1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences

’Cover the cable races,’ her boss had told her. 'It is an easy enough job', he had claimed. And easy it was, in the general sense. Finding the location where the races would happen wasn’t difficult, people talked and being one of the crowd Thomas had never had difficulty in following the cable races. What was more difficult was to actually get there. Even for someone as unstoppable as Thomas.

Clambering her arms around the edge Thomas pulled up with a groan, rolling over with deep breath as she laid sprawled out over the roof. With the cables not designed for human traffic it made sense that there was no easy path to reach them. The trainee had to climb and jump her way up, at the same time having to make sure that no one spotted her, as climbing buildings was definitely against the laws. Not that the female ever had much regard for them, but she would like to stay out of prison for as long as possible.

The turnout was small, most of the public being racers themselves that were in for some entertainment. After all, there was a new flashy racer in town and everyone wanted to see this rising star. It was why Thomas was here, because despite all of the measurements of the city to discourage cable racing it was still the sport of Golden City.

“Wanna gamble?” a voice piped up above Thomas, turning her eyes up she saw a young male of around her age. With his long bangs and even longer hair he had an exotic look to him, despite wearing the clothes that were common around the youth here. Staring dumbly Thomas wondered if this was the Mole, the gambler notorious within the city for scamming his people. “I’d put my gamble on Raven,” he smirked and Thomas reached for her pocket, wondering if she had remembered to bring any money.

“Will a coin do?” she asks, flashing the gold piece in hands. The male smiled, crouching down next to her with a ballot, in another hand he held a box that ringed with the sound of money with every move.

“Sure, though there is a heavy wind today.”

Thomas ignored him. The mole was interesting any other day, but also easy to find and above all, already known to the public. The Raven however was more elusive, unknown. If Thomas could only manage to catch a glimpse of the racer, just enough for a story so she could get that promotion she wanted secured.

@DayDreamer

Last edited:

The Raven; The Land; Starting rooftop
Raven had snuck out of the house, dressed in black leather coat and vest. A short black cape with red underside hung loosely from her right shoulder and her soft boots barely made a sound as she effortlessly climbed and jumped her way on the roof where the race was about to start. Her hood pulled down to hide her hair and most of her face from the sides, she was quick to equip her breathing mask, especially decorated with ravens to suit her racing persona, so what if it so happened that was also her true name? Nobody would ever suspect that.

With a confident stride she made her way over to the crowd of fellow racers. She wondered what tonight's course would be like, but she was here to make some money no matter what the organizers would throw at them/
----
OOC Note:
Whenever Raven goes cable racing, she binds her developing chest and changes her voice as to appear like a masked young man instead of a girl. It throws nosey reporters and sore losers off her tracks. Also, short post is short, but should get the ball rolling[/hr]

Thomas held little interest for cable racing. The extreme sport that was practiced within Golden City wasn’t much more than an adrenaline shot that the female could get in plenty of different ways. However, in the light of her assignment the reporter had thrown herself into the required research to make up a decent report later that didn’t scream ‘ignorant’ to the public.

This exact research of hers had lead to some interesting findings. First, Thomas would have a decent career in cable racing with her build. Light and lanky, able to make speed, but won’t be pulled out of the track by a sudden gush. Second, strong arms, which Thomas lacked for now but could train. An obvious one, in hindsight, seeing as the racers hung onto the cables with their arms. Third; boots. Heavy shoes would help with the landing and the start, but also to create more speed as they worked as weights if one knew how to move their legs.

And so the female could go on for a little more. However, she wasn’t here to recite the theories she had studied once more. She was here to find a specific person and Thomas had a feeling that she had hit the jackpot.

Dark and tall, lanky as well, obviously still a teen seeing the weird and awkward angles of the body. Moving through the crowd Thomas tried to get near to the Raven, her pen tapping on the shoulder of the popular racer.

“I put one golden coin on you. I expect it back or I’m afraid that I will go hungry,” the female joked at the other, squinting her eyes a little to see past the shadows of the hood and the mask that covered the Raven. No luck, it seemed.

“Anyway,” Thomas sighed her eyes trailing over the rest of the outfit, “are you planning to fly to the finish?” She pointed at the cape that the figure was wearing. “It looks fancy, hands down, but inefficient,” Thomas continued to muse as she clicked her pen. “Feeling that confident?” she continued to beam before realising that she was probably overwhelming the other with her ramblings.

“Sorry, Thomas Baris, pleased to meet you.” Sticking her hand out for a handshake the journalist gave the Raven a good smile.

• Sweet
Reactions: Spekkun

The Raven; The Land; Starting rooftop
Being preoccupied with assessing her competition, Raven hadn't realized that someone was coming over with the intention of speaking to her. She was a fairly new racer and most of the people here were more experienced and didn't bother with greeting newcomers. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to come face to face with a...... was it a guy or was it a girl? For the life of her she couldn't really tell, but when the person spoke, she knew it was a she.

The unidentified female squinted at Raven, obviously trying to see the face behind the mask, but Raven had gone to a great deal of trouble to make sure that that wasn't going to be easy, if at all possible. The barrage of questions and the way she clicked her pen screamed reporter from miles. Was she really that interesting to the newspapers already? Or was this a way to distract her and size her up? Raven's eyes narrowed in suspicion, but she took the offered hand in a firm and strong handshake. "I never do anything without a reason in a race. You'll see the purpose of the cape soon enough. Worried for your money are you a nosey reporter?" She asked in a deeper voice that she had practised to pass as a teen boy instead of a girl.

----
OOC Note:
Whenever Raven goes cable racing, she binds her developing chest and changes her voice as to appear like a masked young man instead of a girl. It throws nosey reporters and sore losers off her tracks. Also, short post is short, but should get the ball rolling[/hr]

• OMG
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
"Both," Thomas cracked a smile at Raven. "As I mentioned, I gotta eat," she followed before pulling out a block, taking down a few quick notes of the things she observed of the racer. "I also work at the Golden Times. Well, intern, but hopefully you will help me get an actual job." The female wasted no time in getting straight to the point, confident that she was going to get a story out of Raven one way or another. The way the racer dressed to the way they spoke and moved. Thomas was intrigued in both a familiar way and also just plain curiosity for the world of cable racing itself.

"First, you suddenly popped up between the cable racers. Are you new to the city, or did you suddenly decide to join the excitement?" Thomas didn't wait for Raven's reaction as she popped her first question. "What about cable racing makes you come back?" she fired off another one, knowing that Raven may not want to answer the questions and walk off angry instead. Something she couldn't afford.