1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
I want you to think back! Think far back, very far back! Back to your first days here on Iwaku! Have you done it? Good. Now I want you to think about your very first status message. Do you remember it? No?

Well, I guess you could just go look at your profile too. That is way easier than trying to remember! Was it something funny? A nervous hello? Excited? Do you remember why you posted it?

My first status message was just "unimportant". I don't know if I was being sarcastic, depressing (highly doubt it :D) or what. It's just that ONE word and it's so frustrating because I really wanna know what I meant by that!

My first message was super generic, which makes sense I guess, knowing me!

New here, still learning the ropes!

Yep. Kinda uninspiring. XD

Oh boi... Mine was:

When people act surprised that you're still alive.

I remember that I had finally texted back a friend who then proceeded to act surprised that I was still alive. Shows how bad I'm at keeping contact. XD

• Haha
Reactions: Joan
Mine was...

If I seem a bit out of it this week I am taking some rather strong pain medication that I know makes me a little bit dopey, please bare with

I had dropped 20 or so kilo's of steel right on ma tootsies and the doctors gave my the strong pain medication to help.

Last edited:
my first status message is the one currently applied: "I LIVE IT HOW I GET IT"

which matched with my former custom title of "I GET IT HOW I LIVE IT"

it's deep cause it's symmetrical. but no, twas catchy lines from a N.E.R.D x Rihanna jam.

My first status message was:

My replacement is 30 mins late. That's cool, not like I have shit to do...like go to class or anything.

and I don't remember what job I was working at the time but I think the message is pretty clear xD

When I joined, we didn't have status messages! We only had profile messages, which let you comment on other people's profiles--but not your own. You also couldn't respond to messages on your own profile; you had to go to their profile to respond.

When we transferred to Xenforo, all the old profile messages got integrated into the new Profile Message/status system rather than being deleted, so I'd have to comb past several years of profile messages to find the first post I made on my own profile.

L O A D I N G

Even after the switch, it took maybe a year before I posted a status on my own profile. I don't really post statuses very often; my current one is over six months old and the one from before that was I think from 2016.

I finally found my first ever status on page 10 of 28:

I already KNOW everything about whales!

Posted March 16, 2014.

I deleted my first one. It was probably something like "checking this place out" or otherwise something a touch edgy.

The oldest one I didn't delete is: It seems the moment I get caught up is the moment I suddenly have ten other things I need to do.

in 2010

Diana I WAS KILLED BY THE DEMONS

I was probably babysitting at the time. 8D

in 2010

Diana I WAS KILLED BY THE DEMONS

I was probably babysitting at the time. 8D
Oh, did I misremember and you could post on your own profile? You definitely couldn't respond to messages on your profile though. I remember the days of having back-and-forth messages across profiles; one of my first ones was with you. 8D

...But like who posted on their own profile back then? They also didn't display as statuses at the top of your page! So that is not a status >:P

Reactions: RAIN.cloud
LOOK THIS FORUM HAS GONE THROUGH 10000000 UPDATES I DON'T KNOW WHEN AND WHERE THINGS HAPPENED. T___T

All I know, that is the first one on my profile page posted by me. O_O

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Astaroth
"New and ready to rumble."

I was an 18-year-old child, what did you expect? The majority of my statuses were complete nonsense and/or extremely situational and specific.

Oh, and I have to put "There needs to be cohesion" here simply because of how bizarre and pointless it is. Wonder what it meant.

The mysteries of past me will forever confound even the brightest of minds.

I'm a wee new thing! Shhh

I don't use status messages much and can be a bit utilitarian about them, which brings us to my first very inspiring status update:
Away July 26 - August 6; Should be caught up prior to that. Send a message if you need me.

Profound.

Apparently mine was :
-cough- Hi.

Am surprised it wasn't a mini rant :'D

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Haha
Reactions: Nemopedia and Kitti
Oh no.

That was part of my unironically edgy poetic phase.

2014 was when I first joined. And my first status message was...

Noob alert.

Yeah.

Seems legit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
AHAHAHA. I didn't expect this thread to be this hilarious. You all write odd things in your statuses. I'm pretty sure mine was, "Singing in the rain, baby." And there was no particular reason for it, I just couldn't think of anything to put.