Five Nights at Freddy's

H

Hatsune Candy

Original poster
Anyone here play this game? I'm really tempted to buy it on Steam for myself. I played the demo and I did... not so great...
-but I rather enjoyed it. Which is weird because I normally hate horror games, now I'm not so sure about that.

Also Five Nights at Freddy's 2 comes out in 2015, trailer released a few days ago, soo... that's a thing.

Fnaf2.jpg

I played it! (Legally or not, who knows?) It was a little too jump scare-y for me. After a few times it just didn't affect me anymore. But boy, when it did!

Also screw that wolf, animatronics ain't got no business running around like that.

Foxy is the least of my concerns, it's that freakin' bear. I watched Markipiler play this game and Freddy gave him so much trouble on the last few nights.

I barely managed to make it to the end of the demo in one piece, I can't imagine how I'll actually beat the game.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
Markiplier's playthrough of that game is pretty funny though. I watched it just so I wouldn't have to play the game myself. The Golden Freddy moment was terrifying though. T-T

Golden Freddy is literally the product of someone's nightmares. Though Five Night's at Freddy's as a gam is made so much more interesting through fan theories :D

Well I bought the game and I made up to night 5 relatively okay ...and then I just about got the worst scare of my entire life, by far.
I-I... I think... I think I'm done for a while...

That being said, I am super excited for what's in store in Five Nights at Freddy's 2~
Here's the trailer if ya haven't seen it already:

Also, yes, fan theories, ya gotta love them. They add so much more life to the game!
It's just as much fun for me to read through all the different things people have come up with as it is to play the actual game.

Well I bought the game and I made up to night 5 relatively okay ...and then I just about got the worst scare of my entire life, by far.
I-I... I think... I think I'm done for a while...
That being said, I am super excited for what's in store in Five Nights at Freddy's 2~
Here's the trailer if ya haven't seen it already:
Also, yes, fan theories, ya gotta love them. They add so much more life to the game!
It's just as much fun for me to read through all the different things people have come up with as it is to play the actual game.
That's terrifying OMG XD The Foxy theory in my opinion is actually right :D

I've considered playing it because maybe it would help me with my paranoia and anxiety.

Or it might make it worse.

Not sure if I should make the gamble or not. :P

I have watched some videos of it being played but I Have never actually played it myself. I have wanted to though. I just don't have a good enough computer to support it.

You should get it, it's a great game that scares the living crap outta me.

I have watched some videos of it being played but I Have never actually played it myself. I have wanted to though. I just don't have a good enough computer to support it.
How do you know that, though? Have you tried running it on your computer before? There is a demo you can download just to see if it will work and I reckon the game really doesn't take up all that much computer power.

How do you know that, though? Have you tried running it on your computer before? There is a demo you can download just to see if it will work and I reckon the game really doesn't take up all that much computer power.
I will definitely give it a try. I just figured that since Slender doesn't work on my computer then. Five Nights at Freddy's wouldn't work.

Five Nights at Freddy's was a really fun and terrifying game. I knew what I set myself up for, but I still got scared over and over. (Meanwhile, I've only won once in the few times I've played.)

I personally love watching the Let's Plays because other people's reactions to the game is hilarious. I recommend getting it because why not.

Crazy thing is. I don't like games that scare. And yet I had to play that one. Play it in the dark. At night. So it's all you think about as you go to sleep.

Pssh, you'll be fiiine.

I don't see the appeal. I mean, for 5 bucks it delivers what it promises, but for me a good horror game is about immersion and managing a power level while dealing with jump scares just seems cheap an ineffective.

Five Nights at Freddy's is cheap peek-a-boo horror.

My kids are hooked on the game. I have it on my phone, their computers, and my computer. I prefer to play it on my phone though. It's actually pretty fun, especially if you're an oddball like me that enjoys jump scares. Nothing like looking at the camera and coming back to Bonnie eating your face off.

I don't see the appeal. I mean, for 5 bucks it delivers what it promises, but for me a good horror game is about immersion and managing a power level while dealing with jump scares just seems cheap an ineffective.
It's psychological horror. I mean, every horror game is psychological to some extent, that's how you get scared, but this game almost primarily psychological. The game feeds off of your paranoia by messing with you in ways you wouldn't necessarily expect, it only works if you're really immersed into the game; so I can see why some people might not like it. However, I will admit that it kinda gets old after a while, especially in the later nights where it's too difficult to be truly scary. The 2nd and 3rd nights are the best nights to play on if you ask me, because is just the right level of difficulty where it's enough be challenging, but not too much so in that it takes away from the horror. Besides, it's still fun even when it's not being scary.

The game is also best played blind, without watching Let's Plays prior to playing. Unfortunately, I watched Markiplier's playthrough several times before I bought my copy, so it wasn't nearly as scary as it ought to have been; still rather scary though. As if I would play a horror game blind, I'm only just starting to get into the genre.

I actually think that game looks pretty interesting. I will try to get it whenever I can.

Soo, this happened, apparently some people got early access to Five Night's 2