Flames vs Waves?

"I could tell you about my fire thing....." Blaise smirked, and followed her.

She didn't say anything. She walked silently until she found a Starbucks and led them inside the air conditioned building. "I'll buy." She offered. She checked her wallet and side in relief. She had put the fire out quickly so it didn't have a chance to do much damage.

"Ok, bit I'll pay for dinner later on." He winked, and sat down at a table.

She stared at him in a little surprise before going up to the counter and ordering two coffees. She came back and sat down across from Blaise and handed him his. "I'm Melody by the way. I would've introduced myself properly early but I had to get that leak fixed." She explained, opening the tab on her coffee and setting it down on the table to cool off some.

Blaise took the coffee, and grinned. He sipped it and looked up at her. "So, any chance you are going to explain your water predilection?"

She leaned back in her chair, which squeaked a little. "As I've said, I don't really know so I can't explain." She said, picking up her to-go mug and holding it in between her hands and gently blowing over the open tab to help cool off her coffee.

"Isn't that always the case?" Blaise remarked. "I was just born like this, but I only really understood it when I was fifteen and everything started going on fire when I got angry."

Born that way...She sighed at those words. She had no idea who her parents were. She only knew she was created by scratch from the government. "Is that so?" She muttered, and took a drink of coffee, starring out a window.

"Yeah. I'm sorry for earlier on by the way- for setting your bag on fire." He blushed. "That was just me getting annoyed for a moment. Did I ruin anything?"

She shook her head. "No. Don't worry about it." She said, smiling. "I managed to put it out before you did any real damage. You just charred my purse."

"I'll pay for a new one, don't worry." Blaise smiled. "It was pretty cool though to be able to help you there at the dam."

She smiled back and took a drink of coffee. "Glad you enjoyed it." She said. It was boring though for her, having to do be called for things like that all the time.

"But do you ever get a break from it? To just be a normal girl?"

Anger flashed in her eyes for only a second. "I can never be a normal girl." She said, looking away from him. "No matter how much I want to be." She stood up and it started to rain. "Thank you for helping me but I should get going."

He could sense her anger growing, and stood as well. "I am sorry if I offended you. I just.... Didn't think." He stared at her. "Please don't go."

"Well maybe you should try it some time." She snapped, her eyes a bright blue. She hated when she lost controll of her powers like this.

Damian's eyes narrowed at her tone, and his temper rose swiftly. "Maybe you should learn to, oh, I don't know, maybe be polite to people?" He snapped back at her.

The rain grew heavier and she stalked out of the cafe, tossing her coffee in the trash and going out in her down pour.

His temperature rose, and as he strode after her, he watched as her bag began to sizzle again, despite the rain.

She clenched her teeth together and "dropped" her purse, letting the contents scatter and picking everything up and leaving her bag to burn.