Flinstones remake by the guy who made Family Guy

Orochi

GET OFF MY LAWN :E
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Flinstones-seth-macfarlane_20110516192823.jpg]

EXCLUSIVE: Seth MacFarlane is one of the busiest creatives in show business -- and he just got a lot busier. I've just learned that he's finally realized one of his life's ambitions: to reboot The Flintstones as a TV and film property. My scoop today follows years of very complicated negotiations between 20th Century Fox TV, where McFarlane is based, and Warner Bros Television, which owns the rights to the series after absorbing The Flintstones' famed producer Hanna-Barbera. Not only did the suits have a ton of deal points to work through, but I hear the "Yabba Dabba Doo" prehistoric family sitcom's rightholders were somewhat concerned how the classic series would be interpreted given MacFarlane's brand of raunchy comedies like Family Guy. (But, if you ask me, Universal's dreadful Flintstones films were the real abomination ...) So here are all the Hollywood players who had to unentangle this mess: MacFarlane's attorney Jim Jackoway, WME's Ari Emanuel and Greg Hodes; 20th Century Fox TV's Gary Newman, Ira Kurghan, and Howard Kurtzman; and Warner Bros Television's Peter Roth, Brett Paul and even Bruce Rosenblum. There's no broadcast date as of yet, but the reboot will air on Fox.

source: http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/yab...ally-gets-go-ahead-to-reboot-the-flintstones/

Let the rage-o-tron begin, gentlemen.

Good to hear. I think McFarlane's style of animation and comedy (ignoring the raunchy bits) should be a good way to breathe life into it.

Yes, let's give the classic cartoon over to the guy whose claim to fame is a show that isn't funny. Brilliant!

I never liked Flintstones to begin with. .___.;

I was more of a Jetsons kid.

I do love Seth MacFarlane though, American Dad aaand Family Guy. So I'll probably give it a chance. :3

If it has the Family guy humor, I will enjoy it.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--Nah, I don't care. I'm adopting a wait and see approach here.

If I gave a shit I wouldn't belong in Insanity.

I rage at everything, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

._. My own reservations about having Seth McFarlane create the Flinstones reboot aside, why must every-fucking-thing be remade?

Seriously; get some new ideas, you lazy fucks.

._. My own reservations about having Seth McFarlane create the Flinstones reboot aside, why must every-fucking-thing be remade?

I think if they tried to come up with anything, the influences they draw upon would be remarked about and people would be saying "This is just like X, I liked X better because of Y reasons. This new Z show sucks and I hate it 4 life"

I was more of a Jetsons kid.

YES!

At least they're not doing YET ANOTHER Scooby Doo reboot. (I did however like the most recent one, cool art, overarching story and all that jazz)

Uninterested.

Family guy has easily forgettable humor for me.

Big potential for easy cash.