Five Word Challenge #1

K

Kitti

Original poster
Five Word Challenge
Presented by: Kitti!

[bg=#6EFF70]
This challenge is to help strengthen your vocabulary. You'll learn new words and how to use them in roleplay posts, stories, poems, etc!

Instructions:
1. Aim for a minimum of 1-3 paragraphs. If you'd like to write more than that, then go for it!
2. Make sure you use each word in your post. Be as creative as you'd like.
3. Style the writing like you would for a story. It can be describing a setting, or written from the perspective of a character. Whatever you feel would work the best.
4. Have fun with this, of course!

The Words:

• Bathos (n.) - An abrupt transition in style from the exalted to the commonplace, producing a ludicrous effect.
    [*]Numen (n.) - Divine power or spirit; a deity, especially one presiding locally or believed to inhabit a particular object.
    [*]Orectic (adj.) - Of or pertaining to desire; appetitive.
    [*]Jubilate (v.) - To show or feel great joy; rejoice; exult.
    [*]Telesm (n.) - A kind of amulet or magical charm.

[/bg]

TREACHERY

"Again! Say it again!"

Craaaaaaaaack!

"I know what I've done and who I've become! I am the Mistress of your Suffering, the tongue that licks away your pa--"

"LOUDER!" The whip cracked again, this time, whipping a violent red line across her face. Blood blossomed from the fresh wound, painting a red river across her pale cheek. The tears that stained it earlier mixed into the exposed skin, burning and boiling beneath the gash. Still, she fought to maintain her stability through the torture. She battled against her inner desires to curl up and let him have his way with her. To allow him to tear her limb from limb, hanging them up around his throne like some trophies from his most prized game he had poached for in the wilderness. No one would expect for the King to do anything of that nature, of course. He was not only the King, but the High Priest as well, praising an entity that no one knew about before he stepped up to the throne once his uncle died.

Thus was her life, however. Watching the emending bathos of her royalty crumble by her mere mistake of summoning the large hawk in the middle of town. A wretched cough from the King made her look up, forcefully trying to see him through an eye that was swollen so much, it would have been closed had she not been struggling to keep it open. A blurred vision of his long, opaque coat filled eyes, her mouth gaping open but not releasing anything but sputtering and ragged breaths.

The king was not pleased.

Craaaaaaaaaaaack!

"I SAID, LOUDER!

"I KNOW WHAT I'VE DONE AND WHO I'VE BECOME! I AM THE MISTRESS OF YOUR SU-SUFFERING! THE TONGUE THAT LICKS...LICKS AWAY YOUR PAIN!" There was an orectic chuckle from deep within his throat each time her voice squeaked a pitch higher than normal. He groped at his pants, touching himself at the thought of her shrieking the same way she was doing now. At the sheer sight of her mouth gaping open as she apologized to him over and over again of her treachery; of her mistake at bending magic to her will in the middle of his people. He bent closed to her ear, a sadistic coughing lining his chuckle.

"A numen they spoke of...the way that hawk soared from nothing more than a flash of light, wasn't it...?" The question was rhetorical, she knew, but nothing came out but a yelp of pain, her bound hands suddenly losing their feeling and allowing for a stinging numbness to overtake the place of the blood pumping in her veins. There was a shuffle before a blinding white light pulsed through her right temple. Her head quickly whipped to the side, the jangle of her telesm attached to a bronze chain on her neck reaching her ears as if it were the only sound she heard through her own screams. She had no idea where the blow had come from or what she was hit with. She only screamed.

"Yes! Now you scream to the skies of your defiance! Shout!" The pain came again. Quicker. Harder. Brighter.

"Aiiiiiiieeeee!" Mingled in her screams was the King's harsh laughing, his voice ringing through the jubilation of his internal, sick thoughts. In his mind, she was bare, shrieking exactly as she was now. The light from the hawk summoning had surrounded the two in his thoughts while he toyed with her, tortured her, murmured for her to repeat the phrase again. To remind him that she was the tongue that licked away his pain.

Oh, how he yearned for those words again....

He was the King and Kings get whatever they wish.

The fanfare declared the long awaited arrival of the glorious Queen Barellie of Guttenlo West Valley to the Golden Sea. Flags waved high above the stores and village homes. Common folk of the entire valley not only of our own but that of the East and due South came to receive the Queen. All were jubilate and brought with them a tide of gifts. Most gifts were humble being that of cattle, game or grain. Women brought their best hand sew garments. Gowns made from simple material. None made of fine silk and not a soul could offer her a telesm with golden hilt. No they were common yet loyal.

The sky was cloudless for even they knew better than to cover up the beauty that road within the gilded carriage. Music played in every corner of the village. Laughter and merriment filled the air as a blanket of peace and joy dance along with the jesters. Yes this was a time of great excitement; it rivaled that of orectic in its level of passion to please the waiting subjects. With baited breath they stood in line, rows upon rows of color, age and dress to greet the woman that would forever change the land.
A numen no more for she had been released by the great wizard Gilbert Von Tottlefink. He was the only one left with that know the spell to mix and brewed her into freedom. Trapped within an empty mug she waited for the right brew to fill her for that was the only way she could be released and freed. He was the only one that knew the blend.

The right collection of beans from the right garden in the right season and lastly it had to be made with passion. A desire to correct the errors of timing and seal the freshness to preserve the flavor in order to release her from the trap of the potter that stole her heart and made her into a plain mug and set her on a shelf to be forgotten. The call of the deep blue ripped her away many years ago and she had suffered under the sea for far too long. Now she had returned.

The carriage came to a halt before the steps of the temple. Ready were we all for the grand arrival. Cheering for the Queen came to a roar as every man; woman and child near tears for their elation came to a climax. Their beloved queen was back. Her worship had returned and ready they were when suddenly an explosion of steam escaped the carriage. Steam rolled out its tiny windows. Heat followed and out stepped an oversized coffee bean in high heels a diamond crown upon her head. Bathos of the queen, a trick a spell it couldn't be. The people were not sure. Reduced to tears confusion and utter bewilderment her arrival tripped the minds and tangled the hearts of the people. I however reached for the hand of my love.