Five Word Challenge #4

K

Kitti

Original poster
Five Word Challenge
Presented by: Kitti!

[bg=#C5E3BF]
This challenge is to help strengthen your vocabulary. You'll learn new words and how to use them in roleplay posts, stories, poems, etc!

Instructions:
1. Aim for a minimum of 1-3 paragraphs. If you'd like to write more than that, then go for it!
2. Make sure you use each word in your post. Be as creative as you'd like.
3. Style the writing like you would for a story. It can be describing a setting, or written from the perspective of a character. Whatever you feel would work the best.
4. Have fun with this, of course!

The Words:

• Adumbrate (v.) - To produce a faint image or resemblance of; to outline or sketch.
    [*] Clarion (adj.) - Loud and shrill.
    [*] Susurrus (n.) - A soft murmuring or rustling sound; whisper.
    [*] Vivisepulture (n.) - An act or instance of burying someone alive.
    [*] Nocive (adj.) - Harmful; injurious.

[/bg]

I nodded as the client described the target, my hand moving to unconsciously adumbrate what I thought the guy would look like. I let out a soft,"On it.",after the description was done and, snatching up my tool bag and the sketch, left my temporary base with barely a susurruss. I swung my leg over the seat of my motorcycle and rode the short distance to the coffee shop the mark frequented, leaving it parked near the door. I strode inside and waited, ordering a coffee and danish after two minutes. I may be an assassin-for-hire, but even assassins got hungry. Sometimes. As I finished my short meal the target walked in, ordering the usual espresso he had every morning. He quickly counted out the money, nodded in thanks, and hurried out the door. I left the money for my food on the table, along with a tip, and followed at a more subdued pace. I mounted my motorcycle again and started it up, following the guy's truck onto the street and out of town. Ten miles from the previous town and ten miles to the next, I pulled out my dart gun and shot the guy's tire flat, pushing the button to activate the incendiary and destroy the evidence of tampering. As he pulled to the side of the road and got out to assess the damage, I pulled from my tool bag a short, smooth pole with a flat, wide piece attached to the end. I snuck up behind him without a sound and, with one fluid motion, delivered a nocive thump to the back of his head. He collapsed instantly and without a sound, was easily hefted on the back of my bike with gloved hands, and was driven five miles into the desert spreading out on either side of the road. I dug a quick, shallow grave and dumped the guy in, piling the removed dirt back onto him with a vivisepultural air. "Nothing personal.", I said to him companionably,"Just business.",before riding back to his truck,spooling a long length of string into the fuel tank,and lighting the end. I rode away as fast as the speed limit would allow - no need to incriminate myself any further than I might - and a few moments later a clarion drew up behind me. It caught up and turned into a loud boom in the distance behind me. I rode the rest of the way to the rendezvous point with a smirk on my face.