Fire Emblem - The Crisis of Akaneia - OOC

Well crap I didn't know there was an actual class called paladin... Either way though you're doing RPing wrong if you expect a balance of characters. RPing is supposed to be fun for everyone, and unless it actually goes against the possibilities of the setting, eg a mage in a setting with out magic, then it's unfair to force someone to change their character just because you don't like it. And besides, the only class that can wield both swords and dark tomes is the dark knight, which uses a horse, something that this character doesn't even know how to use. And considering no one ever actually established any kind of lore for any number of tiny islands that may or may not exist, I don't see any issue with it at all. It's barely 3km diameter.

You don't have to be a jerk about me not liking your character's backstory. But since I feel slighted I will be more judgmental now than I otherwise would have. Keeping mind I have the right to say no or yes to a character based on my spot a GM and as GM I do have the final say in the matters regarding this roleplay. If you think roleplays are 'better' if they don't have diversity that is up to you. However I think otherwise. For further point I'll point to the rules highlighted in yellow on the front page

2. I am the GM and what I say goes. I talk softly and carry a big stick and I will use it if needed.
I will however bring up the flaws in your argument. Dark Knights do not use dark magic only swords and normal magic. Sorcerers use dark magic but are ground units and sages and Valkyries use staves but are not capable of using dark magic. Basically an faster and stronger mage. Augustus being a Jegan archetype for this roleplay is more or less consolidated with his acceptance into this roleplay and we don't need two promoted units. The ratio of unpromoted units is two to three(with me using ALL three unpromoted characters) if I do accept your person with Autumn's manakate being a unique class.

On a story perspective there's this: What does your island even gain from having a small population and keeping itself apart from the haildom of Ylisse? What with that population on the island you get some fishermen, some farmers, and maybe a lord or two with a very small military if that and all just because of these 'dark paladins'. They apparently having themselves cut off from trade, minor as it may be with Ylisse gaining little from it, doesn't help their situation at all forcing them to keep on with the resources on the island. So what do they gain from being independent? Keeping out of a holy war? Alright maybe but they wouldn't contribute all that much if anything being a rather small island. Other than that maybe being a religious group devoted to something like a mini church but once again they have little influence due to the vast naga and or fell dragon worship running around. I see very few reason for them being separate from Ylisse and furthermore why would an envoy leave the capital to go to the festival? Emmeryn isn't there just a contingent of pegasus knights. There's no reason for her to be there when she has diplomatic duties to attend to at the capital.

I will not accept the character as it is. If you want to be a part of this dark paladin group still so be it but they simply will be a poorly funded group of dark mages on the coast of Ylisse whom may train with horses. As it stands they aren't even remotely important to Ylisse having little to offer expect maybe a small mine or fishing resources and some soldiers that may be useful keeping border patrol going. They'd need to be brought down to a base class type. I don't want another Jegan Archtype. What challenge will there be in fighting bandits? We already got a paladin and a dragon. Those two alone should be terrifying enough on it's own but we have Zaku and Jiro whom are skilled swordsmen in their own right. They way I see it your character adds nothing to the overall plot nor the intrigue of the roleplay. She's just some sort of upgraded mage knight whom is representing a group of people whom have little reason to exist as an independent nation nor exist other than that they do.

Y'know what? I don't care anymore. It's probably a good thing anyway. You don't strike me as the kind of person who'd make a very good GM. You'd be the kind who deliberately tries to find flaws in every IC post that anyone makes so that in the end you may as well be writing the story entirely by yourself. Good day.

Alright then moving on Legend and Autumn I'm willing to keep this going with just the three of us seeing as you two seem to have no problem with the way I run things.

Also for you two who may not have seen I have the in character thread up.

Art school is hard. I'll be getting a post up later tonight hopefully ;w;

You have my condolences Autumn.

I've been busy as well, lately. Hopefully I can produce something tomorrow.

well I'll just be here...waiting....

I'm typing my post riiight now you will not have to wait much longer. hopefully.

Edit:
Posted \0w0/
Not my best, but not my worst. Sorry there is no direct interacting I kinda just wanted to get a post out there. But she sure is open for interaction ;3c

Last edited:
Alright Wyvern do you want me to bring Isabelle to you, bring in Jiro and Zaku to talk to you, or some random generic NPC of some sort?

Whatever you want man. I like not knowing what will happen next haha

Can you please change that black font to something else man it is really hard to see.

Hey Legend I'm also a bit confused on where you are exactly. You said you got there from Ferox, then your in a bar, and then something about Plegia and I got no clue where exactly you are. The whole point of the Festival in Ylisse is that I can actually pull our characters together.

My character is currently in Ferox along the Ferox-Ylisse border. I should have explained that, I apologize. Granted, I can add in another paragraph to speed up the traveling time.

Boss...we're south of the Ylisse's capital which is about in the middle of the country there's literally no way I think of that will allow me to get you unless you're at the festival or near it. The prologue and the first chapter will revolve around some bandit chasing.

I'd also like to apologize if I seem too forward it's just that I can't stress enough that you can't just fling your character into another part of the continent from all the other characters and expect me to do much with him.

I take no offense :D
Though I'll still try to fix it.

So do you want me to send out some pegasus knights to you Legend?

I suppose that should work. Though I'd like to state here that the first half of this week will be much slower for me than it usually is.