Flow of RP

C

Citizen

Original poster
At first, the roleplay was going along just fine. There wasn't exactly a plot (it was a jump-in), but we were getting sort of intense with the plot. And then new people come in, some people don't come back, therefore making the RP turn to a different direction. I find it quite difficult to follow the flow now, and it seems like it was lost altogether. Help?

There "wasn't a plot", but "the plot was getting intense"?

Whut?

Jump in is a bit risky, you never know what will happen because new people can jump in at any time and people maybe disappears because they don't think it was as fun as they thought it would be. If you want structure and want to know a bit better what is going to happen then you shouldn't do a jump in. Rather post an idea in signup and plot discussion or roleplay talk, then you know that it will be more structured.

I think Jump in is something that is really hard to get into right away, you have to learn how to do it. I were really confused in the beginning, and it still confuses me many times xD

If you want to try to restore the flow and the direction in the jump in you are in now, try to make your character do something or say something that can take the other characters attention, try to lead them into the direction you want the roleplay to go. It may not work though, depending on how their characters are like and such. As I said, jump in is a bit risky if you have a plan, because it NEVER goes as planned.

I can understand this aggravation so I'll take my best guess at how to help, though I think Redblood^ has a good insight.

From what I understand, it was a jump in with no original intent as far as the plot is regarded, but under the original cast it was developing into something more outlined. If certain members have left and new ones have joined, you can try to preserve the integrity and carry it on as redblood suggested. For that I would make sure the old posters are not returning, maybe use their disappearances/deaths to influence the plot, and then steer the newcomers as best you can. Alternatively, you could always abandon the original plot entirely; I believe it would depend on what the plot is to determine how feasible / believable doing this is, but it can be achieved if you work it correctly. If the collection of newcomers seems to be little more than chaos, try to create a string of thought and see which follow you, if you don't mind those not actively following it to branch into their own segments. If they are disruptive in anyway, i'd politely ask them what their goals and intent is. ^^