1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Given the creative leaning to what I assume is a hobby that we all have in common, I imagine that most of us were daydreaming little kids. What kinds of fantasies did you cook up as a kid?

As a corollary, one specific type of daydreaming that it turns out most kids have in common is some kind of creature/character that keeps them company by running alongside the car on car trips. Did you have one of these?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
OH BOY DID I

I always imagined a dragon flying right by the car, jumping over all the other cars and waving at me as it did so. So much fun.

This is going to sound horrifying, but apparently I’m not the only one who thought this. Oh boy, I’m actually laughing while typing this.

When I really young, I used to always imagine this naked man running on all fours as he ran along our car. Not really sure why he was naked, but knowing how demented my imagination was when I was kid, I probably just thought the concept of it was hilarious.

I always imagined rp characters leaping spider man style from sign to sign or tree to tree. Never an animal or anything, always people. It was neat to think about. I still do that when I ride along on long trips.

The moon was my friend and we would have conversations. 8D I also liked daydreaming about cool stuff I saw.

I daydreamed that invisible animals pulled cars along. Anything from zebras to flamingos to giraffes. I did imagine things next to the car, which was mostly animals as well.

Now sometimes on car rides if I see an animal I'll try to imagine what it's like from their perspective. Like how the road would look from a bird's eye view. Or maybe how a field looks from a rabbit's point of view. Fun stuff.

I also often daydream about plot ideas in general. A lot of brainstorming. What sucks is if I'm with someone during these daydreams I tend to accidentally zone them out and have to ask them to repeat themselves.

I still imagine that at times, does that mean I’m still a kid?

Mine is a person. He is just a shadow and there are no other distinguisable marks to him, but I decided it is a he.

When I was unable to sleep as a kid I imagined these floating lights of all sorts of colours to surround me. Red, green, blue (those were the most common...) kinda like fireflies. I remember telling this to my brother and to a friend/cousin who used to sneak into my room when they were unable to sleep and trying to show it to them. I don’t think they saw or understood what I was describing, but they were nice enough to play along and listen to me excitedly talk about my little pixels of colours and then fall asleep to my jabbering on about them.

I never had an imaginary friend, but boy did I used to make up all sorts of adventures as a kid.

We used to take a lot of trips between Montreal and Toronto while I was a child, all the way to my teens. There's lots of small forests that'd fly by as we drove on the highway. I'd always have thoughts of what kind of adventures people could go on in a forest, or perhaps someone on a remote island (when we'd pass by 1000 islands). I'd end up making characters and whole stories, though they'd be quite cliche XD Needless to say though, I love adventure/survival stories since that time, most of them coming to life through these daydreams.

Last edited:
I loved car rides as a kid because those long silences were the perfect opportunity to daydream. Sometimes I'd see a cluster of trees on a hill and at the right angle, it would look like a dinosaur bounding towards the highway, or a tree might look like an angel with its upturned branches for wings. Or I might look at the clouds during sunset, right when the sky turns orange, and see what looks like a cherub-shaped cloud slowly turn into something evil-looking, with horns and a tail and all. I'd also look at the people I saw on the streets and base characters on them, or imagine stories with them in it.

It was a nice way to pass the time.

Edit: Oh, and we had these abstract tiles at home that I liked to look at. If you look at them hard enough, you start to see an image. Like a very thin woman with a lightning bolt in her hand, a child lost in the forest, that sort of stuff. It was fun making up stories for them.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper and Greenie