Fleuryn

The easiest way ran along the coast. Cien's hooves dug chunks of earth with every beat. The sun blazed warm on her skin, just as the cool air whipped back her hair. It had not taken her long to collect her things. She lived a very spartan life, even for a Za. Partially because she could be called to a new post at anytime, although the true reason was that her father had scorned any material items, and impressed the feeling onto her. Even a doll was considered frivolous. So her saddle bags were light. The straps held them from bouncing about her back or riding up on her withers.

Tall grass whipped around her legs as she sped along the land. Occasional trees thick with age stood out on the otherwise flat landscape. The sound of the water surging against the cliffs was a lullaby of sorts, reminding her how truly tired she was. Cien had passed several towns already, and planned to stop at the next to rest for a while. Another magnificent tree rose in the distance, spreading its branches to shade the ground beneath it. It might serve as a better place to stop, thought Cien, as she slowed to a trot.

The crunch of a brittle twig under her foot alerted her to her own presence, giving her a spooked expression when the Lizardkin appeared in the doorway of his home. Instinctively, her hands went to her bow and quiver, pulling back with a trained eye and cautiously aiming between the scaly things eyes. Eralion was quick to step in front of the cautious Sahrian woman, raising a thick black brow and giving her a questionable, unhinged stare.

"Well that's a nice way to greet a stranger..." He mused at her, placing a thick finger against the tip of her arrow and turning it down, forcing her to relinquish the control she had on the weapon.

"See how happy you are about that when the lizards adding your eyes to his stew pot!" She scoffed, tucking the bow back as Eralion turned around to face the blue scale.

"Sorry... we've been traveling a while... used to spotting danger before kindness" He scratched at the back of his head, feeling the uncomfortable sting of bloodsuckers that the Lizardkin must have been used to.

"You wouldn't happen to know what direction the druid village is, would you?" Eralion kept his distance, grumbling when Ellelunia grabbed him by the forearm and growled.

"I know where I'm going, we don't need to ask loners" The big druid simply sighed and shook his head, completely ignoring the woman and keeping his brown eyes fixed on the blue scale.

map.jpeg

"Whoa there lady!" Zhre'Czh said, taking a step back, raising his arms, surprised by the sudden aggression.

"Do you often come to strangers' houses and threaten them?" He asks with a annoyed tone. The one time he got some damn visitors, and they threaten him. Just his luck. He should never have left the old swamp and the home of his people. If only he hadn't been so curious about the world.

Her friend seemed to know better than her though. At least he didn't seem to want him dead at the get-go.

"Hey, I don't eat soft-skin eyes! I'd have to kill them for that! And I don't do that kind of stuff!" He said, lowering his arms again as the bow was lowered as well. Well, at least they weren't completely stupid.

"Druid village? Its to the south of here, I think. A day's walk, at least, if you know the way. So I'd guess at least two days for you two." He explained as he slowly took a few steps out of his hut, towards them.

"At least I think it's a druid village... Anyway, I don't suppose I can invite you in? I don't usually get guests, but I think I've got enough soup for three! If I add a bit more, at least..." He stroked his maw a bit, wondering if he actually could thin out the soup enough for three.

Gladius followed the bard with minimal effort almost running him over a few times no great loss there after all he was just a human less than himself .He was not one for stealth different animals ran sporadic patterns as he moved, the breaking tree branches announced his presence like some grand regalia announcing a king.
He towered above most Za his age his shadow an impenetrable force as it crept along the ground and the glint of the steel platelets on his armor reflected the spare rods of light as they passed through the trees.

The hut had come into sight quickly as if the bard had been here before and with an elegant bow Thadeus had dissipated leaving Gladius alone and in full sight of the scene that unfolded before him ,the femme drawing on the green one, another stepping in front of the archer, words being exchanged between the tall green skinned one and the others.

Just by the lizard-mans tone Gladius could tell it was not an aggressive being. The archer on the other hand was a different story.
Gladius's bow in hand and an arrow knocked loosely "just in case". His own arrow resembling a sapling and the trident on his back moved slightly allowing him a quick draw of the bow if necessary.
As the other pressed her arrow downward Gladius lowered his own and sheathed the arrow. No need to waste he thought
He sighed as the uncomfortable silence was sure to ensue.

He shifted to a more defensible position more out of instinct than anything else. His hooves easily the size of a large mans hands left deep impressions in the ground under his great weight. The brown hide scarred from many battles appeared as a badges of honor, his torso was wide and well defined the armor plating only accentuated his true stature. Most Za had long hair but his was black and looked like razors grouped together in a mohawk that started at the top of his head and snaked down his back was stiff the mane of a mustang.

"We don't have time for soup" Ellelunia had remained silent as the two males spoke, but it was rediculous to entertain the idea of simply settling in to a dinner request from a stange Lizardkin! She tapped her bow against her hardened leather boot, impatiently scanning the forest while Eralion spoke. She thought about what the Lizard said and it was true. They had about another day and a half travel ahead of them. Getting lost in the forest at this time would be instant confusion- so despite wanting to agree, she knew Eralion had the right idea.

"If we come inside, for company, will you please show us the way to the village?" The druid turned a dissapointed eye to Ellelunia as if to scold her for her off putting attitude. "We need rest anyway... better a shack than a tree?" He groaned when all he got in response was a huff of air from the lithe woman.

"If you'd have us, we would be grateful"

"Showing your way out of here for some company? Sounds like a fine idea to me! I hardly ever get visitors out here anyway, and I'm more than willing to share a meal! The swamps are rich with food for those who search, after all!" Zhre'Czh said happily. "Well, I'm not sure if your kind will like it, but it doesn't matter! You're soft-skins, after all! Come! Come!" He says, motioning them inside.

As he stepped back in, he quickly moved over to the stove, where the pot was still boiling. He took a few more mushrooms and plants, pulled his knife back out, and hacked them into small pieces. He looked over his shoulder as he did, and pointed with his tail towards a rather rough table and a couple of chairs. "Please, have a seat! The food will be done in a few moments!" He said, dropping the ingridients into the pot.

Lucas opened the letter and read it. At first he didn't think much of it until he read the signature at the bottom and a glint came to his eye. It was from the Burning Druid, still the letter wasn't for him so he might as well discard it. As she was reading over the letter Lucas continued to look threw the bag until he noticed a picture that looked similar to Luna. He opened the envelope to find she had a warrant on her. They finally connected her with several thievery's that happened a long time ago and her picture was drawn perfectly. He pulled her onto the horse and started to ride in the other direction. "Hand me the map."

When he threw the letter to the side Luna decided to pick it up after she noticed the glint that appeared in Lucas's eye. She was very curious, why would he be so interested yet throw it away? She started to read it over slowly, she never really was good at reading which was understandable considering what happened to her. Just as she finished he pulled her onto the horse and started to ride quickly away from the city they were going to. "Lucas stop." She squealed having to catch herself from falling off. She was now tightly holding onto Lucas "Were going the wrong way." He ignored her and told her to hand him the map. She did though she could see the city behind her when she looked back. She wondered what the rush was. It was odd for him to dash off so frantically... especially since their was no sign of danger.

He snapped the map out of her hand and glanced at it. They were heading to VoidFog, if they reply to the message saying they found the messenger mugged or something they might be able to lay low from the law for a while. No one would arrest them if they were on a mission from the Burning Druid herself. He rolled the map up and slipped it into the side of his belt before kicking the horse faster. They couldn't be late for such an event, this was the only way he could keep her safe without keeping her hidden away. He knew all to well she was to flirty to lay low and out of sight. That was one of the reasons she was such a bad thief... though she could steel just as much.

She watched trying to figure out where he was taking them too. He wasn't heading to the city outside of the kingdom anymore... maybe it was because she killed the guard. Her grip loosened on him now that they were going slower. She sighed and looked at the great city behind her as it slowly got farther away. The grand walls that promised great sums of cash seemingly only a dream now. Her head lay on his back as he continued to look at the map and she hugged him a bit tighter. Soon enough though she was started by his sudden gain in speed and had to hold onto him tight. "Why are we going so fast?" She shouted over the wind.
"We are heading to VoidFog. The Burning Druid needs help."
"I thought you were going to leave it to the side. You threw it away."
"Yeah, I had a change of heart."
"Why do we need to travel so fast though?"
"Just for a while. I'll slow down later if you want to sleep."
She nodded and held on tight as they continued to gallop. The sun was now almost completely set and she looked at all the colors that somehow promised the sun would return another day. She could only smile looking at it remembering how they would watch it go down before they had to return to their homes when they were little. Soon enough the horse slowed to a gallop and she started to doze.