Fire Emblem: The Exalted March (Shapeshifters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The envoy stood still for a moment - in nothing but complete silence. As if she hadn't noticed one of them had stayed longer then need be. She stared longingly out to the ravaging waves, shaking herself out of a trance a few minutes after the slightly broken words came to her ears. She took in a breath for a moment, turning around quietly and gracefully. She tilted her head to the side offering a smile to her fellow dragon kin. She walked over with long and elegant strides stopping close enough that her chest almost touched his.

She offered a gentle smile, her hands tracing the wounds now closed like that of a comforting mother. With the Envoy it was always hard to tell who you were really speaking to. It could be Naga himself taking control of his avatar and using her to send out a message or it could simply be just her; a Manakete who wants nothing but peace for all the races, Branded, Laguz, Taguel - it didn't matter. The Envoy was happy to have her place, to be able to hold enough influence to make this war stop. She only hoped that Naga would have a good reason for sending her own people into such a human territory.

"Head towards the gate child. It is simply down the main path, your companions have not left yet - if you hurry you'll be able to catch up." She said quietly and softly.

~

Gwenaviere looked at the cavalier with a mischievous smile. Her small red lips curved into a smile much more impish then the one her ever so exalted mother had.

"Perhaps, Ser Pony. Perhaps." She spoke her tone both teasing and tantalizing. Gwen was never good at making friends, much less controlling her words. She spoke her mind exactly how she meant it. Her mother had always told the young sly Manakete that it was a trait much too rare. Over the long years Gwen knew this to be just simple encouragement from one's maternal figure but no doubt she held some pride in the way she presented herself. She took pride in the aura that the Hawk had described.

"However, if you insist on calling me 'the daughter of the envoy'. Then I'd preferred to be called Gwen, Barus." She then spoke, her confident tone not faltering once despite the fact that the title sounded like it compared Gwen with her exalted mother which normally would have annoyed her much more. Gwen gave another smile.

"What does my aura tell you know Ser Pony?"

Her eyes darted to the taguel who had adressed her before she got the answer she was waiting for. She raised one light green eyebrow curiously at him during the whole proper gesture show. She laughed only slightly before rolling her eyes.

"Tactician you say, I hope you haven't forgotten we are a proud people with beast blood. There is no proper way to stick your fangs into flesh or to burn down a human. It's instinct that keeps our tribes alive Taguel." She spoke disrespectfully, looking off to the distance. She hated when people of her own blood actually embraced different occupations from humans.

~

"Ah..hello! Miss - er Lysander is fine.." The clumsy blonde branded spoke, slightly surprised by the fact that one of these beast people approached him. The reception he had received from just about everyone in this town aside from the envoy herself had been negative. He was truly frustrated that his foggy memory held the answer as to why they disliked him so, all he had done was wake up in the outlying fields not too far from the city and promptly get arrested by patrolling huge bunnies. He was nothing short of confused but he remembered the words spoken to him by the one they called the Envoy.

"You are something very valuable, Lysander. Something nobody can afford to lose.." What in seven hells was that woman talking about? Was he really something special before he lost his memory? He did not know.

Realizing he had akwardly gone rather silent in his conversation.

"Er..yes, yes. I'll accompany you." He spoke offering a sheepish and geeky smile.

Yep, he was still pretty confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carte simply smiled at the Envoy's daughter. "You are right, of course, ma'am, but while I cannot show you any better way to do what comes naturally, I can direct our comrades to advantageous positions on the battlefield. While it is true that our group could defeat any enemy when transformed, would you as well as our comrades know that only your kind could do much harm to a Beorc Knight, or that only Beast Laguz could save a Bird Laguz from certain death at the hand of archers, or that Hawks are our vanguard against Pegasi? These things seem simple to you, I have no doubt, ma'am, but some of our comrades lack experience or the initiative to study this. They require direction, and your fellow kin, Requiem, and myself are here to provide that direction."

Folle laughed at the Crow girl's jest and delighted at her sprightly steps. "It's been some time since I last found someone as energetic as you! We're gonna have lots of fun!" Folle tried for a moment to follow Aleria's steps before the Bird was called for attention by Requiem. Folle sighed and straightened up her posture, then hopped over to catch up with the amusing Crow.

"I have an idea of what to name my sword. I was thinking, after I get the hilt customized, I'd call it 'Naga's Star', since it was blessed by the Goddess Naga. I want to get the grip like a cane, curved opposite of the blade, and a broad guard so I can wield it agiley, but still have the advantage of a guard. Keep it open close to the pommel, though. I have uses for the design I have in mind."

He stared at the Manakete girl for a moment before balling his hands into fists. Barus had no idea what was coming over him, but the woman's voice was just enough to have his hairs on edge. The way she mocked him; The way she took Barus so lightly was a factor that helped in upping his amount of rage. She did acknowledge his request because she revealed her name, which was Gwen. But how was there a way to even appreciate the fact that she did when she did not even call him by his real name. She called him Ser Pony.

"Ser...Pony?"

Gwen did in fact have a tongue like knives, and if she were any other Laguz he might have even thrown a punch. Wait, no he wouldn't. Barus had a strict code against hitting woman, but he would at least give her a peace of his mind. His hands moves up to his helmet before grasping the sides and slipping it off. The cavalier's blue eyes stared into hers for a moment, before looking to the side. A grunt came from the Hawk before he returned his glare.

BarusArkendalNoHelmet_zpsf597fe66.jpg

"I don't know who you think YOU are. I want to make it clear that even though you are the daughter of the Envoy, you will have to earn my respect. We may be your subordinates to you or something, but in my eyes we are equals. I do not care for who you descend from, but only of you as a person and right now you are not giving off a good first impression."

He poked his index finger into her chest before leaning in closer, his nose almost close enough to touch hers.

"You got that?"

Barus backed up before finally noticing that the tactician was in their midst. He turned to the Taguel and nodded at him. "Barus is my name sir. I hope we can cooperate better than the likes of this woman HERE."

A flick of his head towards Gwen confirmed who he was speaking about. He was about to make his way out of the conversation before listening to the tactician, talking about who would save who and how they would be advantageous in certain situations.

"And you Carte, seem like a very enlightened fellow. I like the way you think things through. You may even be able to teach this girl a thing or two on conversing with others..."

Gwen raised her eyebrow at the revelation of the masked cavalier. He wasn't too bad looking. She kept her eyebrow up curiously as she took in minor details - the tense arms, th gruff breathing. My my, it seemed he was restraining himself. When he closed up on her, she did not falter. Her emerald irises just as intense and responsive as his diamond ones. Her milky white arms crossed as she leaned one leg tilting her head with her signature deviant smirk.

"My, it seems like Ser Pony has such a small temper. I wonder if it matches anything else about you Barus? Hm?" The dancer manakete asked still as teasingly as before. She knew full well what her implications were.

Gwen strided to where he'd have to face her. She looked at him seriously for a moment. "I'll have you know that I don't give a damn about who I 'descended' from either. I could be some lowly beorcian bitch or I could be the Envoy myself and I'd still react the same." Gwen spoke strongly. Her hand tossing the cool aqua green orb in her right hand, her left poking his chest while she tiptoed to get closer to his face.

"If you're so mad Ser Pony, then why don't you just start something? Afraid you won't be able to finish?" Gwenaviere spoke in a soft low tone that not only threatened but had a hint of seduction entranced into it. Her finger pushed in as she backed up casually, shrugging afterwards only offering him a lazy sideways glance.

"If it helps your decision, I'm much better with my Draco stone then I am with a blade" She told him loud enough and clear enough to give the whole group an impression of what she whispered in his ear.

Gwen knew not what infuriated her about this hawk man, maybe it was his low tolerance maybe they just didn't mix well. But if there's anything Gwen's sure of, she won't back down to anyone especially not Ser Pony.

Carte sighed tensely. This was unnecessary chaos in the ragtag group. As if the purist, racist kin wasn't enough of a problem, it seemed Gwen liked to get under people's skin, and Barus was simply quite offensible - although Carte seemed to be on his good side.

"Is there a reason you two are at ends with each other already? Ma'am, you are a Manakete. Barus, you are Laguz. We are supposed to be allies. I'm not implying we should all have some immediate respect for each other, but we do owe each other the basic courtesies between comrades. Save your anger for the enemy - in fact, why not make it a competition? See who can defeat the most enemies. Be they Beorc brigands, feral Laguz, or any other who would resist our cause, they're all even game. Barus, you have the advantage of being stronger, and your steed should lend you haste on the field, but Gwen here, she can maneuver more easily in combat, and she's quite the fighter herself.. You're both extremely capable, so instead of fighting each other and potentially getting someone hurt, why not engage in friendly rivalry?"

Perhaps Carte came off as too idealistic, but Barus, despite being a grumpy kind of person, was the sort to be the bigger man, and Gweneviere seemed like she would just give up and play along - or so he thought. Maybe she likes instigating tension. That was not a good thing, and if she did happen to egg Barus on, Carte might find his own fuse burning up, even in the face of the Envoy's daughter.

Reactions: 2 people
"That is enough!" Sari suddenly shouted snatching her head around to look at the quarreling pair. "Stop it. All of you!" Her voice had a slightly half-strangled sound to it, and the sharp ears that had picked up every word were now pinned back flat against her head. Her tail twitched from side to side in irritation.
She took a few steps forward, her hands clenching and unclenching in her skirt, and stared wide eyed up at all of them by turns.
"We haven't even started yet and you're already fighting?" she squeaked, "what does that say about our chances for success? I'm in the business of saving lives not harming them, and - and if we get out there on the battle field and I have to stitch one of you up because the other couldn't be bother I'll - I'll - I don't know what I'll do, but you're not going to like it!"

It was at this point that her own small temper began to get the better of her and Sari began blinking back tears. "Look," she squeaked softly, her small voice was easily heard though, "I've got supplies and a cart to get, and Mr. Barus, you said you'd help so - so please, can't we just go?"

She turned on her heels then, her entire form, ears tail and all, beginning to droop with the effort it had taken her to speak her mind. She sniffed softly as she passed Lysander, offering him a small smile to show it wasn't him she was upset with, before looking back over her shoulder to see if Barus was coming.

Reactions: 2 people

Gwen was certainly not intimidated by Barus's glare, in fact, it seemed as if she enjoyed provoking or having others angered at her. He wanted to wipe the smirk so badly off her face, but he knew that he shouldn't lay his hands on her, or there would be dire consequences. His ears perked up as he listened to her comment about a small temper, and she wondered if anything else was equal in size. Barus obviously knew what she was talking about, but he wasn't amused by her. He tried to look away from her, but the belligerent Manakete decided to get in his face anyways, and even reanimate the gesture he did by poking her finger into his chest, standing on her tiptoes to get closer. They were getting quite close, and he could not help but be slightly infatuated. It was his first time being this close to a woman in his life. He looked away for a moment to recompose himself before turning back to her. Carte tried to convince them that there was another way of settling this matter, such as seeing who can defeat more enemies in battle. It was a good proposition but Barus was having none of it. He wanted to settle things in his own way.

"Draco Stone, eh? I'll have you know that I'm pretty skilled with a lance. Maybe if you want, we could -"

His sentence was cut short by the yell of Sari from behind. If he could at that moment, he would have slapped himself in the face. He had completely forgotten about the task that he had to complete, and that was to go with Lysander and Sari to get some supplies and a cart for the road ahead. Why had he been such an idiot this whole time? Barus turned back to look at Sari, listening to the rest of her speech before sighing.

"I am truly sorry Sari, let us continue on our way."

Barus turned for once last time to look Gwen up and down. He smirked before turning his back on her and walked in front of the others to get to the shop for medicinal supplies faster. Gwen intrigued him.​

Carte sighed greatly in exasperation, the dramatic motion an expression of the weight on his mind. "It seems that Requiem and I are going to be the only ones level-headed around here... Maybe my kin, Folle, or maybe the Heron." He turned to Gweneviere and crossed his arms in concern. "Beg pardon, ma'am, but must you be so confrontational? I fear that despite your relation to the Envoy, my own rope is growing thinner with you, and I desperately do not want to be angry with you. I admire your tenacity, ma'am, but we cannot afford to have our allies at ends with each other. Gods, must we fight amidst ourselves before we set out?" He turned away and pinched the bridge of his nose to center himself.

"I must beg my leave, ma'am, I'm going to go help Barus and our healer, Sari with their efforts. We're meeting in front of the gate, correct?" With that, Carte sighed once more and puffed out his chest for a moment before relaxing his shoulders again. When he finished, he began to walk after Barus and Sari, his mind weighed heavily with this conundrum.

It wouldn't take long for Auri to warm up to one to kind. Seeing her much in the same light as he did Osiel, the one who had healed his wounds. However, at first he would seem incredibly apprehensive. Even flinching when she went to touch, and caress him almost as though he were expecting a brutal whipping for being ignorant and useless. Nevertheless, tired weary eyes stared at her as he stood still. It wasn't courage that allotted such brazen boldness, but instinct. He had been trained to do many things and accepting beatings was one of them. Again the tribulations of being a former slave were all too apparent. He didn't know what the word 'affection' even meant, even less what it was. The softness of her touch was so undeniable, yet her warmth...that was something so completely alien to him.

"Head towards the gate child. It is simply down the main path, your companions have not left yet - if you hurry you'll be able to catch up."

Perhaps it was a lapse of judgement, or maybe just maybe he felt safe there in that moment with this other Manakete. Whatever it was, it had Auri lift up his two muscle bound arms, looking more like knotted rope than limbs normally seen on a Manakete male or otherwise, and he carefully placed them around her lithe form, curling most certainly like her wings would when not in use--holding her. Embracing her closely enough that she could hear his massive heart palpitating beneath the fibers of flesh and scars. Meanwhile, he tilted his head ever so slightly and rested it most surprisingly atop hers. He stood like this for only a short time, but his hold would be surely the safest she might have ever known.

Because of his inherent flame-like qualities due impart to him being a fire elemental Manakete--His skin was always unusually warm. Not so hot to burn, but one could sit near him and never be cold. It was one of those things that made Manaketes so unique, aside from their fangs and their claws and obviously--wings. It was a quality all its own. With a deep inhale that might as well have sounded like he WERE in his dragon form, he exhaled slowly letting the woman's ears listen to the powerful breath. But silence would be broken when he would say something rather peculiar. Almost like, he were reading her mind.

"Everything that I can't be, is everything you should be." Auri spoke, but it was so unlike the simple tongue he had before then.

Parting ways, his shaggy hair was covering his face now. It hid those ruby eyes under strands upon strands of carmine. It hid who, or what was actually speaking to her. He now had his hands on either shoulder almost as if reassuring her of her worries, her doubts. Then, without further words the giant turned away--walking with purpose towards the exit. In opening the door, Auri's usual personality kicked in. His eyes gawking at the realm around him. It was something he hadn't taken notice of before--his only intent was getting here, not stopping to see the sights.

"Auri find gate! Auri find bird-man who make Auri better!"

The Envoy only stayed silent during the sudden change in aura from the manakete man. She knew him to be a former slave, liberated by some brave beast warriors. But when he pulled her into that unexpected hug and spoke to her such cherished words, she couldn't help but snuggle into his chest. Feeling the warmth of a fire manakete. When the hug she knew that the person who stood before her was not the one whom had entered. She opened her mouth to ask questions left unanswered too long but, surprisingly no words came. So she simply watched as he left before turning around and walked towards her window. Her long elegant fingers slightly brushed her desk as she passed it. There was much to think about.

~

Gwenaviere was nothing less then excited at the sound of a proposal but when the cat healer took her attention away from the bumbling half to shout at him she sinked down a little. Glaring at Barus as she poked her tongue to the inside of her cheek childishly. She was that close to getting to pound that damned hawk into the ground and just like that her teasing remarks and sly gestures amounted to one amount - nothing. She was a bit more then just simply annoyed.

Her arms went back to being crossed beneath her cleavage, flicking her nose upwards as she passed by Barus who turned his attention to the cat. She made a distinct humph sound and continue towards the gate ahead of everyone else. She walked down the long entwining pathways, ignoring the judgemental looks she got from her fellow shapeshifters. Despite her fierce loyalty to the race, the citizens of her city were anything but that to her. Maybe that was why she had such a hard time making friends, after all nobody would want to befriend the impish manakete girl. Well, aside from Aseyr.

He was a mischievous taguel who was more or less Gwen's only friend. They had met while she was practicing dancing during her younger years. She was much more gullible then and still as incredibly stubborn. He was a thieving knave who stole her coin purse while she wasn't looking. Gwen had noticed and she chased him, relentlessly. Eventually beating him to a pulp when he was cornered and vowed to never hit an innocent woman. After Gwen realized she had somehow broke his arm, she brought him to her mother and got him fixed up. Whilst waiting for him to fully recuperate the two of them forged a bond. A bond that made the fact that he was waiting for her right in the middle of the taguel district, his arms crossed and his smile wide.

"Ah - there you are you little envoy." He spoke carelessly, his title for her drenched in a cheesy accent inspired by those who addressed the Envoy with unneeded accolades. Gwen glared before punching his gut only for him to keel over for just a moment.

"Oh shut up.." Gwen muttered under her breath.

"Yeah, yeah I get it. Damn. For a dancer you really pack a punch.." The taguel groaned quietly as he organized himself. Gwen only pouted childishly so he laughed before ruffling her light green locks playfully. "So I heard of this expedition your going on. And Iwas wondering if I could come, yeah? I mean who else could you trust picking locks and stealing hearts?" He then continued, his meaningless rambling only annoying his much shorter companion. She shoved him shortly afterwards.

"You're an idiot."

"Is that a no little envoy?"

"..."

"Ah ha! So you do realize my abilities are rather important eh? Where's the other members of this expedition? Why don't I go introduce myself?"

The taguel simply laughed loudly, grabbing the manakete's forearm only to drag her back upwards the path she had just went down. Most who found themselves near the Taguel district common ground, didn't find this suprising. They always knew of the loud and rambunctious rabbit-kin and his loud habits with the Envoy's daughter. In fact it was almost daily did he drag her around like that.

Sari's ears continued to droop as she led the way back through the city and down to the cat district where her shop was located. She did pause to wait for Catre when she realized the tactician was following, but she didn't say much as they walked.

Once they reached the cat district it became clear she was leading the way to a small dwelling on the edge of it. The place was composed of three separate buildings with a little patch of grass that separated them, a short fence, and lots of flowerpots and plants bins that had a variety of herbs and flowers growing in them. Upon closer inspection it'd be easy to see that the flowerpots in question were nothing more than old buckets, a rusty wash basin, a couple chipped mixing bowels, and a rather large man's boot. The paint was peeling, the fence had loose rails, and over all it was very clear that Sari and anyone she lived with was quite poor.

The building on the far right was actually a haphazardly build lean-too that housed a decently aged, but not old, buckskin mare. There was a cart, in surprisingly well kept condition, set next to it, and the way the mare was munching on a mouthful of hay implied that while its home wasn't much to look at it was very well cared for. The horse and cart belonged fully to Sari, She had purchased them together the year before to help with gathering any medicinal plants she couldn't grow in the buckets, and taking her knitted goods to market.

"If - If some of you could get Apple hitched to the cart I'll step inside and explain to Gran and - and we can get supplies and things."
Sari was quick to slip into the small house on the left of the yard, the front of which had obviously been converted into a small apothecary shop. Through the window the men could see her talking to a stooped old cat woman with more grey in her hair then black while a girl in her early teens bounced on the balls of her feet nearby.

After a few minutes the other occupants of the house came out, the old woman leaning heavily on her cane.
"I don't know why Sari gets to go off and have an adventure," the girl was grumbling her black tail swishing with indignation, "Quest for the envoy or not that leaves me with all her work." She pulled open the door to the third and smallest building, little more than a tool shed really, and inside the men could see what was obviously a work room for the making of various medicines.
"Phaa, I don't know what you're complaining about youngling," Gran raised her cane to wave it at her, "you run about with your friends all day, you could do with learning a little responsibility. beside, we can't expect your cozen to stay here forever. She's already done enough for us. Eventually she'll want a life of her own making."

"You sir," Gran swung the cane around to point at Lysander, "I understand this whole thing is to help you get your mind back, that what you used to know could help all of us a great deal. I'm holding you personally responsible for my Sari's well being, Do you hear! Now, as I am holding you responsible, you can go inside and help her get her things together. Go on now, be useful!"
Gran didn't even watch to see if he did as she said, rather she turned around and began ordering the others about as well. She was an old cat, not able to do much anymore besides give orders and teach the making of medicine.
"Gentlemen, I expect the lot of you to do your share as well. As it has been a very long time since I have taken a journey, one of you can help me figure out what you need. Vulneraries I suppose, anti-toxin . . . In lieu of payment the other can see what he can do about fixing my fence."
"Graaannnn, the girl whined as she came out of the workshop her arms loaded with a box of various medical supplies, "Can't you just take money like a normal person?"
"Most normal people around here don't have money to spare, Mini." Gran croaked, "Besides, they need supplies and I need that fence fixed. I see no reason why that can't be called a fair trade."

IconAurieus_zpsa97e86fe.jpg
Auri roamed the path ahead of him, just as the Envoy had instructed. However, simple minds are easily swayed and there were curiosities abound the Bazaar. Which, as it so happened, to be on the way-to-the-gate. Never having seen these various trinkets, gadgets and gizmos--he was needless to say, fraught with wonder and joy. Shimmering gold and silver dazzled him, while bubbling potions captured his imagination as to what they did. Still, this all wound up confusing him because he had wandered so far, he was no longer on the path he once was, though the path he WAS on looked very similar. Still, with no sign of a gate he started to panic and worry. And you know what you don't want in a bazaar full of gold silver and glass flasks filled with mysterious liquids that were bubbly?

A larger than life manakete, that's what.

"Oh no! Auri stray! Auri gonna get whipped by voice lady!" Auri looked around frantically.

The people looked the same. The structures looked the same. Nothing stood as a clear enough marker for him to discern one path from the next, and he could very well read the signs that may have pointed him to the gate. No, he could only do the next best thing. Grab a random passerby, and vault him incredibly high in the air in hopes that he could see Osiel.

"Auri toss you up. You find bird man." Auri stated, already cradling the Taguel in his arms like an infant.

"W-what?! No! Wai-" The man's voice faded, as he flailed wildly some twenty five feet in the air screaming before he plummeted.

Auri caught him of course, but that wasn't the point. Rabbits were never made to fly, and there was a reason. They didn't have wings firstly, and more often then not--didn't like heights. Especially not THOSE kinds of heights. Especially not THOSE kinds of heights brought on by a nearly seven foot manakete looking for a bird Laguz. The effects were simple: he pissed himself on the way down.

"You find birdman?" Auri asked.

"....." The Taguel shook violently.

Auri sniffed the air. Something didn't smell quite right. He lifted the rabbit up and sniffed then reeled his head away.

"You no smell good. Auri put you down now." He told the rabbit, setting him down as promised. When he did, the Taguel made way--anyway he could, dashing off seemingly in a hurry.

"Guess floppy eared person in hurry?" He inquired, he continued searching for a means to find Osiel. As Osiel was kind to him.

He found such means, in an actual bird. A falcon to be exact. He leaned into the sharp beaked predator, eyes fixed on the the birds blinking orbs.

"You find birdman. Birdman show Auri where gate is!" The merchant was too busy barter to notice Auri picking the bird up. It was only when he arched his arm back did the merchant try to hurriedly.

I was too late. The bird let off a screech as it was thrown like a fast ball into the air. Some flares didn't go that fast. It was virtually 'diving' upwards.

"What are you thinking?!" the merchant hollered.

"He go find bird man." Auri replied honestly.

"Birdman?! Who the hell is birdman?!" The merchant raised a stick. "Get!"

"Ahhh! Auri no hurt!" Auri began to run away from the merchant, toppling just about everything, and everyone in the way.

Auri ran, misdirected, confused and utterly lost. Coming around a bend, he had rushed into a bad part of Rausten. It was notoriously shady. Suffice it to say that all realms had bad lots in them. He slid and fell over; his build counter acting his equilibrium sending him to the ground in front of a couple of thugs who turned to spot him. They had an assortment of weapons already on hand.

"Who the hell are you?" One questioned, perking a brow.

"Auri is Auri." Auri replied sitting up on his knees facing them.

"Auri is Auri? A smart ass huh?" The wolf Laguz commented. "We got ways of dealing with smart asses. It doesn't matter how big!"

He looked to his partner, and they both kicked him down forwards. Auri's hand's caught him, planting swiftly in front of him. They then began to continuously kick and punch at him. One even straddling his huge body, taking hold of the manacle around his throat trying to choke him. But their own particular brand of savage 'justice' would backfire when the manacle infused with dark magic was removed by accident, sending the wolf tumbling backwards--manacle in hand. I'f a fire dragons skin seemed hot, then his temper was like sticking your hand into an inferno.

Auri hadn't moved an inch. But the Laguz had looked around and then down at his hand questioningly. The ordinarily loud and boisterous Auri was now as silent as a grave with his hair pooling on the ground past his face.

"Now why...did you go and do that for?" An unfamiliar voice spoke. " I guess I could...thank you. That idiot couldn't find his way anywhere."

The manakete called Aureilus slowly stood up up from his knelt position. Suddenly their words, particularly the part about not caring about how big someone was--was now terribly overstated. He was the biggest manakete they had ever seen. Sure he 'looked' big on his knees, but they figured he couldn't be much taller. They were so very wrong. And with his muscle mass, that only seemed to make their opinion that much more in the favor of fearing that Naga had sent a monster to make them repent for their misdeeds.

However, this 'monster' didn't car about repenting. It was much too late for that. It had other things in mind. The massive man then turned around to face them. They could no longer see his face through the obscuring tendrils of hair that fell before it--but they surely felt his eyes on them. Their canine senses could feel his burdening gaze bearing down on them.

"Here, let me show you my gratitude." Aureilus then said.

"You really don't nee-" The Laguz' words were cut short as a hand, a massive hand, latched onto his face, vaulted the man's entire body and slammed his head with enough force that it went through the wooden structure behind him.

The movement was fluid--not so much graceful as terrifyingly effective and brutal and it mimicked the thrusting of a spear. The other Laguz attempted to get away, but he was too caught but rather than using his head like a battering ram, he gripped quite forcefully around the Laguz's throat, making it abundantly clear not to trifle with him. If that weren't enough incentive, his talons were scraping over his pulse and he released an almost animal like snarl.

"Where.is.the main gate?" He demanded.

"It's that way, follow that road until you get there." The Laguz pointed, trembling.

Aureilus looked, then glanced back. He slammed the second man's head through he wall as well.

"I'll leave you two to hang around some more." Aureilus said picking up the manacle.

He then made leeway for the road suggested, and followed it. As he came upon the group gathered--though still a ways away--he had a choice to make:

He could place the manacle back on, and return to the mentality of an idiot.

Or

He could leave it off, and live with unbridled anger seething in his veins. What kind of stupid choice was that?

He WAS angry. Angry at the world. Angry for the way it worked; Beorc or Laguz. Neither seemed to care enough to do anything about him or the others. Not his parents, not those he was forced to kill to survive.

"Everything I can't be, is everything you should be. That's why you are here." The phrase swam in his mind. It made him wonder. It made him question.

Soon enough, he placed the collar back and the dumb idiot that was simply 'Auri' returned.

"Auri make it! Auri here! No mad at Auri!"

Miruru's sudden movement caught Ferrus off-guard, knocking him off-balance. He grabbed his cloak as he fell to the ground, he didn't wish to be unmasked so soon after all. And while this prevented the cloak from falling askew, it meant that left his face unprotected. Ferrus' face hit the ground with a nice smack.

As Ferrus got up and dusted himself off he heard Miruru's choice of food, which had now become his choice of food as well. Just carrots? But I wanted a variety of food..., he complained silently. His stomach chided him, at this point any food was better than no food. Ferrus felt a warm wet sensation trickling down his face and realized that his nose was bleeding. He started mopping up the blood with his sleeve, as he turned to face Miruru and the pile of carrots she was no doubt buying with his money. What he saw was probably the most adorably cute thing he had seen in his 45 years of existence.

Ferrus was glad he had an excuse for covering his face, for he couldn't help but smile at the small Taguel's abrupt change in personality. It was just too funny, at the temple she had been a ball of ferocity and hatred. Scornful of both Beorc and Branded, as well as the Laguz who had started using their tools. But here all of a sudden was a bright-eyed and literally bushy-tailed girl whose only care in the world was exactly how many carrots she would be getting from the Heron merchant. Not to mention that cute bushy tail was twitching as well! Ferrus doubled over in silent laughter.
She's too cute...but I can't laugh...if I laugh, I will die. This was easily the oddest situation that Ferrus had ever been in.

Miruru took the lion's share of the carrots,
Or would it be rabbit's share, Ferrus wondered stifling another fit of giggles. He took the remaining seven carrots off the counter, thanking the merchant as he did so, and followed the Taguel to a bench. He sat beside her and began to eat, trying not to look in her direction. The sight of Miruru scarfing carrots down would probably have Ferrus choking on his own when he laughed.

Ferrus ate four of his seven carrots, placing the other three in an inner pocket of his cloak. He nervously tapped Miruru on the shoulder, to get her attention away from the pile of carrots and towards him.
"We should probably meet up with the others soon. We wouldn't want to be left behind. Thank you for showing me this place, I didn't know what I was going to do if I couldn't find somewhere to eat!" He didn't mention the other things he was thinking, like why did you spend all my money on carrots, did you lead me here specifically because you could get carrots, and most importantly why did you take the majority of the carrots when you paid for none of them?

He looked around, Ferrus was still unfamiliar with the city so he had no idea where the main gate was located in relation to their current position, "How do we get back? And," Ferrus recalled the hectic journey here, "is there anyway we could go at a slower pace?"

Reactions: - Falcon -
Soaring so high, Dietrch was above even the clouds themselves. Below was nothing but a sea of white 'fluff', and the occasional mountain peak jutting like an island. The sun was so bright and warm up here where the sun could reach you. What was the method of which he could reach such heights you ask? Why, his wyvern of course!

What's a wyvern you say? Its a fifteen foot tall, thirty foot long lizard with a wing span of forty feet and a large poisonous barbed tail that can smash trees! Also, they tend to like eating lamb. Like, a lot. So much in fact, Dietrch was starting to think may--just maybe--he should put the little fella on a diet. But how do you go ABOUT putting a fifteen foot tall, thirty foot long lizard with a wing span of forty feet and large, poisonous barbed tail?

He could tell it to fly. Sure.

He could get it to fight for him. Absolutely!

But could he get it to stop raiding farms and cities and robbing them of precious live stock? Not.a.chance.in.hell.

It was so adamant about that rule, it abadoned him on a small island out in the middle Naga knew where--while it went and ate eighteen lambs! Eighteen! All the work he had done, all the money had saved. Gone. Just gone. And did he get any lamb? Nooo, nooo sir. He had to settle for tough jerky. So it goes to show you--don't fuck with a fifteen foot tall, thirty foot long lizard with a forty foot wing span and a large poisonous barbed tail's lamb chop fetish.

It goes quite badly for you.

On the other hand--there was no freedom quite like this otherwise. And when it rained or down poured, his buddy Fafnir always extended a wing to cover him. Whenever he was wounded, carried Dietrch to safety. The both loved to nap in the mid afternoon sun--you'd swear Fafnir was a cat. But when things got serious, he was right there with Dietrch; either as a team, or as a mount. It didn't matter. You could tell the bond was unbreakable and you didn't have to be around them that long.

Coming upon the more mountainous region of Raustan. It was more prominent because, lets face it--the city was smack dab in the mountains. Gripping the reigns on Fafnir a bit more tightly--he clicked his tong and down dove the reptilian mount--folding its large wings into itself causing a streamlining effect. Dietrch himself, leaned forwards like he were riding a race horse. His halberd axe strapped to his black armored suit which gleamed as the sun shone on it.

But then he noticed something. Fafnir was going to try to land ON the wall off the city. Fafnir, being the fifteen foot tall, thirty foot long lizard with a forty foot wing span and a large poisonous barbed tail--weighed roughly, ten tons or more roughly? Try adding that kind of weight to a simple stone battlement. Dietrch guaranteed it would NOT hold up.

"Shiiiiiiit! Fafnir! No! Stop! You can't land there! Nooooo!"

A loud crash proceeded to erupt outside the city gates, and a plum of dust, debris and powdered rock obscured the sight of the feline Laguz who was now hanging up side down by his saddle strap. A curious sight indeed. But rather stay where it was, which, Dietrch arguably wanted it to, it proceeded forwards, sticking its neck all the way through the cullis gate, its large head sticking out the other end flailing its highly dangerous tail about--why?

Because Gwen was there of course.

"Hey! Hey! People need to get through there! Like...me!"

A thud or so later, Dietrch was trying to 'push' the lizard back. Buuuut, he mine as well have been pushing the wall next to it for all the good he was doing.

"You stupid, stupid lizard! I hate you!" He growled, the fur on his bluish black tail standing on in with his annoyance.

Reactions: - Falcon -

Barus sighed, Sari's dampening mood was dampening his as well. He could have blamed what transpired on himself though. He was the one who was being impulsive and also picked a fight with Gwen, which he probably should not have. It was unwise to ruin their relations this early in their journey, even if she was acting like an complete idiot. In their next encounter, he would just have to play on her terms.

Barus was about to ask where they were headed but he got his answer when he saw the many cat Laguz in the area. He did not expect that the medicinal shop was in a district full of cats, although he had no problem with it. Carte and Barus followed Sari until she led them to a small home close to the outskirts of the cat district. He looked at the little patch of grass, flowerpots, and plant bins. Barus did not know what it was, but this area just made him feel calm. Even thought the place seemed to be in poor shape, it lifted his spirits up. He enjoyed the more little things in life.

To his right Barus noticed the cart with the mare in front of it. He assumed that that was the vessel they would use to hold their supplies. His ears perked up as he heard Sari asking if anyone could hitch the mare to the cart and he agreed. It seemed like an easy enough task. He approached the female horse before looking at the cart. He pulled the cart closer to the horse and attached it, and the mare didn't seem to care much. Barus was happy that she made the task easy for him.

He turned back to the house, seeing Sari talking to 'Gran' which he assumed was her grandmother, and a smaller cat who seemed to be filled with energy. The group conversed for a few moments before he watched the cats come back out of the house and into the open. The smaller cat who he did not know complained about how Sari got to go on an adventure and how she did not. That girl seemed to be a jealous one indeed. The elder cat talked about how she didn't know why the other was complaining, for she could learn a bit about being responsible. The woman than approached Lysander and Barus looked into the sky, hearing about how Lysander was going to be the caretaker of Sari.

The elder seemed slightly like Gwen, with her speech tone and all. Wait, how could Barus think of something so cruel? No one should be compared to the likes of Gwen, no matter how annoying or obnoxious they were. He wasn't saying that the old woman was obnoxious, but the way she ordered people around made her seem like the manakete girl. He turned his attention back to the woman as she asked if one of them could help with getting the items, the other with the broken fence. Why did the woman not want the money instead? The other cat thought the same as Barus. He had no issue with fixing things though, and volunteered.

"Carte, how about you go and get the items? I will go ahead and fix this fence. Manual labor is not much to me, and I could probably get this done in no time, as long as you get me the tools."

Carte nodded his head at the elderly Cat and the Hawk. "Of course. I'm no stranger to labor, but you're probably a better handyman than I, Barus. I take it you'll need a hammer, nails, timber, and a shovel or auger. Some of these fence posts look doomed, if I'm honest. I'll get what I can from the shed. Ma'am, we'll be needing vulneraries and anti-toxin, yes, but do you have any Balmwood? Balmwood's a great thing for a Cleric or Priest to have, and since your granddaughter is of the former profession, it would be suitable for us to have Balmwood Staves. If we could have a few Concoctions as well, that'll help our larger allies, like Barus here. With all due respect, ma'am, what is good for one is not always good for all. He's too built for a simple vulnerary to aid him when he needs it. Now, then, I'll go and get my friend some tools and materials for this fence."

With that, not waiting for an answer (as surely the lady knew he would understand if she could not supply their medicines), Carte sped off to retrieve Barus his tools. Since some sposts could be saved, Carte started with the hammer and nails. He later went back for the shovel - as there was no auger - and gave Barus a steady stream of timber for the fence as he repaired it.

"THE CANE!" A sharp voice cried out. "I can't believe I forgot already!" Aleria turned and marched back over to the man she'd originally been arguing with and slapped a bag of coins down on the counter. "This is way more than it's worth, now hand it over or so help me I will tear the stall apart." She threatened, keeping a cheerful smile on her face.

Normally she didn't like threatening people, but she did what was needed when it meant getting Requiem what she thought he wanted. She was surprisingly loyal to him, despite her desire to irritate him as much as possible. The man quickly handed over the cane and took the coin, not saying a word to her, but glaring very sharply. She just smiled innocently and took the cane, dancing her way over to the other two "Oh Maaaaster! Look what I got!" She sang out.

She held the can above her head to him "Do you like it?" She asked excitedly.

Requiem smirked at the Raven girl and took the cane, leaning on it lightly, testing it out. "It's perfect Aleria, thank you." He told her, ruffling her hair lightly.

The dancer grinned and spun around the two of them "So, blacksmith right this way!" She said, leading the group to the shop. Inside was a large Wolf Laguz swinging a hammer at a piece of iron.

Upon the arrival of the group, he looked up. "Hello there, what can I do for you?"

Gwen was quietly grumbling to herself with Aesyr in tow as the overly cheerful taguel slowly dragged her around. She was especially trash mouthed whenever the Taguel kept on teasing her about different things. How her steps were a little bit off today (like seriously how would this nuisance of a shapeshifter know anything about how Gwen, a skilled dancer, would be behind pace on her toes?) By the time that they had found themselves where the group originally was and realized that they weren't there Gwen was already pissed off and Aesyr was laughing at how red her cheeks got when she got angry.

The unavoidably loud duo eventually made their way back down finding themselves at the gate when the large reptilian beast landed in front of them. Aseyr whistled loudly as he saw his friend hanging by the straps of his mount. He elbowed Gwen's side peacefully before offering a smile.

"Well well, why isn't it Dietrch..?" The taguel spoke loudly, striding over to the final member of their infamous trio and punching his side as the usual introduction. The taguel then proceeded to laugh as the rider tried to push his large wyvern. He patted the cat laguz's back. "Hey man - you've let yourself go.." He commented before also trying his strength by pushing the beast.

But Gwen herself did not participate in all the banter. Her emerald orbs trained on the slightly yellow one's of the beast. Wyverns were distant relatives to the Manakete and the Dragon Laguz so it was only natural that both she and the wyvern had a way of communicating. The dancer lightly walked over, her hand slowly tracing the scales of the beast while her two friends were at it.

"You guys should stop being assholes to such a beautiful creature less you might find yourself dealing with two, large, fanged dragons - got it?" Gwen then said seriously, offering glares to them. It was a common occurrence for the Envoy to be to become overly protective over animals such as a wyvern.

When Sari stepped back out of the little house a short time later, dressed in travel cloths with a pack over her shoulder, she immediately noticed all the work that had been done on the fence. Her hand came to her mouth as her green eyes gazed on the work and a soft "oh my," left her lips.
"Oh no, I'm sorry," she murmured as she stepped up to them as they worked, "I didn't realize she'd put you to work - I - If I had known I would have warned you - you can stop now if you like - I - I should never have let her out here alone!"

A moment later Mini stepped out of the workshop, a large box in her arms. "here you go Mr. Carte," the cat girl called her tail swishing with pride. "I managed to find it, all of it. Every single thing you asked for! Of course some of it's the last of our stock so I'll have to make more and there may not be as much as you wanted, but you can always check other shops right? That or you can sit still on one place long enough for Sari to make some. Provided she has the ingredients of course . . . Hey that's right! with Sari gone I get to make the hard stuff!"

Sari licked her lips and stepped around the others the slip her bag, beaststone tucked safely into the front pocket, into the cart behind the driver's seat. Her healer's pack was there as well along with an extra staff, and a box of what looked like yarn for knitting. That would be useful. The clothing she had might not be warm enough, so maybe she could make scarves and things as they traveled.

"I- I think that's everything we can get from here," She called softly to the men. "When - whenever you're ready we can - can go to the gate. Thank you for - for coming with me to help."

As Barus finished repairing the wooden fence, Sari came back out of the house dressed in travel clothes. He placed the tools down he was given by Carte down before giving the tactician a thumbs up. Sari seemed flustered as she saw him finishing up the work on the fence, stating that she would have warned him that work was involve if she knew. She also said that she should have never let her grandmother out of the house alone but Barus honestly didn't care much. It was nice to get his arms working once in a while and there would be more vigorous work in battle anyways.

"Honestly Sari it's fine. I have no problem with doing manual work. The work along the road we walk will be harder anyways."

He ended with a reassuring smile, trying to also give off a look that she did not need to worry that much about him. Barus turned at the sound of a door opening, seeing the smaller cat girl come out of workshop with a large box in her arms. He assumed that it was the healing supplies that they would be needing on their journey. His assumption was confirmed as the girl approached Carte, saying that she had the things that they required. She seemed rather ecstatic and not remorseful that Sari was leaving, saying that she finally got the opportunity to make the hard stuff. He shrugged at that statement before seeing Sari getting in the cart, checking the reigns. He focused his attention to her as she spoke, saying that she was very grateful for her help and also stated that whenever they wanted to go, they can. He placed his helmet in the back of the cart before pressing his fingers into his palm, cracking them.

"I am actually going to fly to the gate rather than weighing you two down. It will be nice to finally be using my wings after a while."

It was true, although he was a Hawk he rode around on his steed as if he was a Beorc. He had not flown for about three months, and he was itching to get back in the air again. Barus flapped his wings a few times before finally lifting off, sweeping up a cloud of dust. He waved to the two on the ground before taking off towards the gate with a wide grin on his face. The wind felt so nice against his skin, and it was as if he was visiting home for the first time in a while.​

Status
Not open for further replies.