“Okay, okay, gotcha,” he reassured with a nod before letting out a heavy yawn. While he wouldn’t admit it and would claim he had amazing tolerance, Dante - naturally - was getting just a tad bit more drunk than he expected to. With a hand on his head, he paused for a moment of contemplation before reluctantly sighing when glancing at the time, only to be startled by the 2 AM sign.

“Ah, fuck. Hng, I should probably get home,” he admitted with a growing frown as he wearily rubbed his face. “You can go home too, if you’d like. I don’t know how well you can work while being drunk but I’d rather you go home than not do your job properly, yeah? Thank god for the weekend, yeah?” He teased as he got to his feet, wobbling just a tad.

"...I'd rather walk you home. It's late and... I've had experiences with humans at night who are drunk and find the need to attack me. I'm sure you can handle yourself but I'd rather walk with you, just in case," he admitted, shrugging into his jacket once deciding he needed to go home. He didn't feel that affected by the alcohol, but he also lost the desire to get back to work after downing so many beers. All he really wanted to do was get home and have a few more while watching TV, rather than knuckle down into work.

"I'm also curious to see where you live. I'm sure it's fancy," he smiled as he put his laptop away. "My place isn't bad, but I'm not running my own fashion company."

“I - well, yeah,” he admitted with a nervous laugh. “It’s, uh... I mean, I wanted to treat myself? I lived in the slums and I wanted somewhere nicer - you don’t look down on me for that, right?” He quickly emphasized with a nervous smile as he patiently waited beside the door once slowly walking towards it.

“Yeah, it’s nice...” he admitted with a smile. “I’m not going to lie. Treat yourself, right? It’s not, like, super crazy but it’s pretty big at least. That’s all that I want, to be honest,” he explained. “I have two beautiful dogs there, too. You’d love them!”

Reactions: potassiumboron
"If that's what makes you happy after years of hard work, it's the least you deserve. Who am I to judge what you spend your money on? It's your money. If you want to buy a dozen flashy apartments, that's your prerogative. This job pays extremely well, but I don't spend a lot. I'm happy in my one bedroom apartment downtown. It suits me well," he admitted as he made his move towards the lift, gesturing in Dante first out of respect. No matter how drunk he would get, he would still treat Dante like his boss and offer him that respect, even if he also felt they'd bonded a little more over the last hour or so.

"Do you live with Sandra? I always assumed you two were close enough to live together. It'd be nice to see her, I think she's great," the zombie continued, leaning against the elevator wall without attempting to hide the eagerness in his voice. Admitting his crush to Sandra's best friend might have been awkward, but Karius was blunt enough not to care. If he had something to say, he usually said it. "I like who I like, regardless of gender. Boy, girl, fluid-- doesn't really matter to me. I like Sandra a lot, actually. I think we've shared one conversation about stationery, so I doubt she even knows who I am."

“Oh, really?” He replied, his curiosity only growing more as he glanced over at the other in shock. “Ah, no. Sandra has her own apartment, though she stays over more often than not - wait, you like her too?! That’s crazy! I mean, like you said you like who you like but I’ve never thought about being with more than one person at the same time,” he slurred before offering a grin.

“God, you’re a proper charmer, aren’t you~?” He cooed with a snicker. “Oh my gosh, I mean - I could ask? She doesn’t really talk about her romantic interests, she gets all red and whatnot very it. Hey, maybe she’s been curious by you but she’s too shy~? She may seem tough but she acts like a little kid when pressured,” he insisted. “Go for it!”

"I suppose I'll have to come into work in the morning then, won't I? So I can charm her myself, I'd rather do that than ask you to do it for me. I'm not a coward, nor do I get embarrassed by this stuff. You don't get anywhere without asking, right? If she turns me down, that's fine. Disappointing, but fine. I've admired her for a while. She's tough, which I like, but I'm pretty sure there's more to her, right? That interests me, I like people with depth," he admitted again, easily elaborating on his clear crush for the woman. It hardly mattered that he was with Lyle - their agreement was to pursue their interests with other people, and Karius definitely had an interest in Sandra.

"I'd have told you all this if you'd asked. I usually tell the truth," he shrugged, stepping outside into the street with a brief grimace, both at how dark it was and how cold it had become. "...Do you think she'd agree to go out with me then? I don't know what her type is. I'm sure it's not guys like me, but I think I'm a decent person."

“Well, what do you mean by ‘a guy like me’?” He questioned curiously as he walked slowly down the snowy streets. The blizzard had calmed down to just light wisps but even that was difficult when walking on hooves. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he glanced over at Karius with a smile. “From the few men she’s been with, she seems to like more sensitive guys. She’s also a fan of a man who can cook and pamper her, surprisingly. She doesn’t show it often but she’s actually really fond of that sort of girly lifestyle,” he explained with a snort.

“She also likes a man who can work out. She’s always saying she wishes she had a good gym buddy and tries to drag me along but I’m not the type for physical fitness. Too much work and sweat,” he admitted. “I’d rather sit in a nice bath all day and read rather than get sweaty and gross.”

"...I'm hardly a social butterfly. I'm not the most conventionally attractive person. I barely leave the house when it's daytime. That's what I mean-- I guess I'm not the type most people would go for. Obviously I date, but it's not easy finding someone who's eager to spend time with me. I'm fine with that, I can accept rejection. It'd just suck to be rejected by someone I've liked for a while, I guess," he shrugged again, frowning to himself at the rain. He didn't feel the cold, but he had always hated rain, even if he never cared to try and protect himself from it.

"I'll ask. Even if I'm not her type, it's still work asking," he decided, nodding firmly to himself. Asking her was never in doubt, but talking with Dante at least consolidated his decision. "...You should probably speak to that human you like, tell him he shouldn't be scared off by Sandra. If he likes you, nobody else's opinion should matter-- that's just how I feel, anyway. I think he seems nice-- and he's attractive, that's a good mix."

“See, that’s what I’m thinking! If he likes me, shouldn’t that be what matters? Like, sure, Sandra can be rude but she does it to protect me. It’s fucking frustrating, that he didn’t come to me and talk to me about it instead of running off and being like this. I don’t... I don’t think I ask for much, you know? I just want a healthy relationship with someone. I think everyone deserves love, including me,” he insisted quickly, his voice slurring a tad as he approached the hotel he lived in. Once outside the door, he offered a smile to the other.

“Thank you for putting up with me. I mean, you didn’t have to do that, you know? If... you want to talk to anyone, I’m here for you,” he reassured as he adjusted his weight. “You can keep the rest of the beer, obviously. Enjoy the weekend, take a break... even if that means staying home to relax.”

"...You have nothing to thank me for, I didn't do anything other than talk to you. I suppose the fact I held down a conversation deserves some praise, though. I rarely manage it successfully," the other man smiled, taking a weary glance around. Whilst he was definitely someone who preferred the night, that didn't mean he liked to be outside during the late hours. It always concerned him that he could be jumped on by rowdy, drunk humans looking to take their anger out on a monster, and while he didn't feel pain, it didn't mean he wanted to spend hours stitching himself back up as a result of an attack.

"You should head on up to bed, I'll see you at work on Monday. I'll come in for the morning, finish the work I started tonight," he decided after a long moment, nodding firmly for emphasis before making a move to leave, only stopping when randomly glancing inside the apartment building, through the glass-door entrance, to notice a figure pacing back and for inside. It didn't take all that long to work out who it was.

"...I think your boyfriend is in there waiting for you," began Karius, nodding back at the building. "...Interesting. Tell me how it goes, I'm intrigued."

“Indeed,” he replied quietly as he watched . Offering a smile and a quick wave, he slipped inside the building, his frown having dropped the minute he saw the other. It only grew more from conflicting feelings, feeling both excited to see the other and absolutely furious at the same time. He calmly approached, though, and set a hand on his hip, clearly unamused.

“What are you doing, Xavier?” He questioned flatly as he held back the urge to cry. “I waited for you for hours. I didn’t get a single call - hell, not even a text, and you decide to show up? I find it pretty ballsy of you,” he admitted before adjusting his bag. “Let’s get out of the lobby, you look ridiculous.”

Having spent most the night in a bar with friends, with his phone purposely turned off to avoid growing guilty whenever Dante understandably texted him, Xavier was clearly completely wasted. The only way he could really deal with both the guilt and the anger after the confrontation with Sandra was to get drunk with some friends and try to put the day's events behind him.

Eventually, he realised that that wasn't going to happen, and that, try as he might, he wasn't going to be able to just block Dante out of his life. It would make things far simpler for him, and he would avoid any more threats and outlandish accusations from Sandra, but it wouldn't make him happy. Hell, just spending a few hours away from the designer had made him miserable and reliant on alcohol to get him through, and even that hadn't worked great for him.

"I know-- I get it, I was an idiot and I felt bad and... and your friend was just being horrible so I left and that was childish, I get it-- but I don't want to break up, that'd make me... sad," he slurred, leaning on the wall to try and keep his balance. "You're not that mad, right? Do I have to make it up to you? I will, I... I can be all suave and romantic and carry you into your apartment, bride-style or whatever, or... or I could post a picture on Instagram and tell people about us, I... I don't care if people know."

“I’m furious at you,” he admitted as he walked towards the elevator, arms crossed. While he himself wasn’t all that sober, he was apparently way better at handling his alcahol than the human. Tapping his fingers against his arm impatiently, he shot a glance over to Xavier, fully expecting him to follow.

“If Sandra has said something to you, you should have talked to me. I mean, really? I was left something bad happened, and then I realized no that wasn’t the case, you were just some jerk. Fucking - why? Why would not text me back, though? Like, if you didn’t want to see me again you should have at least told me so I wasn’t left worrying over you,” he scolded, though his attempt at staying calm faded when soft sniffles and whimpers could be heard from him.

"I'm so fucking sorry, alright? I'm an idiot. You can make me pay for the rest of your life if you want, I just... don't know. She said some stuff and I just thought it was easier to leave-- she fucking insinuated that I would beat you up. I don't even know her and I get she's protective, but it hit a nerve and I... had to go out and clear my head," he explained, albeit with the same heavy slur over each of his words. After taking a deep breath to hold back the urge to vomit, he made his way into the elevator after him and leaned back, closing his eyes to steady himself.

"...We're still together though, right? I... I'll do anything. I'll be good with your dogs, I'll help you out with anything you need doing at work or just in general, I... I want to make it up to you because this is the best relationship I've had and it'd fucking suck if you broke it off because I was an idiot for a few hours, Dante."

“I have to think about it,” he murmured in response as he slid his key through the special spot on the elevator. The best part of having as much money as he did, he was able to be as exclusive as he wanted to. He wanted to have complete protection from any human who tried to hurt him by being the only person with a key unless he offered someone else one. Waiting patiently, he sighed and stepped out of the elevator while wiping tears away before unlocking the second set of locks to step into his home.

Once inside, he was thankful to be tackled by his hellhounds, their eager barks and wagging tails at least cheering him up a bit... and hopefully scaring Xavier. “Go to the bathroom, you look like you’re going to get sick and I’m not cleaning up after you.”

Even though he asked, he really didn't think he would hear any doubt in Dante's voice. He thought their relationship could carry on as normal, or he wouldn't have even asked if they were still together. He only did so to gloss over the negativity. Instead, it caused him to frown and start to inwardly panic. It wasn't an outright breakup, but the fact Dante was even contemplating ending things caused him distress - all of which he probably deserved.

"I'm not going to be sick," he confirmed slowly, taking a deep breath as he warily approached the dogs. He wanted to show that he was going to make an effort, going as far as to sit on the couch and reach to pet one of them. It still terrified him to be this close, but if it meant showing Dante he was serious about making things work, it was a small sacrifice to make. "...They're not that scary, up close-- Look, I'm trying, Dante. I just want this to work-- we can kiss and stuff, I won't be a prude about it. I... don't mind if things go the whole way."

He watched he watched the other quietly. Of course, despite their admittedly intimidating appearances, the two dogs were probably some of the most affectionate and kind dogs a man could have as was evident by the wagging tail. Sure, their faces were just bone and they were the size of a lion but they were practically puppies and it was hard for Dante not to smile at Xavier’s attempts.

“Look, we’re both a little drunk, hoe about we discuss this in the morning?” He offered once getting to his feet, wobbling just a tad. “Tomorrow is Saturday so we can just relax and talk about everything ‘cuz I’m not in the state to discuss important relationship things right now.”

As he spoke, the fashion designer wandered into his bedroom before flopping down on his bed face first in clear exhaustion. The last few hours had been an emotional rollercoaster and all he wanted to do was sleep. “... you can come lay with me if you want.”

Xavier hardly needed to be told twice, immediately trailing after him and flopping onto the large bed in quiet awe. He hadn't seen any of the bedrooms in the apartment, let alone his own boyfriend's, and it only really struck him just how rich Dante was when he silently took in the appearance of the bedroom and the items in it. It was a far cry away from his bedroom back home, or the couch he was currently sleeping on at a friend's place.

"You're fucking loaded, right? This bed probably costs more than my annual salary at my old job," he mumbled into the pillow, turning his head to take in Dante beside him, slowly smiling to himself. "I'd still like you if you were, like, dirt poor, you know that, right? You just happened to be some fancy designer. I'd like you just as much if you worked in a garage like I did, Dante."

“I doubt that,” he admitted, his face still buried in his pillow. Dante wasn’t one to be particularly cluttered and, in fact, much preferred minimalism. That being said, it didn’t mean he didn’t have some expensive gems laying about, the first and most obvious being the large flat screen television mounted on the wall, it being larger than his king-sized bed. He had walk-in closet about the size of an average bedroom loaded with his clothes, that of we’re neatly organized. A big chandelier hung from the center of the room with a headboard light as well and, when you pressed a knob on the side of the bed, large shelves would expose dozens of books to read thanks to said light.

The best part, though, was the beautiful view of the city. The window was the entire size of the wall, showing off the city lights below. It was the main reason he was living there, always wanting such a view when he lived in the run-down ghetto.

“Listen, I wanted to treat myself...?” He whispered, his cheeks growing red.

"When I start making money off this modelling gig, the first thing I'm going to do is find myself a place to live. If I ever make serious cash, I'm definitely getting a place like this-- are you kidding? If I work my ass off, like you have, I want to treat myself. I doubt I'll make enough to afford a beer at the bar, but I can dream, yeah?" He shrugged, his eyes rolling playfully. Truthfully, however, he did have serious doubts about it. The only shot he had was getting involved modelling with human brands, so he wasn't taking the place of a monster who had very little opportunities. If he did want to make a name for himself, he couldn't help but think that some brands would take a dislike to him purely based on his relationship with Dante.

After all, not many humans were as accepting as he was. Discrimination was still prevalent in society and he wasn't so naive that he overlooked the potential obstacles in his career because of his relationship - but he didn't really care. He'd rather go back to work at the garage than give Dante up to further his own career; a career he wouldn't even have without the designer's encouragement and support.

"...I don't want this to end, you know. I want to spend years going to sleep beside you and... being with you. You can have time to think it over, but... know that I don't want it to end, alright? Just... sleep on it and tell me how you feel tomorrow."