Flames vs Waves?

Damian walked after her, and stopped in front of her. "Seriously, what is the problem? You just walk out in a temper for no reason." He gritted his teeth.

"Like I've said, there's a lot you don't know about me." She said, trying to hold back tears as she stuffed her cellphone and paper into her pockets. "Do you know who your parents are?" She wondered suddenly as rain washed down the sidewalk.

Damian gradually began to calm down. He watched her silently for a second, and then replied softly, "No. I grew up in an orphanage - I guess my parents just didn't want me."

"Oh." She muttered, running a hand through her soaked hair. "Do you know who my parents are? The government. Yeah. I'm a fucking lab rat. Look." She showed him the inside of her right arm and there was a tattoo of a seven digit number and what looked like a check out bar code underneath.

Damian looked at it, and was shocked. "So, they just created you to do their dirty work?" He was disgusted at that - no person should have that. He looked her up and down, and waved his hand over her head. He felt a gust of warm air blow down, and watched her hair dry.

She sighed and the rain lessened somewhat. "Yeah pretty much. The only reason they don't keep me locked up in a cage is because of my powers. You know, to see what all I can do exactly." She narrowed her eyes. "I should just drown the lot of them." She muttered.

Damian chuckled, and relaxed again. "Turning against your captors, and fleeing the country. A movie plot extraordinaire." He teased her good-naturedly. "And um, I'm sorry about burning your bag again - this time I'll pay for a new one."

She shrugged and pulled her sleeve down on her arm, once more hiding her number. "Don't worry about it." She mumbled, sounding tired. The rain was only a drizzle now.

"Need a ride home? Or anything?" Damian offered to her.

She shook her head. "Thanks but, no. I'll be alright." She turned and started walking away, the rain having stopped now and her eyes back to normal.

"Then at least let me walk you home." Damian walked alongside her.

"Fine." She muttered, sounding distant and thoughtful as she remembered getting her number tattoo and her bar code. When she was growing up in the facility, she had always wondered who her parents were, and when she got her answer, she instantly felt hatred of herself. Sure they had given her whatever she had wanted, toys, food, whatever, but so she wouldn't try and run away. They had even painted her room so it wasn't white like the rest of the building. The rain started again.

He watched her silently as they walked, and then curiously asked, "What are you thinking about?"

(OOC: I was just thinking that maybe the government could come to Melody's house and request that she flood a town because the government wants the people evacuated so that they can make it into a battle arena for her and your character? I dunno, just a thought.)

It took her a moment to answer him. "Hm? Oh...nothing." She said quietly. This rain was different then the angry torrential downpour. This was more of a sad and gentle rain. Melody didn't cry, never had, not once. She had always let her rain do her crying for her. She looked away from him as they rounded a street corner.

Damian asked her, "You cold?" He concentrated on her, and tried to emanate some heat towards her - sort of like a hair dryer.

(yeah, ok)

She gave him a small smile. "Thanks." She said gently as she felt a warm heat go over her, though she was debating whether or not to tell him what she was thinking. But then she sighed and decided not to. Her troubles were her own.

Damian grinned and shrugged. "It's just something I can do that doesn't hurt anyone." He gritted his teeth, "I hate it when my temper hurts other people, but I can't help it sometimes."

She nodded her understanding and soon they could see a series of appartment buildings. "We're almost to my appartment. Not to be rude but...if I invite you inside can you please try not to set anything on fire?"

Damian nodded, and laughed. "I will try not to." He followed her, thinking about her. She was different than any girl he had ever come across before, and yet he liked her.

She grunted but kept walking, almost unconsously rubbing her arm with her ID number on it the government had given her when she was old enough. She sighed and they came up to an appartment door. She entered the building and walked up to the second story out of three and lead him to her appartment.