October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
5 Word Challenge
Brought to you by: October Knight

[bg=#006633]This challenge is to help strengthen your vocabulary. You'll learn new words and how to use them in roleplay posts, stories, poems, etc!

Instructions:
1. Aim for a minimum of 1-3 paragraphs. If you'd like to write more than that, then go for it!
2. Make sure you use each word in your post. Be as creative as you'd like.
3. Style the writing like you would for a story. It can be describing a setting, or written from the perspective of a character. Whatever you feel would work the best.
4. Have fun with this, of course!

The Words:

• Abrade (v.) - To wear away the surface or some part of by friction.
  • Hindmost (adj.) - Farthest from the front.
  • Heartrending (adj.) - Very depressing
  • Innocuous (adj.) - Harmless.
  • Perspicuous (adj.) - Lucid.
[/bg]

I have seen days come and I've see them go. As an old viking coming nearer to his call to Valhala the actions and speak of the young can be somewhat abrading to the ways that I knew. Every generation more peculiar than the last. I remember the world being a younger place and ripe for exploring. I started my days as a young man at the hindmost part of a drakken ship and moved up further in the ranks of life. I reached midship by my thirties and foreship by my Forties. But recalling my childhood was heartrending. Mother eaten by a drakken in the middle of the night and my father passing me on to my uncle after her death when I was,but eight. So it was in my world of long ago..cruel.
Not every aspect of life was that way. I had my playmates Skipff and Sven. The seemingly innocuous games we played were in fact preparing us for life as men. When were but boys,we were slaying drakkens, hoisting sail on raids to Ireland, wrestling trolls in the dark, Wrestling trolls in the dark was a game in which one of us was covered in a hinds hide and the other two would poke and prod at the one in he hide and we would have to guess who was doing the teasing, Our raids were the boldest and most perspicuous of any by Odin! We sacked Irish monks! We toppled city wall and raided the very troll city of it's treasures.
My days of a young man have now come and gone. The cycle of Ygsdrail calls for Olaf Grangstarrna now. I look forward to the dinning halls of Valhala. With it own perspicuous treasures and remembrance of this life hindmost. I bid my family fair thee well as my eyes close never to open again. Heartrending? Not at all. I will see them again if they have followed..The ways of the Drakken.

Reactions: 1 person
Gwen let out a heartrending shriek, letting all know of her loss. Her mate, taken from her before her very eyes. The others gathered close offering comfort the only way they knew how. Some of the hunters left, the perspicuous plan unspoken but known. They would hunt for the Pride, for the Herd, for the Flock. Another shriek from Gwen, her feathers visibly drooping on her frame. Some one, she knew not who, stood apart from the company, issuing orders and insuring calm was kept. For Gwen though, the future was hindmost in her mind. All she cared about was the certain death of her mate.

In a cell, far from his grieving mate, Raphael hissed at the guards standing just outside the door. The heavy rope was abrasive against his wings but he barely felt it. The potent rage was felt far more than some heavy rope. One guard merely laughed at his prisoner's obvious rage the other smirked. Both knew that the time would come when the prisoner's memories were abraded from his mind. Things had changed since the escape of more than ten experiments all those years ago. Raphael knew some of this, he was not his Gwen's mate for nothing! The lock on the door was innocuous enough but should he try? No. He had better chances at waiting to escape, and when he did, blood would rain from the skies.

Reactions: 1 person