LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
Writing Levels
  1. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences

Once a year its shadow passes over the Riven Realms. And on that day the people look up and see their smile reflected.

The Brightsmile has orbited for generations, as constant as the sun and moons. Festivals are held to celebrate its passing. Docks are built to service and trade with it. And all who watch its voyage see opportunity.

For not only does the mystical airship carry the treasures of known and fabled lands... but also offers neutral ground from the laws and squabbles below. Those who seek to escape their lives, if only for a season, may buy safe passage aboard the Brightsmile.

But even the most whimsical passenger must be prepared... for the strange places the ship might take them.

IC LINK

THE THREE COMMANDMENTS
  • Thou shalt pay homage to the Fantasy genre
  • Thou shalt prepare thyself to have any offhanded comment folded into the world-building
  • Thou shalt not wreath thyself in the hole of yon ass.

CURRENT CAST
  • Caelcrust (Crusty) - the captain and inventor of the Brightsmile. He's generously awful awfully generous.
  • Eolanthe - an unattended 9 year-old on her way to boarding school. She's got an eye for ghosts detail.
  • Riya - a quirky mystic who roams the ship. She's keeping everything powered real.

DECEASED CAST
  • Entei - a grieving arcanist. He's mysterious and spooky curious and kooky.
  • Crask - a captain from another dimension. He's on the prowl for hot airships dogs.
  • Ashval - a birdperson seeking artifacts. His accent motivation is inconsistent.
  • Zazzy - a drunkard wot got stuck here. He's a cool dead dead cool guy.
  • Vessyr - an adventurous apprentice mage. He's got kills to time time to kill aboard the ship.
  • Jet - a feisty werepanther lost in the orcs' backyard. She's trying to restrain the human beast within.
  • Cima - a spunky cat burglar. She's on the run and here for fun.
  • Fenne - a mercenary for hire. She's a fine seller of swords sellsword.
  • Joss - a dragon/lizard/scaly thing. She's next in line for the throne buffet table.
  • Kash - that one guy with the mechanical arm. He's killed thrilled a bunch of people.
  • Magolor - a naughty teleporty shorty. He's here to claim our souls for Space Satan repair his ship.
  • Aloy - a boisterous bleached blind bird bard. He's a Stevie Wonder to behold.
  • Ives - ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. Ya hai kadishtu ep r'luh-eeh Nyogtha eeh.
  • Sera - a mage who is friend to all non-avians. Her exploiting of the deads will become legendary.
  • Karen - the health inspector. She wants to speak to the fundamental inconsistencies of the roleplay manager.
  • Neirie - a shapeshifting dancer. She's here to make an immediate demise impact.
  • Limbo - a time traveling busybody. He knows how to freshen up the plot food.
  • Nixies - an arachnoid fungi farmer/wrangler. The eruption is the only worst thing that's ever happened to him.
  • U'Saanvi - a feline beastwoman captured by the orcs while fleeing her village. Best known for swimming dancing with fire.

THINGS WE'VE ESTABLISHED ABOUT THE SETTING
  • There was an airship. It's gone now. :(
  • Lots of people died, and it was NOT the captain's fault. There seems to be an orcish VOLCANO CULT that caused the ship to get knocked out of the sky by an eruption. Also, there was a mix-up at a time travel agency, which made everything worse. Anyway, lots of people died.
  • There are orcs around the volcano. They seem to worship it. They don't like tourists.
  • The captain's vision is based on movement.
  • A disgrontificator rifle does not remove gronts from its target.
  • A disgrontificator rifle duplicates the sgrontific count of its target.
  • The orcs have an underground town, full of secrets (and orcs).

CURRENTLY FLYING OVER
  • Err... well... we WERE flying over the Zangheri Mountain, where an ancient titan creature was buried. There is an eruption here every 13 years which throws precious metals and creature parts into the sky. The Brightsmile crashed and burned while attempting to harvest some of this fallout. We are now underneath the volcano, running through the tunnels as lava (and orcs) dribble after us.

Last edited:
CHARACTER TEMPLATE

Code:
[center][b][u]NAME[/b][/u] :[size=10]

[/size][/center][b][u]APPEARANCE[/b][/u] :

[b][u]IS DEFINITELY NOT[/u][/b] : [s]

[/S][B][U]IS DEFINITELY[/b][/u] :

[b][u]SOMETHING INTERESTING[/u][/b] :

[b][u]SOMETHING NOT AT ALL INTERESTING[/u][/b] :

Last edited:
NAME :
Caelcrust

APPEARANCE :

IS DEFINITELY NOT : A malevolent soul-snatching alien.

IS DEFINITELY : A philanthropist wishing to share his fantastic voyage with creatures of note.

SOMETHING INTERESTING : He has a golden symbol above his head, which changes according to his moods.

SOMETHING NOT AT ALL INTERESTING : He gets anxious when diners leave food on their plates.

Last edited:
NAME: Cima

IS DEFINITELY NOT: A smart-ass waif on the run who's smuggled herself aboard the Brightsmile.

IS DEFINITELY: A badass cat burglar par excellance who absolutely belongs on this airship, yes sir.

SOMETHING INTERESTING: She once managed to crack the supposedly impenetrable safe of Overboss Ricket, the nastiest crime lord in all of New Chernoborg. Then got away with it because no-one believed she was capable of it.

SOMETHING NOT AT ALL INTERESTING: She claims the scar on her nose is from a knife fight. Which is definitely the truth, honest guv.

Last edited:
Name :
Entei

APPEARANCE :

IS DEFINITELY NOT : A selfish walking purse, researching and practicing questionable magics.

IS DEFINITELY : A man in grief looking for distraction and a good meal.

SOMETHING INTERESTING : He's a pioneer in an emergent field of magic that maybe he invented.

SOMETHING NOT AT ALL INTERESTING : He enjoys fine dining and one of his favorite ingredients is mushrooms.

NAME : Fenne

APPEARANCE :
dea0a1dd03aa05c38693feb7368245a3.jpg

IS DEFINITELY NOT : A failed excuse for a bodyguard with a cursed heirloom who's looking to get as far away as possible from the noble family who hired her.

IS DEFINITELY : A resourceful sellsword who knows that the best place to find new clientele is aboard a treasure-laden pleasure cruise.

SOMETHING INTERESTING : That thing about her being a sellsword is doubly true because she traded the family blade for cash in order to secure her spot aboard the Brightsmile. Is that not interesting enough? Well, remember, the sword is a wee bit cursed and Fenne is about to find out just what that entails now that she's foisted it off for pocket change.

SOMETHING NOT AT ALL INTERESTING : She's always filling up journals with drawings of and observations about plants.

Aaaaaagh!

Okay, I'll throw an opening together.

Well, so far I have no complaints about the quality of the writing.

Testing, testing. Is this thing dead?

Edit: I was in a hurry but I realized my char sheet had kind of missed the point of all this. Ambiguity. It looks like this is dead too. So there's that.

Last edited:
27c4e322c0642e3d05d3234c3b260899.jpg

NAME :
Azazel 'Zazzy' Croft
IS DEFINITELY NOT :
A mostly dead runaway soldier.
IS DEFINITELY :
A charismatic drunkard that accidentally stumbled onto the ship.
SOMETHING INTERESTING :
Things tend to... levitate ...around him when he isn't paying attention.
SOMETHING NOT AT ALL INTERESTING :
He gets stressed out at the idea of dripping anything on his white tie when he eats.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dvyniai
Oh snap, I didn't get any alerts. It's been about a month so I don't know if it's over before it began but I'll write up a post for the IC tonight.

Yay for possible aliveness?

I'll say it again. The writing so far has been awesome. That last post was perfection.

I'm not sure if this rp is still happening. I'm assuming so from the previous post, but can't actually see anything when I follow the IC link so it may be hidden? Anyhow if this is still up and running I'm interested in throwing my hat into the ring

I am also interested but as Jhuton said, the IC link only shows an introductory post.

...I genuinely don't remember getting notified that this was live.

But fuck it, let's get the ball rolling: HAVE YOU A POST.

Also Asmo, you've posted the IC in the Redstar forums. Why have you done this Asmo. Why.

Where can I say "fuck"? I wanna be in the forum where you can say "fuck".