention, they would notice that small pale-blue tears were running from Aiseth's eyes.

Deidre stood beside Azreal and her gaze looked upon her lord. Arieas was still. His eyes looking down at Rya. She had only recently discovered the gift of affection but she could not comprehend the loss that may have been dealt to him. He was not emotionless but almost emotionally injured as much as Rya was to her body. She had been one of the first to enter the flight due to their graces. Quickly learning their bond was long and true. Not perfect yet was is their own way. She approached knowing the words of her fellow flight mates Valos and Zandyr were to be heard. She stopped bowing her head slightly "My lord we need to go. This place is not safe. Maybe nowhere is safe. But at the very least we know they have our scent and should not stay here" She did not look up after addressing Arieas but knew his eyes had moved from Rya to her. He took a deep breath and nodded "I am aware my flight. This place is not our home any longer. However i myself do not know where to go. Rya.....she does. I ask a moment please" After gently ushering the others away he wanted to be beside her. He had not wanted to move Aise or Mara from their mother. They had just as much right to stand beside her as he. But he needed to know the path. And his mind alone was not wise enough to know the path.

Laying down beside her he placed his snout against the crest of her head. Entering her mind it was a mess. It was clouded with the panic and tired energy of a dragon who had been on the brink of death. If it weren't for the help of Zandyr, Deidre, and Lith she would have indeed met that fate. Pushing in he reached out "Rya wake up" Her mind was conscious yet half was in turmoil. Split between a comatose state and a panicking soul wanting to run. He reached in and with a guiding claw he brought the panic low slowly melding the pieces together. He was not good with magic. He only attempted what he felt was right. Hope was all he went on. Hope that he could wake her. Once he had calmed some of the panic and dormant sections in her mind it soon began to brighten. Like a sun peaking the horizon in a sudden movement he heard her "Has anyone ever told you not to tamper with another dragons head?" He heard her say. Knowing if she was awake her features would hold a smirk. Letting out a snort of amusement he responded "Bit soon to make jokes after nearly dying wouldn't you say?" After adjusting their world was brought to their mental oasis. And both their forms were present in the fields of their memories. She looked down at her chest. The blackened scales that once were the evidence of her injuries was now a brighter pinkish set of scales. Young and needing time to grow into her ruby armored hide "Well someone needs to. I will be waking soon. You knew that though" Arieas nodded "Zandyr is exceptional in his duties. He and his fancy did well on healing you. But we cannot stay here. You know this as does the flight" Rya took in a breath and she said nothing more. But rather her memories showing him the path. Arieas's eyes widened at her desired destination and tilted his head "Last time we spoke of there you never wanted to return. Even on pain of death" Rya gave a reluctant nod of agreement "But they are the only ones i know of who will know of what we face. Tell the others" Arieas smiled and soon they were pulled from their bond world and int he real one.

Standing up the Ka'Zur went quickly assigning duties
"Listen and listen well. We are to depart very soon. We must prepare for a long journey. Most will be constant flying so be prepared to go for days without rest. And ever watchful for our new enemies. Zandyr, i want you to rest and gain as much strength as possible. You as well Syril'ith. Deidre, you and Azreal will patrol the perimeter. Malok, i need you and Valos to do something.....i would rather not do but it is required. Malok i need you to heat up the supports on the Drer and Valos melt them completely. Bring it down. Make it seem like all who were here died or were taken. The longer we get without those things finding us the better. Aise, Mara. Keep close to your mother. She will wake any moment now and i need you two there so she doesn't.....get to stubborn. Thinking she can do something. I will get food i can find so those who are weakest can feed. You have your orders. Go" Turning to Rya he opened his wings and flew away. In search for a meal before the long flight. They would all need it badly.

As Rya came to she grunted in annoyance as pain flared across her chest. She slowly tried to move and felt several sore and tensed joints pop and she returned to lay on her side falling over. Only giving a growl of annoyance as she attempted to get up again.

As he flew by Valos, he heard him mutter about how the Vak was an eruption waiting to happen, and how he was only just one more mouth to feed. He slowed down to meet his eyes, his face showed an ever so small smile. "Valos, the good thing is that I havent erupted yet, and if I have not erupted yet, I'm sure i wont any time soon. And also, I can feed myself thanks." Of all the dragons in the pack, Valos had seemed the most hostile towards him. Did he really care ? Nope. But he hoped one day they could get to know eachother. Because he couldnt shake seeing himself in the acid dragon.

Azrael scouted the surrounding area quickly, he realized that being alone only made things worse. He returned to the flight and heard the arguments to leave the drer. " Airease, they are right, if i may, from a geological standpoint we dont have much advantages here. The cliffs to the east mean that they have a high ground if they attack from there. To the west is the swamp, that is going to hinder our escape, and it's a good place for an ambush. We can regroup, find a better place." Azrael looked at Airease and suddenly realized the pain he must be in. He looked down to Rya, she lay, recovering, he could tell she was in a lot of pain.

He wished he could do something to ease the pain. Alas, he had no skill at being a healer. His job was to kill, never needed to heal someone, they were either killed or they survived until the allaince wall. He looked around to see the flight, they were all tired from the excitement, worried, and suffering. He walked towards Malok, " umm, I dont know how to say this, but grandmaster Gia'r, I fear he is no more. The allaince was struck down, they could not hold." His mask kept him completely shrouded from his emotions. And with the absence of them, reason began to flood his mind.

His father died, it was infront of him. He had done nothing for Azrael, infact, this flight which he had spent only a night with had given him so much more than an entire childhood at his father's flight. The least he could do was forget his past, forget his parents, his sibling. What is family ? It is a people one can go to and be himself, they were not his family. These people could be. Airease began to give orders, and his was to patrol the perimeter, he had done a quick scam but a full checkup would be nice. "Yes, Airease I can do that." He saw Rya slowly getting up.

Azrael suddenly thought of something he walked close to Rya, minding the 2 children by her side, he knelt down beside her, " I might not be able to do any healing on you Sa'Zur. But, I might be able to give you a little boost." with that he channeled his woge, as he turned black he put his paw on top of Rya's, he felt a feeling as if something was being sucked out of his skin, he looked down to see the magic, running from his veins into Rya's body. Rya was a master of magic, magic ought to boost her strength atleast a bit. He kept his paw on for a bit more, until he felt like his heart was about to be sucked out. Then he retreated.

He backed up to where he stood beside Deirdre. This time his head faced high with his confidence running freely without hindrance from his emotions. Azrael took the time to open up a little to the dragoness, who made him feel things he didnt even know was possible to feel for a mutant like him. " You know, Deridre. I had a rough childhood, then I was recruited into the allaince. I finally broke the wheel and came off to join you're pack. Now one of the dra'gurs valos killed was my father who abandoned me, and right after that I learn that the guy who was a real father to me is also dead. So pardon me if I was acting a little strange earlier. Kind of a lot to handle right now, but I'm dealing with it. Gotta say you were a spectacle out there today." That was how long his mask lasted, then it broke, and he held with his dear life, pride, and strength to hold himself from exploding into a gazillion fragments of emotion that would surely make him loose his mind.

" So shall we get a move on ? I don't know you're territory well". With that he lifted up, waiting for Deridre to lead the way.

Reactions: Mini
As she stumbled to catch her balance, Syril'th noticed a haze of white and black fade around her. Lady Rya's chest was raw from the impact of her electricity, but her hide smelled healthy, beating back the scent of death. Zendyr's magic was more than she realized as well. If it weren't for her disorientation, the feeling of awe would be overtaking her. Everything moved in slow motion. Her breathing sounded like it was underwater. Her eyesight struggled to focus. Yet she felt her energy being restored. As she looked up, wobbly like a newly hatched dragon, Syril'th took in the sight of a golden shade embracing her and Rya. Breathing in deeply, she felt her muscles being refreshed. She turned to his direction. Her golden liege appeared strained himself. He did not seem to be quite all there as he neared the extent of his magical ability.

"Zendyr....Zendyr can you hear me? I'm here."

For the slightest second, his eyes looked into hers. Not through her, but at her. His icy pupils dilated, his sight directly on Syril'th, as if he could see her, really see her. Her heart fluttered within her chest. A nervous wave briefly flushed over her. In another time and place, they would be hidden away from the world together in their own Drer, their own hunting grounds, and maybe with their own flight. But dreams were dreams and the real world was right in front of them, gruesome and unforgiving to the naive and wishful.

She noticed his gaze cloud again as he moved toward her. Syril'th fell into him as he supported her against his body. With one last hopeful effort, she felt him wash her with what little healing reserves he had left. Zendyr rested his head on hers. She felt at peace despite the circumstances. Syril'th answered his affectionate croon with her own hushed song. Being witness to the bond between Lord and Lady, it gave her hope that she had found her own. His pulse echoed in her ear like a primordial lullaby. It calmed her. A mother's heartbeat is the first a dragon hears, and the last is their mate's.

Reluctantly pulling her head away from his chest, Syril'th saw each and every dragon on the brink of feeling desolate and over exerted. They needed to fly. To where? She did not know. But this flight of dragons was all she had left. They were all each other had left. She whispered into the air between them, unsure if he could hear her.

"I vow to protect you with every scale on my hide, with every fang and claw. I will be the wings on your side if you'd have me be. And no enemy shall threaten that."

Crippling exhaustion crushed against the golden healer's shoulders. The weight of such intense magic usage threatened to overtake his remaining senses, and when his liege commanded him to rest and regain his strength, Zendy was all too eager to comply. It had been a long time since he felt this intensity of fatigue like he had just soared across the entire Ocean of Ash with his breathing jarred by intermittent tremors. Zendyr wouldn't call himself weak as he was confident in his healing abilities. Rather, what hit Rya was just an edge beyond his current capacities. That thing, remorseless and spiteful, had every intention of killing the Red Queen with that one single attack. It was almost as if Rya's life force was being corroded from within whilst her scales began to kill itself in an effort to relieve the decaying pain that struck her. And, while Zendyr was never one to boast of his own powers, he had an inkling of a thought that if he and Lith hadn't worked together, their flight would have obtained another widowed dragon. It was also a stroke of luck that his body was able to suppress and counteract that decaying attack, his cells and chemicals producing the antidote after countless cells had died in trying to contain the deathly aroma.

"She will be fine, Aise," Zendyr allowed a chuckle to escape his fangs as he tried to offer a gentle toothy grin at the smaller dragon. "Our Red Queen will live. Exhausted, but she persevered."

However, rather than pride filling his chest at having proven to Arieas of his indispensable position in the flight, Zendyr found that all he felt was a newfound purpose and a sense of dread. Now, more than ever, he had to start training and improving himself again. Centuries had passed and all Zendyr did was laze around all day with no thought of honing his healing abilities. This encounter jolted the healer back to their grim reality that should his healing prowess prove inefficient, it was going to be another life lost on his conscience. Zendyr pledged that he would start training again until he was better than ever before.

"My lord," Zendyr willed himself to turn to Arieas with a bow. "I will have to take up on your offer. I will just... rest. Do wake me once we are ready to move."

While unbelievably fatigued, Zendyr was able to haul himself to a nearby oaken shade but not before letting his tail swipe against Lith's before he timidly turned his head in her direction. His throat was far too pained to speak any longer, so he settled for a low rumble in what seemed like a subtle expression of gratitude. In his mind, he had wanted her to curl up against him, assure the golden dragon that they had just survived a brutal attack from the warmongering dead. To remind him that he was not alone. But, he feared of her revulsion, that she would view such a request as an affront to their still budding friendship, or something to that extent.

So, as his legs gave up under him and his wings drooped over his body, Zendyr let the tides of sleep begin to pull him under. His pale eyes closed in surrender.

This attack on their flight marked a new chapter in their lives. Never before had Arieas' pack been threatened like this, but to stay in one location was definitely the worst mistake to be made. And, while this new dawn brought with it the tendrils of darkness, it also had its silver rays of moonlight amidst the dark: two new flight members and one dragoness that had begun to worm her way towards his fractured heart.

Marahuté gave a soft crooning sound, barely hearing her Alpha's words. Only that she and Aise were to stay close to Rya for when she woke up. She would wake up. That meant that she would be okay, right?

Hardly noticing everything else that was going on around her, Marahuté moved so that she lay close beside her mother. She nuzzled at the Sa'Zur's muzzle softly.

"Please wake up," Marahuté whispered as tears filled her eyes, her words barely audible.

Aise whimpered and shuffled her wings, the heat from the sun shining uncomfortably on her scales. The ice dragon didn't move though, and touched Mara's head briefly, to show that she was there. A small crooning noise bubbled out of her throat.

"Little sister..." Aise whispered. "Mother will be fine, right Father?" She raised her head and glanced at the large dragon directing the other dragons about. Her eyes were drawn back to Rya as she stirred. "Mother! Don't move! Father says you need to rest!" Aise pushed Rya's head back down and growled softly, but with no malice or anger in it. "Stay down Mother!" She yelped.

Aise's eyes tracked Birdy as he stepped forward and said a few words to the Sa'Zur then stepped away. Her head tilted and looked back at Rya, who looked slightly better? Aise licked her mother's cheek and giggled softly. "Mother! You'll be fine in a while!" She nuzzled the red-scaled female and smiled softly at the Sa'Zur.

It had taken a short while for Arieas to gather the necessary food. Many of the wildlife had seen the effects of the beings they fought. Dead and dying Fen'zi in nearly all their hunting areas. But what he returned with he hoped was enough. Carrying a young armored Fen'zi and several blue Fen'zi. Landing he quickly went about giving the food to those who needed it. And though he had left Zandyr to sleep he needed to wake him. Reluctantly nudging the mistwalker the Ka'Zur placed the more sizable piece for him. And one of similar size for Rya. The rest wasn't much but small meals. Though he showed the strong face on the outside he felt the cold itching of fear down his spine. Moving by Rya he smiled at his daughters how they loved her. Though it was brought by a terrible event even now the love they have forged remains strong. The red dragoness before him smiled softly "Many thanks my dear. We should depart once the meals are consumed. It will take many days to reach our goal" Aireas sat back on his haunches as he watched his mate try and eats slowly "We will not stay here long enough for night to fall. We will need to be long gone by then" Though she didn't say it he felt her mental agreement. Once done he gently nuzzled his daughters reconnecting the bonds they shared.

Walking over to Zandyr he watched the once ruthless warlord and their newest thunder warrior. He smiled at them "You handled yourself well Zandyr and i thank you for your selflessness. Without it i would be a broken dragon this day. I will repay such kindness in time my friend. But please eat what you can keep down. And rest as much as you can. We will be leaving soon. Before the sun's light begins to fade" Though he needn't say anything he already knew their new warrior would watch over Zandyr. Walking from them he sat at the highest point around the group. His ever watchful eyes looking for danger.

Though Rya wanted to get up under the weight of her daughters she felt pinned. Physically she could force her way to stand with them on her. But their voices had pinged her heart. They always had this chink in her armor. She nuzzled them both humming the same loving melody she had when raising them both. Her glorious daughters are her pride and joy. Though not of her blood she had never been so happy to be around them "I will be fine my dears. But maybe....not laying on me would help Aise" she said teasingly. Playfully joking with them had been one of the few times she did so. And it was special to her as she tried to get their smiles to appear. Even as she felt pain she wanted her daughters to smile. She would be fine as long as she could manage that at least.