"You're right," he admitted before reluctantly pushing off from the floor. He felt more than guilty but at the same time, he was aware enough to know that continuing to voice his insecurities would probably only have the other start to get annoyed. He wasn't an idiot, after all, despite how naive he could be.

"Yeah, no. I mean, the hangover isn't going to really help with forgetting the whole thing but that's no one's fault but mine," he admitted with a nervous chuckle before grabbing the rest of the donut for a nibble. "So, tips? I mean, you yourself don't have to do much. I guess it's a matter of feeling confident, you know? Even if you aren't confident, it's easy to fake it - I did it for the picture of me. You'll feel better after the first one, I promise. I mean, I'm not gonna lie when I say I feel a lot more comfortable with myself now that I got my face out there, I guess? I mean, I still don't feel phenomenal but I might post another picture of myself...?"

"Post another picture, do it," he urged with a wide smile, leaning back against the wall with another unsubtle glance out of the window. Just a week ago, he could only dream of having a view of the city like this. Hell, a week ago, he couldn't even contemplate being in Dante's company. He had spotted his image on Instagram and fallen head over heels for him, and it was always the plan to get his attention, but he couldn't have imagined that he'd get this far in such a short time. They had bickered a little and reached disagreements over the speed of their relationship, but Xavier was still buzzing that he was even in Dante's presence, let alone dating the man.

"Your image is already out there, Dante. You may as well post some cute selfies," the rugged human continued, throwing his now empty coffee cup in the trash and cracking his knuckles loudly. Perhaps that wasn't typical model behaviour, but he was hardly a typical model. To say he was out of his depth was an understatement. He was the only human in the building, and being the centre of attention in that way, with monsters glaring at him constantly, wasn't fun... but he was happy to go through with it all just to be in Dante's company. Besides, if the shoot went well, he would have an agent and his career could really take off. He might not have dreamed of being a model, but he was going to take the opportunity with both hands.

"Hey, you can come down to the shoot if you want," he finally suggested, pushing his blue hair back. Modelling in front of Dante was awkward, but he wanted to try and cheer him up. "...You said you wanted to take a picture of me to post a 'sneak peek' of your designs to Instagram, yeah? Let's go and do that."

"Wait - really? You sure?" He quickly sputtered, his eyes wide under his bangs. It didn't take long for Dante's cheeks to immediately grow rosy and a wide smile to appear on his lips in obvious excitement. He understood the whole 'taking it slow' concept and he could use it under the guise of it being completely professional but he would be lying if he said he didn't want to see more of the other, preferably completely naked but beggars can't be choosers.

"Good! I mean... yeah. I told you that I do photograph the models often by myself so just... don't see it as any different. I'm just a camera, yeah? That being said, I don't know anything about make up, so... my team will do that for you, yeah? Outside of applying lipstick, I'm completely clueless," he admitted.

Reactions: potassiumboron
Having already been in nothing but underpants in front of Dante, modelling some of his clothes in front of him hardly seemed like a huge deal. It was nerve-wracking, considering this would be his first ever experience of modelling and he was doing it in front of someone big and important in the fashion world, but he wanted to show that he was willing to push himself. He was hardly pushing himself when it came to their new relationship, pulling out of kisses just to try and take things slow, but he could push himself a little in his new job, at least. Besides, a little encouragement from his boyfriend would be helpful, rather than a hindrance, and perhaps it was what he needed to realise that being intimate with him wasn't going to fuck things up. He still thought it would after the disasters of his past relationships, but the more comfortable he became, the more likely he was to at least dip into kisses with him. Maybe.

"Nah, let's do it. I'm not going to be all cautious about it. You've seen me almost naked, so why can't you see me in some of your designs? I'm kinda reliant on this job now I got fired from the garage, so I have to try and make the best out of it," he determined, nodding for emphasis as he made his way to the door. Another benefit of walking with Dante was the glares aimed at him should come to a stop, or at least become less subtle. "...Why do I need makeup? I'm not against that, do what you gotta do, I just didn't think it was, like, a thing I needed to do-- see how fucking clueless I am?"

"Well, people are quite judgemental. We use non-humans in our ads but even people who support us don't like seeing pimples or wrinkles, you know? I mean, you're practically perfect and all but just adding a bit of contour and highlight to make your facial features pop might help," he explained as he trailed towards the elevator, putting in the code for the set.

"Don't worry about it, yeah? They probably won't do much, you've already got amazing skin and a healthy glow for someone who worked with cars. After they fix you up, it'll just be you me and the clothes."

Xavier was honestly happy to have anything done to him if Dante insisted it would help. He didn't have a clue what to do in this environment, so, with Dante being the expert he was, listening to his advice and doing what he promised would help went without debate. As he sat getting the makeup applied, he couldn't help but be amused by how different his life was compared to a week ago, and how everyone in his life would either be shocked or horrified with it. His parents didn't know he was dating Dante, but they knew he was hoping to model some of his clothes, and they were disgusted by it. He was sure, then, that his father would lose what little patience he had left if he saw him getting contoured by the company's makeup artist.

"Your clothes are legitimately amazing, Dante," the new model began as he absently examined the rack of clothes, pulling out a faux fur coat in amusement. It was hardly his style, but the pastel pink colour did catch his eye. A week ago, he wouldn't even have considered wearing something like it. He would have stuck to his sports jacket or, at a push, an old denim jacket he'd been handed down by an uncle. He wouldn't have contemplated anything pink, let alone a flamboyant faux fur coat- but he was learning that he wasn't particularly bothered about wearing it now. If fashion wasn't about taking risks, what was the point? Besides, if he liked it, he didn't see an issue putting it on to model some of Dante's new collection.

"This is cute, I like this," he praised easily once turning to the mirror to examine how it fit, grinning in surprise at himself. "It's really nice, actually. I look like fucking candyfloss, that's rad. I bet this goes for a lot of money, huh? I'll start saving up 'cos I really like this. It looks cute on me, yeah?"

"You look cute in everything," he replied easily, his current attention mostly on the camera as he adjusted it properly. He eventually did look up and took in the other, a soft blush on his face at the bare chest under the pastel pink coat. Clearing his throat a tad, he only really sat up straight when he was sure the setting were perfect.

"I let all my models keep the clothes they're given," he admitted before motioning the other into the viewfinder. "That is, if they want them. As for the jacket, it's $250. I know it's pricey but not the most expensive thing I've sold. People will love you in this. Now, I want you to really feel yourself, okay?"

"I do really feel myself in this. It's so different from what I usually wear, but... yeah, I totally dig it," he murmured after another brief glance at himself. The coat was gorgeous and he did surprise himself with how much he wanted it for himself. He wasn't entirely sure where he would wear it, or how his friends would react to seeing him in it in an ordinary setting, but he didn't remotely care about that. What he did care about was paying for the item himself, rather than be given it. $250 wasn't extortionate, but it was still well out of his price range. However, he was determined to buy it, and that meant working his ass off at the new modelling opportunity he had somehow been given.

Even though Dante was just behind the camera, Xavier took a moment to admire him with a smile. They were completely different people, especially in appearance, with Xavier being typically rugged and manly in stark contrast to the designer, but he wouldn't have Dante any other way. He was more or less attracted to the flamboyance and especially to how Dante preferred to present himself. Noticing just how much he liked him did make him feel ridiculous for setting a ban on intimacy. If they did get intimate and things did fuck up down the line, he figured he at least had the experience of being with Dante, and that was something he could hold onto. Breaking up without even kissing him would be devastating.

"...You know, how about I come back over your place tonight?" He suggested after adjusting the garment to fit properly over his shoulders. "We can make brownies again and I can bring some proper wine. We'll do things right this time. And if you want to kiss me, I won't be an asshole about it. Hell, if you want to get in my lap and make out with me 'til my lips bleed, I'm not going to say no to that. Not this time, 'kay?"

"Pull down the trousers just a bit," he commanded in a whisper as his cheeks grew red. He was on the job, after all, so trying to keep a calm composure after being invited for another date was hard - especially at the mention of kissing. Taking a few clicks, he took in Xavier to scan for what next.

"Okay, turn away from the camera and kneel down, Yeah? I'm trying to be professional but god, you look so cute," he gushed quietly, thankful for the other turning away to let him grow red on his own terms. "I mean, I'd love to try last night over again."

"I think we sorta have to try it again, it was a disaster and that's not how I want the start of our relationship to go, you know? I don't want to get older and realise I ruined my shot at being with you because I was too cautious about being intimate and stuff. So we can start over tonight and see what happens. I'll even try to get on with those dogs of yours, yeah?" Xavier grinned over his shoulder, feeling the weight leave his chest at being able to just... talk like this. Without having to worry about upsetting Dante with his imposed ban on kissing, everything was flowing between them a lot easier - not that that was completely perfect. He did want to try and be flirty, as he often was with people he was dating, but, given how much he liked Dante, it was surprisingly difficult to be as free as he'd like with his words, in fear of saying the wrong thing and losing both him and the modelling job.

"Why am I on my knees, exactly?" He asked after a moment, turning back to face him. "I thought you needed to see my face-- my knees are hurting, Dante. I bruise like a peach."

"The aesthetic. You can get up," he reassured as he ran a hand through his bangs, his myriad of eyes scanning the scene. Stepping away from the camera, he dared to step over and pretend to adjust the jacket before pulling him into a careful kiss.

"People want to see the product, your face and body is just an extra bonus," he explained with a wide smile. "You're doing fine, sweetheart. Now, lift up your arms over your head, yeah? And show off that butt of yours."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: potassiumboron
If the tone of the conversation when they first met had been like this, there was every chance that Xavier wouldn't have been able to get into a relationship with Dante. He was the sort of person to be ridiculously awkward upon first meeting, but slowly grow into a relationship and open up more and more. It was a testament to how much he liked Dante that opening up and being a little more brave and flirty hadn't taken too long.

"Are you even taking any pictures, or is this, like, a private little photoshoot for you to examine just how hot your new boyfriend is? If it's that, I fully expect you to do the same for me later," he snorted, following directions as told with a daring wink and a little bite on his bottom lip, if only to cause Dante's blush to spread a little further.

"So, am I getting an agent, do you reckon one will take me on? I kinda like this modelling stuff. It pays well and I'm a narcissist, I like people taking pictures of me."

"This is all going in the ad... unless you want me to take a few personal shots~?" He offered, his flirting seemingly having gone from pathetic to skillful in such a short time. Despite trying to present himself as cool, the monster's entire face grew red at the suggestion of him sitting on the other's lap. Letting out a nervous laugh, he carefully took Xavier's hand in his.

"I'll set you up with an agent later tomorrow. Typically it's the other way around - you get an agent to try and set up an appointment with a company. You're one step ahead of the game," he praised with a wide smile, his fangs making an appearance before motioning to another outfit. "Now get that cute butt of yours into something else~!"

The idea of having an agent would definitely consolidate the new career move for him; it meant that this wasn't just a hobby, and it would (hopefully) provide some genuine work, if only so he could get paid and start staying at a hotel rather than his friend's couch. Despite not having had any interest in modelling before, the opportunity to actually advance in the industry was hardly easy to pass up... especially when his continuing involvement would help him get closer to Dante.

"Would I be getting a human agent? Not that it matters, really, but I can't imagine many fashion industries run by monsters would hire me, you know? You're an exception, but I don't think many would take me on, Dante. I'm not against monsters, clearly, but... most of them assume all humans are the same, which is fair enough," he shrugged, removing the coat with an unsubtle frown - not because of the heavy conversation, but because of the fact he adored the coat and didn't really want to take it off just yet.

"I dunno, I'm just grateful to anyone that takes me on," he finally grinned, rooting through the clothes rack for something else to catch his eye. "I'll probably give this up after a few months when I fail, but it's cool for now."

"If you stick with me, you'll never fail," he reassured, his grin fading to a sly smile as he returned to the camera and pulled up the baggg sleeves of his sweater a tad for his sharp nails to tap against the bulky camera. He wasn't the arrogant type and preferred to stay humble but Xavier was somewhat of a walking ego-stroke, one he definitely needed.

"You know, I usually pick very specific outfits for my models but I guess I'll give you free range," he teased as he held his head in his free hand before letting out a yawn. "You're worth it, yeah~?"

"Of course I'm worth it, duh," he cockily retorted, offering his own self-satisfied grin across. Just Dante's over-confidence would usually be off-putting, but displaying that himself would usually cause him to recoil in horror at himself and his misplaced belief. However, with Dante, it did just seem to... work. He wasn't serious, and nor did he imagine Dante was completely serious himself, and that unspoken knowledge meant he could drop these confident remarks and bounce off Dante without little worry. Hell, it was almost flirtatious, which was probably why he enjoyed it so much... especially when he got to press back in close and offer another kiss, his hands immediately wandering to the monster's waist.

If it wasn't for one of Dante's workers interrupting, there was no telling how far Xavier was happy to go. Instead, he jerked away from the designer and awkwardly returned to the clothes, turning his back on the worker to avoid growing red in embarrassment.

Likewise, said worker was wide-eyed and clearly shocked at the display, her mouth open a little until she regained herself-- somewhat, at least. "I... you have a meeting in the diary, Sandra said to inform you that you have someone coming in for lunch with you-- some store owner who's willing to hear your plans for stocking your clothes-- I don't know, she just said to remind you that you have that pencilled in today at 12-- um-- I didn't know we were using human models now? I... had a whole list comprised of models for this shoot, I was going to call in a few for you to examine and interview, so... should I cancel that now, or...?"

With his own hands eagerly moving to rest on the other's shoulders, Dante froze in horror at the voice, his hands quickly pulling away to fiddle with his sleeves instead. With beetroot cheeks, he wandered over to the worker's side with a nervous smile.

"No, no, call the other models. This... is an exception, our brand is still creatures, I just... wanted to shake it up a bit?" He weakly suggested with a small smile. "As for the appointment, tell Sandra that I'll be there. Also tell Sandra to at least call me when she sends someone up here, yeah?" He critiqued before sighing and running a hand through his bangs. "I'll look at the other models later in the evening, I would rather not have our shoot interrupted again, yeah? Now... please don't tell anyone about this."

"...Should I call security? You're too nice, Dante. If I had a human force himself onto me, I'd scream and get the guards involved," she whispered beneath her breath, her several eyes flickering across to Xavier, who had his back turned and was doing his best to block out everything that was going on, which left him naive to the discussion taking place. It was inevitable that the worker assumed that the kiss she witnessed wasn't consented by both parties. In her mind, Dante was the victim of a forceful human trying his way with him, and her interruption might have prevented something worse happening. In no way did she imagine that Dante was dating the man. He was human, after all, and she didn't see how he could find that attractive in him.

"I know you don't like fuss, but... but he tried to hurt you, didn't he? I think we should tell the guards-- or Sandra at least. She's just as strong as the guards are," she continued, the worry on her face evident. She may just be some employee in the building, but like many, she was incredibly grateful to Dante for the job she had, and how well she was treated in the business. So, when she thought something horrible had taken place, she was going to get fully involved in the effort to help her boss out. "...Are you okay? Did he hurt you before I came in?"

"I'm fine," he insisted softly with a nervous laugh, his hands setting on the woman's shoulders reassuringly. "Please... just... I suggest you don't mention this to Sandra either. I'm fine." He firmly murmured before taking a step back to the camera. With a small wave, he adjusted the settings of the camera.

"... thank you for being concerned, though," he added with a genuine smile. "I can assure you, I'm a lot tougher than you think. Now please move along, I have work to do."

"Did I get you in trouble? I mean, I... don't have a problem with people knowing we're dating, Dante. Maybe I should tell my folks about it first, but after that, I really don't care who knows about us, you know?" Admitted Xavier after the employee wandered off, turning back around to face the designer as he tugged on some patterned shorts, breaking from the conversation briefly to examine how they fitted him.

"...God, that was embarrassing, huh?" He snorted, awkwardly fiddling with the buttons on the shirt he had found. "...She was right, though. Maybe I shouldn't, like, model for you. It's hardly going to go down well. Isn't your whole thing about monsters being given the opportunity? I don't want them thinking I'm an asshole, Dante."