3. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Futanari
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Yuri, Yaoi (if there is a crossdresser), Furry, Romance, School Life, Fantasy, Sci Fi, Modern, etc. I'm pretty open minded
Prologue

A Night to Remember

burning_village_by_tonkyp-d4vkt8l.jpg

This is the story of the Brave Brigade, the first members of the Resistance. Their origins is usually told to new recruits but many different tales have been spun, the original tale having become a tall tale. But the older members tend to remember it all started with a pair of siblings that had lost everything only to rebuild and become stronger in the face of adversary so that they could keep others from experiencing what they had to. Along the way they encounter others that they helped and in return they received aid in their cause. These first members of the Resistance would later become legends but the siblings however became myth. The siblings found the Resistance but before that they were mere children born to honest farmers in a small obscure village. . .

Another peaceful night started to descend upon the village of Yaga. All the villagers were getting ready to sit down at the table for dinner or finishing some last minute chores. Crickets chirped in unison, singing an all too familiar song while the fireflies seemed to dance to the tune. The wind had even calmed from earlier in the day. Everything seemed so peaceful that even the small militia that guarded the village against bandits believed they could have a relaxed night.

Leon Rostov leaned back in his chair as his eyes looked at the door. His older sister was uncharacteristically late and for once it wouldn't be him catching their parents’ scolding. His attention was turned to the sound of a bowl placed in front of him. “Thanks mom.” He said, while his mother just offered a smile. For as long as he could remember, their mother had been a mute but she still had a way to scold her children. Leon rather get yelled at by their father than face the silent rage that was their mother. When he reached to take a spoonful of soup, his mother slapped his hand with a wooden spoon and shook her head.

“Wait til your sister gets here. We are family so we shall eat as one.” His father said from across the table, his eyes looking up from his book at his son. Leon inwardly cursed the pain his hand felt, their mother never held back. “Yeah okay, but mom don't hit me so hard next time otherwise, how will I pull back my bowstring?” He teased as his mother rolled her eyes. He looked over at their father who had resumed reading his book. Their father had said before he had used to be a tutor for the more privileged until he met their mother who was just a mere peasant girl working as a servant that no one really paid attention to. He gave up everything to start a new life with her in Yaga where he picked up being farmer rather quickly. Their father always said he never regretted his decision, the quiet village life was so much better than the loud and busy city life. He even mentored his kids but Leon never could catch on the book learning.

Leon sighed as his eyes went back to the door. His sister was usually here before him. He didn't know if he should be worried or happy. He loved his older sister but at times she could be a pain for him to deal with. She was always the least likely to get in trouble with their parents and when she did, somehow her punishments always seemed easier than his. A little part of him resented her for that but she was always there for him when they were kids. More than once had she gotten him out of a rough spot. He snapped out of his thoughts as the door opened.

• Love
Reactions: Falcon

"Sorry Ma," were the first words out of Alysa's mouth as she entered their family home. Mrs. Kricrovski's milk cow got loose again and you know how Daisy always goes right for the Lagunov's vegetable patch. It took Luka and I both to get her out of there and then she took off down main street."

It really had been a lot of running around and trying to catch a cow before it caused any damage, but Alysa had a knack for taking an ordinary everyday story and spinning it into an adventure. And this one she told well because she knew that if she didn't have a good explanation she was sure in for a scolding. She knew Leon thought she got away with more, but it was really the fact that being the older sibling by not quite two years had given her a bit better perspective on what stories were acceptable. And that had taken time to learn. It wasn't that she got into less trouble, just that she got into less trouble now.

"So then Elder Darya tosses me a cow hook and plants herself right in Daisy's path. You know I'm sure Daisy's scared of her? The cow pulled up short just long enough for me to get the lasso around her neck."

Alysa finished washing her hands in the basin on the stand next to the door, and turned around to sit down at the dinner table with the rest of her family. But there was no ignoring her mother's raised eyebrow or her father's knowing look. She pushed a long lock of mint colored hair out of her face and looked down at her hands.

"I know, I know, someone else could have chased the cow." That was the other part of staying out of trouble. Admitting when you were wrong instead of arguing.

She could almost hear her mother's unspoken words. Even if she had not gone cow chasing she still would probably have been late, and losing track of time because she was talking to Luka was not half so good an excuse as cow chasing. She supposed she owed Daisy a thank you. At least this way she wouldn't have to endure her brother's teasing. At least she hoped not.

Reactions: ThatGuyOverThere
Leon.gif
Leonface.png

Leon just rolled his eyes at his sister's explanation. He had a feeling that she was spending time with Luka more than chasing after a cow. He still couldn't understand how Luka was so oblivious to his sister's crush on him. Even when he confronted the guy about his sister he didn't seem to know what he was talking about. He was a good guy but wasn't quick to pick up on things. "Yeah sure you were, you weren't trying to steal a kiss from Luka or anything." He teased his sister gaining a glare from their mom but a muffled chuckle from their father.

Once Alysa was seated at the table, Leon went about shoveling the soup in his mouth. Really, he lacked any sense of table manners and with his appetite he was always hungry it seemed. He could feel his mother's glare growing more intense, making him slow down his pace. His father just shook his head returning to his book. "The soup is really good mom." For a moment, her stern look eased to a smile. Complimenting her cooking was an easy way to get on her good side. But it really was good and it was taking every ounce of his willpower not to devour it like an animal.

Dinner had been like it always was. Leon teased Alsya when he could which didn't help much since he was tasked with dishes. Once the family was done eating, Leon helped gathered the dishes but before he went to clean them he whispered in his sister's ear. "I bet you kissed him huh?" He couldn't help but laugh at her reaction. She was so fun to tease especially when it came to her and Luka. Leon was in the middle of his chore when the door opened revealing a panting Sasha.

"There's a group of men outside setting fire to the village! They say they're with a man named Ammuna? They're demanding we bring them the Popov noble hiding here! They're not listening to reason. I've been warning all I can to run!" The girl said in a panic. She looked over at Alsya and Leon with a grim expression on her face. "They killed Luka." Was all she could say before her eyes averted elsewhere. Leon just stared in disbelief and it was their father telling them to grab what they could to bring him back to reality. Quickly he grabbed his bow and his quiver of arrows. "We got to go now!" His father yelled grabbing a sack with some food in it that their mother had hastily put together.

Sasha served as a lookout for the family as they gathered their things. "Head for the forest, that's where the rest of the villagers will be. I have to make sure everyone else is okay." Leon was about to protest but the girl had already dashed into the growing inferno. He looked over to his sister gripping his bow firmly. "Those bastards will pay for this and for Luka." He gritted his teeth before following after Sasha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Falcon

"They killed Luka,"

The words echoed in Alysa's head over and over as she tried to take in what Sasha was saying. Soldiers were attacking the village looking for a noble? They were burning things? Luka was dead? A moment later she was drawn back to reality as the family began gathering the things they would need to survive. Bags of food, a spare outfit, hunting tools. Boots were hastily shoved onto feel and as Leon grabbed his bow Alysa found and hefted a hunting spear usually reserved for wild boar.

And then Leon was dashing off after Sasha. Alysa called after him that they needed to stay together but it was too late.

"Go!" their father told her, grabbing her firmly by the shoulders, "Go after him and bring him back. Your mother and I will head for the meeting spot in the woods. If the worst should happen and we get separated further or we can't get back, then go to the mountain caves. You remember where?"

Alysa could only choke back tears as she nodded.

"You're be able to find shelter there if the village isn't safe. But we'll meet up again soon."

"I love you," was all she managed to say, "I love you both," and then they were out the door.

She waiting a moment to see which direction her father was helping her mother toward before she took off after Leon. The night was filled with screams and cries and the sound of roaring flame. The whole village was washed in an orange glow from torched rooves that case hard shadows and illuminated strange corners. Dark figures ran in every direction, some fleeing into the woods and others, like her, looking for family members.

"Leon!," she called again and again, trying not to cough in the smoke filled air. "Brother, where are you?"

And she she saw him, just a shadowy outline in the hazy light, but the outline of his bow was unmistakable. Alysa gripped her boar spear tight in hand and made her way to her brother as quickly as possible.

"Leon, we need to leave! We need to get back to Ma and Papa!"

Leon.gif
Leonface.png

Leon was fueled by anger and vengeance and hadn't given a thought to his own safety. These bastards killed Luka and for what? He planned to get an answer out of someone. Luka hadn't done anything wrong to anyone and always strived to be the better person. He was always helping people even if they didn't deserve it. Why would anyone kill him?

In the midst of the smoke, Leon saw a figure about to impale another with a spear. Without thinking he brought up his bow and took aim. His arrow flew true as it found its target, making the hazy silhouette fall to the ground. Then it hit him, he had killed another person. The kill was a lot different than from killing an animal. A part of him just wanted to get sick but he calmed himself. These guys were attacking them so it was self defense.

But his sister's voice brought him away from his thoughts. It seemed so distant even if it was close. Another figure emerged from the smoke rushing at him. Luckily he was able to avoid the attack and get to a safe distance to fire off another arrow. The arrow found its mark but the man seemed to shrug of the blow. This time he wasn't so lucky as the man's spear grazed his arm while he tried to dodge the attack. Desperately he tried to get to a safe distance to where he could get a better shot.

Last edited:
Alysa was beginning to feel mostly panic, panic and anger. Here were these soldiers trying to kill them, killing their neighbors and their friends. All because they believed some noble was hiding among therm. Well true there was a noble hiding there but why on earth would such a noble, one who had taken up farming pose a threat to these soldiers or their commander? Surly such a man couldn't possibly have enough political influence to get in the way. Not now.

She froze initially when she realized it was fight or be killed, kill or be killed in some cases, and then she realized the danger her brother was in. she raised her own spear and thrust herself between her sibling and his assailant. twisting hers so that the enemies was flung wildly aside loosening his grip on the shaft. He was wide open and Alysa tried not to think too much about what she was doing as she drove the tip of her own spear through the small gap right below the chest plate as he bent backward. She knew what the sight of red and that gurgling sound meant. But she didn't dare let herself think about it.

"Stay behind me!" she snapped. "That'll give you the distance to fire your bow and I've got enough skill with this to keep anyone from going after you."

It was true. She was quite skilled with the boar spear, well as skilled as any girl allowed to accompany her father on the village hunts could be. She was hardly the best in the village, but right now she had to be good enough.

"We can find Sasha and - and then work together to get to the woods and help any one we can."

And with that she began shoving Leon toward a group of houses where she could still see figures running through the smoke. With any luck Sasha was over there too. With every step she continued to make sure she was between her little brother and any danger.